Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Belan posted:

Marine's 3d model is getting some good use in this drinking stream. Lotta swaying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAEAwUcjLIU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1316823908377522177

Girls are hooked

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The anti-holos are going to easily figure out she has been secretly hanging around Coco.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

trucutru posted:

The anti-holos are going to easily figure out she has been secretly hanging around Coco.

To be fair, that could easily have been Artia as well. Or Kiara!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

trucutru posted:

Miko, on the other hand, got bullied IRL by Pekora (bad peko!) for her voice and babbling. That's how unique it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je94xBYiC1k

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I thought they set-up some kind of Steam play, or local network emulator, but no, Subaru will just straight up visit Kiara in her home and they will play it on one computer lol.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Ah to be in a country where they've actually controlled Corona and you can go inside people's houses still.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I read a few months ago that while Japan is controlling it a lot better than some countries, they also don't report cases very well either. So while it's leagues better than the US, it's impossible to really say how good it actually is because people and the press don't talk about it. A few streamers have been out sick with undisclosed illnesses and I often wonder if it's the Rona.

E: actually looks like they really did beat it. Here's a cool article
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53188847

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Talorat posted:

Ah to be in a country where they've actually controlled Corona and you can go inside people's houses still.

Weird thing to say when they pretended nothing was wrong up until the exact point the Olympic commitee decided to postpone and their initial response was "the government will provide one disposable mask to each household"

I mean in comparison to the US anything is better but come on lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brunom1 posted:

Like, for Pekora, even if she's kind of a shut-in, she still goes out once in a while and I don't think her famous laugh is an affectation for how consistent she is with it. And that not even looking at the risk of saying a random "peko" out of habit.

Apparently Pekora's family just does not watch that stuff, and think she is a neet who somehow makes money. And she does do the random peko's out of habit when meeting with people sometimes.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
If my awkward young female child that never left her room but occasionally screams and has an impressive computer setup with webcam suddenly started making a bunch of money I don't think I'd ask any questions either.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

If my awkward young female child that never left her room but occasionally screams and has an impressive computer setup with webcam suddenly started making a bunch of money I don't think I'd ask any questions either.

You wouldn't want to know the answer half the time :v:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently Pekora's family just does not watch that stuff, and think she is a neet who somehow makes money. And she does do the random peko's out of habit when meeting with people sometimes.

Pekora is really wholesome and interesting, I like it when still in character she levels with you as a real person talking about real person things and its great because you can definitely sense the person behind the facade there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SpartanIvy posted:

The room is sound-proofed. And that plus the super PC is just your typical NEET thing.

I'm sure she has told them she's not doing anything wrong.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Streaming from her room is one thing but I wonder what Pekora tells her family when she goes to the studio for 3D collabs.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh, I'm aware that her family thinks she's a neet (and she promised to tell them what's what when she reaches 1mil subs), but I was thinking more of regular folks out in the street recognizing her due to a random peko or an "arrow laugh".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sindai posted:

Streaming from her room is one thing but I wonder what Pekora tells her family when she goes to the studio for 3D collabs.

"I gotta go do work stuff now"

They know she works, it's just very specifically being the Vtuber Pekora they don't know about.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

-Ittekimasu!
-Itterasshai.

Like, she's not actually a moon rabbit, she's a regular adult.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's 2AM and our NEET daughter keeps yelling about a "Pekora baby"

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

trucutru posted:

-Ittekimasu!
-Itterasshai.

Like, she's not actually a moon rabbit, she's a regular adult.

-Mom, pick me up at the station, my Suica is empty and I don't have any bills to charge it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part about Miko is really just how unrelentingly gay she is and I stna her for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S5E41mrTEo
When she says "issei", you just hear the disgust at the idea of a boyfriend.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
one day trigger will release turning girls v2 and kaeru will be the most successfuly of the bunch with a frog girl live2d model

seriously where are the frog girls we have 2 sharks and multiple felines

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

amelia's suddenly doing a drawing stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icT5nkMuo_s

also calli's older JP study streams got privated? amelia's is still up

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Patware posted:

amelia's suddenly doing a drawing stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icT5nkMuo_s

also calli's older JP study streams got privated? amelia's is still up

Apparently it's copyright problems regarding the JLPT questions. Of course it was brought up by Antis.
-e-
Ina's is privated, too.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 16, 2020

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

Apparently it's copyright problems regarding the JLPT questions. Of course it was brought up by Antis.
-e-
Ina's is privated, too.

From what I understand terms of service basically said you couldn't present the material for profit (i.e. sell it), but with youtube and monetization it's kind of a weird situation, so Cover just yanked it just to be safe. Ironically enough this is one of the situations discussed earlier where an indie joining an agency like Hololive can save them time/effort to deal with.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

SpartanIvy posted:

tbf shes like at least in her mid to late 20s lol

also she has (as a person) been streaming for like 6 years? I think? maybe more

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 16, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cStV3aYteU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

I love how Calli is like, almost like she's reading from a script but this is also obviously ad libbed, she's talented.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Eej posted:

Weird thing to say when they pretended nothing was wrong up until the exact point the Olympic commitee decided to postpone and their initial response was "the government will provide one disposable mask to each household"

Two washable masks, but yeah, lol. Also the masks are tiny and objectively worse than anything you can buy in a conbini or on the internet.

Japan's main saving grace with regards to the pandemic is that people were already used to wearing masks in public. The official government response has been fairly lackluster, and far less proactive than say many European countries.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_EoWObwGWU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Gura to chat: "Stay thirsty my friends."

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Raenir Salazar posted:

I love how Calli is like, almost like she's reading from a script but this is also obviously ad libbed, she's talented.

I was thinking this at the beginning of their Minecraft collab with Kiara, her "hey guys what's up... Nonononono sssssssss*boom*" totally sounded like a scripted bit but nope, she just got blown up while doing their intro because they started at night.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

junan_paalla posted:

I was thinking this at the beginning of their Minecraft collab with Kiara, her "hey guys what's up... Nonononono sssssssss*boom*" totally sounded like a scripted bit but nope, she just got blown up while doing their intro because they started at night.

It's maybe my favorite Vtuber moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbfSlGJ6sAw&t=80s

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How long until we get type moon or someone doing a promotional event with a licensed character, like saber for example, as a vtuber.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kadokawa did a series of vids where Uzaki-chan did her schtick as a vtuber.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/chisuramen/status/1308900618204049412?s=20

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The fact that people legit think Calli sounds stilted, when it's a pretty clear part of her Grim Reaper bit, speaks wonders as to her surprisingly good acting imo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She was stilted in and out of character but she's a lot better at it now

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Stairmaster posted:

How long until we get type moon or someone doing a promotional event with a licensed character, like saber for example, as a vtuber.

They literally already did something like this with the promotion for the Fate/Extra remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They did a vlogger nero bit for April fool's like five years ago but that's a bit different conceptually