Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's the default difficulty? Because that's 'normal' mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Celeste ranking list:

Celeste

What the gently caress is this bullshit Celeste ranking? You didn't even list PICO-8 Celeste. Shameful.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Just finished Death Stranding.

Wow, was not expecting that ending. What a game, probably my game of the year to be honest.

Again I don't see how people could say this story is bad. It was pure Kojima, knew not to take itself seriously even though it was serious, and just kept having moments that made you go oh poo poo thinking about the foreshadowing they placed in. So good!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Death stranding fcking owns, good job

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Kojims is really good at endings. Literally the only bad ending is MGSV because he did not have enough time to finish the game.

Yes I'm aware DS has like 4-5 ending fakeouts.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
wouldn't it be wild if that was still a fakeout and no one has actually found the real ending yet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The real ending is the friends we made along they way

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WaltherFeng posted:

Kojims is really good at endings. Literally the only bad ending is MGSV because he did not have enough time to finish the game.

Yes I'm aware DS has like 4-5 ending fakeouts.

To be fair he had a lot of time to finish the game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mgs2 ends bad

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah man, Death Standing is something else

ethanol posted:

Death stranding fcking owns, good job

Weedle
May 31, 2006

apologies if this got posted already (i skipped like eight pages) but it seems like a bad omen for the future of giant bomb if abby would rather be unemployed than keep working there after the sale

https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/1316830850701459458

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Giant Bomb is getting sold? To who?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Mgs2 ends bad
Hard disagree

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Codeacious posted:

It got sold along with the rest of CNet to RedVentures, a web marketing company

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Codeacious posted:

some digital marketing firm called “red ventures” is buying the entire cbs interactive portfolio which includes cnet, gamespot, metacritic, giant bomb, and some other stuff. the layoffs have already begun https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-08-layoffs-at-gamespot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am buying giant bomb

Weedle
May 31, 2006

oddium posted:

i am buying giant bomb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm probably more a fan of OG Giant Bomb, but that's still sad to see her go.

Going to be curious to see how gutted the sale leaves them.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Krumit's Tale is ridiculously good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

List of games I play right now: rimworld, crusader Kings 3, flight sim 2020, cod mw, bloodborne always

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I ordered enchiladas today and they were pretty good, wondering how best to reheat the rest. It's all heavily sauced, microwave i guess

You already reheated, but I’d suggest oven with foil over the top so the sauce doesn’t burn.

My FFT play continues, and Ramza is now a ninja :ninja:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Giant Bomb is cool and good, with the correct opinions on video games, I hope they don't die

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Giant Bomb is the only streaming group I like because they're old and jaded like me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
they're differently jaded and old than me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

You already reheated, but I’d suggest oven with foil over the top so the sauce doesn’t burn.

My FFT play continues, and Ramza is now a ninja :ninja:

give him barehanded, the monk ability, and turn him into a punch ninja

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

give him barehanded, the monk ability, and turn him into a punch ninja

Oh, will do!

Friendly reminder to download Streets of Kamurocho on Stream this weekend!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I beat Super Mario 64 today!

While I appreciate the game, and it was fun a good majority of the time, I think a few aspects of it did not age well. Towards the end of the game I spent more time battling the camera than doing actual platforming.

I still have 20 or so stars to collect, but I'll probably get them when I return to the game in a month or two.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Awesome Animals posted:

Oh, will do!

Friendly reminder to download Streets of Kamurocho on Stream this weekend!

I am pretty excited for it and I haven't even played any Yakuza game yet! (I have Y0 installed I will get to it soon)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when people were giving you tips, did anyone tell you about what Bravery and Faith actually do? it's worth looking up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey let’s say you’re playing an MMORPG and you’re forming a group to go through a dungeon. You just need one more person...

You advertise in the general chat channel, and after a few minutes, you eventually get two simultaneous responses: one from a player named DarkSephiroth, and other from a player named Delt4Zer0.

Who do you invite?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stev posted:

To be fair he had a lot of time to finish the game.

Not really, he had the same not-enough time that every AAA game doesn't have. Artists visions are big, but capitalist greed is bigger so the latter always gets the first, middle, and final say in the matter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Hey let’s say you’re playing an MMORPG and you’re forming a group to go through a dungeon. You just need one more person...

You advertise in the general chat channel, and after a few minutes, you eventually get two simultaneous responses: one from a player named DarkSephiroth, and other from a player named Delt4Zer0.

Who do you invite?

DarkSephiroth

1.) They know how to punctuate their name correctly, implying they'll at least be able to form a sentence
2.) Sephiroth is from a game over 20 years old. Whoever chose this 'ironic' name has probably gone by the handle for decades, and is probably at the point where they're too old to be and arsehole and played the game long enough to know mechanics inside and out.
3.) lol jk we checked their Raider.io Mythic+ score online and chose whoever had the highest number.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Who do you invite?

Delta Zero

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
c) xXxWeedGoku420xXx

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why isn't DarkSephiroth playing FFXIV

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Who do you invite?

DarkSephiroth, easily. One, his name makes sense and tells us everything we need to know. He fancies Sephiroth, but not the potentially redeemable Sephiroth, no this dude is going all-in on the darkness (evil people are better at videogames, it's a frighteningly direct correlation. for example, fred rodgers was the worst player in history at videogames, objectively). It also shows a certain gaming pedigree, I can assume this person is a fan of FF7 and had the patience to wade through its game systems and he sounds like someone who even went through the trouble of fighting all the secret Weapons and got Knights of the Round ASAP Disc 2. This is someone who lacks a little creativity and taste, two characteristics that are completely unsupported and useless in an MMO setting anyway. You can call him Dark, Darks, Darseph, Seph, Sephy, DS, or just D'roth. Easy to say and call out.

Delt4Zer0 on the other hand, what a loving mess. "Delt-four-Zerr-Oh" or "Delt-four-Zerr-Zero" or "Delt-four-Zerr-null" are all awful mouth-full names. Pretending it's leet and then translating the l337 is even worse, it gets you "DeltaZero." Either this person is an extreme niche Star Wars reference maker, which means they still like star wars enough in tyool 2020 to make a deep-cut reference to it. Any way you slice it, still being a self-described Star Wars fan is a little sad and pathetic. This is the name of someone who owns a Star wars related Funko Pop. Alternatively, this is just a username so unoriginal someone else had already taken it, and had to sub in arbitrary number substitution. The person probably chose it because it sounds vaguely militaristic, which means this person thinks military poo poo is cool, thinks "tactical" is a badass thing, and most often prefers videogames with thinly veiled excuses to simulate gun violence on increasingly realistic victims (FPS). This kid might have some good twitch reflexes when it comes to murder-sims in a point-n-click format but this is an MMO with no use for those skills, it just means this guy is going to be looking exclusively at some kills or damage metric he tracks that doesn't actually reflect how productive or useful he is being within a group.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In just under two hours, the first Games Ring of Honor match will begin. I will be racing Man with Hat in Ocarina of Time Randomizer. We will be streaming our perspectives at:

twitch.tv/cheetah7071
twitch.tv/mickrov

if you wanna watch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

In just under two hours, the first Games Ring of Honor match will begin. I will be racing Man with Hat in Ocarina of Time Randomizer. We will be streaming our perspectives at:

twitch.tv/cheetah7071
twitch.tv/mickrov

if you wanna watch

Post recording afterwards for those of us who are up at 3:30am about to go to bed :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was excited for the Yakuza demake but after reading about how this anniversary stuff has been handled (the Golden Axe one was made under crunch conditions, unceremoniously shelved, then brought back without telling the original devs or including them in the announcement) I have kinda cooled on the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
we need bread and circuses to distract us from the problems with our bread and circuses