Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Spacebump posted:

How many of the cast members can realistically return with how the show left off?

I can't believe we all became lumberjacks over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
I haven't read this thread, but I want to say it was an honor to hatewatch the later seasons of this show with TVIV, and I will be honored to hatewatch it again in 2021. :patriot:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Joust posted:

And we all got promoted to lumberjack detectives.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Spacebump posted:

How many of the cast members can realistically return with how the show left off?

They can get Hannah back but I don't see the point. But they could get back Batista, Masuka, and Quinn. They could definitely have Ghost Harry, and they could even throw in Ghost Doakes or Ghost Deb if they wanted.

What could work as an actual good show is him ending up getting caught and the ghosts of his past tormenting him. I don't think that's what we'll get.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 110 days!
they're gonna bring back all the dead characters as ghosts despite the fact that they're visibly older

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

croup coughfield posted:

they're gonna bring back all the dead characters as ghosts despite the fact that they're visibly older

Worked out ok for BCS (minus the ghosts)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

nerox posted:

I haven't read this thread, but I want to say it was an honor to hatewatch the later seasons of this show with TVIV, and I will be honored to hatewatch it again in 2021. :patriot:

My goon, it's 4 pages.

Post among us again after catching up.

Gang tag idea: "Life's a Bench!" with a small picture of Dexter shrugging.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
One of my favorite non-thread Dexter memories is that when I would tell people Dexter becomes a lumberjack they would laugh because they didn’t believe me.

You couldn’t even spoil this poo poo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I bailed after season 4, but I am greatly looking forward to whatever dumb poo poo occurs in the new season. Thank you Showtime!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slamhound posted:

One of my favorite non-thread Dexter memories is that when I would tell people Dexter becomes a lumberjack they would laugh because they didn’t believe me.

You couldn’t even spoil this poo poo.

dexter fakes his death by taking his dying sister on a boat ride towards a hurricane named after his mother.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I never thought my first stickied thread would be about Dexter of all things.

Surprise Motherfucker indeed.

Also I’m rooting for a redo where Doakes is back. I’m still bitter at how they treated that character. Along with the rest.

I can’t wait to watch it again!

Just reboot it and have it be a one off since it’s already being described as a limited run. But still work in the salad and treadmill. Bonus points if you can get two PAs in the background with scripts that somehow make it into the final cut.

It would be interesting to see how Dexter adapts to weather outside of Florida and has some murder shed he built from trees he cut down.

But then he wakes up and we are back to when it was good.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My goon, it's 4 pages.

Post among us again after catching up.

Gang tag idea: "Life's a Bench!" with a small picture of Dexter shrugging.

slice of life gang tag with a boat getting drilled

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

~~Hurricane Laura~~ over the Slice of Life boat with the ikea monkey at the helm.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gang tag should be the entire Masuka explaining the crime scene gif.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Becoming a lumberjack is an old PI trick.

I've seen Robocop and loved it, but that line, THAT LINE, is probably the most entertaining thing Peter Weller has given us.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when Dexter kidnapped and murdered someone in an international airport?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

i remember one poster had a gif avatar of dexter all exasperated going "everything is in MY control"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGIuiQS5Fs

always got a good chuckle out of me while i was scrolling

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Gang tag should be the entire Masuka explaining the crime scene gif.

omg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hope dexter has switched to just killin trees with the same care and attention as he did people

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dex meticulously laying out tarps and pictures of other trees and saplings before he fells his next target

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

God Hole posted:

i remember one poster had a gif avatar of dexter all exasperated going "everything is in MY control"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGIuiQS5Fs

always got a good chuckle out of me while i was scrolling

I *think* that goon was "Timp", but I could be wrong.

Edit: yeah, google search brought up this. They're still using it!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 16, 2020

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

esperterra posted:

Dex meticulously laying out tarps and pictures of other trees and saplings before he fells his next target

Getting increasingly frustrated that they won’t sink when he drops them overboard.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

esperterra posted:

"Oh my god. It's been drained of sap. No hot... sticky sap."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Slamhound posted:

Getting increasingly frustrated that they won’t sink when he drops them overboard.

lmfao

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

So many limbs to deal with.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ghost of Harry: Dexter! You've gotta come back with me! It's about your kids, Dexter!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did anyone ever watch these back when the show was airing?
https://www.sho.com/dexter/early-cuts

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Joust posted:

We're lumberjacks... and we're ok.

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I was thinking those as well, or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_oM6U_dwfM

Honestly any of Deb's overly long, overly inventive curses would be a p good candidate.

Chicky Hines is def one of the first things I think of when I think of TVIV and Dexter tho

loving Deb had some hilarious lines... a bloody shame it got so awkward with her later. The romance angle just seemed to put a bullet into her and afterwards she was either not fun awkward or traumatized. This is going to sound sad since I was there and all... but what was the story behind Chucky Hines? I've done drugs since then. Repeatedly.

So glad to see other people liking Doakes. I swear I was the only one back in the day. Also Mos Def does a good job in this. Always thought he was a better actor than people gave him credit for.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If you like Doakes, check out Oz; he plays Moses Deyell, a death row inmate.

Punches through a cement wall and kills a guy :stare:

Surprise motherfucker indeed

EDIT: Here ya go:

The setup is Mark (the white racist guy) was saying a bunch of poo poo to him earlier, so Moses decided to start digging that hole towards him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOaE5v6-CXQ

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 17, 2020

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 110 days!

DogsInSpace! posted:

This is going to sound sad since I was there and all... but what was the story behind Chucky Hines? I've done drugs since then. Repeatedly.

I also forgot all of it but luckily some dead-eyed psychos maintain a wiki: https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Chicky_Hines

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 110 days!

what could it mean

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Becoming a lumberjack is an old PI trick.

I've seen Robocop and loved it, but that line, THAT LINE, is probably the most entertaining thing Peter Weller has given us.

beers good any time

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I remember enjoying the first few seasons of this show, and then lurking for the hatewatch of the later seasons, and then falling off completely before the last season or so.

All I'll say is if Doakes comes back so do I :colbert:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

croup coughfield posted:

what could it mean

Dexter opens the lumberjack times and sees a small article about the Bay Harbor Butcher killings resuming.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Joust posted:

Dexter opens the lumberjack times and sees a small article about the Bay Harbor Butcher killings resuming.

the books go really off the rails at some point and the plot of one of them reveals that the dark passenger is literally a demon offspring of Moloch who is possessing dexter and compels him to kill. when it leaves one day, dexter turns into a total wuss.

would be cool if they went that route, the bay harbor butcher just being some random schmuck dexter's dark passenger moved on to.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s just gonna be a 90 second montage of how dexter survived the hurricane, him escaping to portland, him calling his son to let us know he’s still Dad of the Year, and then him reading a newspaper about how it rained body parts in miami

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I like to imagine this is a pretty regular Thursday for Charlotte Rampling

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

croup coughfield posted:

what could it mean

I like to imagine Clyde Phillips has been seething over how badly Dexter ended for years now.

It makes me feel better for also seething about it for longer than I should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I mean the general public still thinks Doakes was the Bay Harbour Butcher. That seems pretty "wrong" to me.