Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Dysgenesis posted:

I went round an industrial estate with my old man a few time, had 4 lessons then passed first time.

How anyone needs 40 hours of lessons is beyond me. You do need time behind the wheel but you can get that and scare family members for free.

I probably had sixty or so. I failed the test at the end of the course (the examiner couldn't really articulate why he's given me a series of minors for observation, and I later heard they were penalised if their pass rates were outside of the norms, so I like to assume I was a restandardisation fail) and then it was a couple of weeks before I could book another (which I failed for the mythical being asked to do a manoeuvre and doing it rather than challenging him on it as it was the school run on the estate so too busy to really be attempting a turn in the road). Then I went back to uni for a term and had to take some more lessons to remember how to drive so I could pass. Which I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

me, officer? there must be some mistake, surely; i'm a good boy, ha ha.

sorr you need to accompany us down the station now, please.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Nanomachines, son!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

me, officer? there must be some mistake, surely; i'm a good boy, ha ha.

sorr you need to accompany us down the station now, please.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone's peanutted that first guy proper hard.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

The year is 2100. There is no ice left on either polar cap, half the known world is geographically very different due to flooding, the UK has still not negotiated a brexit deal and the Queen is still alive and kicking.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds good.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My brother got stressed and angry and attacked my table I'd just made with a hacksaw. Bit awkward. He knows I've seen it all but neither of us have mentioned it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did he not like it?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The table is neither here nor there. A temporary thing knocked together from scraps for some subcontractors to have their breaks around. It is however a telling insight into his current mental state which I need to be more aware of and do more to help with.

Or i could say oi dickhead what have you done to my table?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Like I dunno if it's a psychological thing? Like he attacked a thing I made he's angry with me but can't say it or something

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he just wanted to saw something.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not sure what happened but I've sort of forensically recreated it and he seems to have repeatedly hit the edge of the table until the saw blade bent and broke the plastic adjustment bit of the saw.

It wasn't a desire to saw.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Take a couple of sledgehammers out there and destroy that table together - a lovely bonding experience.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not sure what happened but I've sort of forensically recreated it and he seems to have repeatedly hit the edge of the table until the saw blade bent and broke the plastic adjustment bit of the saw.

It wasn't a desire to saw.

Was it a desire to break a lovely saw?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
awhonchu take me to

funky tooooown

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Apparently remotely playing orgasms from an album on Spotify to Ladyrat who was listening to it driving is not very funny

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it sounds pretty funny and something worth trying.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i just listen to the wireless in my car :corsair:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

looking through the prime day stuff and it all sucks. who wants to buy any of this crap?

e: lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

don't give bezos money

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

anything you buy is giving money to some evil guy

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

looking through the prime day stuff and it all sucks. who wants to buy any of this crap?

I've used one of these and its insanely useful if you are up a ladder and don't want to deal with a pocket full of sharp screws.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think its a bit late to try and stop bezos from getting rich

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TTerrible posted:

I've used one of these and its insanely useful if you are up a ladder and don't want to deal with a pocket full of sharp screws.

are you a powerful man though

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

are you a powerful man though

Not even remotely, its why I had to resort to magnets and wrist adornments to get the job done.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't doxx me please!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'll be quite old in 2100, and will probably have started voting tory

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

hemale in pain posted:

I was gifted one of these and can attest to it being useful. It also made my cock bigger. Just don't keep it anywhere near somewhere you're using a die grinder because you end up with a magnetic wrist strap covered in tiny metal filings

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wait that isn't a bdsm tool?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait that isn't a bdsm tool?

Not with that attitude.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I was gifted one of these and can attest to it being useful. It also made my cock bigger. Just don't keep it anywhere near somewhere you're using a die grinder because you end up with a magnetic wrist strap covered in tiny metal filings

I admit defeat and now will buy one in penance.

I won't actually do that but I'm gonna get a tool holder for a bicycle stand

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Home office gave me settled status/indefinite leave to remain. Bit of an anti climax just getting an email saying grats, you can live here forever now after 6 years of ball ache dealing with them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Grats on your leave/remain

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

hemale in pain posted:

I admit defeat and now will buy one in penance.

I won't actually do that but I'm gonna get a tool holder for a bicycle stand

I find those big metal magnetic bowls a lot more useful but if you have tiddly bits you can stick them on this wrist thing quite handily. Magnet bowl is superior though, you can't accidentally brush bits off your wrist with it and the magnets are stronger.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

el dingo posted:

Home office gave me settled status/indefinite leave to remain. Bit of an anti climax just getting an email saying grats, you can live here forever now after 6 years of ball ache dealing with them

I hope whereever you came from is more poo poo than the UK to make this worthwhile

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Butterfly Valley posted:

I hope whereever you came from is more poo poo than the UK to make this worthwhile

It isn't but my partner is Irish and doesnt want to live on the other side of the world from her parents so watchagonnado

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

find a better partner, presumably

https://twitter.com/walkers_crisps/status/1316013709316161546

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

el dingo posted:

It isn't but my partner is Irish and doesnt want to live on the other side of the world from her parents so watchagonnado

...live in Ireland? Which is right next door and not going to implode on January 1st?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

el dingo posted:

Welcome. My wife's applying for that in a few months :sun:

(And she's American and also black, so against all odds this hell island is actually a better place for her to be)