Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Looten Plunder posted:

Oh man, I'm going to have to dig these up

If you do, please post the Jax walk gif here. It's been so long and I miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, the original showrunner is helming this Dexter revival.

Kinda gives me hope this is an excuse to go back and wrap the show up properly, aka Dexter getting caught and loving executed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

esperterra posted:

Kinda gives me hope this is an excuse to go back and wrap the show up properly, aka Dexter getting caught and loving executed.

You can't make me hope again esperterra

i won't do it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Regy Rusty posted:

You can't make me hope again esperterra

i won't do it

I mean, at the very least it means we're not saddled with the showrunner who legit considered Dexter a superhero.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

esperterra posted:

id be down for a miniseries that starts off the episode directly in to the intro music of him going through his prison morning routine. him appealing the death penalty, a bunch of talking heads in rooms like mindhunters. it could be good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's going to be a backdoor pilot series for a fantasy ax men revival where they're the world's last line of defence from the wendigo threat

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Azhais posted:

It's going to be a backdoor pilot series for a fantasy ax men revival where they're the world's last line of defence from the wendigo threat

As a Canadian this speaks to me.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Henley industry asked showtime to revive dexter. Sales haven't been the same since the show ended.

In other news I've started watching Mary Tyler Moore as a result of chasing that comfort tv high and it's pretty good. I always remember it as the show my parents would watch on TV land or Nick at Nite. I'm only about halfway through season 1 and the writing is pretty good and the cast has a good chemistry. Also Mary Tyler Moore is pretty charming; I feel like I should find her singy delivery of some lines annoying but I just can't help but like it.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 103 days!

Cael posted:

If you do, please post the Jax walk gif here. It's been so long and I miss it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Cobra Kai since it is on Netflix and it was kind of weird that Mr Miyagi's grave made him older and live longer than Pat Morita.

Mr. Miyagi was a WW2 vet (and Medal of Honor winner) in the first movie, and Pat Morita was born in 1932 so he was always playing older.

Tbh, I'm surprised they've never tried a Miyagi centered prequel, and honestly I'd be for it. You can get a lot of dramatic mileage out of the WW2 Japanese-American GI experience.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 15, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Finally we'll unlock the real origin of wax on and wax off

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

esperterra posted:

"All my life I kill those who killed"
"And now I'm in a place where everyone is a killer."
DEXTER DEATH ROW

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Prison Break except instead of trying to get out he's trying to get into his neighbour's cell so he can murder him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Prison Break but the plot of The Cell.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dexter is finally put on death row and ends up being delighted there are so many people to kill

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A Dexter/Rorschach buddy comedy

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
TVIV > Dexter's writers room

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Maybe they'll finally get around to showing how he built that Laboratory

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hah! I had forgotten these... I almost wish we had a best of thread that could tie in Lost, SoA and Dexter. There were so many good moments on those threads, even moreso as the shows declined. GoT thread was never half as good although I adored Wizard Master's post every episode.

Finished Evil the other day and really good recommendation. I really like the mix of supernatural creepiness and humour. The Leland going to his "therapist" scene had me almost choke with laughter. Ending of 9 made me laugh hard and then go "oh gently caress" chills. Another ep made me realize I have a phobia of hospitals. Definitely a early 00s throwback show with far better budget and I will back up the thread recommendation. Thanks yet again.

Bored and trapped streaming as Covid ramps up again so... started Almost Human. Well I say started but already on episode 10. How was this show cancelled? Excellent casting, good sfx, a bit police procedural with a nice sci fi hook. Really fun show that had some potential. Reminded me of a softer Judge Dredd with all the talk of over "Over the Wall" and them deliberately talking around the matter but obviously living in a Mega City. Anyone know if that is where it was headed? Why the gently caress was it cancelled?

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 15, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It was a sci-fi show on Fox. They exist only to be cancelled

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Azhais posted:

It was a sci-fi show on Fox. They exist only to be cancelled

Yeah, it was only a fluke that the X-Files made it, it was nearly cancelled in the first season, and I recall it made it to the cover of TV Guide's annual "Save our Shows" issue.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Almost Human was another show where they ran episodes out of order.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bull3964 posted:

Almost Human was another show where they ran episodes out of order.

It was super jarring, too, since the main characters had like an arc going on so they’d be friendly one episode and hostile the next for no apparent reason.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Underrated appearance by John Larroquette too

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was super jarring, too, since the main characters had like an arc going on so they’d be friendly one episode and hostile the next for no apparent reason.

Criminally mishandled show. Is that streaming anywhere?

Should I also finally watch Dexter?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

that fuckin jax lean

gets me every time

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DogsInSpace! posted:

Hah! I had forgotten these... I almost wish we had a best of thread that could tie in Lost, SoA and Dexter.

This is a really cool idea that I may try to do after I've finished my move at the end of the month and settled in. If anybody has any show threads they want me to try to dig up, or want to dig up or have already dug up themselves, shoot me a PM or smth!

Maybe I'll make a channel in the Discord to arrange such an endeavour. A TVIV best of sticky could be a lot of fun. I'll just make the OP Wizard Master's GoT post and a bunch of links.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

From what I remember the best part of Almost Human was the banter between the leads while they drive around to their next investigation. Everything else seemed like super generic cop show stuff or scifi AI stories we've seen a billion times already.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

From what I remember the best part of Almost Human was the banter between the leads while they drive around to their next investigation. Everything else seemed like super generic cop show stuff or scifi AI stories we've seen a billion times already.

I liked how they used Bitcoin

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Slamhound posted:

Time to necro the greatest hate watch thread in TVIV’s history

*circles black SUV*

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

Criminally mishandled show. Is that streaming anywhere?

Should I also finally watch Dexter?

Amazon if you are UK. Buy over itunes if Canada.

Mu Zeta posted:

Banter is a big draw. Karl Urban is the reason I chose to give er a go and he's great. Funny thing is he actually uses the Billy Butcher voice going undercover in one episode. It was, on the surface, a cop procedural but then you you get insanely large amounts of tidbits in the background that are setting up a world that would have been fun. The bitcoin thing was bueno and I liked how they talked about it being THE anonymous currency used by many a shady dealing and a main component of the darknet. You had psyche (think Judge Dredd or telepaths and psychics but real) enhancing drugs, programs both overt and covert to genetically enhance humans, the silicon soul, nanotech, organ smuggling market because big corps make it hard for regular people to get replacement organs, skin harvesting people to create a better sexbots and more. My favourite bits were were the previous models of bots with the silicon soul became slightly problematic and were replaced with newer, cheaper models who were pure logic, talks about sending people to the cubes or the times it was referred to going beyond the wall with hints that it was a wasteland. Tons of little bits and pieces of world building that could have been awesome to explore in a few seasons. If you were a fan of Judge Dredd it felt fairly familiar. Very dystopian feel. Weirdly the surface cop procedural seems more like a way to make the show more accessible and deliberately done to coat the pill. Really was a punch to the nethers when I finished it. It was made around the same time as Utopia so that's two shows of that time that I'm really irritated we didn't get more of.

edit:

esperterra posted:

This is a really cool idea that I may try to do after I've finished my move at the end of the month and settled in. If anybody has any show threads they want me to try to dig up, or want to dig up or have already dug up themselves, shoot me a PM or smth!

Maybe I'll make a channel in the Discord to arrange such an endeavour. A TVIV best of sticky could be a lot of fun. I'll just make the OP Wizard Master's GoT post and a bunch of links.
Hah.... Wizard Master and the agriculture chat were the highlights of game of thrones. As far as the rest: SoA, Dexter and Lost were the main three but... I swear there was a couple more that came close. OH True Blood. That one had some moments.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 15, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dexter SHOULD be on Crave in Canada. Everything HBO and Showtime is there, and last I checked this includes backlogs for both networks.

e: yeah just double checked and it's there w/ the rest of showtime's stuff

e2: ^^ yeah I was thinking True Blood as well, those threads were fun af especially the more ridiculous the show became after Alan Ball left
if we turn this into a serious endeavour i'll either set up a temporary thread for people to suggest shows to dig up or who have links for threads already, or like I said make a dedicated channel in the TVIV Discord for it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean I'd be down for a True Blood limited series revival.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

I mean I'd be down for a True Blood limited series revival.

I'm sure HBO is already working on it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The world does need more Sookeh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

True Blood has such a great cast of characters to choose from for a revival too tbh, one done properly could be rad.

Sassy Pam and Jessica spinoff when

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think most of them would probably come back at this point.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I'm hell of going to watch that staged West Wing reunion episode tonight and y'all aint going to stop me

Sterling K Brown is stepping in for John Spencer which is gonna be real weird to me

Edit: Consultants setting up their home quarantine office be like

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

I think most of them would probably come back at this point.

I feel like Alexander Skarsgard has probably had the busiest career since and I can't think of anybody else off the top of my head who has been in anything of note, other than DAW having had Daredevil before it was cancelled.

So you're prob right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ryan Kwanten (Jason) was just in 2067

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1918734/

Not a great movie but I think those ratings are a little harsh. Paquin is currently is some series called "flack" I haven't seen

But yeah, only skarsgard really has done much