Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sandwolf posted:

p sure he won his first in lylo so y’know we could rush Biaga or whatever
Don't be obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't be obtuse.

that was a joke, Pmush

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the person he defeated in lylo was me, Biaga already referenced it this game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

p sure he won his first in lylo so y’know we could rush Biaga or whatever

what

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

that was a joke, Pmush
Oh. :eng99:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I disagree with Sqiggly's sus on amoeba for the reason of amoeba "not wanting to tie a vote down" in jest or otherwise, and find it odd that Squiggly didn't put down a serious vote on amoeba (assuming Sqiggly is serious about the sus as alluded to by the statement about killing joke phase). I think ##vote Squiggly is valid as much as a light case could argue on such a slow D1.

Italics mine. You were vote #5 on Squiggs, just before me.

Dick Bastardly posted:

SNG's is clearly a joke vote. Obama me toos a vote but claims to believe that Squiggs is actually scum which is slightly better than Ceyton's vote.

Ceyton posted:

I dunno if Squiggly's scum, but he is pretty drat annoying.

##vote Squiggly

Admittedly voting someone in spite of an alignment call is sketchy imo. ##vote Ceyton

:thunk:

##vote Dick

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

JOHN CENA posted:

what is this

Thanks for pointing this out btw

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I have the rare, and momentary, positive k/d in mafia.

I accept the futility of my existance.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Biaga posted:

First post after my vote

Now.

I think the justification for my vote was pretty clear and for a townie role, as critical as squiggly had, he made every effort to annoy and wave every scummy flag possible. Honestly, I thought it was the best option at the time of the vote. Clearly you believed that as well. Do I regret it, yes - he was a dick but he was a huge townie benefit and we are behind because of it. But, don't all of a sudden blame me as being really suspect when you immediately latched on to my vote. I could accuse you of being sus by opportunity voting jumping on an obvious easy kill early, just before the final hammer (I believe I was vote 4, you were 5, and the 2 proceeding made 6 and 7 - but don't quote me on that).

I was actually vote 4 but nice try, your vote immediately proceeded me calling out squiggly’s scummy behaviour, I admit I should have voted for him then rather than after you but that’s just how I played it, I too am fairly new to this, or out of practice anyway.

Attempted to counter accuse is also pretty scummy behaviour if i remember correctly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Attempted to counter accuse is also pretty scummy behaviour if i remember correctly.
I also don't like this! This isn't OA's first game, I don't buy this "hmm, if I remember correctly, OMGUS is scummy :thunk:" thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I also don't like this! This isn't OA's first game, I don't buy this "hmm, if I remember correctly, OMGUS is scummy :thunk:" thing.

I guess ObamaAkbar has played before but I am not really recalling...

Also my motivator isn't working great, someone help me find the scum thanks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess ObamaAkbar has played before but I am not really recalling...

Also my motivator isn't working great, someone help me find the scum thanks

It’s probably one of: Biaga, OA, PMush, or Ceyton

I think Pmush is being weird here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote PMush

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd be down to vote either DB, SNG, or Biaga, who I can't come up with an acronym for.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

zzyzx posted:

I'd be down to vote either DB, SNG, or Biaga, who I can't come up with an acronym for.

Think you and I fall into the same realm.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx’s acronym is CDX

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cmon mox

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wrong thread lol livewatching wrestling will do that

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I was actually vote 4 but nice try, your vote immediately proceeded me calling out squiggly’s scummy behaviour, I admit I should have voted for him then rather than after you but that’s just how I played it, I too am fairly new to this, or out of practice anyway.

You did, but my vote was not influenced by you. It was entirely influenced by his continued attacks on me and amoeba in the days previous. I think you and i just came to the same decision at the same time. Yes, you might have been 4th, but I was 3rd. You voted 2 minutes after I did. Taking your own logic, I think I have a stronger argument that my vote influenced you over your statement influencing me. The fact that 4 of your 5 posts in day 2 have been directed at accusing me is a lot more scummy than me attempting to counter accuse.

See, I can make brash and unreasonable assumptions too. I just have the ability to accept that I was thrown off by Squig's revelation and that I am still a little lost on who to accuse at this point.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

zzyzx’s acronym is CDX

:3:

Will not vote for Sandwolf today.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ceyton posted:

Italics mine. You were vote #5 on Squiggs, just before me.

Admittedly voting someone in spite of an alignment call is sketchy imo. ##vote Ceyton

:thunk:

##vote Dick
[/quote]

The difference is I thought squiggly could be scum for making contradictory statements (their reason for sus on amoeba being incongruent with their own play, specifically not voting someone they just sussed in a serious way.)

You literally said Squiggly could be town but who cares because they are annoying. That is empirically anti-town behavior.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the quote is messed up but the "admittedly voting..." part is my quote and the part preceding it is Ceyton's (for clarification)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote ceyton

(revoting to fix the whole quotation error tomfoolery)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Biaga posted:

You did, but my vote was not influenced by you. It was entirely influenced by his continued attacks on me and amoeba in the days previous. I think you and i just came to the same decision at the same time. Yes, you might have been 4th, but I was 3rd. You voted 2 minutes after I did. Taking your own logic, I think I have a stronger argument that my vote influenced you over your statement influencing me. The fact that 4 of your 5 posts in day 2 have been directed at accusing me is a lot more scummy than me attempting to counter accuse.

See, I can make brash and unreasonable assumptions too. I just have the ability to accept that I was thrown off by Squig's revelation and that I am still a little lost on who to accuse at this point.

I think quibbling about the vote order when there was still 3 votes to hammer after mine hardly matters, I wasn’t influenced by your vote so much as I already felt he squiggly was scum and your post reminded me that yes I should put a vote to that suspicion, still well clear of a hammer and with plenty of time for them to come and defend themselves.

Based on our interactions now I’m actually turning away from you being scum tbh, I still highly suspect DB however.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Thinking about this on the way to work, nobody seems to be asking why Amoeba was targeted, if what people have said about his usual posting is true then he wasn’t the biggest threat. I’m sticking with the theory that it was attempted misdirection by scum based on his last post.

This means that DB, who immediately jumped on the theory that Amoeba was onto something and is now laser focused on Ceyton for no real reason other than he voted for Squiggly with a weak justification on D1, is my prime suspect.

##vote Dick

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

don't like the vote on dick or any of the votes on dick sooOooo

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

And I don’t particularly like any of the votes on Ceyton, whether reversed or not.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Dick Bastardly posted:

The difference is I thought squiggly could be scum for making contradictory statements (their reason for sus on amoeba being incongruent with their own play, specifically not voting someone they just sussed in a serious way.)

You literally said Squiggly could be town but who cares because they are annoying. That is empirically anti-town behavior.

I don't think what you said and what I said are all that different. They're both effectively "I publicly acknowledge it's a weak case, but I'm hopping on this bandwagon anyway LOL".

Besides you also doing the thing you're accusing me of, it's specious reasoning anyway. It's impossible to have a firm logical case against anybody on D1. Whether it's said out loud or not, every D1 vote carries an assumption of "yeah it's flimsy justification, and balance of probabilities is that I'm railroading an innocent townie, buuuuut..."

The difference between you and me is that you came blazing out of the gate after me on D2, using this as your primary argument.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ceyton posted:

I don't think what you said and what I said are all that different. They're both effectively "I publicly acknowledge it's a weak case, but I'm hopping on this bandwagon anyway LOL".

Besides you also doing the thing you're accusing me of, it's specious reasoning anyway. It's impossible to have a firm logical case against anybody on D1. Whether it's said out loud or not, every D1 vote carries an assumption of "yeah it's flimsy justification, and balance of probabilities is that I'm railroading an innocent townie, buuuuut..."

The difference between you and me is that you came blazing out of the gate after me on D2, using this as your primary argument.

No, the actual difference to anyone who is reading the game is this: I gave a reason why I thought Squiggly was scum based on their style of posting. You literally threw your hands in the air and said "well, idk if squiggs is scum or not, but it doesn't matter because I want to policy vote them for being annoying".

Of the two, your vote is worse by at least one order of magnitude.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
and forgive me for trying to figure a logical reason why scum would kill amoeba. yeah, totally scummy of me to take a flipped towns advice and re-read who they thought might be suspicious. :rolleyes:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Dick Bastardly posted:

and forgive me for trying to figure a logical reason why scum would kill amoeba. yeah, totally scummy of me to take a flipped towns advice and re-read who they thought might be suspicious. :rolleyes:

Except amoeba didn’t say anything that most people werent already thinking, that it was possible that scum participated in the rushed lunch. It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they would kill him based on that one post unless it was to make us think a certain way.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thanks obama

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the NK could've been random. I don't know what scum would want me to think by reading amoeba again, but in doing so, I made a connection.

If there's a better case for sus than mine on ceyton I'll consider it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Except amoeba didn’t say anything that most people werent already thinking, that it was possible that scum participated in the rushed lunch. It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they would kill him based on that one post unless it was to make us think a certain way.

*buzzer* wrong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have personally been on at least four scum teams recently where we made at LEAST one (1) NK decision based on who was saying bad things we didn’t like during the day. I don’t know why amoeba was killed but DB looking into amoebas suspicions is as townie as it gets.

Ceyton and Obama appear to be on the same team though.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Or you and DB are on the same team... seriously what amoeba said was barely anything.

I also don’t really care what you say previous scum teams have done because it could be entirely made up nonsense for all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I have personally been on at least four scum teams recently where we made at LEAST one (1) NK decision based on who was saying bad things we didn’t like during the day. I don’t know why amoeba was killed but DB looking into amoebas suspicions is as townie as it gets.

Ceyton and Obama appear to be on the same team though.

Ceyton sparks my suspicion, so I think it safer to vote for him over Obama. He feels more like he is lashing out to prove his innocence, especially with that rapid refocus to dick. Regardless, feel more comfortable testing ceyton and following up with obama is needed - but I think he is townie.