Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

let me check my notes...

okay...

edward james olmghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone have the comparison picture of Vogel in the car vs the Ikea monkey? gently caress, I'm losing it just thinking back to that.

That image still cracks me up.

I had it saved for so long but can’t seem to find it.

Time to do some digging.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bring back baby gump for a second run imo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, does anyone have the Cheerios gif of Hanks shoving them in his mouth while in Dexter's apartment?

Hahahaha I remember exactly what you’re talking about.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!
Rediscovered some memories while trying to find Ikea Monkey Vogel (which i did not find)

Sadly, the parking lot gif link is dead.

gently caress you scott buck

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I completely forgot Kenny Johnson was in this. Man, from The Shield to tracking down Hannah... :negative:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 15, 2020

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!
i just remembered there's a goon with a dexter tattoo :hmbol:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't remember who or what chicky hines is but the dialogue in one of the seasons was 80% just people saying these two words over and over again and they are now burned into my mind for the rest of my life

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This reboot will be an abject failure if Masuka isn’t back.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

I cannot find that drat ikea monkey image. I know I had it saved on my old phone and posted it in that season’s thread.

They should do the “it was all a dream” and have Doakes back.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 130 days!

GABA ghoul posted:

I don't remember who or what chicky hines is but the dialogue in one of the seasons was 80% just people saying these two words over and over again and they are now burned into my mind for the rest of my life

this one's got fweebo's name aww ovah it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

chicky hines (lisa needs braces)

he was wrongfully convicted by miguel prado and ellen wolf who did the horrible crime of advocating for her clients got murdered over it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I cannot find that drat ikea monkey image. I know I had it saved on my old phone and posted it in that season’s thread.

They should do the “it was all a dream” and have Doakes back.

I love it. Or just ignore everything after the s5 premiere and work from there.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We’re almost done with the first page and no one has posted the treadmill gif.

Are we even real fans?

Crossposting from the Couch Thread for you goons because I love you

Cael posted:

We'll finally solve the greatest plot thread left hanging!

Rageaholic posted:

This is gonna be so bad, and they definitely won't be able to make it as funny as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

Wait... was "This is Sparta!" guy in Dexter?!?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Wait... was "This is Sparta!" guy in Dexter?!?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034032

It's from the movie Gamer. Basically people can rent their bodies out People on Death Row have their bodies rented out for use as characters in a first person shooter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

big energy

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank god it's been preserved

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Only if Doakes is resurrected and it ends with him strangling Dexter in the middle of the woods.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Lucas Archer posted:

Only if Doakes is resurrected and it ends with him strangling Dexter in the middle of the woods.

I always loved this exchange with the donuts and Doakes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TlGYb0eMvvI

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I always loved this exchange with the donuts and Doakes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TlGYb0eMvvI

Quinn should have been Doakes 2.0

Lotta "shoulda been"'s in this show.

Shoulda been more fallout from Trinity / Dexter as Kyle Butler.

Shoulda been a bigger and sooner reveal to Deb of who Dexter really is.

Shoulda been fewer seasons with half the characters.

SHOULDA BEEN WATCHING HARRISON ON THE TREADMILL, HANNAH!

Edit: let's not forget that Dexter ended the same month as Breaking Bad.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
This show and breaking bad were running at the same time so we always got fun comparisons like this:

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

The more I remember of everything post season 4, the more I relive how it all went to poo poo.

I still can’t with the hurricane being named after the mom.

I also have no idea how Scott Buck continues to be put in charge of things.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░░░██╗  ██╗░░██╗██╗███╗░░██╗███████╗░██████╗
██╔══██╗██║░░██║██║██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝╚██╗░██╔╝  ██║░░██║██║████╗░██║██╔════╝██╔════╝
██║░░╚═╝███████║██║██║░░╚═╝█████═╝░░╚████╔╝░  ███████║██║██╔██╗██║█████╗░░╚█████╗░
██║░░██╗██╔══██║██║██║░░██╗██╔═██╗░░░╚██╔╝░░  ██╔══██║██║██║╚████║██╔══╝░░░╚═══██╗
╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║╚█████╔╝██║░╚██╗░░░██║░░░  ██║░░██║██║██║░╚███║███████╗██████╔╝
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░░  ╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝╚══════╝╚═════╝░

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Between this, COVID, murder hornets and the election, I’m convinced 2020 is trying to kill me

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lmao at all the images in this thread and pre-emptively at the show

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pillowpants posted:

Between this, COVID, murder hornets and the election, I’m convinced 2020 is trying to kill me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1TeziLXjd8

Save us Barry!

edit:

AFewBricksShy posted:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034032

It's from the movie Gamer. Basically people can rent their bodies out People on Death Row have their bodies rented out for use as characters in a first person shooter.
<Looks at the video that obviously states "from the movie Gamer" and somehow just assumed it was from Dexter> Can I say "goddamit goon!" to myself? I am shamed. I really just assumed that Mikey C Hall has done nothing since Dexter. Can't remember him in anything. I only remember seeing Deb in the remake of Rec. Seen Batista a few times in smaller bad guy or cop roles. Same with Doakes. Most the the rest of the cast disappeared.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 15, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DogsInSpace! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1TeziLXjd8

Save us Barry!

edit:

<Looks at the video that obviously states "from the movie Gamer" and somehow just assumed it was from Dexter> Can I say "goddamit goon!" to myself? I am shamed. I really just assumed that Mikey C Hall has done nothing since Dexter. Can't remember him in anything. I only remember seeing Deb in the remake of Rec. Seen Batista a few times in smaller bad guy or cop roles. Same with Doakes. Most the the rest of the cast disappeared.

mch has been doing broadway stuff iirc; he was david bowie in a musical based on the album blackstar but that’s the last i remember hearing about him

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Deb was in Limitless, a series based on the movie which was actually good and cancelled after one season.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If they are willing to resurrect Dexter they could resurrect literally anything next. Game of thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Family Matters, etc.

I wonder what the Urkel actors looks like nowadays. Maybe they can do a Dexter and Urkel crossover

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*crashes into suspects' car, causing thousands of dollars in damages and ensuring you and the suspect both will be entangled in hours of insurance disputes*

"old P.I. trick"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

hey it's the final season, should we give masuka some character development?

yes, he will have a heartwarming reunion with his perpetually nude estranged daughter

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i know what happened here

two words: autoerotic mummyfication

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Declan MacManus posted:

mch has been doing broadway stuff iirc; he was david bowie in a musical based on the album blackstar but that’s the last i remember hearing about him

He also bizarrely did an interview as a David Bowie surrogate around that time

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
this fuckin' show, god drat

my favorite part of the series were when they occasionally toyed with the idea that the HalluciHarry might be an actual ghost. MY WIFE and I still laugh about the last season where Quinn just drives up to Dexter hiding behind a wall, staring at the serial killer, says, "I KNOW WHAT YOURE UP TO. WELL, SEE YA" and drives off.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They'll pull from the novels and have Dexter actually possessed by Moloch as the Dark Passenger.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Watch them come up with a way for Lumen or whatever her name was to make an appearance.

It feels as though I’m already hate watching it. I can’t wait!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I liked how all the previews in season 8 were edited to make it seem like something interesting would happen next episode, then it would turn out the clips were something completely mundane in context

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

God Hole posted:

*crashes into suspects' car, causing thousands of dollars in damages and ensuring you and the suspect both will be entangled in hours of insurance disputes*

"old P.I. trick"

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Quinn just drives up to Dexter hiding behind a wall, staring at the serial killer, says, "I KNOW WHAT YOURE UP TO. WELL, SEE YA" and drives off.

bloom posted:

░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░░░██╗  ██╗░░██╗██╗███╗░░██╗███████╗░██████╗
██╔══██╗██║░░██║██║██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝╚██╗░██╔╝  ██║░░██║██║████╗░██║██╔════╝██╔════╝
██║░░╚═╝███████║██║██║░░╚═╝█████═╝░░╚████╔╝░  ███████║██║██╔██╗██║█████╗░░╚█████╗░
██║░░██╗██╔══██║██║██║░░██╗██╔═██╗░░░╚██╔╝░░  ██╔══██║██║██║╚████║██╔══╝░░░╚═══██╗
╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║╚█████╔╝██║░╚██╗░░░██║░░░  ██║░░██║██║██║░╚███║███████╗██████╔╝
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░░  ╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝╚══════╝╚═════╝░

the joy this thread is bringing me makes the eight seasons worth it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

Can't wait to hate-watch this stupid show again. It needs something as good as Breaking Bad to be airing at the same time for full effect.