Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This thread feels like a greatest hits of old Dexter threads. It would be hilarious if the next season was the quality of the first few but relied on the viewer watching the bad seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Quinn just drives up to Dexter hiding behind a wall, staring at the serial killer, says, "I KNOW WHAT YOURE UP TO. WELL, SEE YA" and drives off.

I enjoyed the fan theory that Quinn knew exactly what Dexter was up to but didn't give a poo poo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

GABA ghoul posted:

If they are willing to resurrect Dexter they could resurrect literally anything next. Game of thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Family Matters, etc.

I wonder what the Urkel actors looks like nowadays. Maybe they can do a Dexter and Urkel crossover

They need to bring back the Shield, which ended with Vic Mackey "winning" by being put on a desk job at a professional federal agency* with the implicit understanding that he was too much of a wild card to ever see field service again.

*ICE, lol how times change.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They need to bring back the Shield, which ended with Vic Mackey "winning" by being put on a desk job at a professional federal agency* with the implicit understanding that he was too much of a wild card to ever see field service again.

I've loved a lot of shows, but The Shield might be my favourite, and it had THE BEST ending.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
This thread makes Dexter seem a lot more fun than it was. It wasn't even fun to hatewatch. It was boring 95% of the time. Game of Thrones was fun to hate watch, not this.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Nail Rat posted:

He also bizarrely did an interview as a David Bowie surrogate around that time

that was because david bowie was dying of cancer and looked like poo poo but it was pretty loving weird

anyways remember that dude who paid off his debts to his bookie by killing other people who owe that bookie money? that sure was loving stupid and makes no sense

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've loved a lot of shows, but The Shield might be my favourite, and it had THE BEST ending.

Which is why it needs to comeback. The ending is broken if show ICE becomes our ICE where Vic would be management material.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Friend do I have some good news for you :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wu3vUxQiqk

:barf:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Next season will be dexter coming out of retirement to save the world from super rape club v2 - the Trump kids

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I am v happy this thread exists

in fact I am going to sticky it for a while

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Laguerta bench

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

https://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/SellingTheBoat.shtml

you can go to the place where they had the most meaningful scene in season 8 and arguably the happiest day of dexter's life

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

His boat being called Slice of Life was pretty spot on, though.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

hahaha jesus christ i completely forgot mos def was in this show

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"Would you expect a chair to suddenly become a table?"

And then Deb spent the season wanting to bone her brother.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

I never thought this was a 'Mackey is in hell now' ending. People in desk jobs can still wield tremendous power and it would not be long before someone high up in ICE would come to him as their guy who gets poo poo done. Only death would stop Vic Mackey, even if sentenced to life in jail he would find a way to run a cell block.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Dazerbeams posted:

"Would you expect a chair to suddenly become a table?"

And then Deb spent the season wanting to bone her brother.

Wasn't it made even weirder because, by the time they did that plot line, Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter were divorced?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CeeJee posted:

I never thought this was a 'Mackey is in hell now' ending. People in desk jobs can still wield tremendous power and it would not be long before someone high up in ICE would come to him as their guy who gets poo poo done. Only death would stop Vic Mackey, even if sentenced to life in jail he would find a way to run a cell block.

Since the entire office either knows or will know that Vic is essentially a criminal/murderer, I can't see this happening.

And yes, I know "ICE" and all, today, he'd fit right in, but in the context of the show, they (ICE) are the good guys who likely look down quite a bit on cop killers.

Vic Mackey is in bureaucratic hell, without a trace of his family.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some bust on that guy posted:

This thread makes Dexter seem a lot more fun than it was. It wasn't even fun to hatewatch. It was boring 95% of the time. Game of Thrones was fun to hate watch, not this.

complete opposite for me, the final season of GoT was boring and had no value

The Shield owns though and i rewatch it often. It has that constant tension as things get worse and worse for the strike team, similar to Breaking Bad and it's what Dexter needed in the later seasons

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Since the entire office either knows or will know that Vic is essentially a criminal/murderer, I can't see this happening.

And yes, I know "ICE" and all, today, he'd fit right in, but in the context of the show, they (ICE) are the good guys who likely look down quite a bit on cop killers.

Vic Mackey is in bureaucratic hell, without a trace of his family.

This is a great place to discuss other shows with interesting endings that leave you wondering what came after. Something good has already come out of this new Dexter thing.

Mackey would have a difficult time at first, several years probably. He may very well punch someone in the face who mentions he's a killer and go straight to jail.

But of he manages to keep to the deal that was made and put in his hours people will transfer away and he could become 'the guy that turned his life around'. Plenty of known and convicted killers have manage to fool people around them into believing they have changed.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This show had two seasons, and a fourth.
Everything else just did not happen, you remember it wrong.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

At the very least, Clyde Phillips is returning to run this shitshow so we can at least expect Dexter to finally die at the end.

hopefully.

Also, in honour of Dexter coming back I am welcoming any and all submissions for gang tags, because I think the show and impact its threads had on TVIV is quite substantial!!

If anyone else thinks so and has some ideas let's do this poo poo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

AbstractNapper posted:

This show had two seasons, and a fourth.
Everything else just did not happen, you remember it wrong.

that's a bit harsh on the 3rd season, Jimmy Smits owns

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season three had to follow season two, which was perfect. Then season four came and had much higher highs than three.

Three isn't bad or anything, it's just a little boring.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

esperterra posted:

At the very least, Clyde Phillips is returning to run this shitshow so we can at least expect Dexter to finally die at the end.

hopefully.

Also, in honour of Dexter coming back I am welcoming any and all submissions for gang tags, because I think the show and impact its threads had on TVIV is quite substantial!!

If anyone else thinks so and has some ideas let's do this poo poo.

Ok, so now we have to decide on the MOST SA-Dexter 'thing'. Could be Chicky Hines. Could be Salad Cutting.

Could be the treadmill.

Also, I gotta say, I've been in threads before where gang tags are seemingly given away, even at request, and have never got one.

I feel like this is finally my time. :ohdear: I mean, I already have a related custom title, thanks to a previous thread.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 16, 2020

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

some bust on that guy posted:

Honestly yeah. I liked the thread but the actual show wasn't even entertaining in a stupid way most of the time.

One of the only things I remember enjoying in the later seasons is that time that Dexter spent like 3 episodes fighting a guy who dressed up as a minotaur and chased his victims around a homemade labyrinth

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

CODChimera posted:

circling this post repeatedly for emphasis buddy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I WILL gently caress YOU BACK IN WAYS YOU NEVER EVEN IMAGINED

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ok, so now we have to decide on the MOST SA-Dexter 'thing'. Could be Chicky Hines. Could be Salad Cutting.

Could be the treadmill.

Also, I gotta say, I've been in threads before where gang tags are seemingly given away, even at request, and have never got one.

I feel like this is finally my time. :ohdear: I mean, I already have a related custom title, thanks to a previous thread.

Yeah, I was thinking those as well, or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_oM6U_dwfM

Honestly any of Deb's overly long, overly inventive curses would be a p good candidate.

Chicky Hines is def one of the first things I think of when I think of TVIV and Dexter tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mods pls change my name to pardon my tits

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think it should be a looping gif of laguerta circling SUV thanks i’ll take my answer off the air

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Declan MacManus posted:

i think it should be a looping gif of laguerta circling SUV thanks i’ll take my answer off the air

dat black suv

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Laguerta Bench Crew

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

CODChimera posted:

Please refer to him by his proper name: Basil Oregano

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 109 days!
i dont care what his name is i will destroy him in a rooftop rap battle

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

alright looks like the lieutenant's position is opening up! who should it be?

the detective who was romantically involved with the ice truck serial killer a couple years ago or the detective accused of raping dexter's english ex-girlfriend? these are our two options.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

God Hole posted:

alright looks like the lieutenant's position is opening up! who should it be?

the detective who was romantically involved with the ice truck serial killer a couple years ago or the detective accused of raping dexter's english ex-girlfriend? these are our two options.

and people say Dexter wasn’t realistic

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Declan MacManus posted:

that was because david bowie was dying of cancer and looked like poo poo but it was pretty loving weird

I'm well aware but yeah it was still weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How many of the cast members can realistically return with how the show left off?