Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
2020 is the worst year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

lol holy poo poo there are so many afl teams in melbourne

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

sudo rm -rf posted:

lol holy poo poo there are so many afl teams in melbourne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZYZcoAcU0

enjoy

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

gay picnic defence posted:

Razor Ray must’ve hosed up pretty good if he can’t get a gig ahead of those clowns

His centre bounces were embarrassingly bad last week, must have given him the week off to practice.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

yeah i watched this and one other video before trying to watch that semi final

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ken Hinkley has confirmed that Brad Ebert has retired after coming off the ground late in the last quarter tonight.

Probably a BOG performance, in a prelim, sadly for him not with the win. A good career though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

sudo rm -rf posted:

yeah i watched this and one other video before trying to watch that semi final

welcome to the greatest indigenous sport in the world

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

Ken Hinkley has confirmed that Brad Ebert has retired after coming off the ground late in the last quarter tonight.

Probably a BOG performance, in a prelim, sadly for him not with the win. A good career though.

Makes sense why all his teams mates were going to him after the game. Probably not a bad time to with him getting a number of serious head knocks in a row.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well then

Go Brisbane. But also, go the Not Tigers.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Only cat teams left

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i have to become a carlton fan

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

too much fits - navy blue is also my alma mater's primary color, they last won something in the 90s like the braves and everton, they have a long and seemingly decorated history, and they haven't done poo poo since the early 2000s, so i'm not gloryhunting.

it's meant to be.

they aren't like secret nazis are they

sudo rm -rf fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 16, 2020

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

sudo rm -rf posted:

too much fits - navy blue is also my alma mater's primary color, they last won something in the 90s like the braves and everton, they have a long and seemingly decorated history, and they haven't done poo poo since the early 2000s, so i'm not gloryhunting.

it's meant to be.

Mafia actually

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

sudo rm -rf posted:

it's meant to be.

They also have EDDIE BETTS, the most likable player in the game today.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

sudo rm -rf posted:

open neocon mafioso

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
According to the Herald Sun we got Tom Lynch all wrong! Sure he punches people in the back of the head, sure he holds his knee on people’s necks, but he talked to a crying Port child fan or something, I dunno, good bloke!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
(The child was crying because tom lynch had just punched them)

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

How is it any comfort anyways? Kid is crying because his team gets knocked out ... hated player from the winning team comes over to tell him its gonna be ok... kid should have told him to gently caress off.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t think kids see superstars from other teams as ginormous fuckheads like we do.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s a good thing that he did, while covered in rum and Cokes from the crowd

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That kid was sitting there deliberately to see the tigers players walk off. He looks up to them as footballers

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

sudo rm -rf posted:

it's meant to be.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mafia actually

Yes, well in the 90s. Carlton (and surrounds) is the suburb where most Italians settled down post ww2 and there have been a couple of italian connections with Carlton on the field, most notably the Carlton team of the century players Sergio and his son Stephen Silvagni.

BrigadierSensible posted:

They also have EDDIE BETTS, the most likable player in the game today.

for one final year :unsmith:

Anyway, good choice, we've been poo poo but now we're rising up the ladder and should make a jump and hopefully play finals next season with some big trades about to happen next month and a couple of players returning from long term injuries.
While we might not have done much since 2000, we did play and win a final from 9th on the ladder (top 8 make finals) so that was fun.

Subscribe to this fan channel who compiles highlights for each player every match and also uploads quarters of some games so you can watch some recent footy footage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuq2m0HIHpvCkgAsIKIMByQ

Such as his best tackles of the season video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sLlu4Ejjn4

And an hour of best goals of the season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pG46AC_Woo

And check out the games from these couple of players, of course the 2020 season is a bit weird to watch back with little to no crowd.

Jack Martin (#21) Half-Forward, first year at the club after coming across from the Gold Coast Suns, for free in the post-season draft after the suns refused a trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLa10_R8BKQ

Patrick Cripps (#9), co-captain and one of the best midfielders in the competition, just needs to work on his goal kicking accuracy, here are his 2020 highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyLy4htM4c

Sam Walsh (#18) midfielder, was the 2018 #1 draft pick and awarded best first year player (rising star award) last year. These are his second year highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6fo7BU0kM

Zac Fisher (#25) small-forward, missed most of this season through injury, only managed 8 games but when he did return he was very exciting to watch around goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtdzNxhEVYs

So yeah, we're getting better. Plus our women's team made the grand final last year (sadly lost) and were on the way to back back-to-back grand final appearances before the AFLW season was cancelled in March due to covid.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Heaps of Carlton videos

Man, you forgot the most famous Carlton video of them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzA2nFklDo4

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
well that goes without saying

along with this video, the same day Kennett and the liberals got rolled in an election and Carlton made it into the grand final with a most famous victory over essendon, with kouta putting on a clinic to show everyone else on the field how footy is played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfd47kds9E0

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Brisbane really should be 5-6 goals down, Geelong being wasteful and some iffy umpiring against them early.

Gaz is having a good game, wants to go out playing in another Grand Final.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
You hate to see Brisbane bottling their only chance at a home grand final :smith:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
a whole season of football has been played just for a richmond and geelong grand final?

zzzzz

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

a whole season of football has been played just for a richmond and geelong grand final?

zzzzz

Yeah but the possibility than Richmond loses and Grand Final might redeem 2020 if nothing else.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

boy undead posted:

zzzzz

:same:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Suck poo poo Lions, keep this shirt-grabbing sport south of the border

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

they changed the rules so there's no Grand Final replay, right?

a drawn Grand Final would be pretty funny.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

monolithburger posted:

Yeah but the possibility than Richmond loses and Grand Final might redeem 2020 if nothing else.

Either Richmond wins because the AFL gave them a season long free pass on thuggery and shithousery, or the future Liberal member for Corio Patrick Dangerfield wins after ensuring all of the working players wages are transferred to himself in the post-COVID seasons.

Both prospects are dire.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

they changed the rules so there's no Grand Final replay, right?

a drawn Grand Final would be pretty funny.

It goes to extra time

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WE ARE GEELONG

So loving happy at the moment, screw the haters

NTRabbit posted:

Either Richmond wins because the AFL gave them a season long free pass on thuggery and shithousery, or the future Liberal member for Corio Patrick Dangerfield wins after ensuring all of the working players wages are transferred to himself in the post-COVID seasons.

Both prospects are dire.

I will drink well from your tears if Dangerfield holds the Cup next week

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

realbez posted:

It goes to extra time

yeah yeah. 'tis a shame.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This is the grand final 2020 deserves, and the Cats are going to get loving trucked because they're old.

gently caress Richmond. Go Cats I guess.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So next week either Tom Lynch or Tom Hawkins will be a premiership player ... again.

So ...... yay?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Great, 2020 has forced me to barrack for a Geelong premiership. This year is hosed.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well then. Go Geelong I guess. I plan to ignore that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
yeah but think about how historic is will be to witness the first Gryan to ever win a premiership