Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I read the article and like there's $500bn on the table so like if you take them at their word and assume that it will actually benefit black america it's hard to say "no i will not work with you" but at the same time who the gently caress takes Trump at his word

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like it sounds like a weird complex situation but still: ugh

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
ice cube will go from being classically portrayed as pro-cop-killin' -> playing a cop in film -> actual head of the DHS, mark my words

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shame that the man who invented the term Amerikkka got too pilled.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wealth is a hell of a drug

also I have watched the first two episodes of raised by wolves and it seems pretty stupid? looks nice but the writing is baaad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

I read the article and like there's $500bn on the table so like if you take them at their word and assume that it will actually benefit black america it's hard to say "no i will not work with you" but at the same time who the gently caress takes Trump at his word

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

psiox posted:

ice cube will go from being classically portrayed as pro-cop-killin' -> playing a cop in film -> actual head of the DHS, mark my words

wrong ice. this is the one who was ranting about the jews over the summer.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

its a terminal case of lib brain. im sorry

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wrong ice. this is the one who was ranting about the jews over the summer.

poo poo, i missed that

goddamnit and 'anaconda' and 'friday' are some good films, too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jesus WEP posted:

ive never watched a dextwer

i watched every episode thirty minutes after it aired and it was the absolute most dogshit show on the planet but everybody screams BUT THE SEASON WITH JOHN LITHGOW who was the antagonist in season 4 of an 8 season show. That loving pile of garbage ended on one of the most audience hateful notes i've ever seen. They laughed at everybody that closely followed the show.

some people in another chat were yelling at me because I refuse to watch series finales any more - I haven't seen the finale of tng, voyager or ds9 - and for my justification, I point to dexter primarily, and lost as a backup. gently caress a TV show.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ugggggh lost

had to warn hoverwife off of that one earlier this year

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dexter has probably the worst series finale of all time. tng has one of the best.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the pilot of lost is one of the best pieces of tv ever, too bad about the rest of the show

I recently watched dexter and I couldn’t get over how bad the cops are at their jobs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i still say the first two seasons of Twin Peaks was the best thing to ever be on TV

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
good finales:
- hannibal
- nathan for you
- justified
- chernobyl
- bojack
- fargo*
- mr robot
- h jon benjamin has a van
- over the garden wall
- tuca & bertie
- primal
- broad city
- too old to die young

ok finales:
- psych
- happy endings
- pushing daisies
- burn notice
- awake

bad finales:
- lost
- bsg
- dexter
- nip truck and every other ryan murphy show
- stargates
- all treks
- mythbsters
- got
- fringe
- breaking bad
- westworld
- nikita
- altered carbon
- stranger things
- every other p r e s t i g e tv
- a zillion half-finished shows

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 15, 2020

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

the pilot of lost is one of the best pieces of tv ever, too bad about the rest of the show

wasnt lost one of the first shows that demanded money from their network to produce the pilot? i seem to recall the pilot was way expensive and they were like "gently caress you, trust us" and the network agreed and at least through seasons 3 or 4 it was just this loving juggernaut hit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Xaris posted:

good finales:
- hannibal
- nathan for you
- justified
- chernobyl
- bojack
- fargo*
- mr robot
- h jon benjamin has a van
- over the garden wall
- tuca & bertie
- primal

ok finales:
- psych
- happy endings
- pushing daisies

bad finales:
- lost
- bsg
- dexter
- nip truck and every other ryan murphy show
- stargates
- all treks
- mythbsters
- got
- fringe
- breaking bad
- westworld
- nikita
- every other p r e s t i g e tv
- a zillion half-finished shows

the ending of breaking bad was good, and primal has a new season coming up. get your facts straight if you want to post with the big dogs.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the all-time best ending to any show ever was Newhart and if you disagree, you are cordially invited to kiss my lily-white rear end

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I’m a fan of Vengeance, Inc

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

qirex posted:

also I have watched the first two episodes of raised by wolves and it seems pretty stupid? looks nice but the writing is baaad

those are the good episodes. maybe quit while you're ahead.

it does look good and there are some neat ideas but nothing can hide the Star Trek Enterprise-level writing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

I recently watched dexter and I couldn’t get over how bad the cops are at their jobs

florida

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

the all-time best ending to any show ever was Newhart and if you disagree, you are cordially invited to kiss my lily-white rear end

holy poo poo lmao:

quote:

The final scene with Newhart and Pleshette was later parodied in an alternate ending to the television series Breaking Bad where actor Bryan Cranston wakes from a dream next to his Malcolm in the Middle co-star Jane Kaczmarek where they assume their respective roles of Hal and Lois. Hal recounts the events of Breaking Bad in humorous fashion as though he is horrified that he could do those things albeit as Walter White. Lois reassures him that everything is all right and the final shot is of Walter's hat.[16]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
breaking bad had an overwrought but still Good ending.

lol i forgot about nip/tuck. i watched that whole loving show. remember the episode where dude just flops his dick out on the table YOU WANT THIS GUY TO DO SURGERY ON YOUR TITS? SURE YA DO

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

Lost had 3 seasons of plot and then the network asked for 2 more and it fell apart. The pilot is legit great cause JJ directed it and hes a fantastic visual storyteller. he cant write for poo poo tho

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

wasnt lost one of the first shows that demanded money from their network to produce the pilot? i seem to recall the pilot was way expensive and they were like "gently caress you, trust us" and the network agreed and at least through seasons 3 or 4 it was just this loving juggernaut hit

p sure they started losing viewership when it became apparent that the writers hadn't bothered to plan anything out at all and had been just ad-libbing everything the entire time

and then they went back on their promise not to use time travel (lol they had had to promise not to make time travel a plot device)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also is mr robot Finished finshed? i've never seen a second of it, i was waiting for it to end before i dove in

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

breaking bad had an overwrought but still Good ending.

lol i forgot about nip/tuck. i watched that whole loving show. remember the episode where dude just flops his dick out on the table YOU WANT THIS GUY TO DO SURGERY ON YOUR TITS? SURE YA DO
tbf i was mostly trolling there, it was decent and about as much as they could wrap it up (other than walt ending up in prison forever which would be stupidly unsatisfying)

yeah n/t was awful, but also just an absolutely batshit insane show progressively somehow getting evne more insane from the start and i have a love/hate relation with it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

p sure they started losing viewership when it became apparent that the writers hadn't bothered to plan anything out at all and had been just ad-libbing everything the entire time

and then they went back on their promise not to use time travel (lol they had had to promise not to make time travel a plot device)

jj abrams and damon lindelhof: it's absolutely not a death/afterlife thing. there is no way they're in purgatory
jj abrams and lindelhof, s6: btw they're all in purgatory

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i'm not kidding at all though when I say Nathan For You has absolutely the god drat best finale i've ever seen. I don't feel it'd have quite the impact if you just go directly to it; although you certainly can, but god drat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

Lost had 3 seasons of plot and then the network asked for 2 more and it fell apart. The pilot is legit great cause JJ directed it and hes a fantastic visual storyteller. he cant write for poo poo tho

tviv had an excellent venn diagram of the lost plot showing how much each of the seasons encompassed and i can't find it anywhere

(each subsequent season gets smaller and overlaps more with the previous ones)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

also is mr robot Finished finshed? i've never seen a second of it, i was waiting for it to end before i dove in

yeah, its done and not bad ending overall; there’s some things I could argue with but he doesn’t lumberjack off

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

It is, it wrapped up I want to say in Feb of this year or something. It was REALLY good I would highly recommend it

the only downside is that if you're starting just now, early seasons are kinda quaint Obama-era-as-gently caress naivity that would just come off as LMAO now. i dont know how to describe Obama-era As gently caress, but you'll understand. then again it's also only like 4 seasons long (10 eps each) and doesn't waste much time wtih filler, so it's an easy watch

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i just remembered i've seen every episode of House, except the very last one

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Roosevelt posted:

i just remembered i've seen every episode of House, except the very last one

it wasn't great no but also could be worse. they rode off into the sunset on a midlife crisis. part of that was just House-fatigue. s1/s2 were really good and then just started getting worse and worse and i just lost interest in it entirely on/off. it went on for about 3-4 seasons too long.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 15, 2020

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

breaking bad ended with badass walt going out a winner; better to assume he owl creek bridged coming out of the bar at the end of the second to last episode

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

jj abrams and damon lindelhof: it's absolutely not a death/afterlife thing. there is no way they're in purgatory
jj abrams and lindelhof, s6: btw they're all in purgatory

tbf purgatory is only the flash sideways scenes but the network cutting in the deserted beach scenes over the credits certainly muddled that

i still have some affinity for lost; remember heroes, lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
don't forget the postscript they shot for lost featuring a couple of chatty dharma initiative warehouse workers clearing up plot holes lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

aside from being a decade too early for cheap enough superhero dctv cg (ultimate battle! built up all season! around a corner that you can’t see!) it uh turns out they didn’t have a plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
heroes showrunners hosed everything up SO bad