Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Virigoth posted:

My church installed self service tire altars and they stop people from blocking the road by the auto bays and it is great
:yossame:

If they don't have a hookup you might be able to roll up to auto services and ask for a quick top off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

We had those at work, and I thought it was about the most uncomfortable chair I had ever used after sitting in it for more than 45 minutes or so.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I love their tinned salmon, mackerel and sardines

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Virigoth posted:

My church installed self service tire altars and they stop people from blocking the road by the auto bays and it is great

Also they're really nice. Pick a pressure and the machine will get it there, up or down. Just connect, wait, beep beep beep and move to the next one.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FCKGW posted:

This one here, it's $99 in store: https://www.costco.com/bayside-furnishings-metrex-iv-mesh-office-chair.product.100522611.html

I had a HM Mirra chair with a bad seat pan so I bought this one. A little to narrow for my tastes so I gave it to the wife and she loves it. Pretty comfortable and the folding arms mean we can actually fit it under the desk.

I'm currently sitting in one of these chairs and have used it as my work and gaming chair for...3-4 years now? It's a really solid chair. My one and only complaint is that it squeaks like the dickens when I lean back, and no amount of spray lubricant will make its way into the part of the mechanism that squeaks so I'm going to have to take it apart to do so which I haven't yet resorted to since it's a pain in the rear end.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I have procured the Bitchin sauce. And a poo poo ton of Anchor Steam.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I stopped by costco today to get some avocados and went looking for the ramen that you guys post about. But I couldn't find any at all. Also sherpas still aren't out which seems weird. I'm in MN and next week forecast is below freezing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Thinking of picking up the Weber Genesis II s-345 bundle at my Co tonight. My last grill ripped and with winter coming charcoal is a pain in the dick. Anyone have experience with it?

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Virigoth posted:

Thinking of picking up the Weber Genesis II s-345 bundle at my Co tonight. My last grill ripped and with winter coming charcoal is a pain in the dick. Anyone have experience with it?

I have a 12 year old Genesis three burner. Not the same model and all but it’s the propane equivalent of a brick shithouse, I don’t think you’ll regret the purchase.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

ended up doing kimchi jigae and that red braised pork is next on my list.

but, uh, I made too much. I started with 1/3 of the costco pork belly (so like, 3.5 pounds) and froze the other 2/3 and ended up having to split it from my 7 qt dutch oven into a separate stockpot. I'll freeze a bunch but lol guess I'm gonna be having kimchi jigae for a while.

the pork belly is great in that!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DkHelmet posted:

I have a 12 year old Genesis three burner. Not the same model and all but it’s the propane equivalent of a brick shithouse, I don’t think you’ll regret the purchase.

Brought it home last night I’ll give a trip report this weekend. The manager was telling me they’ve been trying to get Weber for 25 years and after the pilot Weber was like gently caress yeah so now they’ll have them year round. I also bought my father in law the beer advent calendar so I hope it doesn’t suck this year.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First time going back after reupping my membership: trip report

Got a shitload of jerky, those salted chocolate caramel things, looked for a fleece blanket but no dice. Not sure if they have been discussed before but I got a premade chicken tikka masala pack that was effing delicious. Like almost as good as restaurant quality and way better than any other premade I've had. Also got a pack of the butter chicken and I'm excited to try that too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

who's your crawdaddy posted:

Not sure if they have been discussed before but I got a premade chicken tikka masala pack that was effing delicious. Like almost as good as restaurant quality and way better than any other premade I've had. Also got a pack of the butter chicken and I'm excited to try that too.

Not those Tasty Bite ones right? Those didn't have any meat in them. What do these look like and where did you find them because I could really use some decent Indian food since we don't have anywhere around here.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Not sure if they have been discussed before but I got a premade chicken tikka masala pack that was effing delicious. Like almost as good as restaurant quality and way better than any other premade I've had. Also got a pack of the butter chicken and I'm excited to try that too.

the Sukhi's tikka? It's great. I bought the coconut chicken one but haven't tried it yet.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

DkHelmet posted:

The best thing about Webers, is getting parts for it years and decades down the road. I got a Q portable unit back when they first came out in 2003, and it's still grilling up steaks, burgers and chicken to this day, I had to replace 3 parts in 17 years, new igniter, new gas element and a new regulator and that was it and it wasn't an issue even though my specific model was replaced years later.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My dad has a Weber from at least the 90s. We had it when I was a kid. A few years ago he repainted it and it looks and works excellently.

When I got my house I bought a Char-Broil though because those are half the cost. It works just fine, but it's no Weber.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Webers are loving bulletproof and one of the few grill brands worth the price premium.

This Louisiana grill I bought from Costco last year is a piece of poo poo and all of the paint is peeling off. There's a reason why they went back to selling Traeger.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At my parent's house they live in now they used to have a gas grill connected directly to the gas line which was just perfectly convenient. He almost never used it though. In fact got it removed when they got a new patio.

Weber supremacy.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I got my house I bought a Char-Broil though because those are half the cost. It works just fine, but it's no Weber.

Same. Bought one in 2006 and used it up until a couple years ago when I swapped out for a 22" Weber charcoal for some reason that probably sounded good at the time. Everything I do with the Weber is amazing, but I miss the gas convenience of 3-minute hot dogs.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I said the same earlier in the thread and had goons piling on me for said opinion. But I agree they are extremely good.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Has anyone bought a cat tree at Costco? Mine seems to have some that are nice looking but preassembled, that I can't find online. I unfortunately have a sedan so I don't really have the space to bring the entire thing home. Is my best bet just to ask a friend with a truck/larger car to help out?

These are the ones i'm talking about :

Yes, these are the ones I was talking about a couple of weeks ago! They're great and my lazy dude loves his.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I have a question about Costco alcohol.

There was mention of Kirkland Boozy Seltzer. I'm a seltzer fan, I'll give it a try, says I.
I went to my Costco and I didn't see it. Then I thought about it.

I'm in Texas. We have a liquor store attached to the Costco for the hard stuff and the 'Co itself sells beer and wine. BUT, I don't recall ever seeing Kirkland brand alcoholic drinks here (I haven't really paid attention). I know there's something about this setup not being able to sell Kirkland labelled alcohol but I'm not really clear on it. Am I doomed to never sample the sweet sweet nectar of the church made seltzer?

That was way too many words to say: I'm in Texas, I don't see the boozy seltzer, are we allowed to have it.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
In Texas the attached liquor stores don't have any Kirkland products because they are still state run.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Not those Tasty Bite ones right? Those didn't have any meat in them. What do these look like and where did you find them because I could really use some decent Indian food since we don't have anywhere around here.

The tastybites are vegetarian but still pretty good and worth it. My wife is half Indian and vegetarian and she approves. Our lazy day lunch plan is make a thing of basmati rice and toss the premade bag into it, just 15~ mins or whatever on the rice and 1min in the microwave for the bag. Quick easy cheap and tasty.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I feel like the Sukhi's chicken coconut curry is better than the chicken tikka or butter chicken, but all of them make me pretty happy. There is an Indian place a few blocks from me that is better, but with covid it is nice not having to deal with going into a restaurant.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Irradiation posted:

In Texas the attached liquor stores don't have any Kirkland products because they are still state run.

That's what I thought, but does that stop the Costco from stocking the seltzer inside the warehouse store (not the liquor store)?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Lobsterboy posted:

The tastybites are vegetarian but still pretty good and worth it. My wife is half Indian and vegetarian and she approves. Our lazy day lunch plan is make a thing of basmati rice and toss the premade bag into it, just 15~ mins or whatever on the rice and 1min in the microwave for the bag. Quick easy cheap and tasty.

I throw in a couple drops of hot sauce to bring up the heat level on the tikka masala. I've been using The Last Dab carolina reaper flavor and it doesn't affect the flavor much but adds kick. I've got a bottle of Assam hot sauce I want to try next.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

FogHelmut posted:

Webers are loving bulletproof and one of the few grill brands worth the price premium.

This Louisiana grill I bought from Costco last year is a piece of poo poo and all of the paint is peeling off. There's a reason why they went back to selling Traeger.
Counterpoint: my 31" kamado style Louisiana grill is doing great.

Seems just as good as big green egg or kamado joe and was like 1/2 the price of those on sale.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

topenga posted:

That's what I thought, but does that stop the Costco from stocking the seltzer inside the warehouse store (not the liquor store)?

They sell other brands of hard seltzer in regular stores so I don't see why they couldn't. I've never seen it at my Costco, but I've also never really looked for it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Coredump posted:

I said the same earlier in the thread and had goons piling on me for said opinion. But I agree they are extremely good.

People don't like those? I can't imagine how they are legitimately amazing albeit a bit expensive and you get a very generous portion of chicken in each bag.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Sukhi's ones like others have mentioned. Here's what the package looked like.
https://sukhis.com/product/chicken-tikka-masala-4/

They were in a refrigerated section. In my store they were adjacent to/behind the fridge shelf with the cheese. Like they were in the same fridge shelf unit just on the opposite side/one aisle over if that makes sense.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Those are awesome. I get one every trip.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Sukhi's ones like others have mentioned. Here's what the package looked like.
https://sukhis.com/product/chicken-tikka-masala-4/

They were in a refrigerated section. In my store they were adjacent to/behind the fridge shelf with the cheese. Like they were in the same fridge shelf unit just on the opposite side/one aisle over if that makes sense.

Excellent! I think I may have seen those before. Thank you.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

drat

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Got that 6 pound Kirkland beef lasagna from the frozen section last Saturday and tossed it in the oven today.

Only 4 pounds left!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol I bought a 2 lb summer sausage for $9.99. I tossed a few slices in the frying pan like SPAM.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I always look at that summer sausage but I could never finish it

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FogHelmut posted:

Lol I bought a 2 lb summer sausage for $9.99. I tossed a few slices in the frying pan like SPAM.

Do they have shelf stable summer sausage? That stuff is my jam for camping/hiking.

I bought a sherpa throw and am loving this thing. It's the perfect size for lounging on the couch and is SUPER warm.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

The machine at my local store has been on every time I went. An elderly man was playing when I went last night. I'm so tempted to buy one, but I figure if I really want to play some of those games, I could just buy a Namco collection for a fraction of the price and it wouldn't take up so much room. But it's always so tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do they have shelf stable summer sausage? That stuff is my jam for camping/hiking.

I bought a sherpa throw and am loving this thing. It's the perfect size for lounging on the couch and is SUPER warm.

Yeah but you gotta refrigerate it after opening or eat 2lbs all in one go.

I cut it in half and threw one side in a bag in the freezer.