Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I suspect there is going to come a time where I absolutely don’t tell people exactly how to get away with poaching game birds without using a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I've read that all the people in power are gonna profit a ton from no deal brexit but I genuinely was naive enough to think they wouldn't want their legacy to be the anhilation of the UK.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I was supposed to be in Poland right now knee deep in hookers and blow. This Corona thing is really starting to get annoying.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

I've read that all the people in power are gonna profit a ton from no deal brexit but I genuinely was naive enough to think they wouldn't want their legacy to be the anhilation of the UK.

The Tories have morphed into this half-Maoist sect. They're all good with the tearing down of existing institutions half of Maoism but not the other half that involves building up new stuff in their place. It's all very odd. This thread isn't really the place to discuss it but there's something profoundly malfunctioning in our society and I don't quite know what it is.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I suspect there is going to come a time where I absolutely don’t tell people exactly how to get away with poaching game birds without using a shotgun.

I'm sure I've read a book about that, I think sleeping pills were involved

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pseudohog posted:

I'm sure I've read a book about that, I think sleeping pills were involved

Lol grandad always said that would never work because they would cause the birds to bloat up and because they can’t fart or burp they would explode.

It involves seeds, good timing, two cars and corrugated iron,

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A big old fishing net and a hammer

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

A big old fishing net and a hammer

Nope, make too much noise. Quiet thumps is what you are after at dawn.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I probably shouldn’t have been taught this at 8 years old and yet here we are.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Nope, make too much noise. Quiet thumps is what you are after at dawn.

Kids are usually pretty sound asleep at that time but yeah it would be nice to have better sound insulation between rooms. Certainly something I won't skimp on in the new place.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Lol grandad always said that would never work because they would cause the birds to bloat up and because they can’t fart or burp they would explode.

Roald Dahl lied to me! But I can still get away with murdering someone with a frozen leg of lamb and then roasting it and serving it to the coppers, right?

learnincurve posted:

It involves seeds, good timing, two cars and corrugated iron,

OK, now I'm trying to visualise this and all I can see is a giant pair of cymbals

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

i do not think they will particularly care as they retire on the proceeds to their tax haven island surrounded by aa guns to shoot any poors that try to get near

odds are good that said island will be the uk

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There's a few things in Champion of the World that are exaggerated but one that isn't is that pheasants loving love raisins. If you had the patience to cut up a bunch of raisins and put tranquillisers in them I reckon it would work if you somehow knew what dose they needed. Much easier to just soak the raisins in booze and let them go at those until they're too pissed to fly. Never seen one explode.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Pseudohog posted:

Roald Dahl lied to me! But I can still get away with murdering someone with a frozen leg of lamb and then roasting it and serving it to the coppers, right?

That was a loving weird story to read as a kid when your precious Dahl experience was all Matilda and James & the Giant Peach.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Party Boat posted:

There's a few things in Champion of the World that are exaggerated but one that isn't is that pheasants loving love raisins. If you had the patience to cut up a bunch of raisins and put tranquillisers in them I reckon it would work if you somehow knew what dose they needed. Much easier to just soak the raisins in booze and let them go at those until they're too pissed to fly. Never seen one explode.

You can also ferment grapes, pour your bucket and then scatter seeds over the area you have primed, you want to train them to stay where they are eating rather than pick up and fly off into an area where you would be trespassing.

(Edit: my grandad was literally a poacher though “it was a different time”)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Poaching is good and gamekeepers are the worst class traitor cunts there are. Fuckers have been done for poisoning endangered birds of prey.

Just realised this is chat and not ukmt...

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've only poached an egg. Bit of a disappointment really. Unless you've never used a gun it's pretty much impossible to miss

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I once had to killl an ill pigeon in my garden but wasn't brave enough so had to get my sister to do it

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Tories have morphed into this half-Maoist sect. They're all good with the tearing down of existing institutions half of Maoism but not the other half that involves building up new stuff in their place. It's all very odd. This thread isn't really the place to discuss it but there's something profoundly malfunctioning in our society and I don't quite know what it is.

They're way on brand them because neither was actual Maoism!

I'm pretty sure Cummings, Bannon and friends are just mainlining the Littlefinger chaos speech at this point.

Presumably the malfunctioning part is that all the conniving, competent talent flees the country to shadowy international asset management and only dregs remain in politics.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I found a sick pigeon in the road recently but also wasn’t brave enough to try killing it. Took it to the local vets so they could do it, at least they should know the technique.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

no fighting politics in the war snack chat room

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fyi pineapple jaffa cakes are poo poo, worse than jammy dodgers even

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

kecske posted:

fyi pineapple jaffa cakes are poo poo, worse than jammy dodgers even

pineapple what now
WHAT

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

furthermore im devastated to learn the chinese takeaway has closed down and is being replaced by a ribs and bbq takeaway, but its the waxed mustache tips and plaid shirt kind and not the kebab shop kind

thats all for now please like and subscribe

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Solefald posted:

pineapple what now
WHAT

agreed, they sound like warcrimes

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

agreed, they sound like warcrimes
I knoooowww, I feel sick at the thought jesus christ noooo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

welp not reading the grown ups thread for a bit. bit miserable.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You make me feel like a natural wombat.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

welp not reading the grown ups thread for a bit. bit miserable.

no you need to prepare to live like the guy from The Road and tie cardboard to your feet and kill a man for his stockpiled soup tins

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

kecske posted:

no you need to prepare to live like the guy from The Road and tie cardboard to your feet and kill a man for with his stockpiled soup tins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf3b1AJNAR8

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kecske posted:

no you need to prepare to live like the guy from The Road and tie cardboard to your feet and kill a man for his stockpiled soup tins

that's the optimistic view. Others are saying to just batter yourself to death with the soup tins because if all we've got is soup that's all well ever have and who wants to eat soup? You're already dead

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

grown ups thread

You can’t mean the thread I think you do

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Have varnished my living room floors over the last couple of days. When the apocalypse comes, I'll have nice, clean, waterproof floors at least.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The marauders will slip over home alone style, genius

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

how does tipping on deliveroo work? If I chuck a fiver on the app does the the restaurant tip them out from the order or does it come at set intervals?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TTerrible posted:

You can’t mean the thread I think you do

Lol. Yeah. But nah.

kecske posted:

how does tipping on deliveroo work? If I chuck a fiver on the app does the the restaurant tip them out from the order or does it come at set intervals?

You should really be stockpiling your deliveroo credit for the apocalypse. I've got my deliveroo outfit in the garage for of I need to pretended to be one to entrap potential sources of I dunno protein or whatever

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Googling 'Uk top 100' and finding that there's not just songs, or bands, but whole musical genres that I never knew existed. I'm old, lol.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
This 21st century music seems suspiciously similar to 20th century music, except ruthlesslsly aimed at people who get their influences through Youtube and other social media.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kecske posted:

Driver gets the full tip after he delivers your order. Though you can now tip after the delivery which is worth doing instead so you don't have to risk tipping some dude who just steals your food.

I think you might be able to 'tip the restaurant' too but that's dumb lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

talking of deliveries I'm going to get running again. Im the fattest and probably oldest Ive ever been. Tie to turn the tide, its just going to be really awkward if theres an apocalypse and i'm really fat. If youre already thin at least its less of a n abrupt change. Girlfriend zoom ended in acrimony again.