Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It would be about 2035 before computers and networks are developed capable of multiplayer Noita, and the world won't last that long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Eric the Mauve posted:

It would be about 2035 before computers and networks are developed capable of multiplayer Noita, and the world won't last that long

Splitscreen

Jesus, it’s like some of you never played Goldeneye

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Goldeneye didn't have intensely deformable terrain. Liero might be the best comparision, it's battlefields were tiny in comparison to Noita's landscape iirc.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You would just have to have the arena be small enough that it fits within a single simulation range and anchor that simulation to a fixed point instead of the player. Not saying it's easy or that the code is set up in a way to allow it without major refactoring, but it's not impossible.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

The one year anniversary event celebrating the games early access release has been going on today on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/nollagames

They've been giving away game keys on and off all day and cycling through various Noita players doing different speed runs, challenge runs, exploration runs, mod showcases and so on if any one is interested.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Well I uh, didn't expect this to happen

or that

https://i.imgur.com/if1Z4pA.mp4

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

How could you end the gif there you absolute monster

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's a staged gif. I planted the mushrooms with a flask of glowing spores I found.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:ohdear:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigYearlyEland-mobile.mp4

Enhance!

:allears:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Okay, I’ll bite - what the heck is happening there?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Enhance!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Yeah, I saw that but I guess I haven’t gotten far enough to see missiles that destroy the universe.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nukes! And the witch managed to find shelter behind the wand pedestal because it is one of the strongest materials in the universe which is pretty slick thinking.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Yeah, I saw that but I guess I haven’t gotten far enough to see missiles that destroy the universe.

My first encounter with the nukes wasn't even via me using them, an enemy got a hold of a wand with the spell offscreen, so I'm just walking about and suddenly half the level that's currently on-screen gets vaporized (along with the short-lived wand theif)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That's fuckin god-tier nuke-dodging, comrade :cheerdoge:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sage Grimm posted:

Nukes! And the witch managed to find shelter behind the wand pedestal because it is one of the strongest materials in the universe which is pretty slick thinking.

Johnny Truant posted:

That's fuckin god-tier nuke-dodging, comrade :cheerdoge:

Only impressive if it was intentional. I was running low on levitate juice and it was a convenient platform.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
That is one of the most Noita gifs and corresponding explanations that I've ever seen. Hell yeah, can't wait for the anniversary.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh ffs.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FemaleGargantuanAfricanharrierhawk-mobile.mp4

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the trigger for activating the Dragon is a little tricksy. It's not doing damage to the Egg for some reason (maybe they were worried it'd wake up due to NPC activity), but instead you hitting a trigger that's slightly smaller than the Egg itself.

I guess what I'm saying is: I've died that way.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So apparently 1.0 is out sometime today.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lurksion posted:

So apparently 1.0 is out sometime today.

In about an hour and a half

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Time to get back into this

rip my cpu

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

started to update when I verified the files on steam

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

So yeah, 1.0 is out now! Yay: https://store.steampowered.com//app/881100?beta=0
There's also a 20% discount for the next 7 days! Thanks for all the discussion, I've been reading this thread a lot over the past year :)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

looks like starts are randomized now. I got a single bouncing burst in wand 1, firebolt in the bomb wand, and a blood flask.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

looks like starts are randomized now. I got a single bouncing burst in wand 1, firebolt in the bomb wand, and a blood flask.

Randomized starts were an option for quite awhile, dunno if they're the only option now though.

I almost always find I'm better off emptying the flask I start with and refilling it with water as soon as I find a pool. Flasks of water are by far the most reliably handy for normal play. If you start with a fire or lava flask though, those can be handy early on to dig through wooden beams.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Looks like a ton of new stuff from the patch notes. Gonna have to jump back into this tonight and see how spectacularly I can blow myself up

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Randomized starts were an option for quite awhile, dunno if they're the only option now though.

I almost always find I'm better off emptying the flask I start with and refilling it with water as soon as I find a pool. Flasks of water are by far the most reliably handy for normal play. If you start with a fire or lava flask though, those can be handy early on to dig through wooden beams.

This is different from the randomized start mod, that has very powerful themed kits and starting perk to not get killed by them.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Not sure about the random loadout on regular runs, having to empty and fill a flask with water if you don't spawn with one just so you dont get hosed by fire or toxic is a bit of a pain in the rear end.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
oh they sponsored a bunch of twitch streamers to play, including Bahroo. Pretty good move, dude's pretty good at smaller indie games. Also the game has now twitch voting for hazard events? Because there wasn't enough ways to blow yourself up already!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Was really excited when I found a wand with about a dozen tnts on it early on but I didn't notice that it had always cast prickly spore pod, which caused the tnt to blow up in my face.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would prefer the option to toggle random starting loadouts off, that beginner water flask was a lifesaver in mines with all the poison and fire around.

I mean sure you can empty it and find water, but I would still prefer to always start with a water flask / starting wands.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

TeaJay posted:

I would prefer the option to toggle random starting loadouts off, that beginner water flask was a lifesaver in mines with all the poison and fire around.

I mean sure you can empty it and find water, but I would still prefer to always start with a water flask / starting wands.

That has come up a bunch as feedback already; I guess we'll see what we'll do regarding it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I was not expecting a miniboss in the shortcut from the Snowy Depths. Managed to sneak by and then owned myself trying to cross the lava lake

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
New achievements are surprisingly lame.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Found a rock that turns all projectiles into buzz saws.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

oh wow they added a thing in the background of the holy mountain that shows just what your wand is casting in a given shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

"Projectile duplication" maybe ought to copy stuff per mouse click cast, not per spell like it is now. You can't use it with triggers because it duplicates your triggered payload and shoots it off in your face.