Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
I just trolled around steam's store until I bought one game, tried to buy another game I already own, and then played titanfall 2 for 3 hours.

God drat steam is good at what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Be careful what you wish for in FO4 - vertibird travel is not immune to the raider guy in SE boston carrying a fat man. Yeah that more or less ended my survival save game with how far it set me back.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TimWinter posted:

Be careful what you wish for in FO4 - vertibird travel is not immune to the raider guy in SE boston carrying a fat man. Yeah that more or less ended my survival save game with how far it set me back.

For all their talk of air superiority, in a normal game on normal difficulty, after the BoS comes in, the rest of the game until you destroy the BÖRDMÖM has a constant background noise of vertibirds being brought down by small arms fire by nobody NPCs. It's amazing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
squadrons is still v. good but what if I don't want to destroy the rebel convoy after we extracted what we wanted

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

squadrons is still v. good but what if I don't want to destroy the rebel convoy after we extracted what we wanted

they made a movie about this, you defect and have a cool character arc at first then get shuffled into a comic relief side character because of racism

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

3D Megadoodoo posted:

For all their talk of air superiority, in a normal game on normal difficulty, after the BoS comes in, the rest of the game until you destroy the BÖRDMÖM has a constant background noise of vertibirds being brought down by small arms fire by nobody NPCs. It's amazing.

i like it when they drop their troopers directly into the ocean

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i've put plenty of hours into fo4, but only recently learned that you can get a liberty prime, dammit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fo4 would be legit amazing if it was all as good as far harbour, and the speech options were better than

- Yes
- Yes but for more caps
- Duh
- No (but add the quest marker anyway, so really Yes)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

even 76 has better dialing options and it didnt have human npcs for a year. i just want to be a bit of an rear end sometimes in my options

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

TimWinter posted:

extremely lol.

the other option is the institute for teleport magic i guess

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

teleport magic

may i interject...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

may i interject...
gently caress blink

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:evilbuddy:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shaggar posted:

outer worlds sucked

trying to get into it on game pass, is there supposed to be a massive difficulty spike about 4 main story missions in?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no it is in fact quite an easy game throughout

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

carry on then posted:

trying to get into it on game pass, is there supposed to be a massive difficulty spike about 4 main story missions in?

its easy and the story and characters never really get interesting

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

then why did it drop me into an area where everything is 10 levels higher than me

e: i keep spending my entire ammo reserves trying to kill one of the things in the area around the base, there are like 10 of them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Combat-oriented adventure computer video games should all have Nahlakh-style difficulty.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Combat-oriented adventure computer video games should all have Nahlakh-style difficulty.

agreed, games should have punishing difficulty and should be reserved only for those who can afford to plow hours upon hours into them in order to find any enjoyment at all

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I also agree. but you should be able to summon other players to your game to help you out if you want to

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

carry on then posted:

iirc there are some weird scaling and leveled enemies that are just bullet sponge garbage that you might not be intended to engage that early. i didnt finish it because it was such a horseshit garbage game, sloggy shooting that makes even NV feel better, and surprisingly really loving ugly 'chromatic abberation' diahhrea slurry spew, ontop of awful "hmm maybe capitalism is good? both sides many sides". i can tolerate the latter as not every game needs to be Disco Elysium, but the gameplay and everything was just horrible.

i regret the $1 i spent buying Xbox Game Pass for it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

power botton posted:

I also agree. but you should be able to summon other players to your game to help you out if you want to

I'm all for on-line multi-player for party-based adventure games. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms Baldur's Gate was pretty drat great with co-op.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

a game is introduced that kills the player as soon as the game starts. it wins every goty award

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Xaris posted:

iirc there are some weird scaling and leveled enemies that are just bullet sponge garbage that you might not be intended to engage that early. i didnt finish it because it was such a horseshit garbage game, sloggy shooting that makes even NV feel better, and surprisingly really loving ugly 'chromatic abberation' diahhrea slurry spew, ontop of awful "hmm maybe capitalism is good? both sides many sides". i can tolerate the latter as not every game needs to be Disco Elysium, but the gameplay and everything was just horrible.

i regret the $1 i spent buying Xbox Game Pass for it.
the moment I noticed all the enemies track you through walls and had no AI whatsoever kinda ruined it for me, although saying 'ruin' makes it like the game had other, good things about it.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus WEP posted:

no it is in fact quite an easy game throughout

i mean the enemies just get plain spongier, but the tactics are the same

it plays like nv without the pluckiness of nv and without the combat refinement of fo4, idk, looking back i didnt really care about the outcomes and the split worlds made the exploration too simple for my preferences

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

toiletbrush posted:

the moment I noticed all the enemies track you through walls and had no AI whatsoever kinda ruined it for me, although saying 'ruin' makes it like the game had other, good things about it.
i mean i grew up playing games that would just perma-track through all walls/foliage/etc and shoot you across the map, that part wasn't that big of deal and i just always kinda presume they do it in most games and more surprised when they don't than when they do, but yeah kinda embarrassing for a late 2019 game. it was just such an absolutely lazy game all-around.

but get this... your side kick is asexual! :wth: very progressive GOTY GOAT GOTYGOAT kotaku polygon giantbomb ogamespot ign gamersgame 9.8 9.9 10 9.9/10 cannes-winner emmy-nominee oscar-winner tonys-winner all awards ever.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 13, 2020

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Outer worlds was ok. Mercifully short. I would rank it a bit better than fo4 but I will probably spend more time on fo4

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

outer worlds was so obviously supposed to be bigger and have way more content but was made to its budget, I mean what's the point of designing 4 different outdoor environments and then putting the exact same monsters on them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

carry on then posted:

a game is introduced that kills the player as soon as the game starts. it wins every goty award

demon's souls remake comes out next month

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

outer worlds was so obviously supposed to be bigger and have way more content but was made to its budget, I mean what's the point of designing 4 different outdoor environments and then putting the exact same monsters on them

i think there's even places on the solar system map that're not reachable and will be the 'dlc' but were probably original game content trimmed for time or upselling later

it felt skeletal at parts where some smaller quests would smooth out the empty spaces youre pushed through and in a fallout game would have had more content or more quirky interaction

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

carry on then posted:

planescape torment was that good yes

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

Outer worlds was ok. Mercifully short. I would rank it a bit better than fo4 but I will probably spend more time on fo4

yeah this

at least outer worlds had you taking your crewmate out for drinks to psyche them up to ask someone out, rest of the game was medium

and the retro futurism was really out of place imo

the evil faction was also comically evil, not sure who would ever side with them, even compared to like the legion in nv

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i was thinking everyone was talking about outer wilds and was excited it was on game pass

yeah outer limits fukin sucked

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cat Face Joe posted:

i was thinking everyone was talking about outer wilds and was excited it was on game pass

yeah outer limits fukin sucked

i made that mistake a few months back. is there some game name generator that devs hit because this feels like it keeps happening

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
customers are often basically illiterate, jack down the vocab

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

tbf, I bounced off both outer worlds and outer wilds

playing wasteland 3 right now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah wasteworld 3 is cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
outer wilds is very good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

outer wilds is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

playing RDR2 online with my partner, hunting deer and selling booze, it's quite relaxing