Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

emdash posted:

a pos3 lina, now i've seen everything

Pos3 was a thing fairly recently (in the last year or two). No euls, aether lens and cast range talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Alchenar posted:

I really, really want to see the target customer data that told Mercedes-Benz they should be advertising on esports tournaments.

Saudi princes.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alchenar posted:

I really, really want to see the target customer data that told Mercedes-Benz they should be advertising on esports tournaments.

nouveau riche coders ????????? total guess

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Alchenar posted:

It's wealthy boomers going "Millenials don't even care about owning a house luxury cars anymore!"

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfA_2Ku1aJY

I've said this before but agressive child is one of the best player names ever.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

:siren:Dota Plus Update:siren:
https://blog.dota2.com/2020/10/update-to-dota-plus-and-guilds/

They're planning on releasing Dota Plus updates every 3 months. I suspect it will last 6 months.

Also they want to transition to updates throughout the year instead of just around The International. (This won't happen.)

Dota dying because Valve is just loving awful.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The gradual mmr reset thing is good. I guess I should finally join a guild huh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The gradual mmr reset thing is good. I guess I should finally join a guild huh

If the Goon guild from ti battle pass still exists (been playing FF, haven’t logged in dota in a bit) just hit me up for an invite on steam, https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg

E: it does, there are 6 spots left. Let me know!

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 15, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

:siren:Dota Plus Update:siren:
https://blog.dota2.com/2020/10/update-to-dota-plus-and-guilds/

They're planning on releasing Dota Plus updates every 3 months. I suspect it will last 6 months.

Also they want to transition to updates throughout the year instead of just around The International. (This won't happen.)

Dota dying because Valve is just loving awful.

This is cool but uh yeah, we'll see about that valve.

My money is on 3 months.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I do not believe they will meet their first 3 month target.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah wasnt that basically the plan when they first released that poo poo? Seasonal stuff updates bc it was to replace to the seasonal battle passes?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's a slightly higher chance they'll follow through this time since they're not making the sets.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I dunno if I'm in the minority on this but I love swiss style group format.

TOOT BOOT posted:

There's a slightly higher chance they'll follow through this time since they're not making the sets.

It's insane to me that this wasn't how they did this from the beginning.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Valve has such a transparently bad approach to generating new content for DOTA. I get that their main goal is to make money, but they've painted themselves into a corner by tying all of it to either BPs or D+ and then not delivering.

For the former, they put a lot of time into making solid adds or game modes (Diretide, Siltbreaker, now Aghs Lab), getting players to love it, and then pulling the content when they can no longer charge for BP access. Meanwhile, the arcade constantly provides them with new content/concepts and they either ignore it entirely or sit on their hands while developers end up going to a competitor. Supporting the arcade, or at least arcade creators, seems like a no brainer for unlimited content, but they can't sell cosmetics if they go that route.

For D+, they completely poo poo the bed by releasing zero content when the community is actively offering new cosmetics to sell, with the only request that they get some semblance of compensation for the work. That it took this long for Valve to hand cosmetic creation back to their own workshop was SUCH a misstep that they've probably lost 50% of their D+ subs.

sojazu
Mar 28, 2007
lol internets
2021 is going to be a really interesting year for Dota.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

The REAL Goobusters posted:

If the Goon guild from ti battle pass still exists (been playing FF, haven’t logged in dota in a bit) just hit me up for an invite on steam, https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg

E: it does, there are 6 spots left. Let me know!

Oh cool I just left the guild I was in during battle pass. Added you on steam as HydratedRaisin

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nigma going to lose this?

edit: jokes on me

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 17, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I thought Venge was a support champion? Can she be played in position 3?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Pretty sure she's been played every position this year alone. She can be a strong midgame core in the right lineup.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 17, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
im the blink glimmer mid silencer

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
She's a supportive 3. gets more farm than a support, usually builds aura items, is naturally pretty tanky, and the rightclicks arent terrible. Ceb is good at playing that kind of role.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

She can be played in basically any role to some degree. Mid being probably her weakest.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:frogout:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
save 4 keystrokes on your precious keyboard by using hero at all times

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurreco posted:

Valve has such a transparently bad approach to generating new content for DOTA. I get that their main goal is to make money, but they've painted themselves into a corner by tying all of it to either BPs or D+ and then not delivering.

For the former, they put a lot of time into making solid adds or game modes (Diretide, Siltbreaker, now Aghs Lab), getting players to love it, and then pulling the content when they can no longer charge for BP access. Meanwhile, the arcade constantly provides them with new content/concepts and they either ignore it entirely or sit on their hands while developers end up going to a competitor. Supporting the arcade, or at least arcade creators, seems like a no brainer for unlimited content, but they can't sell cosmetics if they go that route.

For D+, they completely poo poo the bed by releasing zero content when the community is actively offering new cosmetics to sell, with the only request that they get some semblance of compensation for the work. That it took this long for Valve to hand cosmetic creation back to their own workshop was SUCH a misstep that they've probably lost 50% of their D+ subs.

I sort of feel like valve is insulted people would even want 5 cents from every set they sell or something, from what that article Kyle wrote said about pennants.

Kild posted:

She can be played in basically any role to some degree. Mid being probably her weakest.

Feels like she'd be awful at 1 too because of the aura changes, but what do I know? :shrug:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Kild posted:

topson is very super good on mid venge

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Esports4d/status/1317257322964672512

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Pleased to see valve supporting SA scene, I know they keep it low key but would love to see a road map. Having dedicated people to just the competitive scene would go a long way for communication

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah but then they'd have to state what they plan to do and then people could hold them to task on it. Somehow Valve seems to prefer this system of getting called out and then performing some minimum effort damage control.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I missed game 1 so idk how it went but Mudgolems looks really good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

so apparently Snapfire eating Io with aghs stops it from relocating back to the original location

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

so apparently Snapfire eating Io with aghs stops it from relocating back to the original location

Is that the only interaction like that? What about shadow demon's disrupt or ODs astral?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Is that the only interaction like that? What about shadow demon's disrupt or ODs astral?

The way OD and Fogged were talking about it I would assume neither of them work, though they didn't mention either specifically.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if Snapfire eats an ulted Underlord?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Hook should work? Anything with forced movement should theoretically work

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Knowlue posted:

Oh cool I just left the guild I was in during battle pass. Added you on steam as HydratedRaisin

Just added you!

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Zurreco posted:

I really want to love this game, but I just don't understand how a game can receive so little work in a year's time.

It's seems like the crew responsible for updates sits around all year doing nothing, but as long as the game makes money management doesn't care.

Is there just a lot of unfinished work that sits around?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Reminder that all recent and upcoming lore/heroes were actually developed years ago and were partially leaked. It's not like anyone is actively developing anything at Valve's DOTA2 team aside from visuals.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm actually ok with them limiting new heroes to a couple per year.

What are the unreleased ones left from the leak? I don't remember it (if I even ever saw it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IcePhoenix posted:

What are the unreleased ones left from the leak? I don't remember it (if I even ever saw it)

You've seen it. What is still publicly available is here.

Much of the content was adapted for Underlords/Artifact and is super heavily referenced ever since Willow/Pango were released. A lot of the new character stuff found in the recent audio dumps can be directly tied to more characters from this.