Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kokoro, dear, you can't just will someone from the dead state of ambigious existance by being really angry at her. That's not how any of this works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kokoro I'm pretty sure the issue of her being a big fan of yours would only ever become an obvious problem to you once an obvious problem arises

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The solution is to :sever: with anyone who shows admiration or affection to you.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Despawning to win an argument is effective, but not recommended."

Those hover-texts have been :discourse: lately.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Cassidy's mom told her to turn off the Nintendo and come eat dinner.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Man Undine and Kokoro are going to be so relieved when they find out Cassidy is fine and just moved to Canada to live with her aunt to get her head straight.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

The solution is to :sever: with anyone who shows admiration or affection to you.

Something got severed alright.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
At this point I'm starting to think Cassidy's alive and gets to join the Anti-Undine Alliance with Tessa.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cat Mattress posted:

"Despawning to win an argument is effective, but not recommended."

Those hover-texts have been :discourse: lately.
Cassie's not dead, she just hit F4 and is waiting around in the ready room.

(a little Natural Selection reference)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

:five:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No one was hiding in the stalls, except the school ghost.

The school ghost who is obviously Cassidy, she's been spectating since she despawned.

Anyway, just a cute page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Smooooth.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If that girl noticed them there, she is absolutely going to believe she walked in on them making out.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Tenebrais posted:

If that girl noticed them there, she is absolutely going to believe she walked in on them making out.

Missed opportunity for an unnecessary fakeout makeout.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Today's Sleepless Domain is definitely cute.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Permalink to the new page. :3:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1313944052111486976?s=20

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Feels like there's gotta be a story behind that. Probably don't want magical girls in transformation throwing off weird powers everywhere, I guess.

Or maybe it's just really inconvenient to have a section of the corridor being taken up by the magic nonsense dimension while 20 seconds of stock footage plays in it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Feels like there's gotta be a story behind that. Probably don't want magical girls in transformation throwing off weird powers everywhere, I guess.

Or maybe it's just really inconvenient to have a section of the corridor being taken up by the magic nonsense dimension while 20 seconds of stock footage plays in it.
It's like quoting Princess Bride at D&D. If one person does it, then everyone starts doing it.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
And then the framerate starts tanking, and it takes three minutes just to get across the hall.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

if i was a magical girl i would just T-Pose to both:
A) express dominance over the other inferior magical girls
B) do a quick transformation

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We all know speedrunning your transformation sequence is something the girls compete over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVbjrRr-eXU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
If you’re not transformation cancelling into your teammate’s special attacks then you’ve got no chance in the magical girl meta.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The i-frames of the transformation itself are useful, but you're extremely vulnerable to getting punished during the after-transformation pose.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

PMush Perfect posted:

The i-frames of the transformation itself are useful, but you're extremely vulnerable to getting punished during the after-transformation pose.

Thats why you use props to protect you after your i-frames expire

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually cut out most of the transformation between i-frames, just make sure you don't try to cut it off on a b-frame or a p-frame.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's how you get Goop Girls.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

you can actually cut out most of the transformation between i-frames, just make sure you don't try to cut it off on a b-frame or a p-frame.
Those really are the key frames.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-21

The mood is genuinely making me sad

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They're holding hands though!

But yeah you gotta feel for Lettie, who has been probably more responsible for Cassidy (as a person) than anyone else we've seen and now has to deal with this out of nowhere.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Please don't blame yourself, I've got plenty of competition for that already." :smith:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They can share the blame. Just get all the blame, pile it in a heap and then cut it into equal pieces. I'm positive they had someone with scissors running around somewhere.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

nimby posted:

They can share the blame. Just get all the blame, pile it in a heap and then cut it into equal pieces. I'm positive they had someone with scissors running around somewhere.

That person shouldn't be running with scissors! That's dangerous, something bad could happen to them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

What fluff version of Scarfolk did I end up in?

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

I just binged this all last night and today, ironically I read a big chunk of it while up in the middle of the night trying to get my baby to sleep. Goopy is very spooky at a sleep deprived 2:30am wowza. Now I'm recommending it to everyone I think might possibly even kind of enjoy it.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

New page.

It's pretty funny to me that The, a person who is super paranoid about the machinations of society, does exactly what Tess wants in response to crude emotional manipulation.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
At the same time she’s kind of not wrong. It’s not her job to manage Tessa’s baggage and to weather insults and jibes on her behalf.

If there weren’t larger stakes at hand that Rue cannot reasonably be expected to know about I would say she’s making the right call.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

She's not exactly wrong. No one has to be there for someone who's mean to them. But she's not exactly right either. A comrade in arms suffering from PTSD lashed out at her with the express purpose of pushing her away. Acting like Tess is asking Rue to manage her emotions isn't particularly admirable.

To be clear, I'm not really criticizing Rue here. It's mostly funny that someone who feels very confident they see through the government's manipulations can not see through the paper thin manipulation of a traumatized teen. It has some resonance with what I see looking at irl conspiracy theorists prone to ranting about big government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Keep in mind Rue has known Tessa for, like, three weeks. This isn't a close friendship she's allowing to collapse, it's the new girl that she started hanging out with because they had something in common. Tessa needs help, yes, but Rue is under no obligation to be the one that gives it to her, especially if she's going to have to weather a lot of attempts to drive her away.

It's kind of an extension of what Rue said to Zoe when they met, too. Just because you're capable of helping doesn't mean you're under any obligation to make sacrifices doing so.