Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Spatulater bro! posted:

All this stress must be giving you a blistering headache. Better tell your boss you're going home sick.

Can't even do that these days with the pandemic going on, you're likely to end up being told you can't come back to work until you get a negative COVID test.

One time during the pandemic I wanted to leave work early so I told my boss that I had received a call about an urgent maintenance issue at my apartment. They seemed to buy it but you can only use that one so many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spatulater bro! posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't buy that F13 set :( Starting to feel some serious FOMO.

I didn't buy it either :smith:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basebf555 posted:

Can't even do that these days with the pandemic going on, you're likely to end up being told you can't come back to work until you get a negative COVID test.

One time during the pandemic I wanted to leave work early so I told my boss that I had received a call about an urgent maintenance issue at my apartment. They seemed to buy it but you can only use that one so many times.

Tell him you thought you just needed to fart but it turned out different and now you need to run home for a change of clothes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

YOu can be like the guy who's been sick all week at my job, showed up today, obviously still very sick, "to make his rounds" before going back home, claiming it isn't COVID because his brother tested negative.

:rip:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Spatulater bro! posted:

All this stress must be giving you a blistering headache. Better tell your boss you're going home sick.

A bit difficult that as this is overtime, and I’m in a hospital handcuffed to a Murderer, even if I did call the prison for cover no one would get here before my leaving time.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Gaz2k21 posted:

A bit difficult that as this is overtime, and I’m in a hospital handcuffed to a Murderer, even if I did call the prison for cover no one would get here before my leaving time.

Doesn’t matter. I’m sure the phone lines have been cut, and that there’s a storm of the century rolling in.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

CommunityEdition posted:

Doesn’t matter. I’m sure the phone lines have been cut, and that there’s a storm of the century rolling in.

I’m hosed......

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

I think you seriously overestimate how much most people's companies give a poo poo about their employees health and wellness.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gaz2k21 posted:

:stonk: I'd be a bit more worried about that than your blu-rays to be completely honest

e: also, my experience is that you only get told to get a COVID test if your symptoms indicate COVID, which has made explosive diarrhea a really good go-to excuse (because, absent of any other symptoms, people are gonna figure food poisoning, not COVID)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1tjlTQxnAw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spatulater bro! posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't buy that F13 set :( Starting to feel some serious FOMO.

Im gonna wait a few months. It’ll be around for a little bit. Unless you wanted the poster.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

dorium posted:

I’d wait until they iron out the kinks in it. Apparently there’s some QC issues with the box itself and it getting slashed up during manufacturing and there’s disc errors on some of the movies for some of the orders. Scream Factory is looking into it but it’s up to New Line and Paramount to do something about it.

The disc errors are another thing, but are you sure this part isn't a feature? :murder:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Speaking of Friday the 13th, anyone ever watch the fan film "Never Hike Alone"? The makers of that just released a short prequel film called "Never Hike in the Snow". It clocks in at a half hour, has a really gnarly kill, and does a better job establishing the Pamela/Jason relationship than the previous twelve "official" movies did.

It's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbl0DmPR9fo

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Update: arrived home and everything was safe and well so now I get to enjoy all the Friday the 13th and just in time for Halloween to

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Gaz2k21 posted:

Update: arrived home and everything was safe and well so now I get to enjoy all the Friday the 13th and just in time for Halloween to

Did you remember to detach the murderer before clocking out?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

CommunityEdition posted:

Did you remember to detach the murderer before clocking out?

...........oh poo poo

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

drat, y'all, this might be a poser level confession, but I had no idea Lin Shaye was in A Nightmare on Elm Street until last night. Was rewatching it and drat near fell off the couch when she came on screen. She rules.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

XIII posted:

drat, y'all, this might be a poser level confession, but I had no idea Lin Shaye was in A Nightmare on Elm Street until last night. Was rewatching it and drat near fell off the couch when she came on screen. She rules.

Personally I didn't know what Lin Shaye looked like until I saw Insidious, so I didn't realize that was her in NOES until I then rewatched it at some point after that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I rewatched The Monster Club a couple nights ago and was baffled at the campy awfulness of the makeup. The framing story and the anthology actually build this little mythology around vampires, werewolves, and ghouls being the chief types of monster, but a lot of the background characters are just wearing miscellaneous monster masks. Surely it would've cost less money to just put everyone in vampire and ghoul makeup?

Anyway, I will be creating a multimedia franchise based on this exquisite Lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxr7sx9j6E

Shaddys lick, maddys yawn, mocks blow, and shadmocks whistle. But what do raddys do? Scream? Giggle? Spit? Swallow? I cannot find the answer.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

XIII posted:

Her brother, Bob Shaye, founded the studio that produced the Nightmare films. He's played a few bit parts in the series too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

big fan

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

My cats aren't allowed anywhere near my Body Melt Blu-ray :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of Friday the 13th, anyone ever watch the fan film "Never Hike Alone"? The makers of that just released a short prequel film called "Never Hike in the Snow". It clocks in at a half hour, has a really gnarly kill, and does a better job establishing the Pamela/Jason relationship than the previous twelve "official" movies did.

It's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbl0DmPR9fo

Here's how good Friday the 13th is

And Jason

The prequel to the fan film released a few years ago made me go Oh poo poo Yes Let's GO

Because its really good!

EDIT: Also I adore that this fan film Jason got some kind of nod in that one Friday the 13th Puzzle game as 'Ghost Jason'

Burkion fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 14, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Does anybody know a way to watch the 1975 made for TV movie The UFO Incident, starring James Earl Jones and Estelle Parsons as Barney and Betty Hill?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Pawdy Melt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

XIII posted:

This isn’t too bad tbh. It’s such a quick small roll.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Goddamn Body Melt rocks

Great triple feature suggestion

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder what percentage of people watching Body Melt know who ‘Harold Bishop’ is. As a Brit, that was always the selling point for that movie (which I still haven’t seen something).

(Not really a spoiler, just an explanation).
The guy who plays Dr Carrera was super well known for playing a character on the soap opera Neighbours for yeeeeears, super meek and mild dude you would never imagine being in this kind of film.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody know a way to watch the 1975 made for TV movie The UFO Incident, starring James Earl Jones and Estelle Parsons as Barney and Betty Hill?

Last I saw it, it was posted up on Youtube with solid quality.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's weird that no one really gives a poo poo about the idea of UFOs anymore. They put out some footage of a UFO supposedly taken by the Air Force or something and everyone was pretty much like 'pffft, that's not even in the top 5 of hosed up poo poo that happened this year'

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its bc that was footage of a literal UFO not aliens. Unidentified military drones are boring

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I work in the same town as the Betty and barney Hill incident and it's treated as like a little historical site it's cute :3

What shudder originals are worth watching?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

What shudder originals are worth watching?
Host, The Beach House, Creepshow

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Also: The Witch in the Window, Terrified

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Last I saw it, it was posted up on Youtube with solid quality.

Thanks

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's weird that no one really gives a poo poo about the idea of UFOs anymore. They put out some footage of a UFO supposedly taken by the Air Force or something and everyone was pretty much like 'pffft, that's not even in the top 5 of hosed up poo poo that happened this year'

It seems like most of the energy in conspiracy circles got redirected towards trump. A lot of conspiracy stuff was trending rightward under Obama, but once Trump showed up he just eclipsed everything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

dorium posted:

Goddamn Body Melt rocks

Great triple feature suggestion

^^^ A person of taste class and intelligence fyi yw

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just watched through all of the Nightmare in Elm Streets (except Jason vs Freddy and the remake) and new nightmare was really good. I wasn't expecting the 7th installment to be one of the best but I really liked it.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

TOOT BOOT posted:

I‘d blame the sheer ubiquity of HD cameras and streaming platforms, plus an increased familiarity with special effects technology. It’s way easier to call out fakes, and way harder to misidentify objects in blurry footage.

The trend has consequently shifted from a belief in spectacular events captured on tape to a total distrust of all media (“fake news”, Bernstein Bears, etc.).

It’s a chicken-and-egg thing where we know all the techniques used in found-footage movies and creepypastas, making hoaxing more difficult - but those genres are also filling a void left by the decline of traditional hoaxing.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I just watched through all of the Nightmare in Elm Streets (except Jason vs Freddy and the remake) and new nightmare was really good. I wasn't expecting the 7th installment to be one of the best but I really liked it.

That's fun stuff for sure. Heather Langenkamp rules, wonder why she wasn't in more movies. On the Wes tip, I really dig People Under The Stairs and I liked My Soul To Take. And just about everything else. FvJ is a non-Wes fav of mine.

Should I watch Vampire in Brooklyn by the way?

Also, not horror necessarily, but any thoughts on The Dark Backward? It's been a movie I both don't want to watch, and don't want to not watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
If you like other Adam Rifkin films, you might as well watch The Dark Backward. It’s certainly an uncommon plot, at the very least.