Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

a person has to eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i work for a company that makes sure that nytimes and gop.com stays up. So when are you coming to execute me? LMK so I can leave cookies and milk out.

what are you talking about

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Anyone legitimately interested in the Bosnian war and the other conflicts of former Yugoslavia I heartily recommend to watch the BBC documentary series "The Death of Yugoslavia".

It's pretty wild because it was made in te 90's (before the Kosovo war even) and as such all the main players are in it and they talk quite candidly about all the war crimes they committed. (Including for example Milosevic and the Bosnian Croat guy who poisoned himself in The Hague a while back.)

Here's the first part (there are six):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDADy9b2IBM

woah thanks for this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
people can work for companies that have done lovely things. as a matter of fact, it's nearly impossible to find a job at a company that has never done a lovely thing. talking about how this dude was satan incarnate because of the name of the company he worked for is the exact same take as "but the DEMOCRATS supported slavery in 1864". not saying the pinks are good but dude is just a working class security guard, he's not some secret fascist.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

people can work for companies that have done lovely things. as a matter of fact, it's nearly impossible to find a job at a company that has never done a lovely thing. talking about how this dude was satan incarnate because of the name of the company he worked for is the exact same take as "but the DEMOCRATS supported slavery in 1864". not saying the pinks are good but dude is just a working class security guard, he's not some secret fascist.

just a pig without a badge

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
Anyone who went out of their way to mace and punch the most obvious undercover guy with a gun in Denver probably was looking for a way out of life anyway.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

just a pig without a badge

so no qualified immunity and no free lawyer from FoP. got it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

technically i work for the british government so yeah lmao

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

bump_fn posted:

technically i work for the british government so yeah lmao

I contemplated moving to Edinburgh but decided that under no circumstance would I live under British rule.

So perhaps after indyref 2.0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

doloff acted appropriately. he was security for the press. someone battered and assaulted one of the people he was hired to guard. he intervened, as he should. in return he was battered by an armed assailant, who then further battered him with chemical agents while simultaneously reaching his left arm across his body towards the gun under his right arm. doloff quickly reacted because if he didn't, he was going to be disabled by said pepper spray and probably shot himself. there is no jury in the world that would convict doloff under those facts.

guns never make a situation better. they loving suck. if i had been armed when the guy pulled a gun on me at the protest, someone would have been shot and killed. assaulting and battering armed security and their charges while you have a gun on you, though, is the textbook definition of 'play stupid games and win stupid prizes.'

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
there is no ethical labor under capitalism

but i enjoy the relatively moral-hazard-free environment of keeping websites up too. or at least i don't think we do any chud sites, idk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i've personally been trained as a sentry. doloff did everything that we were taught as well. if i was an armed watchstander on the quarterdeck of my ship and someone with a gun on him came up, slapped another watch stander and then started pepper spraying everyone, i would have been justified in using deadly force.

this poo poo is the harsh reality of living in a heavily armed nation. it loving sucks, but this is the world we're in.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Mr. Nice! posted:

doloff acted appropriately. he was security for the press. someone battered and assaulted one of the people he was hired to guard. he intervened, as he should. in return he was battered by an armed assailant, who then further battered him with chemical agents while simultaneously reaching his left arm across his body towards the gun under his right arm. doloff quickly reacted because if he didn't, he was going to be disabled by said pepper spray and probably shot himself. there is no jury in the world that would convict doloff under those facts.

guns never make a situation better. they loving suck. if i had been armed when the guy pulled a gun on me at the protest, someone would have been shot and killed. assaulting and battering armed security and their charges while you have a gun on you, though, is the textbook definition of 'play stupid games and win stupid prizes.'

No jury's going to get an opportunity to convict him because he's going to be extrajudicially killed in some fashion.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:decorum:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Mr. Nice! posted:

i've personally been trained as a sentry. doloff did everything that we were taught as well. if i was an armed watchstander on the quarterdeck of my ship and someone with a gun on him came up, slapped another watch stander and then started pepper spraying everyone, i would have been justified in using deadly force.

this poo poo is the harsh reality of living in a heavily armed nation. it loving sucks, but this is the world we're in.

what if u were on the poop deck tho?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

on the poop deck, berthing the rear admiral

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Posting from the poop deck

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

deploying the number two depth charge

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

something something dinghy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNFjLzVKVdk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

god drat I haven’t heard an MSI song since like 2006

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

god drat I haven’t heard an MSI song since like 2006

get you a bass player that can do this

lyn-z owns

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

get you a bass player that can do this

lyn-z owns

is that Abby from NCIS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is that Abby from NCIS

its who the old dudes that jerk off to abby from ncis really need

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

is the Twitter main feed homepage dead for the rest of the world or just here? They messed with DJT once too often with their 'fact checking' :o:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

is the Twitter main feed homepage dead for the rest of the world or just here? They messed with DJT once too often with their 'fact checking' :o:

:sickos:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's borked in Canada too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol yep chatter on [outages] and everybody in slack is bitchin. rip bird site

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
thank god i can come to the forums and bitch about twitter being down

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
the internet just has three websites now and most of the content on any of them is talking about the other two.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the internet just has three websites now and most of the content on any of them is talking about the other two.

got anything better to talk about

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
The Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 remake is pretty fun

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

yeah, i need to get back into that. i started playing that new star wars game because i liked the old x-wing games and its p dece too

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
what cdn does tooter use, anyway

you'd think they could withstand literal armies but probably it's just johnny unplugging the BGP router

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

kitten emergency posted:

got anything better to talk about

I bought a weird new webcam that has all manual focus, zoom, and exposure and it's pretty interesting to play with.

Not bad for 55 smackeroos

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

what cdn does tooter use, anyway

you'd think they could withstand literal armies but probably it's just johnny unplugging the BGP router

Somebody told me that a particular CDN that ends in Y is in the pipeline for "periscope" / what is now twitter live, but the rest is all inhouse at the bird company.

Not It

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Jonny 290 posted:

I bought a weird new webcam that has all manual focus, zoom, and exposure and it's pretty interesting to play with.

Not bad for 55 smackeroos

That the cylinder thing Costco is selling? I saw one there yesterday.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I know this isn't the games thread but this is really good. I keep forgetting that my skater isn't 100% maxed out yet but it has the feel of the originals and I love it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nah it's some company that only sells webcams, everything from $13.99 zoom tier "oh god i need a camera" snap ons to $300 industrial process cameras shooting at 2.5k and 60fps

Here's the one I got. It's pretty neat. Solid aluminum housing and lens, and the zoom/focus knobs screw in to lock your settings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZQ6KVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
That's pretty dang cool