Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
That’s pretty cool.

I can also vouch for my UDM-Pro being rock solid and easy to configure. I run a bunch of VLANs and containers and multiple SSIDs from the AP AC lite I bought with it fwiw.

We have 4 people in the house streaming stuff regularly for work, school and entertainment and I’ve never had a complaint. I was worried when I first bought it, but I guess my use case is pretty simple or I’ve just not run into the issues some have.

I did turn off automatic firmware updates on everything. There’s a new firmware version 1.8. Might upgrade soon since I’m on 1.7.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
So two years ago on the advice of this thread I picked up an Archer C7 and then set it up as an access point, wired to my Edgerouter. Worked fine.

At some point recently, it stopped being able to connect to the internet. I've reset it a few times, I can see the router fine both over the wired and wireless connection, it looks to be configured according to TP-link's instructions for setting it into access point mode. It just won't connect to the internet (either for itself, for example fetching GMT, or by letting things connect to wifi and get an IP address). I have two access points on either end of the home so didn't really notice this one crapping out until I saw that the signal strength was rear end right on top of it.

Am I missing something?

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

admiraldennis posted:

That's kinda what I feared - thanks. Probably can't really cheap out here and be happy :)

Thinking about it more, you could also look at an mgig switch with some 10 gig uplinks -- it's sorta the way access points are headed, and it's quite a bit cheaper. Unfortunately I don't think Ubiquiti's really there yet. You'd still need to figure out how to route a 2 gbit connection.

admiraldennis posted:

It's very expensive for a residential product ($320/mo + $1k install) but I think that's actually a lot cheaper than what we pay for our single 1/1 fiber line at the office.

Yeah, $700 is pretty common. It's a good deal.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

frest posted:

Am I missing something?

Y'updated the firmware? Make sure you got the hardware revision right.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

codo27 posted:

Y'updated the firmware? Make sure you got the hardware revision right.

Nah this was the V3 so the firmware has been the latest since I got it.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

What steps should I be taking to troubleshoot poor network connection on my end? It's almost certainly not on my end but I just want to do my due dilligence.

They ran fiber to my building a month or so ago and I immediately scheduled an install, which was done today. I was on 100 Mbps VDSL previously. After the install guy left I was getting 300-400 down and maybe 150 up, which while not what I was expecting, was a hell of a lot better than the 80 down/up I was getting on VDSL. Tonight the speed test is showing around 30-50 down which leads me to believe they've overexpanded/oversold their infrastructure. Is there anything I should be looking at on my end?

(My router is a recent purchase, ASUS AX3000)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How are you connecting, for starters? And sounds like an apt building or something so I assume its not a house where you have multiple floors and such and odd places a router could be installed in

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Yeah, an apartment building. I'm connecting via wifi (new wifi card with the antennae on top of the case.). Router is about 20 feet away, but there is also a pretty thick concrete wall between me and the router. I plugged my laptop into the router this morning, but it only got about 150 down - it's a lovely laptop.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Tuxedo Gin posted:

What steps should I be taking to troubleshoot poor network connection on my end? It's almost certainly not on my end but ... there is also a pretty thick concrete wall between me and the router.

I think I've spotted your problem

Look at buying a power line network extender or something to get around the wall

https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-Computer-Network-Adapters/

2.4ghz will penetrate concrete (sometimes) but it's not really designed to do that, which is probably why your signal sucks

5ghz absolutely will not penetrate concrete, if you're getting any 5ghz signal, it's due to luck that it's bouncing around a corner and not being totally absorbed by a wall

If you want to check your network connection, plug a wired ethernet cable into the router, and the other end into your laptop, turn off your laptops wifi and then do a speed check. Then go buy a mesh networking router or powerline adapter or something. If you get the mesh networking router, it should be line of sight between the current router, and the other side of the concrete wall. Be aware that only high end routers and newest routers offer any kind of mesh networking, I'm not familiar with your router model so you'll have to research it

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I don't think it's that. I just dragged the router into the hallway so it had direct line of sight of my PC and speeds didn't improve.

I'm back up to 280 this morning which leads me to believe they've just massively oversubscribed the line.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Is this the thread to ask about access control? My new place has a gate, and I would like to be able to do the thing where someone can push a button, get me on intercom over the internet if I'm not at home, and allow them to at least drop off packages at my front door, but I'm not paying loving $199 for the doorbell + $399 for a UDM pro + another $199 for the loving thing that everything wires into on top of being out $199 for having a cloud key gen 2 that gets obviated by the UDM pro.

Also, $199 for a doorbell that someone may take a baseball bat to for lulz.

edit: Yes, I realize what I'm asking for is "Ring doorbell", but 1) I live in Oakland, and 2) gently caress Amazon, and 3) ACAB.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 11, 2020

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

This is a stupid question but you have/want a locked gate with a remotely triggered door strike?

Edit: I see, I didn’t realize Ring had Ring Access as well.

Not much help but there aren’t many products that I’ve found that include remote access and video / 2 way comms, so you’re seemingly stuck with 2 products at least.

You’re pretty anti UI from your posts so I’m not sure I have a solution. Personally, I’m sticking with UI because I don’t want my video stored in the cloud (because of your reasons 2 and 3). I also want as few monthly fees as possible. If you’re really worried about vandalism I think any smart doorbell is risky. The UI G4 dome is vandal resistant if that helps, and maybe there’s a smart doorbell without video that could tell you to flip to the UI app and use the G4 dome to see who’s there?

sellouts fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 11, 2020

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is this the thread to ask about access control? My new place has a gate, and I would like to be able to do the thing where someone can push a button, get me on intercom over the internet if I'm not at home, and allow them to at least drop off packages at my front door, but I'm not paying loving $199 for the doorbell + $399 for a UDM pro + another $199 for the loving thing that everything wires into on top of being out $199 for having a cloud key gen 2 that gets obviated by the UDM pro.

Also, $199 for a doorbell that someone may take a baseball bat to for lulz.

edit: Yes, I realize what I'm asking for is "Ring doorbell", but 1) I live in Oakland, and 2) gently caress Amazon, and 3) ACAB.

Don't most delivery services have the ability to have special instructions to deal with things like gates, like give the code or password or whatever? I don't know if gates are smart enough to have one-time use codes or if you would need to rotate the code manually, but it seems like an easier way to accomplish what you're looking for. You could still have video monitoring so you could review it after the fact, now that I think about it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

if he's legitimately worried about someone taking a bat to something for no reason he's probably not going to want a shiny keypad on the gate

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sellouts posted:

This is a stupid question but you have/want a locked gate with a remotely triggered door strike?

Edit: I see, I didn’t realize Ring had Ring Access as well.

Not much help but there aren’t many products that I’ve found that include remote access and video / 2 way comms, so you’re seemingly stuck with 2 products at least.

You’re pretty anti UI from your posts so I’m not sure I have a solution. Personally, I’m sticking with UI because I don’t want my video stored in the cloud (because of your reasons 2 and 3). I also want as few monthly fees as possible. If you’re really worried about vandalism I think any smart doorbell is risky. The UI G4 dome is vandal resistant if that helps, and maybe there’s a smart doorbell without video that could tell you to flip to the UI app and use the G4 dome to see who’s there?

I am only very recently anti-UI. It was that stupid loving buttplug router not being usable even as a dumb switch unless you login, combined with Ubiquiti giving people a ONE MONTH WARNING that their old video products were about to be deprecated that set me against them.

I still maintain that if you can't bootstrap it from ground zero while disconnected from the internet, you don't actually own it.

I wouldn't even consider myself "anti-UI" just yet, but they're definitely on two strikes, and I'm not about to drop almost $1000 on hardware on two strikes.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 12, 2020

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I guess my point is I think you’re $1000 away from a viable solution no matter who you use, and I’m sure as hell not going to defend UI to ya, even if I use them myself. Everything you said makes sense.

So I think you may want to look at Danalock? That should get you ability to trigger door strike via app but it’s all pretty convoluted and I’m not sure about any of the control mechanisms being weatherproof. And then you have the communication aspect on top of it.

Hope someone else has a solution because I think it’s a really interesting problem

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

[edit: nevermind, forgot the original context of the conversation.]

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Is the latest Google Nest mesh + router liable to go on sale at all for Prime Day? I wasn't sure if they reduce the price at all or keep it steady.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

Is the latest Google Nest mesh + router liable to go on sale at all for Prime Day? I wasn't sure if they reduce the price at all or keep it steady.

If it's not made by Amazon I wouldn't expect anything worth buying to be "on sale" on "prime day". That is with a comically broad definition of "worth buying" too.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Friend of mine who has the Google mesh system setup has talked me into buying into the system. I just wasn't sure if it was worth waiting a few days for before buying.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Does amazon even sell google products? I thought they were in a spat.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

Friend of mine who has the Google mesh system setup has talked me into buying into the system. I just wasn't sure if it was worth waiting a few days for before buying.

There is no harm in waiting, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I spent the weekend digging a trench to run ethernet to my home office (no attic access, ask me how I discovered that)

Now I'm getting 950/35 mbit speeds for superior posting speed (posting quality remains unaffected)

I also had Cox run a tech out to diagnose my intermittent internet connectivity drops. He tried several things (including pulling a new line from the street) and told me my Motorola MB8600 was acting up, and tried an Arris modem off his truck. Worked great. He also told me that they were doing node splits in my area, and that my home is on the roadmap to eventually get a split with 10 or fewer addresses.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

There is no harm in waiting, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Welp. Turns out my SO is not OK with Google listening in 24/7, so there goes that option. It's back to the original recommendation of AX10 and some kind of wifi extender it is.

I'm pretty sure my phone and TV already listens 24/7 but I digress.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

i'm installing AT&T fiber and my area has rolled out their new gateway - it has the ONT built into it in order to prep them for 5gb service (which is stupid)

Cons: the bypass I was planning on using for AT&T is being depreciated. People are reporting that even with old hardware they're rolling out authentication.

Pros: the new gateway seems to be great, with no realistic limits on the NAT table. Also, they over provision it so with a 10gbE SFP+ into the UDM-Pro I can get 1.2-1.3 gbps up and down. Which is neat.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
My old N66U is giving up the ghost and I need a replacement.

The only feature I really want is some sort of built in VPN service like OpenVPN.

It would be even better if it had enough of a Linux environment to run something like Wireguard but I don't want that enough to jump into prosumer gear since I'm not in the US and selection is limited and price markups are high.

Any recommendations?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have an Archer C8 and it has been doing well for me - every time I think about replacing it I can't find a good reason to.

The C7 is a little older (and the C8 isn't exactly new) but the C8 has significantly more robust hardware. There is also a C9 out there which looks like pretty much a slightly upgraded C8.

On the 5ghz band I get 867mhz of bandwidth between my computer and the router, and it has been handling two people working from home, videoconferencing, streaming 2K video, and everything else just fine. I assume it would stream 4K video fine if it needed to. Range has been good but I also have a fairly small place so it is hard to gauge.

I've been pretty happy with the TP-Link products I've owned in general.

I'm trying to go off of your recommendation, but I also see that C9 doesn't have a Wifi 6, which sounds like something I would want. This has lead me to believe that the AX10 is what I'm looking for (correct me if I am wrong). Would I see any benefit from upgrading to the Ax20 instead? I don't have gigabyte internet speeds. I have a 200MB plan which is plenty since all I use it is for streaming and playing some games. But if the quad processor will mean better performance and better coverage, I'll gladly pony up the cash.

I am probably going to buy one of those modems pending recommendations from this thread, and a wifi extender to cover upstairs. Does this sound like a good plan? My friend had talked up his mesh network, but it looks like if I get Google Nest Wifi, it'll basically record what I say 24/7, which is super creepy, which has made me rule it out.

As someone who knows absolute poo poo all about how routers work or networking in general, I'm having a hell of a time not falling for all the marketing gimmicks, so I'm grateful for all your help. It doesn't help that they all have really confusing model names and different price points. Is the C8 the same as the AX10? Why are they like this.

Bioshuffle fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 13, 2020

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is wire guard too new to be commercially supported?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't used them yet but this commercial wireguard app looks real good https://tailscale.com/.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I need some APs. Seems silly but mainly unfortunate that I'm going to invest in them now with Wifi 6 approaching, but I need them.

Do I need the AC Pro over the Lite? Was going to get two for 2900sq ft. One upstairs attached to ceiling on one side of house, one in basement on window sill on opposite end. I have gigabit internet.

Also, I see switches are on sale for Prime Day. Thinking of getting a 16 port. Don't need PoE since the APs have injectors right? Don't think I'd get any future PoE devices like cameras since I'd just go wireless there.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gf texts while I'm at work this afternoon and says internet is down, first time since we set up with this ISP end of july. I get home and find the coax I somewhat dubiously ran was shot. The modem end of the cable just...fell apart? Luckily there was a run of cable underneath the house from the past ISP which I commandeered and everything is fine. Except after an hour or two, suddenly IP conflicts and nothing works. Router reset doesn't work. Had to reset the modem and all, then it worked. Until it happened again a couple hours later. Just resetting my old C7 worked this time, but how long til it happens again? I had decided to put a pause on my Ubiquiti plans but if this poo poo starts happening again I may have to go forward with it.

One thing I'm wondering about, the modem is here in my office. I have an 8 port basic switch that my printer, desktop, NAS & laptop dock connect to. Then I have a cable from the router out to the living room to another 8 porter where all the entertainment junk connects to. I've thought about just mounting a switch under the house, but then I'd have to run a bunch of cabling up through the floor and that doesn't make sense either does it? My current setup kinda makes sense, I just need a better router, or at least a modern/dedicated AP.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bioshuffle posted:

I'm trying to go off of your recommendation, but I also see that C9 doesn't have a Wifi 6, which sounds like something I would want. This has lead me to believe that the AX10 is what I'm looking for (correct me if I am wrong). Would I see any benefit from upgrading to the Ax20 instead? I don't have gigabyte internet speeds. I have a 200MB plan which is plenty since all I use it is for streaming and playing some games. But if the quad processor will mean better performance and better coverage, I'll gladly pony up the cash.

I am probably going to buy one of those modems pending recommendations from this thread, and a wifi extender to cover upstairs. Does this sound like a good plan? My friend had talked up his mesh network, but it looks like if I get Google Nest Wifi, it'll basically record what I say 24/7, which is super creepy, which has made me rule it out.

As someone who knows absolute poo poo all about how routers work or networking in general, I'm having a hell of a time not falling for all the marketing gimmicks, so I'm grateful for all your help. It doesn't help that they all have really confusing model names and different price points. Is the C8 the same as the AX10? Why are they like this.

Technology naming conventions are the worst. The C8 and AX10 should be different as the former is wireless AC and the latter presumably wireless AX.

I can tell you my thoughts on the other questions, but I can't pretend to be an expert. Wireless AX/Wifi 6 seems fine, but is engaging in a certain amount of future-proofing. Wireless AC/Wifi 5 is still dominant, and going to the newest standard is going to represent a higher upfront investment with lower returns over time. My Internet speed has a theoretically maximum of 150mbps, which I never hit, so wifi bandwidth on AC isn't a concern. On the rare occasions I transfer stuff inside my network I get 867mbps on the 5ghz band, and like 480mbps on the 2.4ghz band, and it's fine. Of all the wireless devices I have in my house, none are wireless AX - the newest are wireless AC, and I still have some N and G devices around. Range hasn't been a problem, and I have a wireless extender on-hand if I needed one.

My Archer C8 has been handling two people working from home (who are sometimes simultaneously in video meetings), a wireless printer, like 6 phones, a Roku, a Chromecast, and multiple computers at the same time. The only caveat I feel I should include is nobody is streaming 4k video, but other than that it is a relatively high workload. Maybe there has been a few hitches when two of us are videoconferencing at the same time, like some stutters, but that could honestly be the other side having crappy Internet service - if it has happened it hasn't been obvious.

If you need faster in-network transfer speeds, handle a lot of internal network traffic, or get Internet service faster than the available wireless speeds then AX makes sense. For my purposes AC more than meets my needs and I haven't seen the need to replace my Archer C8.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

One of the reasons I was considering the WiFi 6 was because I'm going to buy a PS5, and I believe it will be able to utilize WiFi 6.

Thanks for your help!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I have an Archer A7 (AC1750) and having some issues. It’s in a house with about 5 PC’s, three phones, a tablet, and a couple chromecasts/fire sticks. Nothing is connected to it through a wired connection. Modem is a Surfbord SB6183. No NAS.

The devices all seem connect to the router with no issues. However, quite often for PC’s, they will not have internet access (but they will have the wireless connection established) or the internet will hang until you disconnect and reconnect to the network. I don’t think it’s an internet issue as when this happens on one computer, others will be working fine. It seems worst when one device is using a lot of traffic like video conferencing. It’s worth noting that very rarely are all devices using lots of data at once, often they are just sitting there idle,but when that happens there are usually issues. Other issues are huge ping spikes in games.

I have updated to the latest firmware, changed wireless channels, and restarted the router, nothing seems to affect it.

Should this router be able to handle this stuff? If not, what should I upgrade to?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Has anyone ever used MoCA Adapters (basically, running ethernet through coaxial cable)? My apartment has coax wired but unused, and this seemed like a good way to get a wired connection throughout the apartment (wifi has been having issues) rather than needing to run ethernet cables, and the coax outlets in the apartment are currently unused. But I have just never heard of it before looking around today, and having difficulty finding any reviews of the stuff that isn't blatantly trying to sell me stuff for referral commissions.

(alternatively, if anyone has any ideas why my Eero network that worked flawlessly for two+ years suddenly is utter poo poo, I'm all ears on how to figure that out because I'm going loving nuts trying to fix it :v:)

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 14, 2020

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

i own every Bionicle posted:

I have an Archer A7 (AC1750) and having some issues. It’s in a house with about 5 PC’s, three phones, a tablet, and a couple chromecasts/fire sticks. Nothing is connected to it through a wired connection. Modem is a Surfbord SB6183. No NAS.

The devices all seem connect to the router with no issues. However, quite often for PC’s, they will not have internet access (but they will have the wireless connection established) or the internet will hang until you disconnect and reconnect to the network. I don’t think it’s an internet issue as when this happens on one computer, others will be working fine. It seems worst when one device is using a lot of traffic like video conferencing. It’s worth noting that very rarely are all devices using lots of data at once, often they are just sitting there idle,but when that happens there are usually issues. Other issues are huge ping spikes in games.

I have updated to the latest firmware, changed wireless channels, and restarted the router, nothing seems to affect it.

Should this router be able to handle this stuff? If not, what should I upgrade to?

First thing I would do is to try wiring one of the failing devices during an outage. If it works its a wireless issue, which could still be the router getting overloaded. Wifi load is a combination of throughput and associations (aka devices on the wifi). Sounds like you are at 10 devices. Are your tv's themselves on the wifi? Reduce one or the other to increase throughput. Buy a 100ft ethernet cable and string it along the floor. Unplug your chromecasts (etc) and see if it helps.

Is anyone torrenting? If so stop. A zillion tiny frames is a potential for overload.

Can you move your router somewhere so that you can hardwire some devices? I'm surprised with that many devices none of them are hardwired.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Has anyone ever used MoCA Adapters (basically, running ethernet through coaxial cable)? My apartment has coax wired but unused, and this seemed like a good way to get a wired connection throughout the apartment (wifi has been having issues) rather than needing to run ethernet cables, and the coax outlets in the apartment are currently unused. But I have just never heard of it before looking around today, and having difficulty finding any reviews of the stuff that isn't blatantly trying to sell me stuff for referral commissions.

(alternatively, if anyone has any ideas why my Eero network that worked flawlessly for two+ years suddenly is utter poo poo, I'm all ears on how to figure that out because I'm going loving nuts trying to fix it :v:)

I use the Actiontec ones as wired backhaul in my house right now — rock solid, and even support VLANs.

Used to get 800 Mbps or so with just 2, but I added a 3rd to support my girlfriend’s office and it’s dropped to 200. Maybe quality of coax, maybe something else but at least it works and is stable.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

H110Hawk posted:

First thing I would do is to try wiring one of the failing devices during an outage. If it works its a wireless issue, which could still be the router getting overloaded. Wifi load is a combination of throughput and associations (aka devices on the wifi). Sounds like you are at 10 devices. Are your tv's themselves on the wifi? Reduce one or the other to increase throughput. Buy a 100ft ethernet cable and string it along the floor. Unplug your chromecasts (etc) and see if it helps.

Is anyone torrenting? If so stop. A zillion tiny frames is a potential for overload.

Can you move your router somewhere so that you can hardwire some devices? I'm surprised with that many devices none of them are hardwired.

The TV’s are not on the network. Nobody is torrenting. And most of the time only one or two PC’s are being used. I did just order a 100 foot Ethernet cord to see if hardwiring will solve the issue.

I mean this is a cheaper router so I’m prepared to upgrade if necessary. Also, I previously had an Xfinity router/modem combo that worked fine but I didn’t want to pay the 14 bucks/month or whatever they were charging me.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

evilweasel posted:

Make sure you identify where the cable is coming in to your unit from. You'll want to install a MoCA filter there which should improve the signal and also it would not let your network leak anywhere else the coax connects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I'm moving into a new house at the beginning of next month and ideally I'd have a fiber connection. The only place that offers fiber in my area is CenturyLink but they only offer up to 30mbps at my address. Strange I think, so I plug in some addresses of my neighbors. They all have 940mbps. I hop on their online chat and try to figure out why, but it's useless. I can get internet through xfinity cable if need be, but what I'm trying to figure out is why do all of the neighboring houses in the entire area have access to high speed fiber except mine?