Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Welcome Gamesers to the Games Ring of Honor! In the GRoH you can bring your posting disputes onto the field of battle, challenging your fellow posters to defend their bad opinions in earnest. Straight head-to-head games, races, speedrun time trials, whatever challenge you can dream up you can issue!

Some rules:

:siren:1) THIS IS FOR FUN! :siren: This is a way to get people to play more games together and tie posting about games to actually playing them. This is not a replacement for issues a mod/admin would usually handle, please report those as normal.

2) Place whatever bets you want on the outcome, but our plan is to keep it on the honor system. Mods probably won't enforce this, but may if it's really funny and we remember. Wager serious outcomes at your own peril!

3) While not a requirement I would like to encourge people to stream these throwdowns - ideally these will be a sort of community event.

4) Win and lose graciously. Also be understanding if someone declines, you never know what is going on in their life outside the forum.

Feedback/ideas are encouraged!

If a challenge is issued but you cannot come to an agreement on a game, both sides can post a few and myself or another mod/IK can randomly roll to determine what you play. In the interest of getting things rolling I am making the first official GroH challenge to ShallNoiseUpon!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You should play a Yakuza game
Pick a game! If you win I’ll download and start Yakuza 0 immediately. If I win, I’m just going to gloat like a real shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Reserved

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will accept any challenge in the form of an Ocarina of Time Randomizer race

if you defeat me I will use my mod buttons to do something cool for you

if I defeat you I will post a childish pun on your name

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Starcraft 2 best of 5 lets go

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

going to install this and attack move on your base like you've never seen

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

going to install this and attack move on your base like you've never seen

All I remember from being Platinum rank in 2011 is that you bind your queens on 4.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Also spam clicking to get my APM over 300 so it looks impressive.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If this isn’t streamed I’ll be real mad and yell

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Do we have any shoutcasters in the SC thread? Is there a Starcraft thread?

May 8, 2006

as long as SNU doesn't mind I'm open to streaming my rear end-kicking, and if someone wants to shoutcast it i'm not gonna say no

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I challenge anyone to a full game of Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet Sixteen - Licensed to Drive. First person to want to quit loses. If you make it to the end, you win, even if you lose in the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

I challenge anyone to a full game of Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet Sixteen - Licensed to Drive. First person to want to quit loses. If you make it to the end, you win, even if you lose in the game.

how many laps

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'll race someone who isn't heehee in sm64 70 star

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

can we take breaks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

as long as SNU doesn't mind I'm open to streaming my rear end-kicking, and if someone wants to shoutcast it i'm not gonna say no

Yes absolutley I am down for this being streamed when do you want to do this thing? I am not going to practice or look a single thing up and I haven't played the game in probably 8 years.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

You put up the FF4 Free Enterprise seed and I'll tear through it.

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yes absolutley I am down for this being streamed when do you want to do this thing? I am not going to practice or look a single thing up and I haven't played the game in probably 8 years.

if you are free tomorrow I'm open to any time, I have class tonight. it gives us a bit more time to rustle up someone(s) to cast it if they want to

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

if you are free tomorrow I'm open to any time, I have class tonight. it gives us a bit more time to rustle up someone(s) to cast it if they want to

I was honestly figuring for this weekend, I have to watch wrestling tomorrow, with the good people of FIGHT ISLAND

May 8, 2006

Sounds good to me, it'll give me a few days to poo poo talk

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

how many laps

this is an unknown quantity

Looper posted:

can we take breaks

no. it's an endurance battle

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

I will accept any challenge in the form of an Ocarina of Time Randomizer race

if you defeat me I will use my mod buttons to do something cool for you

if I defeat you I will post a childish pun on your name

I'm in if we can find a time that works between timezones. I'm on Central European Time.

I loved the old Let's Race thread in Let's Play, this is a great idea!

Edit: Oh poo poo, does "I accept any challenge" mean I get to make the rules? Let's just do our old goon rules then. I can play late my time monday-thursday next week or this weekend

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 14, 2020

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Man with Hat posted:

I'm in if we can find a time that works between timezones. I'm on Central European Time.

I loved the old Let's Race thread in Let's Play, this is a great idea!

Edit: Oh poo poo, does "I accept any challenge" mean I get to make the rules? Let's just do our old goon rules then. I can play late my time monday-thursday next week or this weekend

Feel free to come up with just about any settings string you want. I feel confident in my ability to complete any seed that uses glitchless logic and doesn't have any of the real difficult tricks enabled. Your evenings are my mornings, so how about this Saturday? Say, 7:30 PM your time, with a settings string likely to produce a sub-4 hour seed.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

SeXReX posted:

I'll race someone who isn't heehee in sm64 70 star

I'll ra- oh.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I will race someone in Glover for the Nintendo 64

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I will 1v1 anyone in any of the Unreal Tournament games prior to UT3 just to get to play UT again. I'm an old man now and my reflexes are bad, come get me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

aniviron posted:

I will 1v1 anyone in any of the Unreal Tournament games prior to UT3 just to get to play UT again. I'm an old man now and my reflexes are bad, come get me.

I would like to watch this.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

aniviron posted:

Ill take you on in 2k3 or 2k4, whichever one I own a copy of (at least, I think I own a copy of one of them). As a mac-haver at the time I never got to play them much but they kick rear end. No promises I won't lose horribly though.

Also, I guess we need to have a forums grudge to do this?

Also also the only thing I've ever tried to stream was an honor match of Destiny any my internet wasnt up to it so if anyone has any tips on minimum internet speeds needed to stream I'm all ears.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Some Goon posted:

Ill take you on in 2k3 or 2k4, whichever one I own a copy of (at least, I think I own a copy of one of them). As a mac-haver at the time I never got to play them much but they kick rear end. No promises I won't lose horribly though.

Also, I guess we need to have a forums grudge to do this?

Also also the only thing I've ever tried to stream was an honor match of Destiny any my internet wasnt up to it so if anyone has any tips on minimum internet speeds needed to stream I'm all ears.

2k4 is pretty much 2k3 but with More Stuff. I definitely have a CD copy and a steam copy of 2k4 but might have to try and dig up 2k3 as well.

If you need me to say some mean words or something so we can kick off a grudge I can probably also manage that. I have a setup that can stream, too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have many games and will gladly play against people for forums fun and honour!

(I do not have any forum grudges against anyone though.)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

aniviron posted:

2k4 is pretty much 2k3 but with More Stuff. I definitely have a CD copy and a steam copy of 2k4 but might have to try and dig up 2k3 as well.

If you need me to say some mean words or something so we can kick off a grudge I can probably also manage that. I have a setup that can stream, too.

The free remake they half did but abandoned is really good, if lacking a little in content.

Edit: '99 is still the best though

KillHour fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 14, 2020

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

Feel free to come up with just about any settings string you want. I feel confident in my ability to complete any seed that uses glitchless logic and doesn't have any of the real difficult tricks enabled. Your evenings are my mornings, so how about this Saturday? Say, 7:30 PM your time, with a settings string likely to produce a sub-4 hour seed.

Sounds good time wise!

code:
AJEPGBANSZQAAJAAFTCAAD2D4DJELESEWFAACSAE2AANKGJBAA6EBFAA
Those are pretty much standard settings we used to play with some logic changes, shopsanity and horseback archery 2 in (I know how much you hate this one and if this is supposed to be a grudge match here's your grudge) and most noticeably Ocarina of Time is an excluded location so we know it won't be an all dungeons seed, for the sake of making this quick. You can hit me up on Discord so we can sync the start and stuff outside of the thread. mickrov#9911

aniviron posted:

I'll play UT99 if you want to play more people! I'm bad at it and as mentioned above live in CET so timezones might make it difficult but I do love UT

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 15, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I will kick your butt at board games
(via Tabletop Simulator)

Unless you are in Australia, then I will kick your butt IN PERSON
(at board games)

Hit me up if you want a little bit of down under thunder
(Time zones TBA)

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I just want more people to play Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 with. :smith:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Man with Hat posted:

horseback archery 2 in (I know how much you hate this one and if this is supposed to be a grudge match here's your grudge)

nah HBA is fine, you have me confused with someone else

my grudge is sun's song logically required for night skulls

e: you also accidentally removed the item Zelda throws (i.e., the ocarina itself) from the pool, not the song you learn from picking it up (listed as "Song from Ocarina of Time")

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 14, 2020

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

nah HBA is fine, you have me confused with someone else

my grudge is sun's song logically required for night skulls

e: you also accidentally removed the item Zelda throws (i.e., the ocarina itself) from the pool, not the song you learn from picking it up (listed as "Song from Ocarina of Time")

Oh, drat, good looking out. That would have been a bummer to find out three hours in.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gundam Maxiboost (PS4) has a 1v1 mode now even though half the characters in the game are designed to hide behind a bigger unit and can't actually engage in 1v1s

Accepting all challengers anyway

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

this is an unknown quantity

no. it's an endurance battle

okay time zones might make this tricky but i can't resist a good mario party game...

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Looper posted:

okay time zones might make this tricky but i can't resist a good mario party game...

This is where I admit I have absolutely no idea how to make this work as an online game, and it probably is not possible. I'm sorry, I have brought dishonour to this thread.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Man with Hat posted:

I'll play UT99 if you want to play more people! I'm bad at it and as mentioned above live in CET so timezones might make it difficult but I do love UT

UT99 is one of those games that's always installed- I'm GMT -6, but we can work something out I'm sure.

KillHour posted:

The free remake they half did but abandoned is really good, if lacking a little in content.

I helped work on that, very sad it's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Face me, coward.