Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In my first playthrough I went to eventide immediately after getting the camera, had 4 hearts and very little experience.

That took a while but it was amazing. (I also cryonis'd the whole way there, hadn't gotten a leaf)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's a leaf on the same island as the raft, where the nearby(ish) shrine is. I Cryonis'd to the shrine island initially and then took the raft exploring and discovered Eventide.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It would never occur to me in 10,000 years to make an ice block bridge across the ocean. I had Max stamina before I attempted eventide and just hangglided the whole way

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I don't think you even need that many stamina upgrades to do it. My first time attempting Eventide I was at about this

The Bloop posted:

In my first playthrough I went to eventide immediately after getting the camera, had 4 hearts and very little experience.

power level (except I don't think I even had the camera yet, lol), and I'm pretty sure I hangglided to get there. I think I was maybe one or two upgrades away from a second full wheel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hang gliding doesn't use up stamina quickly and I'm pretty sure that hugely tall cliff that points toward Eventide is there for that reason, to be one way to get to the island.

Speaking of stamina, I'm going to use orbs for more of it now that I have the Master Sword. Is there any reason to need more hearts? I'll probably still end up getting more anyway since I still have Divine Beasts to complete.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Max stamina ASAP imo. Hearts only matter if you run out, and as soon as you get Faron tower, which is easily achievable once you leave the plateau, a constant stream of yellow hearts is trivial.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mipha’s Grace sort of makes your life total irrelevant for any amount of playtime longer than “fighting a Lynel”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think I glided there on my first attempt but took a raft on my second attempt so I could leave a save closer to starting the challenge.

Augus fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:sweatdrop:
All the playthroughs and talk broke me down enough to finally get around to redownloading it, maybe my Link can be one of the Worst Links too :smith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I made a second profile on my Switch for another game of BoTW (I've started my third one on that account, 4 in total at this point) because I don't want to get rid of my GOD OF DEATH original game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Loucks posted:

Max stamina ASAP imo. Hearts only matter if you run out, and as soon as you get Faron tower, which is easily achievable once you leave the plateau, a constant stream of yellow hearts is trivial.

You can also just use the statue to swap between so once you have enough for the master sword you can swap to hearts, grab it, then go back to all stamina.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I made a second profile on my Switch for another game of BoTW (I've started my third one on that account, 4 in total at this point) because I don't want to get rid of my GOD OF DEATH original game.

I thought of that, the only reason I didn't was so I didn't have to deal with linking a twitter account to it for screenshots.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

you... don't

it's not like screenshots belong to any switch profile. it's just one pool. it always asks which profile you want to tweet from.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Captain Hygiene posted:

All the playthroughs and talk broke me down enough to finally get around to redownloading it, maybe my Link can be one of the Worst Links too :smith:

Welcome brother

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Amppelix posted:

you... don't

it's not like screenshots belong to any switch profile. it's just one pool. it always asks which profile you want to tweet from.

:doh:
Major brain fart, I don't know why I didn't think about that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I created a Twitter account specifically for that at one point. That’s all that is posted there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/YMxA6QJ.mp4
Well, my no death run is finally over, at the first tower. :rip: Hyrule, lost to Calamity Ganon because Link didn't hit A fast enough

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can also just use the statue to swap between so once you have enough for the master sword you can swap to hearts, grab it, then go back to all stamina.

Yeah, that too. I used this to get the sword on my first game and was surprised the game didn’t try to gently caress me somehow. On my current run I didn’t even bother since I always had plenty of weapons anyway, and ancient armor makes ancient weapons stunningly effective for farming guardian parts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

lol, I never found this before because I got the DLC sometime around the endgame. This time I'm playing with power :black101:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Loucks posted:

Yeah, that too. I used this to get the sword on my first game and was surprised the game didn’t try to gently caress me somehow. On my current run I didn’t even bother since I always had plenty of weapons anyway, and ancient armor makes ancient weapons stunningly effective for farming guardian parts.

The tree actually suggests you do this if you fail to pick up the sword with enough stamina that it’s a viable option. Unfortunately it doesn’t tell you where you can do it, so the message just confused me on my first play through.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/Axk_000/status/1317043594608353281?s=20

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

It's so beautiful :allears:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well, my no death run is finally over, at the first tower. :rip: Hyrule, lost to Calamity Ganon because Link didn't hit A fast enough

I've seen and done this plenty of times but it still cracks me up. Thank you for posting.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

poo poo. And here I am shield-parrying maybe a quarter of the shots guardians take at me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Was it the first tower, as in the one you find on the Plateau? If so, even funnier cuz you don't even have the hang glider at that point. :laugh:

If it's the first one you found after leaving the Plateau, then slightly less funny. Only slightly. Better luck next time!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Age of Calamity looking real good.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Managed to play Majora’s Mask a bit. This feels more like an adventure game than a regular Zelda in my experience. I’ve only played BoTW and OoT before though, so I can’t say how unique it really is.

Mostly I’ve been exploring the city so far. I tried to go to the swamp, but didn’t figure out how to progress there. I’m guessing I might need bottle filled with something to heal the witch, but I haven’t found a bottle yet.

Currently I’m trying to solve the mystery of Anju and whatshisname. I got to talk to the masked dude after the postman deliver the letter. I also saw the conversation between the Curiosity shop dude and the guy trying to sell the stolen goods, but that didn’t seem to lead to anything.

I’m thinking I need to stop the mugging of the old lady to progress, but I’ll have to try that out during the next cycle.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Smol posted:

Managed to play Majora’s Mask a bit. This feels more like an adventure game than a regular Zelda in my experience. I’ve only played BoTW and OoT before though, so I can’t say how unique it really is.

Mostly I’ve been exploring the city so far. I tried to go to the swamp, but didn’t figure out how to progress there. I’m guessing I might need bottle filled with something to heal the witch, but I haven’t found a bottle yet.

Currently I’m trying to solve the mystery of Anju and whatshisname. I got to talk to the masked dude after the postman deliver the letter. I also saw the conversation between the Curiosity shop dude and the guy trying to sell the stolen goods, but that didn’t seem to lead to anything.

I’m thinking I need to stop the mugging of the old lady to progress, but I’ll have to try that out during the next cycle.

have you met the witch’s sister?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

romanowski posted:

have you met the witch’s sister?

Not looking for help, just documenting my progress.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Was it the first tower, as in the one you find on the Plateau? If so, even funnier cuz you don't even have the hang glider at that point. :laugh:

If it's the first one you found after leaving the Plateau, then slightly less funny. Only slightly. Better luck next time!

Lol yeah, it was the very first one. I did it a couple times, I think it took my brain a little bit to get used to a protagonist who gleefully hurls himself off of every ledge after playing some games where you at least pause a bit at high edges.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Reach for the stars!

I can recommend grabbing a royal guard weapon to do the infinite gems glitch asap.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 17, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

What's that hexagon-looking glow? Shield related? Also, are they calling that lightning intentionally or are they just That Good at timing?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

What's that hexagon-looking glow? Shield related? Also, are they calling that lightning intentionally or are they just That Good at timing?

those are abilities that you get for beating the divine beasts that you have limited uses of and then they recharge over time. The red glow is a barrier that saves you from taking a hit and the lightning is an attack summoned by triple-charging your weapon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nothing sucks worse in BOTW than farming falling stars. This is the one item they hosed up. I’m following the guide where you talk to the guy who tells you the phase of the moon and you sleep over and over till it’s a full moon. Then you warp to the top of the dueling peaks, make a fire, and sleep till night. You awake a 9PM and face Hateno village, wait and pray. The Star will spawn (90% of the time) between 9:30PM and 3AM. When it spawns, you can typically warp to Hateno tower and glide to it. Usually. There’s not much water around but if it lands in the little that’s there you’re hosed. Occasionally it will fall on the side of a cliff and when you get near “it spawns” and rolls down into water. If it lands a top a mountain, sometimes it just clips into the world when you get near.

If you do all the right, you can farm one every 3-4 minutes. A giant pain in the loving rear end...

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Cartoon Man posted:

Nothing sucks worse in BOTW than farming falling stars. This is the one item they hosed up. I’m following the guide where you talk to the guy who tells you the phase of the moon and you sleep over and over till it’s a full moon. Then you warp to the top of the dueling peaks, make a fire, and sleep till night. You awake a 9PM and face Hateno village, wait and pray. The Star will spawn (90% of the time) between 9:30PM and 3AM. When it spawns, you can typically warp to Hateno tower and glide to it. Usually. There’s not much water around but if it lands in the little that’s there you’re hosed. Occasionally it will fall on the side of a cliff and when you get near “it spawns” and rolls down into water. If it lands a top a mountain, sometimes it just clips into the world when you get near.

If you do all the right, you can farm one every 3-4 minutes. A giant pain in the loving rear end...

Yeah this poo poo drove me insane on my first run through. Hell even on my worst link run I’m doing now I watched it land less then five minutes real-time from my location and it was just gone

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Worst Link’s Master Quest: Mezer’s Meats

Thread Vote: Which Pin Should Link Go Towards Green Yellow Or Blue

————

Worst Link’s Pics & Picks

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I actually think it’s a cool mechanic to see it fall from the sky and glow off in the distance. I’m also willing to put up with weird shenanigans when it spawns and rolls into water or glitches out. My only problem with the item is that it’s needed to upgrade all the good gear and you’ll need like 15-20 of these bitches. It should’ve only been one or two stars needed the entire game to upgrade a piece of gear or two. Such a pain in the rear end...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Thread Vote: Which Pin Should Link Go Towards Green Yellow Or Blue

Green :greencube:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
And while I’m thinking about it, do the Twitter embeds slow load times more or less then inlining through a hosting site for the images? It definitely takes more time to do that but this travelogue is for all my posting friends in the Zelda thread so if anyone has any suggestions or demands feel free to at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

thrilla in vanilla posted:

And while I’m thinking about it, do the Twitter embeds slow load times more or less then inlining through a hosting site for the images? It definitely takes more time to do that but this travelogue is for all my posting friends in the Zelda thread so if anyone has any suggestions or demands feel free to at me.

Personally I'm fine either way. Twitter embeds have some bad days where they're slow to load, but it doesn't seem that much more frequent than imgur being slow. Hasn't bothered me so far, anyway.