Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man this seems like a great time to take down the front page articles where Lowtax publicly smears his exes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I Love You! posted:

Man this seems like a great time to take down the front page articles where Lowtax publicly smears his exes

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I Love You! posted:

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

I Love You! posted:

Or add a huge red qualifier at the top indicating that, in light of info received since then, it's all unsubtle character-smearing bullshit and Something Awful doesn't recognize or endorse any of it as valid.

Or delete it. gently caress Lowtax.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i'm pretty sure a lot of modern forums software has built in "frontpage summary" functionality, so whatever we get will probably be baked into that.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

we know he's a criminal mastermind

this dude is absolutely going to end up on the right wing speaking circuit lmao

CPAC keynote when?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Or add a huge red qualifier at the top indicating that, in light of info received since then, it's all unsubtle character-smearing bullshit and Something Awful doesn't recognize or endorse any of it as valid.

Just put up a modified Warner Brothers disclaimer, you know the one that online nerds jizz themselves over for "doing it right."

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Code Jockey posted:

CPAC keynote when?

Men toeing their own way

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

His words are like parody at this point

He’s finally funny

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lowtax is a Foot Guy? :hmbol:

not that there's anything wrong with that!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
wordfilter lowtax to DARVO

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Brain Curry posted:

Men toeing their own way

lmao

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Code Jockey posted:

CPAC keynote when?

I said this before when this first started going down and I swear I'm not being glib or sarcastic or anything, but I'm genuinely worried that he's going to hurt himself. It's very in keeping with his victim complex. "See what you made me do?"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Were you genuinely worried when he was actually hurting others?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

mind the walrus posted:

Just put up a modified Warner Brothers disclaimer, you know the one that online nerds jizz themselves over for "doing it right."

Warner Bros covering its rear end for animated comedy that's aged like milk but which they aren't above monetizing is more honorable than our sweaty-toed former internet landlord's attempts to show He Was Right in abusing women and throwing them away like garbage. I see the cheek and I approve, but Lowtax suuuuuuuucks.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

best thread of 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Baron von Eevl posted:

I said this before when this first started going down and I swear I'm not being glib or sarcastic or anything, but I'm genuinely worried that he's going to hurt himself. It's very in keeping with his victim complex. "See what you made me do?"

i think we'll see more "vengeful goons doxxing my parents" style pity pleas and oh woe is me brokeneck posts before he gets that bad, but it's possible.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i think we'll see more "vengeful goons doxxing my parents" style pity pleas and oh woe is me brokeneck posts before he gets that bad, but it's possible.

not on the forums i hope, on his facebook who gives a gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pixaal posted:

I understand the second sentence but that first one. Did I miss lowtax coming out as a furry? Early SA he seemed pretty hell bent on harassing them.

I just mean that the whole endeavor of seeking out people you disapprove of in order to tell your buddies how bad they are is incredibly judgmental. I never picked up on the logic he used there being that it was right to hate them because they were sanctimonious, unlike the cool club for cool people who can laugh at themselves, which makes no sense at all.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
im lowtax and literally every woman ive every met has abused me. its their fault. I tripped onto them with my closed fists and now everyone says im an abuser. its hosed is what it is

glad he's gone

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I just mean that the whole endeavor of seeking out people you disapprove of in order to tell your buddies how bad they are is incredibly judgmental. I never picked up on the logic he used there being that it was right to hate them because they were sanctimonious, unlike the cool club for cool people who can laugh at themselves, which makes no sense at all.

there's a considerable vein of Goon Thought which hinges largely on the idea that we don't have to be good, we just have to laugh at the people who are bad. the people who centered that philosophy have since peeled off to the doxxing offsites, but it's still baked into a lot of our cultural DNA.

if not SA specifically, then the west at large.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Warner Bros covering its rear end for animated comedy that's aged like milk but which they aren't above monetizing is more honorable than our sweaty-toed former internet landlord's attempts to show He Was Right in abusing women and throwing them away like garbage. I see the cheek and I approve, but Lowtax suuuuuuuucks.

Oh I wasn't being facetious I think that's what we should do, I just get annoyed at all the keyboard warriors who pat themselves on the back about this warning like they were the ones who came up with it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

He's too lazy and arrogant to be a real suicide risk, I think. It's not my area of expertise, but he seems pretty firmly rooted in the tactic of blaming others for his problems so that he can continue to ignore his problems. He wants praise and positive attention, so he'll play the victim in order to get that rather than to make anyone think he's weak. When he "blames himself" for anything it's really just another way to complimenting himself: "I'm just so darn trusting that people take advantage of me!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zeta Acosta posted:

not on the forums i hope, on his facebook who gives a gently caress

With how cellphones get IPs it's virtually impossible to stop someone from driving to a different coverage area register a new account and post. I will laugh the hardest I ever have if lowtax spends kyoon levels of money on the forums.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

lowtax is a Foot Guy? :hmbol:

not that there's anything wrong with that!:hmbol::hmbol::hmbol:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nothing wrong with being a foot guy, but there's a lot wrong with being a Lowtax.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Rarity posted:

Oh god that's what that's about? :gonk:

Hasturtium posted:

Keeping these "wait 'till you hear all I have to say about my ex!!" articles up only perpetuates his abuse. They'd have to be the first to go.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Bronze Fonz posted:

Keeping these "wait 'till you hear all I have to say about my ex!!" articles up only perpetuates his abuse. They'd have to be the first to go.

I hadn't articulated that, but you're totally correct. I agree. Scrub the legacy of his abuse from this place.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bronze Fonz posted:

They should remain up, unedited, until the pending legal issues are settled.

Then delete the poo poo out of them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

13Pandora13 posted:

They should remain up, unedited, until the pending legal issues are settled.

Then delete the poo poo out of them.

Internet archieve sites should have that covered and are likely going to be a better source since technically they can now be changed to say whatever Jeff wants. But IANAL, I'll let Jeff / Legal handle it, do we have a new legal persona now that Lenard is probably dead?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

typically if something is preserved with a disclaimer it's usually because someone could maybe argue that it serves some purpose in terms of culture or history to whatever degree. nothing that comes out of lowtax qualifies for this, especially the skidmarks he calls articles.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Imo p sure the ops should have the most weight in saying what to do with toetax's "content"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Were you genuinely worried when he was actually hurting others?

Well I didn't know about it when it was happening but yeah I would have been. What the gently caress kind of point is that?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm realizing that even though he's gone i still have a fear of criticizing him

wild stuff man!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The man who started the website with the slogan The Internet Makes You Stupid ends up stupid. It's Shakespearean.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

we know he's a criminal mastermind

That's why you came to us. Isn't it, Wives of Lowtax? Because you knew we could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want—a transfer of ownership of the website and forums between Richard and Jeffrey. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Something Awful Forums. And all it cost was the authority of one lovely mod, one worthless administrator, and the self-respect of one absentee landlord. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Poise
Jul 28, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

That's why you came to us. Isn't it, Wives of Lowtax? Because you knew we could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want—a transfer of ownership of the website and forums between Richard and Jeffrey. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Something Awful Forums. And all it cost was the authority of one lovely mod, one worthless administrator, and the self-respect of one absentee landlord. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Good post.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mozi posted:

i'm realizing that even though he's gone i still have a fear of criticizing him

wild stuff man!

"gently caress you Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka your articles are garbage and you look like the underside of poorly groomed livestock."

Try it!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Something with some... expensive cookies, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well I didn't know about it when it was happening but yeah I would have been. What the gently caress kind of point is that?

I know he’s left a trail of abused women in his wake, but won’t somebody think of his feelings?