Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Scythe Fuma 2 is the cooler to get for the NR200. I don't think it fits if you plan to use the glass panel though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Butterfly Valley posted:

Fuma 2 blocks the back top case fan, which isn't the worst thing in the world but something to consider.

This is going to depend on a) motherboard socket placement and b) which direction you install the cooler. I've seen pictures of people getting a top fan over it on gigabyte mbs (which are sort of a worst case scenario) as long as they have installed such that there isn't room for a fan on the back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/i8xq9p/fuma_2_in_nr200_fits_with_2x_120_fans_on_top/

Then again tolerances might be so tight it varies from unit to unit. It's something I'm going to try so I'll report back I guess.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

abraham linksys posted:

amazon isn't giving me that option in their little return wizard, probably because it's not a great move to leave packages sitting on your porch here, sadly. hopefully by the end of january we're either over our inevitable second wave of covid or so in-the-midst-of-it i can convince amazon to grant an extension, though

I think the return options it gives you depends on the reason for return. I usually pick "item defective" and just give whatever lame reason. Amazon can afford to take care of your return for you. You can say the case was too big or you have fans that don't fit in it or something lmao.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been wanting to downsize my ATX Mid Tower (eVGA 1080ti w/ watercool block, core i9 with water cooling AIO) and I'm ok giving up the water cool block for case size.

Looks like the NR200 is pretty popular, but I'm wondering what the goto goon recommended options are for case and for motherboard/power supplies in this space?

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Gyshall posted:

I've been wanting to downsize my ATX Mid Tower (eVGA 1080ti w/ watercool block, core i9 with water cooling AIO) and I'm ok giving up the water cool block for case size.

Looks like the NR200 is pretty popular, but I'm wondering what the goto goon recommended options are for case and for motherboard/power supplies in this space?

SFX/SFX-L only unless you wanna 3d print the atx power supply bracket
I think it can fit an matx motherboard but it's not officially supported

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
https://www.newegg.com/white-grey-cooler-master-masterbox-nr200p-white-small-form-factor-mini-itx/p/N82E16811119404

The White NR200P seems to be in stock at Newegg currently.

I am holding off on building something, but have been staring at this thing.

Edit: Black in stock too.

https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-masterbox-nr200p-small-form-factor-mini-itx/p/N82E16811119403

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Question about the NR200 - if you attach a 3.5" to the PSU cage, can you still fit in a 2x120 AIO?

What about with the 3D printed ATX PSU cage?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Moey posted:

https://www.newegg.com/white-grey-cooler-master-masterbox-nr200p-white-small-form-factor-mini-itx/p/N82E16811119404

The White NR200P seems to be in stock at Newegg currently.

I am holding off on building something, but have been staring at this thing.

Edit: Black in stock too.

https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-masterbox-nr200p-small-form-factor-mini-itx/p/N82E16811119403

Almost ordered that when I saw a UK option, until I realised they still ship from the US and it basically doubled the price, noooope.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ordered a NR200p off of newegg

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

Ordered a NR200p off of newegg

Same here, picking it up for a spare computer that my fiance wants to use for VR. 4790k will live on!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Managed to snag an SF750 from micro center today. huzzah.

Now I just need to buy a cpu and wait for my case to come in. (Well, and my ram/ssd, but those will come before the case)

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Update for anyone considering ShopBLT.com for an SF750. I ordered one on Sep 2nd and it was eventually delivered today after several emails pushing the delivery date back. So it took a while but it did get there.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

NoDamage posted:

Update for anyone considering ShopBLT.com for an SF750. I ordered one on Sep 2nd and it was eventually delivered today after several emails pushing the delivery date back. So it took a while but it did get there.

Got mine in yesterday, as well, after ordering it around the same time as you. Looks like BLT was on to something with their queue system, given all the other high profile launches lately!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

Managed to snag an SF750 from micro center today. huzzah.

Now I just need to buy a cpu and wait for my case to come in. (Well, and my ram/ssd, but those will come before the case)

Hey, the hard part is done at least, unless you're also searching for a 3080.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Little old me looking to get an NR200, 3080 FE, 5900X, and SF750.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

ijyt posted:

Pretty much the same build I'm going for except the FE part. Got the nr200 and the sf750, hopefully dell won't gently caress me on my 3080 order (they will).

Then I get to decide whether to spend $240 on A12x25s or roll the dice on fan noise with arctic p12s. I'm so dumb this is gonna cost like a million dollars if I can even get a gpu.

Why do I want a computer built entirely from unobtanium?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
A12x25 all day.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VorpalFish posted:

Got the nr200

...spend $240 on A12x25s

Where are you planning on putting 8 fans in the nr200

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Butterfly Valley posted:

Where are you planning on putting 8 fans in the nr200

Whoops, I can't do math - would be $200ish for 6 after tax.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ijyt posted:

Yeah this is me but Ncase M1, at least I got the 3080.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm also strongly considering the ASUS Crosshair Impact over the Strix X570-I just for that flashback (and admittedly better organised cable terminations).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Warmachine posted:

The 3080 has been sitting in a box on my bookshelf for 3 weeks now.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ijyt posted:

Check (tempered glass version of course), check, not sure yet but I am waiting for the reviews, says 10/26 for the warehouse to actually get which would be fine.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 19, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Check (tempered glass version of course), check, not sure yet but I am waiting for the reviews, says 10/26 for the warehouse to actually get which would be fine.

I'm not super worried about the case and PSU, as I've got my full tower and ATX one to use in the meantime, but lordy do I wish I had the 3080 in-hand so I wouldn't have two recently released components to worry about.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Finally started ordering stuff for my CPU upgrade :toot: The item I thought would take the longest to ship arrived today, the ID-COOLING IS-60 CPU cooler. Waiting on a Noctua NF-A12x15 to replace the stock cooler's and RAM currently, and will be taking a trip to a Microcenter in November to save like $65 over the online options for a 3700X + Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro :supaburn:

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Finally started ordering stuff for my CPU upgrade :toot: The item I thought would take the longest to ship arrived today, the ID-COOLING IS-60 CPU cooler. Waiting on a Noctua NF-A12x15 to replace the stock cooler's and RAM currently, and will be taking a trip to a Microcenter in November to save like $65 over the online options for a 3700X + Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro :supaburn:

Just one thing wïh the is-60, the mounting bracket isn't Noctua quality, you can't just screw all the way. It's a decent hsf otherwise though, best I could find in that height.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 19, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NR200P arrived :toot:

But Corsair havnt shipped my PSU yet :negative:

So in the mean time...what is the "optimal" fan placement for this case?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Most arrangements work and the difference is a couple of degrees between different configurations, but from watching a lot of people way more meticulous than me testing these things, 2x exhaust fans on top, cpu cooler exhausting out the back, extra fans as intake on the bottom if you want.

This top video channel goes into way more detail than you'd ever need and the guy has a weird voice but he's meticulous in his testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZxU_wlhB0

This video shows that most builds are generally fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k1B2tai1yg

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 19, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Most arrangements work and the difference is a couple of degrees between different configurations, but from watching a lot of people way more meticulous than me testing these things, 2x exhaust fans on top, cpu cooler exhausting out the back, extra fans as intake on the bottom if you want.

This top video channel goes into way more detail than you'd ever need and the guy has a weird voice but he's meticulous in his testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZxU_wlhB0

This video shows that most builds are generally fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k1B2tai1yg

Cheers,

Im torn on what to put in it.

I currently have a H100i SE 280mm AIO, so if i put that in i would probably have 2 exhaust at the top. Then potentially put the fans that came with the case on the bottom, or one on the bottom and 1 on the rear (bottom one as intake, rear as outtake).

The other option is to use the AMD Ryzen stock cooler and just have the two fans one exhaust on top and 1 rear

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The rear fan mount is only 90mm and the two fans that come with the nr200p are 120mm so that's out. I think 280mm AIOs have to go on the side panel, so you could do that with the two case fans as a bottom intake and top exhaust.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

The rear fan mount is only 90mm and the two fans that come with the nr200p are 120mm so that's out. I think 280mm AIOs have to go on the side panel, so you could do that with the two case fans as a bottom intake and top exhaust.

Yeah the only annoying thing about that is id have to commit to the side mount. Which im not sure about as ive not settled on if i want the mesh or the glass panel yet.

I might buy a 90mm fan from somewhere.

Eh. Yeah i think the 280mm AIO is a bit too big for what i want to do. Looks like another part to sell off.

Gonna try initially with the stock Ryzen with a 92mm on the back as exhaust and 2 exhausts on top and see how that goes.

Or rather, initially have no back exhaust and just have the two on top.

Oh, the AIO i have is a 240mm, not a 280

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 19, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Still. I think I might air cool this case. The insane amount of cables on the aio might make cable mgmt a nightmare

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Buy a case with no side window. Problem solved.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Romes128 posted:

Buy a case with no side window. Problem solved.

I have a case with no side window....the NR200p has the option of a perforated window or a tempered glass

But I can't be dealing with lovely cable management

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

I have a case with no side window....the NR200p has the option of a perforated window or a tempered glass

But I can't be dealing with lovely cable management

I was just joshing

I got a SM580 and I can still see through the perforations so I cable managed the heck out of it. As best as can be done with that case anyway.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Romes128 posted:

I was just joshing

I got a SM580 and I can still see through the perforations so I cable managed the heck out of it. As best as can be done with that case anyway.

Ah I see. Id posted a reem of nonsense so the original post might have been missed

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I have my node 202 on a shelf that's about 11-12 inches deep - it fits just enough so that it won't topple over and kill me.

It also burns with the heat of a thousand suns only kept in check by aggressive undervolting. Is there a case out there that can fit on the shelf? It seems like every case is obsessed with fitting a 3090 so they're all a bit too long to fit. Do I have to rotate this sumbitch?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kunabomber posted:

I have my node 202 on a shelf that's about 11-12 inches deep - it fits just enough so that it won't topple over and kill me.

It also burns with the heat of a thousand suns only kept in check by aggressive undervolting. Is there a case out there that can fit on the shelf? It seems like every case is obsessed with fitting a 3090 so they're all a bit too long to fit. Do I have to rotate this sumbitch?

Sliger CL530 has similar dimensions to the 202 and can fit a triple slot card.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

HalloKitty posted:

Just one thing wïh the is-60, the mounting bracket isn't Noctua quality, you can't just screw all the way. It's a decent hsf otherwise though, best I could find in that height.

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up. I guess just screw it in so that it's tight but the motherboard isn't bending under the tension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kunabomber posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AddRvGWJ_f4B6UC7_IftDiVudVc8CJ8sxLUqlxVsCz4/edit

This spreadsheet is handy for these sorts of questions; Use a custom filter view to exclude taboo (do this by excluding any cases hilighted in blue, unless you're cool with the sketchiest of sketchy Chinese offerings), and then sort by case length; anything under 300 mm ought to work out for you?