Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Oh dang yeah now I need that orange witch dress. Also Kicks has orange spiderweb tights.

I got an orange witch dress if you want to pop over!

Speaking of which...

Listen to the farting sharks!
A zip a zap a brap, squelch a sharky shart
The sharks are tooting!
Listen to the farting sharks!
And brap a frap a pthbptb, poot a doot a poot, brrmp ba-dumba dum

(This is my attempt at parodying zee greatest song by zee great singer in zee world)

Spoopfarts is open again for candy and trick-or-treating! Take a right at the airport and take any two mystery bags from the beach. New prizes have been added since yesterday, including NMTs and bells! (Limit 2 per visitor. The prize is yours to do what you want with, but if you hate what you get, dump it by the Sharing Gnome at Nook's.)

There are a lot of free items in front of Nook's, including a few new ones since yesterday. Take a look on your way to buy candy! TAKE AS MANY FREE ITEMS AS YOU WANT. Inside the shop are a spooky tower (black and white), a cute vanity (red), an aluminum briefcase, and an effects rack. There are unlimited film projectors and espresso makers. If you're looking for a spider umbrella it's in stock today! Turnip prices are 139 for another hour.

Able's has striped dresses, beards, superhero costumes, Labelle skirts, and more! Don't forget to drop off your own custom clothes in the shop (you can delete anything you want).

There are several items among the flowerbeds on the left-most side of the island. Please do not take these items. You may catalog them, but please drop them back where you found them.

Take all the fruit, sticks, stones, bugs, fish, shells, orange pumpkins, and yellow flowers you desire. No gifts necessary.

Have a spooooooooky time!

Die Die Code: L18GC

e: btw, thank you to whoever left me the Star Clock yesterday- I love it soso much!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...Mac, buddy, we need to talk. Why are you making a doghouse?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does anyone happen to have a spare stegosaurus tail and/or megacerops torso? Those are the only two fossils we're missing. We have things to give!

I have a spare megacerops torso if you still need one!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So I guess once you know all the Halloween recipes, the villagers give you pumpkins instead. I really want to skip ahead to Halloween and get the rest of the recipes, but its my favorite holiday so I don't want to spoil it ahead of time.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

So I guess once you know all the Halloween recipes, the villagers give you pumpkins instead. I really want to skip ahead to Halloween and get the rest of the recipes, but its my favorite holiday so I don't want to spoil it ahead of time.

I've had them give me candy, too. Just one piece and only on other islands. Once I learned all the Halloween recipes they stopped making them from what I can tell on mine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just keep getting repeats :(

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I just don't get any goddamn loving Halloween recipes anymore ever.

P.S. We're still open! Come get a gift!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Black Robe posted:

...Mac, buddy, we need to talk. Why are you making a doghouse?

Doesn't he already have one in his default house?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Mau-Mau is open for candy, costumes, and pumpkins!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks!

Able Sisters have cavalier shirt, explorer shirt, worker's jacket, ballet outfit, frugal outfit, flashy pointy-ear animal hat, construction helmets and steampunk goggles

Saharah is visiting! (I tried trapping her but she's slippery, so I gave up)

Wallpaper - Ocean-horizon
Flooring - Circuit-board

Large rug - Peach stripes
Medium rug - Blue vinyl sheet
Small rug - Red message mat

Saharah Mystery Tickets Imperial wall/Imperial Tile

There are so many DIY recipes and items on the beach. Please help yourself.

There's a spooky tower recipe on the ground in front of me. (Got it from a balloon this morning.)

I will be AFK, so thanks in advance for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 16, 2020

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So I somehow ended up with two extra real Glowing Paintings if anyone needs one.

Also I need more friends to send garbage to if anyone wanna add me
Sw-4008–6139–5222

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 16, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd’s here on Fiorina. Tonight’s he’s got a real quaint painting, fake famous painting, fake gallant statue.

Gonna leave the gates open while I’m AFK so buy up, get some candy in Nook’s (everything there is also up for grabs), water some stuff, talk to Prince (he just moved in!), also I do love me some notes on the bulletin board.

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Almost forgot, I kicked out graciously allowed Olaf to leave, if anyone wants a toreador anteater he's packing up today. I'll try to keep any eye on here if anyone wants to grab him this afternoon.
e: donezoes

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 16, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to kick people off the island? I have two diva star wanna be villagers who have the exact same dialogue.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

UltraRed posted:

Is there any way to kick people off the island? I have two diva star wanna be villagers who have the exact same dialogue.

Every so often someone will ask to leave so you can get them out then, and you'll occasionally get campsite villagers who you can have replace someone. You're always going to have a couple of villagers with the exact same dialogue because there are 10 villager slots but only 8 personality types.

Check out this site for more info on villager move-out mechanics: https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/moveout.html

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Thanks to those of you who came by my island last night and watered roses - was greeted by my first blue rose today! :3:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
my good friend Shep is in boxes today, please let me know if you want to rehouse this pal.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is CLOSED

We're past the halfway point to Halloween, It's already day 16 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks the Squeaky!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?.

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables have zombie costumes for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 17, 2020

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Redd is here if you want a fake serene painting, fake jolly painting, fake graceful painting, a changing room, and a rattan waste bin.

Turnip prices are 208. Hot items are standard umbrella stand and wooden-block table.

Purchase some candy!

I will probably be AFK and I am just some stupid AC newbie who just got KC to perform so please give me money or DIY stuff so I can make island upgrades and other things.

Code is closed.

If anyone needs to sell turnips, PM me and I can re-open.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 16, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The spooky fence does not meet my spooky standard :colbert:

Also why do I need pumpkins to make this?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Electric Phantasm posted:

The spooky fence does not meet my spooky standard :colbert:

Also why do I need pumpkins to make this?
You need pumpkins to use as a reference for the bars, obviously

Also, fun fact: the smaller sections (like corners) are heart shaped instead, IMO it's very cute

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The small sections look like the Kingdom Hearts logo which rules

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Prowler posted:

Doesn't he already have one in his default house?

I don't know, he was my starter jock so he's in a wooden cabin. It matches the outside of his house so I don't feel bad about forcing him to stay in a starter home. It would be interesting if your early villagers had a tendency to craft the furniture they would normally have in their real homes. I'd love if that happened and over time they upgraded their furniture themselves, but sadly no.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Mau-Mau is open for candy, costumes and pumpkins!

Buy what you want at Nooks!

Able sisters have mage academy robes!

Take some costumes or DIY recipes or items, please!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 17, 2020

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Maybe in a year they'll patch in the ability for your starter villagers to upgrade their houses

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Black Robe posted:

I don't know, he was my starter jock so he's in a wooden cabin. It matches the outside of his house so I don't feel bad about forcing him to stay in a starter home. It would be interesting if your early villagers had a tendency to craft the furniture they would normally have in their real homes. I'd love if that happened and over time they upgraded their furniture themselves, but sadly no.

Ah, make sense. Yeah, he has three different beds in his default house: a cot, a dog house, and a cat bed. His default house is like a cluttered back yard---nothing too special, so you're not missing out on much.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ankha is crafting the spooky lantern DIY, come get that and candy and other stuff you want to take. Code in the other thread.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Prowler posted:

Ah, make sense. Yeah, he has three different beds in his default house: a cot, a dog house, and a cat bed. His default house is like a cluttered back yard---nothing too special, so you're not missing out on much.

That sounds pretty fitting for him. I love my idiot dog son.

Also the water landscaping construction thing sucks rear end. I'm getting pretty good at the paths and cliffs now but I cannot get this stupid goddamn river to work out because no matter how carefully I position myself my stupid avatar seems to pick tiles almost at random. Oh, you want to smooth off the tile you just placed? Nah, let's add a new tile over here instead. You want to remove that? How about we remove the one next to it instead?

I just want to extend my river so my new walled area can have some running water, game. Why do you hurt me so.

(It doesn't help that I've had to remove so many plants to make room for new projects that my rating has been stuck on two stars for a while now. Be patient, Isabelle. I'll repopulate eventually.)

An even more serious and tragic issue is that there are just Too Many cute sweaters in this game and I can't wear them all.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 17, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Redd hooking me up as usual

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

other than the dogshit shipping prices from GameStop I'm glad to see these things are finally being reprinted

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/1317533964886712321

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have achieved cat/rabbit parity :toot:
Monique/Ankha/Punchy/Rudy and Chrissy/Francine/Mira/Claude. Now to weed out the rhino gang, Merengue and Rhonda.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is Closed

There's only a cursed 13 left, It's already day 17 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Honks, the Man Who Laughs!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables have animal shoes for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 18, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Finally got a campsite visitor for only the second time since the compulsory one.

Bloody Jitters.

Go away you strange football-obsessed bird, I've rejected you on two Nook islands already.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
For whatever reason, it's very difficult googling specific flower breeding questions. Every single Google search just brings up the same handful of general flower breeding articles. That being said, if I place 2 flowers next to each other, is there any guarantee that a resulting new flower is definitely crossbred, and not just a clone of one of them? Will they always breed instead of cloning when placed together? Essentially I'm trying to come up with ways of differentiating hybrid flowers from identical looking standard ones.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I had a white rose a space away from a white mum and it made a purple mum. I’m not sure any of it makes sense.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hey, my 'nips are 108 this morning and I only have 250K bells, anybody got a better price? I can drop off a gold nugget.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

March:

October:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spellman posted:

March:

October:

It's a little busy for my tastes, but I like it! I wish I had thought to do the same. :shobon:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Lobster posted:

Hey, my 'nips are 108 this morning and I only have 250K bells, anybody got a better price? I can drop off a gold nugget.

I've got 'em at 90. You're on your own for finding Daisy Mae tho.

CLOSED

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 18, 2020

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Slugworth posted:

For whatever reason, it's very difficult googling specific flower breeding questions. Every single Google search just brings up the same handful of general flower breeding articles. That being said, if I place 2 flowers next to each other, is there any guarantee that a resulting new flower is definitely crossbred, and not just a clone of one of them? Will they always breed instead of cloning when placed together? Essentially I'm trying to come up with ways of differentiating hybrid flowers from identical looking standard ones.

I’m reasonably sure the answer is yes, if you have two flowers (and only two) of the same species eat to each other, and new flowers that spawn adjacent to them is a crossbreed. I think when I saw a description of the algorithm from one of the data miners it said a flower always looks for a pair to crossbreed before cloning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Recently I've been getting campsite visitors to move in. If they can't, I'll get them to talk to someone who's thinking of moving out and get them to take their place. Well, I just did that with Quillson the other day, he moved in, and today I had Fang staying at the campsite so I got him to move in but he's taking Quillson's place. Quillson literally just got here :thunk:

I didn't even get enough time to know Quillson. Oh well!