Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Inadequately, I couldn't live without:

Easy Speedup and No Forced Slowdown. Easy Speedup lets you go to 4x speed, nice at nighttime, and No Forced Slowdown lets you speed up while an event is in progress, if you don't want to spend minutes watching tribesmen slowly invade from the corner. Events still start out slow, but you can override.

Allow Tool. Greatly improves selection. You can select one object and then drag to select things like it. You can then take the selected group and go "Harvest Only Unripe", so you can select an entire forest and grab only the mature trees.

Replace Stuff. Lets you build doors over walls, coolers over walls, and so on.

Avoid Friendly Fire, because dupes are dumb.

I like EdB Prepare Carefully (a fork, the original Prepare Carefully is abandoned) because who wants to spend hours rerolling? If you turn on Point Limits, you can keep the total value of your improved characters the same as they were at inception. Great for handling that one roll that is perfect except he's a pyromaniac. Note that passions and traits aren't included in the sum.

ZiTools Object Seeker (get this from github) Tired of pixel-hunting to find that one bolt-action rifle a wounded pawn dropped? Search for it. I also use this a lot to find out "are there any healroots" and "what animals are around at the moment"

I like:
More Descriptive Words and Names. Gives you character and place names that weren't part of the Kickstarter. Feels more like a randomly-generated world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Avoid Friendly Fire, because dupes are dumb.
Okay, yes, but also it's kind of darkly hilarious when Urist McShotgun ventilates her husband because a mad rat is crawling up his leg.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The Z-levels mod is pretty interesting in giving the game (more of) a Dwarf Fortress feel. Though there are a lot of bugs with it currently. I've got a colony that's a few seasons in and I'm not sure I'm not gonna have to restart without the mod, which is a pity. I really enjoy the gameplay of tunneling through the rock and carving out rooms. But if I don't babysit my pawns, they will use an entire stack of materials for a single meal. And I'm using OgreStack. So an entire stack of rice means a full harvest

EDIT: Two mods that I will now never be able to play without are

Veggie Mix - Turn a mix of vegetables into a single item! You can "mix" a single type of veggie as well. Great for combining down a huge harvest!

Meat Blend - The same thing, but with meat.

As a bonus, both mods train your colonists' cooking skill. So you can set up that pawn that has 14 in Artistic and nothing else as an intern in the kitchen and have them chopping veggies to be processed. They use the butcher's table, so there shouldn't be any risk of food poisoning either.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 12, 2020

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Z-mods is a mod that I watch with great interest, but its still something that's several months away from the point where playing with it will become a boon, instead of an annoyance.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If you don't have it, the Royalty DLC is excellent

I play with Prepare Carefully, Allow Tool, and "Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering". The other 2 were already covered, but Prosthetics adds a bunch of additional prostheses and organ replacements. It's silly that in the vanilla game you can craft a bionic spine but not a kidney, and this fixes that. It even lets you craft special brain implants that compensate for brain damage

I also like Rimatomics but it doesn't feel as "natural" as those others. Basically, it's nuclear power and fancy new high-powered weapons and stuff. Still a recommend though

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I have an android with a light sensor missing, and I have one to install, but the job doesn't show up in operations. Is this a known bug, or am I lacking something to do the operation?

nm, worked it out (I needed the proper research)

Tias fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 13, 2020

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I'm trying to have my baron give a throne speech but every time I click the button it gets immediately cancelled and he goes off to do something else. If I pause it it shows a line from him to the throne but upon unpause he immediately fucks off to do whatever.

I've tried unbanning all the doors, drafting everyone into the throne room, undrafting them, nothing works. "Could be a mod" but I'm not sure how as none of them that I have interact with work options from what I can tell.

If I turn on devmode and pause, start the throne speech, draft everyone else and undraft them, this pops up:
code:
Scott started 10 jobs in one tick. newJob=Goto (Job_2753234) A=(113, 0, 120) jobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_GotoTravelDestination jobList=(Goto (Job_2753196) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753216) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753218) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753220) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753222) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753224) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753226) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753228) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753230) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753232) A=(113, 0, 120)) (Goto (Job_2753234) A=(113, 0, 120)) 
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.StartJob_Patch1(Pawn_JobTracker, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.LordToil_Speech:UpdateAllDuties()
Verse.AI.Group.Lord:AddPawn(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController.set_Drafted_Patch1(Pawn_DraftController, Boolean)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:<GetGizmos>b__13_1()
Verse.Command_Toggle:ProcessInput(Event)
Verse.GizmoGridDrawer:DrawGizmoGrid(IEnumerable`1, Single, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch1(Root)

ShadowHawk fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 14, 2020

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Is your baron capable of sitting on their chair at other times, like to gain uhhhh "Ruling Over Others" or whatever that need was called?

Just in case his chair interaction spot is blocked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Neolithic starts are a loving nightmare, jesus christ. On the bright side, I learned to seriously appreciate pemmican.

Edit: Is there a good mod for pawn pregnancy that isn't, bluntly, fetishy? I wanna try to make a permafort that lasts generations.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 14, 2020

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

HelloSailorSign posted:

Is your baron capable of sitting on their chair at other times, like to gain uhhhh "Ruling Over Others" or whatever that need was called?
I think that need was removed in 1.1

quote:

Just in case his chair interaction spot is blocked.
I tried messing with this.

At one point the speech button was disabled because the throne was "blocked" and it was someone else watching TV from his chair.

Pawns don't sit on the chair to watch TV, they sit on the tile next to it (grand throne). A pawn once fell asleep there too and I noticed he had a bunch of comfort.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

I tried moving the throne out of TV range and deleting his meditation spot - he goes and mediates on the throne but still the speeches are getting instacancelled

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So the throne is assigned to him? I think that you don't want a second meditation spot there, the throne already serves as one.

When you click on the throne does it say that the throne room satisfies the title that the pawn has, or higher? Sometimes a silly condition isn't being met, like not all braziers being lit

Are there any enemies on the map? An active raid or infestation can force social events to be cancelled

What does the pawn's health tab look like? Are they able to speak?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

So the throne is assigned to him? I think that you don't want a second meditation spot there, the throne already serves as one.
The art in the room lets him meditate faster. I had to reassign the throne after moving it but it's def his.

quote:

When you click on the throne does it say that the throne room satisfies the title that the pawn has, or higher? Sometimes a silly condition isn't being met, like not all braziers being lit
It's definitely satisfied, his negative thoughts about undignified throne room went away

quote:

Are there any enemies on the map?
There is a manhunter pack of arctic foxes roaming at the doors and everyone is locked inside. Seemed like a good time for a speech while everyone's sitting around. Does that auto-cancel?

quote:

What does the pawn's health tab look like? Are they able to speak?
He looks pretty healthy to me

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Oops wrong tab:

It's good to be the king

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I'm out of ideas. Have to assume there's a mod issue or something, then.

Oh, a Love Enhancer? He's just too busy fuckin' to give a stupid speech

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

Oh, a Love Enhancer? He's just too busy fuckin' to give a stupid speech
It was important to install that because he killed his wife's brother and I needed to keep their opinion of eachother up. If I didn't they might divorce and I'd have to build her a separate throne room.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I had the same issue with throne speech, I didn't discover what mod conflict/bug/issue caused it either and it went away on it's own. :shrug:

I think it's caused by hostiles on the map, because I ran into the issue when I tried to improve mood of my colonists before dealing with activated mechanoid cluster, but I can't remember the exact situation, sorry.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lt. Lizard posted:

I had the same issue with throne speech, I didn't discover what mod conflict/bug/issue caused it either and it went away on it's own. :shrug:

I think it's caused by hostiles on the map, because I ran into the issue when I tried to improve mood of my colonists before dealing with activated mechanoid cluster, but I can't remember the exact situation, sorry.

It's hostiles, yeah. Some dudes were hunting when I gave the order for a throne speech. One of the animals went revenge and the speech was canceled half way through.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Neolithic starts are a loving nightmare, jesus christ. On the bright side, I learned to seriously appreciate pemmican.

Edit: Is there a good mod for pawn pregnancy that isn't, bluntly, fetishy? I wanna try to make a permafort that lasts generations.

Children and Pregnancy is good, but it has tended in the past to be more buggy. Children, School, and Learning is more stable but has less infant and child stuff.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HelloSailorSign posted:

Children and Pregnancy is good, but it has tended in the past to be more buggy. Children, School, and Learning is more stable but has less infant and child stuff.

That said you can hook in Babies and Children or Age Matters to get babies and toddlers from CSL.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

HelloSailorSign posted:

This is an incredible post to read while bieng confused on which thread you're in.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Agreed, but it still pales in comparison to accidentally stumbling into the CK3 thread.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Wait poo poo I wasn’t in the Parenting Thread?

That must be why my combination of allowed area and forbidding the door never works to keep the kid in their room to sleep. :-/

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
EDIT: I got extremely confused about what thread I was in, nothing to see here, move along.... :v:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 15, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HelloSailorSign posted:

Wait poo poo I wasn’t in the Parenting Thread?

That must be why my combination of allowed area and forbidding the door never works to keep the kid in their room to sleep. :-/
The thing to remember about children is that they have the constant -8 mood penalty from tortured artist, and the -10 from being imprisoned, so they're always either on the verge of or in the middle of at least a minor break. They do get double the normal bonus from social and recreation mood buffs, though, which is nice.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Where's the UI for forbidding doors? I can't find it when hovering over a door.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
iirc you can click on it and hit F?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Is there a mod or some interface element I can do to prevent my colonists from wandering around specific places? I don't care that they aimlessly walk around in their downtime, but the dumb fuckers will path right into my prison wing and start opening doors to occupied cells.

It's not even an isolated thing. The "wandering" algorithm deliberately makes them path into the prison, whether the cells are occupied or not. I've actually sat there drafting and undrafting a colonist repeatedly because their AI keeps deciding "wander into an occupied prison cell!"

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
What's the best combination of pawn AI mods? There's Common Sense, Pick up and Haul, Jobs of Opportunity etc but which ones are recommended?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

DoubleNegative posted:

Is there a mod or some interface element I can do to prevent my colonists from wandering around specific places? I don't care that they aimlessly walk around in their downtime, but the dumb fuckers will path right into my prison wing and start opening doors to occupied cells.

It's not even an isolated thing. The "wandering" algorithm deliberately makes them path into the prison, whether the cells are occupied or not. I've actually sat there drafting and undrafting a colonist repeatedly because their AI keeps deciding "wander into an occupied prison cell!"

You can use the allowed area restrictions to ban anyone except your warden from going into the prison area but that behavior sounds odd to me. Do you have tables in the cells? If so click on them and uncheck the option to use it as a party/gathering area. If it's not that I'm not sure why pawns would go bumbling in there without a reason. Viewing art, maybe?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

DoubleNegative posted:

I might be slightly confused, but are you sure you're not seeing your pawns performing warden jobs? Your pawns will talk to prisoners to break down resistance for recruitment, feed prisoners, tend to them if they are injured, etc. It's also not generally an issue if they go into an area with a prison cell; prisoners are quite polite and will not make a break for it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Gadzuko posted:

You can use the allowed area restrictions to ban anyone except your warden from going into the prison area but that behavior sounds odd to me. Do you have tables in the cells? If so click on them and uncheck the option to use it as a party/gathering area. If it's not that I'm not sure why pawns would go bumbling in there without a reason. Viewing art, maybe?

The table being a gathering area was the problem! I turned off gathering areas for everything but my dining room/rec room combo and now everyone's at least congregating in the nicest room in the colony.

Dirk the Average posted:

I might be slightly confused, but are you sure you're not seeing your pawns performing warden jobs? Your pawns will talk to prisoners to break down resistance for recruitment, feed prisoners, tend to them if they are injured, etc. It's also not generally an issue if they go into an area with a prison cell; prisoners are quite polite and will not make a break for it.

Nope. The job description said wandering! They were just lazily pathing around the fort not doing anything in particular. All the prisoners were asleep besides, and I try to avoid too many mood maluses on them because it makes recruiting just that much harder. I know I'd be upset if some idiot wandered into a room I was sleeping in because he wanted to sit at my desk.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

The thing to remember about children is that they have the constant -8 mood penalty from tortured artist, and the -10 from being imprisoned, so they're always either on the verge of or in the middle of at least a minor break. They do get double the normal bonus from social and recreation mood buffs, though, which is nice.

Yeah but the random negative moodlets from fine and lavish meals is super annoying.

It's also the last time I let them anywhere near the freezer, little jerk went through 2 stacks of berries and then was vomiting in the kitchen which wound up giving everyone food poisoning.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Are plasma swords dumb? They seem dumb.

My first encounter with a plasma sword was 3 guys doing a drop pod raid into my base pretty early on. 2 of them landed in my wooden starter barracks/workshop, so I ignored them while I dealt with the third guy. Instead of busting through the wooden door to meet up with their buddy they decided to trash the room. Fair enough. But everything is wood, and one of them has a plasma sword. He hits stuff with the sword and it starts fires. Lots of fires. The temperature gets over a hundred degrees. The air is shimmering. The two dumb asses pass out from the heat.

All I could think of was this guy as the plasma sword bandit:
https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

What is the plasma sword good for, other than owning yourself?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
It's good for the exact reason those guys melted themselves: It sets (most) things on fire when they're hit.

Enemies can't fight back when they're busy running around screaming and maybe even setting their friends on fire.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Plasma swords own for fighting bugs and other big animals but yeah you don't want to use one indoors in a room full of wood lol

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
On that note, if you've got a pawn that's got crap shooting and melee, give them an incendiary launcher (Switch to emp for mechs). The splash damage means they'll hit the target most of the time and completely disable them for a few seconds, probably driving them out of cover for your other colonists to shoot.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Just don’t forget about which pawn has the incendiary launcher and let them fire at will into uhhh unfortunate areas.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Not a plasma sword exactly but one of the mods I got (rimsernal maybe?) had a torch sword that sets stuff on fire. I gave it to my frontliners and have an infestation in the venting system for a room that held a nuclear power plant. The bugs caught on fire which overheated the room and caused a meltdown.

Leal fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Such is life in the zone Rim.