Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Fiend is just utter poo poo. Everyone he has matches with, with the exception of literal GOAT Daniel Bryan, has come out looking like an absolute dork.
The gimmick is so basic and so bad, and it really speaks to the remaining fans not actually giving a poo poo about wrestling.

Fat guy who can't go that no sells and doesn't emote or put in any effort and can't do anything interesting in the ring with a bad finisher. But they like the entrance and the largely unrelated vignettes.

The weird thing is watch the Bray Friend vs Miz match again (or don't it's still bad), he emotes like crazy, plays to the crowd, has tons of personality. So while I dislike Bray, I'm not sure it's all him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ICR posted:

From WON:

who the gently caress is watching HIAC 2019

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Is it just me or does breaking off Big E from the New Day and having him go from a fun tag wrestler to a serious solo wrestler sound like the storyline is "Big E's depressed"?

Big Ennui

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lol

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who the gently caress is watching HIAC 2019

Probably autoplays and people who see advertising for hell in a cell and think it's the new one

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question:

What was RAW Underground supposed to have achieved? Who was it supposed to get over? (either on TV, or backstage) What storylines was it supposed to advance/start/enhance? In what way was it supposed to do any of those things?

I mean it did have the Hurt Business taking over and becoming the bosses(?), and Braun Strowman beating up some people. But apart from that it was a stupid idea universally laughed at. So I suppose, at least good on WWE for realizing this after only 2 months.

It was supposed to pop ratings lmao

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You say you're not funny, EMF, but I say you crack some real good ones

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

The weird thing is watch the Bray Friend vs Miz match again (or don't it's still bad), he emotes like crazy, plays to the crowd, has tons of personality. So while I dislike Bray, I'm not sure it's all him.

I haven't seen them since they first aired so maybe it was just because it was fresh at the time, but I distinctly recall the first few Firefly Funhouses being really entertaining and interesting, and then they got lame pretty much from the point WWE started "helping" by taking over the writing and filming it all backstage during shows.

Goddamn :lol:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question:

What was RAW Underground supposed to have achieved? Who was it supposed to get over? (either on TV, or backstage) What storylines was it supposed to advance/start/enhance? In what way was it supposed to do any of those things?

I mean it did have the Hurt Business taking over and becoming the bosses(?), and Braun Strowman beating up some people. But apart from that it was a stupid idea universally laughed at. So I suppose, at least good on WWE for realizing this after only 2 months.

Dabba-kato

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

give goldberg the strap again and watch ratings soar

This but unironically

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grendels Dad posted:

I doubt too much of it can be laid at the feet of Wyatt. What is he going to do, say "No I'm not going to have these lovely gimmick matches giving me more airtime than most of the other dudes combined"?

By all accounts Bray has tons of creative freedom and people in the back legitimately think his community theater poo poo is next-level genius so they keep letting it on TV.

So yes, I will absolutely lay this at his feet.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Agreed. You don't have Vince in your vignettes threatening to fire you in puppet form if Vince isn't immediately involved.

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't seen them since they first aired so maybe it was just because it was fresh at the time, but I distinctly recall the first few Firefly Funhouses being really entertaining and interesting, and then they got lame pretty much from the point WWE started "helping" by taking over the writing and filming it all backstage during shows.
I don't really know if it's the writing / filming or just the progression from being vignettes to a real act.

The early ones are a returning Bray who is pretty jacked (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDD0RC0PKBM) doing fun stuff while hinting at the darker character. The minute it gets going and the Fiend is defined as what it is, he's on the road and no longer in great shape or in a position to be mysterious.

Given the puppet I assume Vince was closely involved early on so I don't think the writing changed just the energy level and mystery. There's no mystery to his dark side now, it's totally confirmed he'll talk up a big game in the funhouse and then go out and have a bad match. That's it. That's the Fiend now. Goofy Funhouse vignette->Entrance->Bad Match. Before we could at least pretend it was going to be some creative and interesting.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Croc posted:

What was Big E's last real singles thing before new day. Rusev angle involving lots of giant flag waving?

... I got 5! ...

... down in NXT

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I got 5

more years on my contract

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Croc posted:

What was Big E's last real singles thing before new day. Rusev angle involving lots of giant flag waving?

I remember the big post AJ Lee thing was "stare at Television at an odd angle with INTENSITY." They really milked that character in the mid teens.

Effin rofflecopter.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People complain about bray being fat but it’s categorically true fat wrestlers are better

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Vader he ain't.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Apparently Miro confirmed on a stream that Ben Carter signed with WWE

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They've strategically devalued the poo poo out of their pay-per-views and turned NXT into a television brand, so I'm not sure what exactly the draw for the WWE Network is even supposed to be anymore

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Dacap posted:

Apparently Miro confirmed on a stream that Ben Carter signed with WWE

Yeah, but during a pandemic with no work visa, getting likely signed by NXT UK seems like a decent deal. It's probably for 15 years but good luck to him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CarlCX posted:

They've strategically devalued the poo poo out of their pay-per-views and turned NXT into a television brand, so I'm not sure what exactly the draw for the WWE Network is even supposed to be anymore

Their award winning original programming

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

oldpainless posted:

Their award winning original programming

Their documentaries are always real good even if they usually full of the wwe revisionist history.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would looooove to be an editor on one of their documentaries or promo packages. They're really well put together and they have so much archive footage. It'd be really fun to work on one of those.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't they say they were developing something called NXT Underground which was to be a developmental feeder program for their developmental brand? Seems like a very good idea for the broken leg factory to adopt shoot fights alongside their dumb training drills.

NXT UK is NXT Underground

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo it kind of rules that the last real die hard modern wwe fans dropped watching the shows and ppv because wwe mishandled booking Bray's edgy gimmick as soon as they could multiple times

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m pretty sure HIAC 2019 is in the free tier of the network right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congratulations to Ben Carter on his early retirement

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HIAC 2019 should be in MOMA

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Now we wait for the best part, the horrible name they give him before he fades into absolute obscurity behind a wall of sexpests

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep forgetting the WWE Network has a free tier now and thinking "I should check out what's on it" but then not because its WWE.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

rip ben carter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

HidaO-Win posted:

Yeah, but during a pandemic with no work visa, getting likely signed by NXT UK seems like a decent deal. It's probably for 15 years but good luck to him.
Has NXT UK even started running shows again? They just sent over like, everyone of value left on the roster to Florida (And some people of zero value)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Has NXT UK even started running shows again? They just sent over like, everyone of value left on the roster to Florida (And some people of zero value)

Yeah it's back.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maybe I shouldn't be sad but I'm still sorta sad. Do you think he knows he's just getting paid to not wrestle for AEW or did he drink the Kool-Aid and think his WWE career is ever going to amount to anything?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah they setup in bt's studio near west hams ground i think and shot some shows there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Maybe I shouldn't be sad but I'm still sorta sad. Do you think he knows he's just getting paid to not wrestle for AEW or did he drink the Kool-Aid and think his WWE career is ever going to amount to anything?

He has zero chance of getting a work visa for the US at the moment so maybe by the time his WWE contract is up, America will have its poo poo together and he can move over. I'm sure he'd walk into a job with AEW

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

It's sad seeing anyone go to NXT UK, there's no shame in that.

And who knows what he thinks, but we'll probably never see him again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Croc posted:

Yeah they setup in bt's studio near west hams ground i think and shot some shows there.
The fact that I catch up on WWE news almost every single day and never heard a thing bodes well for the NXT Japan show that may or may not be taking off, eventually.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol no way the Japanese are letting any WWE people near their borders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol no way the Japanese are letting any WWE people near their borders
They had a couple people already queued up for the brand that never made it to America (Saree, Ikemen, I guess Kairi as some ambassador?) but they ended up just kinda dropping that whole thing when the pandemic started

Not that I had faith it would've gone anywhere soon because it was like what, two years between NXT UK having their first tournament and having their first show or something ridiculously dumb (Because they wanted to sign everyone in the UK up out of fear of World of Sport lmao)