Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I’m so jealous. Turnip prices have never been more than a little over 100 on my island this whole time.

One of these days I’ll get a spike and open up. And maybe the connection won’t crap out.

This is me as well. My turnip prices have always been terrible and I just don't bother anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

The funny part is that I sold most of my turnips at 179 this morning, then they shot up to 499.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I've found tracking my turnip prices helpful in figuring out when there will be a spike. This site is a good help:

https://artem6.github.io/acnh_turnips/?locale=en-us

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I use AC Turnip on Android, I think the algorithm that determines a good or a bad week hasn't changed between these games

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I usually do but decided to be lazy these past two weeks since my loans are paid off, then I get this.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Steric Hindrance posted:

So sorry! Reopened, new code: 613KP

Thanks for opening earlier. I made like 8 trips

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So I cracked out on the game when it first came out, played it for a couple weeks, then ended up lending my switch to my mom after she hung out and saw me playing it. She went hard on the game for like two months before moving onto to Tetris, but I just got the switch back and took a look at all the work she did and good lord! You guys gotta peep this poo poo. DA-1771-6531-3696. It's so dope! All l did today was pick a tiny amount of weeds.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Meridian posted:

So I cracked out on the game when it first came out, played it for a couple weeks, then ended up lending my switch to my mom after she hung out and saw me playing it. She went hard on the game for like two months before moving onto to Tetris, but I just got the switch back and took a look at all the work she did and good lord! You guys gotta peep this poo poo. DA-1771-6531-3696. It's so dope! All l did today was pick a tiny amount of weeds.

I’ll pop over later, you’ve got me psyched to see this!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
These are farting sharks!
These are farting sharks!
Sharks go fart in the dead of night!

Come on down to Spoopfarts for the first day of our two-week Hallowversary Bash!

The island of Sharkfarts is becoming more or more spoopy, and my ten-year anniversary is on Sunday, so why not trick-or-treat? Take a right at the airport and walk between the pumpkins to the beach, where a delightful array of mystery gifts await you! Will you unwrap a treat, or be stuck with a trick? Prizes include colored pumpkins, costume items, money, and more! So much more, it's scaaaaaaarrrryyyy. (Limit two per visit. Unwanted prizes can be left in front of Nook's.)

And speaking of "in front of Nook's," if you're too SCARED to grab a mystery gift, you can still walk away with all the free DIYs, clothing, accessories, and furniture you want. No limit to the freebies in front of Nook's!

Inside, the boys are selling a spooky table, book stack, green scale, red diner table, and some circuit board thingy. Pick up a candy, flavored with organic elasmobranch doots! Buy anything you like. Turnips were at 109 last I checked.

Able's has striped pants, flapper dresses, mage dresses, and more! They also have jinbei which is weird, because aren't they a summer thing? Oh, well, I guess it's just PART OF THE HORRROR! The horror of... DISORGANIZATION!

NOTE: Please do not take the items on the left-hand side side the island, the ones that have been dropped among the flower patches. You may, however, touch them if you want to catalog them!

Please do:
- say hi to my villagers (they always remember you!)
- put your custom designs in Able's
- buy anything
- pick yellow flowers
- snag as many fruit as you like
- take as many freebies as you want
- help yourself to a wrapped gift (and if you don't want it, plop it in front of Nook's with the freebies)
- write on the message board
- confront the eldritch horror that lives in the deep (His name is Kipper!)

Please don't:
- pick un-yellow flowers
- mess with the items in the flower beds other than touching
- challenge the sharks to a farting contest, it really fucks with the ecosystem

I will be AFK. It's raining and I'm dressed like Zombie Jackie Kennedy. PM me if it crashes!

Doom Doom Code: closed for DEATH

Say tuned for the Grand Openingversary Pride Party, happening later this week!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 15, 2020

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Do hybrid flowers (yellow hybrid mums for example) show up in your inventory as hybrids, or are they just labelled as yellow mums?

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 15, 2020

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Meridian posted:

I enjoyed my dream visit to Troutleap. Your mom has a great sense of design.

Slugworth posted:

Do hybrid flowers (yellow hybrid mums for example) show up in your inventory as hybrids, or are they just labelled as yellow mums?

Sadly, they just show up as yellow mums.

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 15, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

My boy Leif bringing me a shrub and a flower I didn't have, you da... uh... sloth. Yeah, you da sloth.

Wish he sold fruit too.

edit: Oh hell yes, Ironwood Dresser DIY in my message in a bottle. Today is a goood day.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 15, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Does anyone have blue pansies and/or dark cosmos I could commandeer for Fiorina? They seem to be the last flower types I haven’t been able to grow even with strategic planting.

E: PURPLE pansies gently caress my memory of flowers

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 15, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Does anyone have blue pansies and/or dark cosmos I could commandeer for Fiorina? They seem to be the last flower types I haven’t been able to grow even with strategic planting.

Oh boy howdy do I ever. Drop me a Dodo Code and I can swing by with some. I'll try to remember to watch the thread this time...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Robe posted:

My boy Leif bringing me a shrub and a flower I didn't have, you da... uh... sloth. Yeah, you da sloth.

Wish he sold fruit too.

edit: Oh hell yes, Ironwood Dresser DIY in my message in a bottle. Today is a goood day.

Fruit's not that hard to come by. Plant one, get 3 more.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 15, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone happen to have a spare stegosaurus tail and/or megacerops torso? Those are the only two fossils we're missing. We have things to give!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Are pumpkins gonna keep growing after Halloween, or is there a pumpkin season?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I've never opened up my town for non-friends. Can people transplant flowers for you? I'm missing a few hard to create hybrids and it's kinda ruining the game for me to keep trying to breed them myself.

Also I have a beach littered with DIY plans I'm dying to give away to a player in need.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Geodude posted:

I've never opened up my town for non-friends. Can people transplant flowers for you? I'm missing a few hard to create hybrids and it's kinda ruining the game for me to keep trying to breed them myself.

Also I have a beach littered with DIY plans I'm dying to give away to a player in need.

Visitors can bring flowers and plant them for you, and then you can dig 'em up and move 'em wherever you want.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

UltraRed posted:

Fruit's not that hard to come by. Plant one, get 3 more.

I meant as a way to get the remaining non-native fruit. Since it's literally impossible to get all five types playing solo for some bullshit reason and some of us don't have Switch Online.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Black Robe posted:

I meant as a way to get the remaining non-native fruit. Since it's literally impossible to get all five types playing solo for some bullshit reason and some of us don't have Switch Online.

I think you only need NSO for playing online with other people, but I'm fairly certain you can still send mail. At that length, people can mail you fruit if you have them added.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think you only need NSO for playing online with other people, but I'm fairly certain you can still send mail. At that length, people can mail you fruit if you have them added.

I read you can only send mail to people not on your island once you've visited them or they've visited you? I haven't tried though.

It's not a huge deal for me, I will eventually suck it up and get the subscription, it just seems weird they lock fruit types of all things. Leif will eventually provide the missing flowers so they were willing to compromise for that but apparently fruit is the hill they want to die on.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

Black Robe posted:

You can also go to mystery islands and find the occasional non-native fruit island.

EDIT: My bad, never realized the non-native fruit island is only one type.

Geodude fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 15, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Geodude posted:

You can also go to mystery islands and find the occasional non-native fruit island.

Unless they changed it in a recent update, you will only ever be able to get 1 type of non-native fruit from mystery islands (not counting coconuts), they're all either your native fruit or the 1 designated non-native fruit.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Straight White Shark posted:

Unless they changed it in a recent update, you will only ever be able to get 1 type of non-native fruit from mystery islands (not counting coconuts), they're all either your native fruit or the 1 designated non-native fruit.

To my knowledge at least, that hasn't changed (and if I'm wrong on this, then I'm *happy* to be wrong, because it'd mean an improvement to the game in this respect).

Edit: I love the *poo poo* out of this game. I play it every day. I even have an alt character, for extra mooching around. This game is wonderfully wholesome. Apart from a few aspects that, especially when set against everything else about the game, are strangely lovely.

magimix fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 15, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, the sister fruit only mechanic is still a thing. At least I got a third type of fruit from Mom, it's apparently possible for her to send your sister fruit so you only get two.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Is it me or do the Halloween recipes seem a little light? I really hope the Great Pumpkin that shows up on the 31st has some new stuff to make.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm worried about using all those candy to make some decorations. I can only get 2 a day but I want the candy sets! Doesn't Jack need loads?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Robe posted:

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot before I had switch online. I got switch online specifically so I could visit people in AC.

I never got the sister fruit from any of my mystery tours. I only got coconuts and bamboo.

It especially sucked because my native fruit is pears. I hate pears.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Do you have to wear the Jack costume to get stuff from villagers?

Does the event start in the morning or only in the evening.

As usual, the internet has conflicting info.

Some recipes can only be received during the event. Candy and lollipops for jack.

Just a bit confused on it all.

Looks like I have all the recipes available before the event but not sure how the event itself works.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

UltraRed posted:

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot before I had switch online. I got switch online specifically so I could visit people in AC.

I never got the sister fruit from any of my mystery tours. I only got coconuts and bamboo.

It especially sucked because my native fruit is pears. I hate pears.

Coconuts, oranges, and apples are the only fruit I have seen on the Nook Mile Islands. That just leaves you cherries and peaches to get outside of the island hopping.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also, you can send mail to other people? How does that work? I only see my villagers and my future self.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is CLOSED

We're halfway to Halloween, It's already day 15 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks the Stonkscrow!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?.

Celeste is also here

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license

If you need Pumpkins, please don't pick any near the haunted house

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables has mages' dresses for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 16, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open for candy, costumes and pumpkins!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks! Turnip prices are terrible!

Able Sisters have Raggedy clothes, hockey mask, caveman tank, flapper dress and more!

Renee is making a purple windflower crown!

There are also items and DIY recipes on the beach near Ursala's house! If it's on the ground, it's fair game!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 16, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

UltraRed posted:

Also, you can send mail to other people? How does that work? I only see my villagers and my future self.

You have to have them on your friends list and visit them first

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey guys, my island is open if you want another candy for the day (and tons of free poo poo). Dodo code in the other thread.

On an unrelated note, I found out that you can build a fourth tier but that you’re not allowed to climb it to put stuff on top so what is the loving point? Ugh I was so excited and then so mad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It somehow took me until right now to realize you could place seaweed on the ground. I could've had a gross seaweedy beachfront for months now, :pressf: me :smith:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Captain Hygiene posted:

It somehow took me until right now to realize you could place seaweed on the ground. I could've had a gross seaweedy beachfront for months now, :pressf: me :smith:

I've been decorating my beach rocks with it. It makes squishy noises when you run over it.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Shoutout to the halloween update for allowing me to become Very Cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh dang yeah now I need that orange witch dress. Also Kicks has orange spiderweb tights.