Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##unvote

I just want to let him defend himself without a hammer slam. Still my pick to lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We're T-3 hours. If there is more to say, great, but this isn't a turbo by any means.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah but I'll be around and it seems like a nice thing for a newbie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A reasonable take.

That has no place in mafia.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

##unvote

I just want to let him defend himself without a hammer slam. Still my pick to lunch.

Honestly, I appreciate the chance, but outside of my existing argument I think I have accepted that my recent actions have painted a target on my head. Defending that against people who, for the most part, are familiar with one another is proving an uphill battle. I obviously the attention on me wasn't intended but came spurred out of an attempt to direct others to look at someone I believe to be acting against the interest of the town. I got over zealous and brash and that allowed others to poke holes in my logic. But, I still believe that sci has made a conceited effort to force attention away from himself - and he has done it beautifully.

I think bif, in recent pages has jumped at the opportunity to have me play scapegoat, and while I know he is pursuing a false hope, I will be curious to see how the rest of you react to the obvious revolation of my townie membership.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, my gut says lunch. Sorry. I'm being influenced by just using my newbie card as scum but like, it works.

vote Biaga

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Eh, my gut says lunch. Sorry. I'm being influenced by just using my newbie card as scum but like, it works.

vote Biaga

All good, bud.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

vote Biaga

You forgot the hashes, you need to format correctly to get it to count.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##Vote Biaga

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Biaga flips scum, wonder if all this "courtesy" from GG, and this misvote he hasn't fixed yet, is stalling and hoping to wait and see if the scales can be tipped slightly jn the meantime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lol well good figures soon as I start typing that he gets it in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is the final hour folks cmon the time is now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Biaga (6): Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Gumball Gumption, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Grandicap, -Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption
Scientastic (5): Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Natural 20, Bifauxnen, Biaga, -Natural 20, SolusLunes, -Bifauxnen, Natural 20
Toalpaz (1): Q_res
Amnistar (0): Natural 20, -Natural 20
sandnavyguy (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Scientastic, -Scientastic
Bifauxnen (0): Scientastic, -Scientastic
SolusLunes (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Gumball Gumption, -Gumball Gumption
Natural 20 (0): Amnistar, sandnavyguy, -sandnavyguy, -Amnistar, Grandicap, -Grandicap
Grandicap (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Amnistar, -Amnistar

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 14th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's about 37 minutes from this post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tbh between thanksgiving and the Pokémon game ending I haven’t paid much attention here. Will switch to avoid a no lynch idc

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Tbh between thanksgiving and the Pokémon game ending I haven’t paid much attention here. Will switch to avoid a no lynch idc

Ok you got twenty minutes to get around to it

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Voting to avoid NL, was also tied up with the end of the Pokemon game.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

##vote Biaga

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You guys do know you can tell us you're gonna vote and then go ahead to actually cast said vote in the same post right, we don't need a break to mentally process the proclamation here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok nvm good on ya whew we did it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

You guys do know you can tell us you're gonna vote and then go ahead to actually cast said vote in the same post right, we don't need a break to mentally process the proclamation here

Don’t you sass me bif

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok nvm good on ya whew we did it

I meant to, I just forgot to put my vote in before I sent my post...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Biaga has found himself too busy with his dating life to continue on in the game!

quote:

You are Yoshiaki Kibe, a close friend of Kazuya's. You've known him for a long time, and while you enjoy razzing him for his various shortcomings and bad decisions, you care deeply for him and will always have his back. Of late, it seems that he needs your tough love more than anything.

You are VANILLA TOWN and win when any and all threats to town have been removed from the game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Biaga (7): Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Gumball Gumption, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Grandicap, -Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption, Q_res
Scientastic (5): Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Natural 20, Bifauxnen, Biaga, -Natural 20, SolusLunes, -Bifauxnen, Natural 20
Amnistar (0): Natural 20, -Natural 20
sandnavyguy (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Scientastic, -Scientastic
Bifauxnen (0): Scientastic, -Scientastic
SolusLunes (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Gumball Gumption, -Gumball Gumption
Natural 20 (0): Amnistar, sandnavyguy, -sandnavyguy, -Amnistar, Grandicap, -Grandicap
Toalpaz (0): Q_res, -Q_res
Grandicap (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Amnistar, -Amnistar

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 14th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's about 2 minutes from this post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm a little disappointed that you decided Biaga wasn't going to hang around anymore, especially because his date idea sounded really nice.

quote:

Spurred by the changing seasons, and a lighter than normal wallet, I believe an ideal first date would revolve around a pleasant stroll through the park where we could exchange simple conversation about our day privately - but, still publicly so she feels comfortable. If conversation goes well, a park bench would offer a small stop as we meander together. With the date looming in the near future, my stomach was in knots, so my leftover sandwitch bread will be perfect to feed the ducks if we do end up stopping near the pond. If things go well, we can make our way to the small tea shop and stop for something warm. Maybe even one of the pastries we could share together. If, by chance things go really well in the park, and we end up staying later - there is a wonderful ramen house near the train station with student deals on Wednesday nights! We could continue our conversation as we enjoy the food and I could walk her to the train station after. Maybe she will let me hold her hand?

Regardless, I can still make it home in time to raid tonight, a man has priorities.

You guys have until 24 hours from this post to send your date plans to me by discord! In case I wasn't clear, it's about your date with whoever your crush might be/have been as a teen, so no submitting in-character or about the mod, even if it's good! If you have actions, you can submit them along with your plan! In the meantime, you can talk here, but only about your date plans! Don't test me!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I've had the chance to look over your submissions, and for the most part there were a lot of good date ideas! There can only be one winner, though, so here's my favorite:

quote:

The perfect first date for me as a teen, would’ve been to go on a museum trip we both would’ve attended looked at all the sculptures in the paintings. In doing so we can see what each other’s interests were, what we liked but we didn’t. If something caught their eye there I’d be able to tell how passionate they were or fascinated by the information they were. As a distinct lover of history or I would want somebody with as much of an inquisitive mind as I would be and my crush at the time did in fact have a love of lateral thinking puzzles.

All in all, we would proceed on the date by going out to dinner where we have nice gentle conversation about our goals and what we hope to achieve and get a real sense for who the other person is.After some small talk we go ahead and take a walk down the river just check out the nature and wildlife and see what’s going on. After this we should have a pretty good idea of what each other think about the world and whether or not we be a good match! Hopefully they’ll be up for a second date, and that one would take place at somewhere more fun, such as in a arcade or theme park to just let loose with each other and bond.

Now to convince darling...

For today, I want you to tell me a story about your favorite moment from this year with someone you care about. It can be platonic or romantic, in-person or virtual. My favorite submission will be rewarded again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist has moved away to a mountain town to presumably learn some life lessons and lead a harem there.

quote:

You are Kazuya Kinoshita, university student and neighbor to Chizuru. Down in the dumps after your ex-girlfriend broke things off out of nowhere, you look to a rental girlfriend to cheer yourself up. You never guessed how much you'd grow to care about her.

You are a TOWN BELOVED KNIGHT. You win when any and all threats to the town are removed from the game.

Mod's note: I've chatted with a few people about how Kazuya very much sucks in a lot of ways, but I think he's believably insecure and wishy-washy for that age. I don't recall how much the anime goes into it but he's got a good heart at his core and serves as a nice anchor for the more interesting characters.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (10): Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Gumball Gumption, Natural 20, Q_res, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

:h: With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 19th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's about 2 days, 23 hours from this post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wow thank you scum, I can never read RF and prolly woulda just led a bad lunch on him eventually, glad that's out of the way

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I guess it doesn’t really matter because he wouldn’t have got any results, but any ideas what a “beloved knight” is?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ummmm maybe a doc? Or BP.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think QRes might know that I’m town and have known that Biaga was town before his flip

Q_res posted:

Yeah, this push just feels low effort, I don't like it.

Popped by to agree with someone else (Grandicap?) that my execution didn’t feel right

Q_res posted:

Voting to avoid NL, was also tied up with the end of the Pokemon game.

Popped by to vote Biaga. But made sure to let everyone know that they were reluctant to do so and to excuse their lack of posting. That post showed a heightened awareness of how they appear.

##Vote Q_res

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I doing a sponsored bike ride today, I’m about to climb into my Lycra and spend the rest of the day in agony, but I just want to say how disappointed I was that my story of a young Taste arranging a terrible date for his teacher was deemed unacceptable.

And that my freshly written plan also didn’t win.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

t a s t e posted:

Mod's note: I've chatted with a few people about how Kazuya very much sucks in a lot of ways, but I think he's believably insecure and wishy-washy for that age. I don't recall how much the anime goes into it but he's got a good heart at his core and serves as a nice anchor for the more interesting characters.

People say Kazuya sucks, but that's because he reminds a lot of us how we were in our twenties and we don't want to be reminded of it.

Scientastic posted:

I guess it doesn’t really matter because he wouldn’t have got any results, but any ideas what a “beloved knight” is?

Beloved is generally "takes one extra vote to lunch", but knight is ???

Scientastic posted:

I doing a sponsored bike ride today, I’m about to climb into my Lycra and spend the rest of the day in agony, but I just want to say how disappointed I was that my story of a young Taste arranging a terrible date for his teacher was deemed unacceptable.

Post it anyway, I want to read that!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

SolusLunes posted:

From Mafia Roles:

"A Beloved Princess is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped."

So probably a variation on that? Loved is usually the extra vote, beloved in penalties to the town for killing them.

I'm not sure how mini golf and greek food, with pictures, did not win this challenge. But I am going to put that down to my poor prose instead of poor date idea.
I have excellent taste.

Gumball Gumption posted:

##unvote

##vote Gumball

This jumps out to me in light of the flip. Like thinking there might be a claim that would result in Biaga not getting executed and then Gumball coming across as pro-town for not pushing it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Wow thank you scum, I can never read RF and prolly woulda just led a bad lunch on him eventually, glad that's out of the way

Smells like vengeance.

Vengeance for Jeabus.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Amnistar posted:

From Mafia Roles:

"A Beloved Princess is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped."

So probably a variation on that? Loved is usually the extra vote, beloved in penalties to the town for killing them.

I'm not sure how mini golf and greek food, with pictures, did not win this challenge. But I am going to put that down to my poor prose instead of poor date idea.
I have excellent taste.

##vote Gumball

This jumps out to me in light of the flip. Like thinking there might be a claim that would result in Biaga not getting executed and then Gumball coming across as pro-town for not pushing it.

If that's what I was doing wouldn't I have taken the out anyway and swap my vote or try to push us into a D1 no lunch because we ran out of time? I could of just claimed his last post convinced me he was newbie town and not scum like I thought.

There is probably scum who voted for Biaga but I'm looking at SNG or Q_Res. SNG had an explanation for a different play style but then spent most of the game defending that and voted like an afterthought. Q_Res entire contribution was saying Biaga was a bad idea and then acting like we ran out of time and they had to vote Biaga to avoid no lunch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hi, I'm here. I'm posting.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Hi, I'm here. I'm posting.

Welcome to posting! Thoughts?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Smells like vengeance.

Vengeance for Jeabus.

Hehehe

Man, how is Jeabus these days, I never see him around

Gumball Gumption posted:

If that's what I was doing wouldn't I have taken the out anyway and swap my vote or try to push us into a D1 no lunch because we ran out of time? I could of just claimed his last post convinced me he was newbie town and not scum like I thought.

No, cause being present but removing your vote then never putting it back so it was very conspicuously your fault for a no-lunch woulda looked really bad for you? This is a weird justification.

I still got some vague gutfeels against GG but also Solus:

SolusLunes posted:

People say Kazuya sucks, but that's because he reminds a lot of us how we were in our twenties and we don't want to be reminded of it.

Post it anyway, I want to read that!

Got any game analysis you wanna talk about instead of just mechanics and anime gimmick chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I tried to read through yesterday. I think Sci probably only picked up momentum because I was afk on him. Honestly scum are probably op. I'd figure Amnistar and Nat20 for scum.