Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Midjack posted:

I kinda dgaf what the former site owner does with his life in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
I've said before that I had an account here with credentials I lost and couldn't recover years ago, before finally making this account a month before Yikesaroo. From time to time I remember the fun I had at goon meets and on these dead gay forums in the previous decade, and in all that time I never once thought of Lowtax. I'd like to drink to the idea that once this place has taken a new direction under Jeffrey, I can have a good time in a revitalized site and go for a similarly long time without thinking about Lowtax again.

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

Quoting this so I can say I did on my deathbed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mind the walrus posted:

The narrative conveniently ignores a whole bunch of obvious poo poo like "the teenage crowd from the 00s grew up, the loser extremists got more hardcore, and reddit/facebook/4chan became sinkholes for the edgy 'ironic' racist/fascist/Nazi where they can proliferate with much less pushback, financial, and emotional cost than they ever could on SA."

There's also a crowd that believes we're all full blown nazi homophobes back from the Shmorky Saga. Somehow SA ended up in the middle which is bizarre.

People who can process the bed ridden man walking around but not the trauma victims living lives are a special bunch.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mind the walrus posted:

The narrative conveniently ignores a whole bunch of obvious poo poo like "the teenage crowd from the 00s grew up, the loser extremists got more hardcore, and reddit/facebook/4chan became sinkholes for the edgy 'ironic' racist/fascist/Nazi where they can proliferate with much less pushback, financial, and emotional cost than they ever could on SA."

don't forget "salty lovely posters who were permabanned and need a new place to trade loli and rahowa fanfic"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Brain Curry posted:

I think the narrative in places like kiwi farms and reddit is that SA used to be in your face offensive and then we were all cucked in to becoming SJWs by a bunch of catlady mods.

Googling something awful sjw brings up a lot of links to things like kotaku in action that I’m not clicking on.

There are also places on the internet where we're regarded as the next step away from the alt-right ourselves because we do some "punch down" comedy and allow the occasional slur, or just in general are a place where the fyad thing could happen in the first place.

The fact that two different groups of very tedious people both hate us for the opposite reasons is I think a sign that we're doing an ok job on that front.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 15, 2020

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

alt-righters and other human detritus will gravitate towards Lowtax because, absent a comedy forums to claim ownership over, his entire personality now consists of proactively smearing the multiple women who have accused him of abuse. That's literally all he's got going for him now, and the MRA/MGTOW dweebs eat that kind of internet personality up like it's a $65 Goldbelly cheesecake.

He's already turning into a martyr/figurehead for the hordes of losers who think the same way, you can see it in the sycophantic Facebook comments cropping up on his timeline. These people have zero investment in Lowtax's life now that he's out of SA, but they're still lining up to sniff his rear end in a top hat and lament those horrible golddiggers who definitely conspired to steal away his crippling tax debt, tacky McMansion and leased sports car.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 15, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

I've said before that I had an account here with credentials I lost and couldn't recover years ago, before finally making this account a month before Yikesaroo. From time to time I remember the fun I had at goon meets and on these dead gay forums in the previous decade, and in all that time I never once thought of Lowtax. I'd like to drink to the idea that once this place has taken a new direction under Jeffrey, I can have a good time in a revitalized site and go for a similarly long time without thinking about Lowtax again.

I barely loving saw the guy in 15 years. My sense was always that the heyday of crazy stuff on the forums where he was part of the action was in the past, even in 2005.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I barely loving saw the guy in 15 years. My sense was always that the heyday of crazy stuff on the forums where he was part of the action was in the past, even in 2005.

When I registered (for the filez of course, which promptly got taken offsite), he was barely active except to post some lolrandom poo poo or banme thread. Even then it was mods like OMGWTFBBQ or Ozma picking up the slack on actual engagement

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

loving hell we just need AdventuresWithJesus to post.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Grimoire posted:

When I registered (for the filez of course, which promptly got taken offsite), he was barely active except to post some lolrandom poo poo or banme thread. Even then it was mods like OMGWTFBBQ or Ozma picking up the slack on actual engagement

Remember when Lowtax made some lovely JeffK t-shirts and sold them via a forums announcement where he typed a huge paragraph in LOL bUY THIS SHRIT u JERKS format? That was like last year lol

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Klyith posted:

There are also places on the internet where we're regarded as the next step away from the alt-right ourselves because we do some "punch down" comedy and allow the occasional slur, or just in general are a place where the fyad thing could happen in the first place.

The fact that two different groups of very tedious people both hate us for the opposite reasons is I think a sign that we're doing an ok job on that front.

SA ain't some bastion of SJW like some people might want to think, but no, we don't want to be on the center of this one. "Punch down" comedy and "the occasional slur" are not things worth keeping, nor were they ever.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Midjack posted:

I kinda dgaf what the former site owner does with his life in the future.

It doesn't hurt to have a chance for those that need it to dance on his grave and say their peace though. It's clear that there is a great deal of collective frustration and anger directed at lowtax, as well as Tweedledee and Tweedledum who tried to obfuscate what happened.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sorry I skipped some of the thread. Has Burt hosed off yet, and if so can I see the posts where he gets dunked on?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

It doesn't hurt to have a chance for those that need it to dance on his grave and say their peace though. It's clear that there is a great deal of collective frustration and anger directed at lowtax, as well as Tweedledee and Tweedledum who tried to obfuscate what happened.

Yeah there's a lot of poop touching going on right now but it's understandable, this place got hosed over by him for a long time.

I hope it winds down soon, im just glad he's gone and I want his legacy to be "guy whose legacy is swept under the rug and forgotten forever as a new age of posting bliss arrives for SomethingAwful under its new owner"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
I can attest to SA not being a bastion of Social Justice Warriors because my spouse posted an Ask/Tell about being genderqueer only three years ago and she was told multiple times to kill herself as well as being bought several red texts and the mods did absolutely nothing about it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I can attest to SA not being a bastion of Social Justice Warriors because my spouse posted an Ask/Tell about being genderqueer only three years ago and she was told multiple times to kill herself as well as being bought several red texts and the mods did absolutely nothing about it.

Try using the C word, even in context, around the forums and see if you don't catch a probe for using 'gendered language.'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Linux Pirate posted:

Sorry I skipped some of the thread. Has Burt hosed off yet, and if so can I see the posts where he gets dunked on?

They are still refusing to ban him for some reason even though he just posts on his "wife's" account

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

lite_sleepr posted:

Try using the C word, even in context, around the forums and see if you don't catch a probe for using 'gendered language.'

As much as clueless or sanctimonious foreigners like to pretend it isn't, using a term for female anatomy as an insult is misogynistic.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

lite_sleepr posted:

Oh no, I can't say the c word without getting in to trouble. Should I stop saying the c word? No, it is the mods who are wrong.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how that was a response to what I had been talking about.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

gonna double down on this dumb rear end derail in the congrats Jeffrey thread

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
how dare we attempt to improve ourselves, gently caress

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Go to QCS

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I really hope everyone who dumped on someone like that was banned or at least that doesn't happen anymore. SA has a lot of awful poo poo in the past but I like to think we're getting better.
wrt not being able to say the C word: why do people get so upset over things like this? It's a single word. I can rationalize it as that people with universal privilege think any limit is an existential attack- but for fucks sakes, come on now it's one goddamn word. The sum total of words I cna't say is like... four.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Look, I know your spouse was told to kill themselves because of how they identify as a person, but have you thought about how hard it is not to use the C-word?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dillbag posted:

Has anyone entertained the thought that GameQuoter is a Lowtax alt?

how dare you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Time for goldmine?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Time for goldmine?

nice call \/\/\/

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 16, 2020

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Fun fact: That monster's name was "Baron Von Blubba"
I don't know why I remember that.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Time for goldmine?

yes please

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Thread is going off in weird tangents and there is already two other threads for discussing our deposed dictator.

I agree. Goldmine.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

this thread could've been goldmined after about 4 posts

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

We could all leave photoshop open next to this thread, maybe the warm glow will guide them home.

Lowtax posted:

Truly the look of women who claim to have been abused and want to move on in their lives

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Frank Frank posted:

I’m pretty sure I remember someone owning up to being GameQuoter but saying the account was “retired”when the gimmick got stale - within the last year or so. Tried looking for the thread but couldn’t find it. I think it was one of those PYF threads pertaining to SA History.

Are you also FrankeeFrankFrank? Please come home if so, we miss you.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jason Sextro posted:

this thread could've been goldmined after about 4 posts

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How is he still making 560 a month from Patreon

Did all of those people forget they were giving money to him

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some definitely did. Some are CHUDs/Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1315314030429569024?s=20