Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’ll withhold my vote for now as I don’t want to give scum another possible easy bum rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I disagree with Sqiggly's sus on amoeba for the reason of amoeba "not wanting to tie a vote down" in jest or otherwise, and find it odd that Squiggly didn't put down a serious vote on amoeba (assuming Sqiggly is serious about the sus as alluded to by the statement about killing joke phase). I think ##vote Squiggly is valid as much as a light case could argue on such a slow D1.

what is this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Not digging the Ceyton dogpile. That definitely reads like a newbie town meltdown to me.

sandnavyguy posted:

Hmmmmm.

Alright, first off the Pmush vote was bad, and I am famous for zeroing in on “performative” antics, but that was so blatant I think it was an honest mistake. So I’d be more inclined to lean into second to last and third to last as scum gleefully rushing a turbo. That would be DB or Ceyton.

DB came out of the gate swinging, but I gotta go with the sand alliance and support the vote I think makes sense.

Don’t worry Ceyton, if it’s not you I’ll hammer down hard on DB.

Buuuut.....

I think it’s you.

##vote Ceyton
There's no single big sentence I can point to here and say "that! That's scummy", but there's something about talking around the point so much only to land on "I'm voting this because SW is voting this" that I really don't like.

##vote SNG

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it doesnt read like you thought he was scum at all dick b

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’ll withhold my vote for now as I don’t want to give scum another possible easy bum rush.

Really going out of your way not to say the name ‘Ceyton’ here

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd also vote DB. SNG's pinging me, and that weird post would make perfect sense as an attempt at justifying not voting a scum buddy,

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Not digging the Ceyton dogpile. That definitely reads like a newbie town meltdown to me.

Ceyton posted:

Hey, I'm just a rookie who had no idea people would react so badly to a glib post. But if you really think I'm the best option for introducing to the airlock, go ahead, because I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

This? After 1 vote from me this looks like a newbie town meltdown?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Really going out of your way not to say the name ‘Ceyton’ here

i thought it was obvious thats who he was implying tbh i think you're reading that as suspicious for no reason

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

not rly interested in ceyton vote

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

I was always going to look hard at the last 3 votes of an obvious scum rush, and often the last vote if scum is an *oops* with light bussing later, which PMushs seemed over the top enough to be natural, so it’s a 50/50 for the other two.

Why is this an obvious scum rush and not the town doing a dumb thing?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ameoba, do you really think Squiggly is suspicious or are we all just having some joke phaize hijinks and fun?

Amoeba102 posted:

Why are you stepping in for Squiggly?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not "stepping in" or defending Squiggly at all. I am just curious about whether you actually find Squiggly suspicious, or if you are just posting stuff because it's D1 and what the hell else does one do in a game of mafia on D1.

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm not saying you're defending him, I'm saying this is between me and them.

this interaction felt weird.

amoeba and squiggly do go on to have a back n forth

Amoeba102 posted:

Squiggly, you still think this is a joke?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Amoeba102 posted:

Squiggly, you still think this is a joke?

thunderdome squggly lol

i dont like it

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

zzyzx posted:

Why is this an obvious scum rush and not the town doing a dumb thing?

I’m not exactly old hat at this, but I’ve yet to see a D1 rush like this that *wasnt* a scum rush.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

There's no single big sentence I can point to here and say "that! That's scummy", but there's something about talking around the point so much only to land on "I'm voting this because SW is voting this" that I really don't like.

##vote SNG

You know why you can’t point to one? Because it’s not there. And uh, that is specifically not what I said?

sandnavyguy posted:

Sometimes it just speaks to me.

But guarded sand alliance humor aside,

I was always going to look hard at the last 3 votes of an obvious scum rush, and often the last vote if scum is an *oops* with light bussing later, which PMushs seemed over the top enough to be natural, so it’s a 50/50 for the other two. Tbh I’m suspicious of both, but second to last is a death knell, setting up an unsuspecting or unobservant townie to mislunch hammer.

So, lacking other evidence, Ceyton is a solid pick.

Building mine. I don’t care who said what when, 2nd to last on a scum rush is a solid pick.

Now are you being willfully oblivious, or are you town frustrated at the rush? I dunno. Have you as null atm.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not exactly old hat at this, but I’ve yet to see a D1 rush like this that *wasnt* a scum rush.

So a bunch of scum are hanging out on Discord, who do not know that Squiggly has a power role, and who have a ~day left until deadline. Why do they choose to bum rush and lynch him immediately?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

zzyzx posted:

So a bunch of scum are hanging out on Discord, who do not know that Squiggly has a power role, and who have a ~day left until deadline. Why do they choose to bum rush and lynch him immediately?

Because the totality of the joke vote and one or two serious ones set up an opportunity. It’s a risk, sure, but one that absolutely would be of interest to scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

*joke votes

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dick Bastardly posted:

“Amoeba102” posted posted:

Retro didn't close the thread, so I guess night posting is fine.

Squiggs may have been reaching but most votes on them were reaching even harder. The ones that weren't were the joke votes.
Squiggs was being bad, but not bad enough to warrant those votes. They just stuck their head up in a lazy game - so I'm going to go with the people who voted Squiggs but also weren't really posting.
maybe it had something to do with this. might've hit too close to home for scum?

Ceyton, SNG, and Obama are on the lower end of the post count for squigg voters. gonna re-read.
I honestly feel like this might be some game playing here, kill someone who was “on the case”, immediately try to draw suspicion to those that were called out by the now dead crewmate

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m gonna say...
Ceyton, and a possible zzyxz and DB as my scum reads based on these interactions.

I’m smelling some zz bussing going on with the DB vote followed by immediate distancing and arguing against the the argument they made for DB, as well as drawing attention from Ceyton.

Admittedly DB may just be a town caught in the crossfire but I’d be good with a zz vote today as well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m gonna say...
Ceyton, and a possible zzyxz and DB as my scum reads based on these interactions.

I’m smelling some zz bussing going on with the DB vote followed by immediate distancing and arguing against the the argument they made for DB, as well as drawing attention from Ceyton.

Admittedly DB may just be a town caught in the crossfire but I’d be good with a zz vote today as well.

Am I having a stroke

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

This? After 1 vote from me this looks like a newbie town meltdown?
Yes. Newbie scum would have scum buddies assuring him it's not that bad.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

Am I having a stroke

No you’re just seeing some good scum reads.

Though with how hard you’re tackling the entirely reasonable votes in the rush I’m starting to think that you may have been more performative than I thought.

But as an experienced player I don’t think you’re pulling a gambit so I still have you as null.

Watch this post be quoted at me in deadchat...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes. Newbie scum would have scum buddies assuring him it's not that bad.

What the gently caress kind of scumteam have you been on where someone else on the team rushes into discord to alleviate the newbie scum’s concern that the one vote isn’t that bad?

This is an impressive level of hoop-jumping to make Ceyton not scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

as a non sequitar it is kind of funny how sandwolf and sandnavyguy seem to get paired in people's perspectives in every game they play together

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hot take: Dogpiling on the newbie because they're an easy target is a lovely tactic as town or scum, and it happening to me very nearly killed my interest in Mafia when I first got started.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Hot take: Dogpiling on the newbie because they're an easy target is a lovely tactic as town or scum, and it happening to me very nearly killed my interest in Mafia when I first got started.

yeah the gatekeeping is a problem

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Ceyton vote doesn’t sit right with me, I’m leaning heavily towards DB or Biaga as scum. Biaga has barely posted and only jumped in once suspicion started falling on squiggly.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Biaga posted:

Also, Jester isn't suppose to die Day 1. Possible he is just terrible?

Regardless, I think the annoyance he has caused justifies the vote. The idea of him keeping this up for multiple days is cause enough to end it early.

Just really bad reasoning behind his vote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is biaga someone's alt?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

is biaga someone's alt?

No but he’s only played a couple games before this

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

well it definitely wasnt squiggly

I laughed out loud when I read that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

##unvote I think this is bad reasoning not to pursue someone acting scummy on D2 but I can also accept I might be wrong about this

SNG and I are of one mind which is how we both know when the other is scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

SNG and I are of one mind which is how we both know when the other is scum.

get a dune, you two!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

get a dune, you two!!

WE HAVE SEVERAL BETWEEN THE TWO OF US

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sand solidarity? More like sand singularity. Join the hive.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah I honestly think Squiggly is scum already lol

##vote Squiggly

First post after my vote

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Going purely by gut something about biaga is really bothering me, my suspicion were heavily towards amoeba after squiggly flipped though as it seemed like he knew something we didn’t, obvious he was just acting weird for “reasons” though I guess.

I do agree that the last minute bum rush towards the hammer is mega sus though, and I also agree that scum wouldn’t likely intentionally pull the trigger like pmush did. Sorry I don’t have much more to add beyond what has basically been already stated.

Now.

I think the justification for my vote was pretty clear and for a townie role, as critical as squiggly had, he made every effort to annoy and wave every scummy flag possible. Honestly, I thought it was the best option at the time of the vote. Clearly you believed that as well. Do I regret it, yes - he was a dick but he was a huge townie benefit and we are behind because of it. But, don't all of a sudden blame me as being really suspect when you immediately latched on to my vote. I could accuse you of being sus by opportunity voting jumping on an obvious easy kill early, just before the final hammer (I believe I was vote 4, you were 5, and the 2 proceeding made 6 and 7 - but don't quote me on that).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush how would you feel about voting Akbar?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

No but he’s only played a couple games before this

Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it. It has been a busy work day and I wasn't able to login until now.

This is my second game.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Just really bad reasoning behind his vote

I am getting a focused vibe Obama. Let's hear some more reasoning.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Biaga posted:

Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it. It has been a busy work day and I wasn't able to login until now.

This is my second game.

p sure he won his first in lylo so y’know we could rush Biaga or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

PMush how would you feel about voting Akbar?
Philosophically? A bit better. In the context of this specific game? Maybe? I'll need to give them a reread.