Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Because why not?

Limited run coming out in 2021.

Below link contains spoilers for how it ended if you didn’t stick with it through the bitter end.

https://people.com/tv/dexter-is-returning-to-showtime-limited-series/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"2020 can't possibly get worse!"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

Nail Rat posted:

"2020 can't possibly get worse!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's going to be so bad and I am ready for it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As long as they bring John Lithgow back as an unrelated character, sure.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

angerbeet posted:

As long as they bring John Lithgow back as an unrelated character, sure.

True story - right after his season ended I literally ran into him at a restaurant and my first reaction was recoiling and just thinking “Trinity”.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

One of the best things about Dexter wasn't even in the show. One of the late night shows had Julie Benz on before the season five premiere, doing promo for the new season describing how it was about a hard working forensics agent who now had to deal with raising kids alone after his wifes murder. They played it entirely in character though with her not knowing anything about him being a serial killer until the host revealed it to her.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!
i never realized how excited i would be to shovel this awful garbage into my eyes again

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

croup coughfield posted:

i never realized how excited i would be to shovel this awful garbage into my eyes again

I don't recognize your username, but goddamn, do I appreciate the hell out of you PM-ing me about this thread. I saw the news today and thought 'I wonder if anyone on SA has started a thread yet'.

I am flattered that I mattered!

Anyway, my two favourite things to come out of Dexter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TsSHqVd724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

The show will be awful. The thread will be awesome.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Surprise, Motherfucker indeed!

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 15, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Thread title should be changed to "Surprise Motherfucker. Dexter is coming back!"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Okay Jerusalem you can have one wish come true."
"Oh boy! I want that show about the serial killer who is hiding in plain sight among the police to come back!"
Monkey Paw curls, Hannibal remains off the air

More on-topic though, the 1st season of Dexter I loved, then it got real bad, then the Trinity season kind of pulled it back to good, then it got so bad I stopped watching, and I heard it got even worse after that.
:sigh:

Kind of bizarre that it would come back, was there really any demand for it?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 15, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4_fDHv-SQ

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have fond memories of hatewatching this show with goons. I can only hope this return delivers.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!
me preparing to watch another season of dexter

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

I have fond memories of hatewatching this show with goons. I can only hope this return delivers.

Me too, my goon sir, me too

Per the main couch thread this will be done by the old showrunner aka the guy who thought Dexter was a cool anti-hero. This should be a glorious failure. I still hope at least part of it is super lumberjack adventuretime- I need the opening credits over eating flapjacks, cutting wood and beautiful British Columbia

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Can the showrunner resist making his sister a new headghost?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Joust posted:

I don't know... It all depends on whether or not Dexter's lizard brain can handle it.

He IS a psychopath, remember? I feel like someone might have mentioned that once or twice in the last season....

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This was the best dexter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlwoTbkk5M

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe this is real. Remember when they casted James Olmos and then did nothing with him?

And remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can’t believe this is real. Remember when they casted James Olmos and then did nothing with him?

And remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c

I can't draw, didn't edit video back then, and wasn't that great at Photoshop, but I remember my one contribution was making the S6 thread title, which was something like... "Season 6 is Olmos here; Mos Def better than S5. Colin Hanks!"

Also, does anyone have the Cheerios gif of Hanks shoving them in his mouth while in Dexter's apartment?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Joust posted:

Probably a question of if they could get them working together again.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

DogsInSpace! posted:

Me too, my goon sir, me too

Per the main couch thread this will be done by the old showrunner aka the guy who thought Dexter was a cool anti-hero. This should be a glorious failure. I still hope at least part of it is super lumberjack adventuretime- I need the opening credits over eating flapjacks, cutting wood and beautiful British Columbia

I assumed they all thought Dexter was a cool anti-hero. Scott buck was the one at the helm for the shitiest seasons.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

remember that one poster that didn't think Olmos was a ghost

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re almost done with the first page and no one has posted the treadmill gif.

Are we even real fans?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are we even real fans?

Be the change you want to see in the world, my goon.

https://gfycat.com/foolhardynippyerin (edit: how do I embed this?)

Also, you can tell how little people (outside of SA) cared about the dumbness of the show, seeing as though it's currently very difficult to find the BLACK SUV gif anywhere.

Also, who's got that drawing of Dexter in his car with:

- his dad
- Sirko (remember him?!)
- Miguel
- Trinity (I think)
- I don't know, that Jordan Chase guy, Johnny Lee Miller's wet fart of a character
- Maybe Olmos or Mos Def's characters

I need this in my life. Once in a while, I'll hear of people who personally archive media from threads, and holy poo poo, I should have been one of those people for these threads.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't draw, didn't edit video back then, and wasn't that great at Photoshop, but I remember my one contribution was making the S6 thread title, which was something like... "Season 6 is Olmos here; Mos Def better than S5. Colin Hanks!"

Also, does anyone have the Cheerios gif of Hanks shoving them in his mouth while in Dexter's apartment?

I skimmed the season 6 thread and couldn't find it. There's a lot of dead images in there, unfortunately.

Though I was reminded that in season 6 Scott Buck decided Deb wants to gently caress her brother. Great show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

I skimmed the season 6 thread and couldn't find it. There's a lot of dead images in there, unfortunately.

Though I was reminded that in season 6 Scott Buck decided Deb wants to gently caress her brother. Great show.

Holy gently caress, I found the black suv gif!

https://i.imgur.com/RdcaLhg.gif

From this thread

Edit: loving goldmine, and this is just some of the first page...

I was way off with the car pic, but it's still great. Who's drinking in the back? Curly hair is Dexter's brother,, Doakes is Doakes. Don't know the other guy.

Also, "pardon my tits".

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 15, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
michael c hall should play shao khan jr. nicholas cage as shang tsung

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are we even real fans?

also the salad eating

god it really was a great show

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

Holy gently caress, I found the black suv gif!

https://i.imgur.com/RdcaLhg.gif

From this thread

Edit: loving goldmine, and this is just some of the first page...

I was way off with the car pic, but it's still great. Who's drinking in the back? Curly hair is Dexter's brother,, Doakes is Doakes. Don't know the other guy.

Also, "pardon my tits".

CODChimera posted:

also the salad eating

god it really was a great show

https://i.imgur.com/R0ievbn.mp4

i cant believe i kept all this stupid bullshit, psycho poo poo lmfao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

No way... That was the ultimately forgettable bad guy from season 8, right? Wasn't that drawing from way earlier?

Edit: I also remember at one point in season 8, Dexter's monologuing about that White Bread Killer (I don't remember who he is, the guy in the gif). He says something like "He'll be hard to track, he'll likely remain in the shadows."

And then the next scene is the dude at a Wendy's or something? Does anyone else remember this?

And there was something about Dexter being outside, totally visible, in the same shot? Oh god, it's all so terrible and it runs together so much.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTK4AY6NnNU

Edit: this SHOULD be satisfying, but it's just still so bad... And this is from one of the GOOD seasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRKSK32ank

"I'm a photographer... I take my camera with me everywhere."

*big gently caress-off camera literally right next to him*

Also "you've got the wrong idea."

"I know what you are"

"Ok, it was one time..."

:psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 15, 2020

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

No way... That was the ultimately forgettable bad guy from season 8, right? Wasn't that drawing from way earlier?

Edit: I also remember at one point in season 8, Dexter's monologuing about that White Bread Killer (I don't remember who he is, the guy in the gif). He says something like "He'll be hard to track, he'll likely remain in the shadows."

And then the next scene is the dude at a Wendy's or something? Does anyone else remember this?

And there was something about Dexter being outside, totally visible, in the same shot? Oh god, it's all so terrible and it runs together so much.

That's the Brain Surgeon - Oliver Saxon - one of the season 8 antagonists. He's secretly the son of Evelyn Vogel. Evelyn was a psychiatrist specializing in P S Y C H O P A T H S who helped Harry create the code. And yeah, while stalking Saxon, there's a scene where Dexter just sort of half-crouches next to a car in a parking lot like ten feet away from Saxon, having some interminable conversation with Harry in front of God and everybody

Other prolonged subplots of season 8:

Quinn studies for a test.

Jamie and Quinn start dating, until she gets mad that Quinn spends time with Deb at work.

El Sapo

E: oh yeah and lem from the shield was an inept US Marshal in the classic Dexter style pursuing Dexter's girlfriend lol

croup coughfield fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 15, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

That's the Brain Surgeon - Oliver Saxon - one of the season 8 antagonists. He's secretly the son of Evelyn Vogel. Evelyn was a psychiatrist specializing in P S Y C H O P A T H S who helped Harry create the code. And yeah, while stalking Saxon, there's a scene where Dexter just sort of half-crouches next to a car in a parking lot like ten feet away from Saxon, having some interminable conversation with Harry in front of God and everybody

Other prolonged subplots of season 8:

Quinn studies for a test.

Jamie and Quinn start dating, until she gets mad that Quinn spends time with Deb at work.

El Sapo

Does anyone have the comparison picture of Vogel in the car vs the Ikea monkey? gently caress, I'm losing it just thinking back to that.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

budget ryan gosling

and by the later seasons Dexter was straight up just murdering people in airports and gun ranges. the other cops were so god drat bad at everything especially quinn

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dexter killing Oliver while in custody with a pencil immediately followed by Dexter, Batista, and I think Masuka reviewing the security footage in which it’s clear that Dexter straight up murders the guy and they al go “..... looked like self defense to me” so Dexter gets to once again walk away from any consequence was pretty loving great in how cowardly this show was at having Dex face any real repercussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Jesus Christ I forgot this show had 8 loving seasons. My brain crunched it down to like 6. How did they get 3 seasons after Lumen?

croup coughfield posted:

https://i.imgur.com/R0ievbn.mp4

i cant believe i kept all this stupid bullshit, psycho poo poo lmfao
Lol dude with the script in the background. This was the best gif.

Does anyone have the comparison picture of Vogel in the car vs the Ikea monkey? gently caress, I'm losing it just thinking back to that.
lmao