Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
We already know they're stupid tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Death Loop is exclusive to PS5, but I imagine anything released after that is going to be Xbox / PC exclusive. Sony not getting future titles created by Todd Howards team, is going to really hurt them, they will feel that financially because those games sell tens of millions of copies.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

its an exciting time to wait and see

Xbox: its an exciting time to wait and see

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Stux posted:

if any bethesda stuff is on ps5 theyre stupid

Please be excited for Elder scrolls online and Fallout 76.5 for next gen systems.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Death Loop is exclusive to PS5, but I imagine anything released after that is going to be Xbox / PC exclusive. Sony not getting future titles created by Todd Howards team, is going to really hurt them, they will feel that financially because those games sell tens of millions of copies.

ghostwire tokyo is after and its...exclusive to ps5

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I said come in! posted:

Death loop is a timed exclusive, sure it will be free on gamepass after the exclusivity lapses

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think gamepass is absolutely going to change how and what games make it to market. Considering most achievements show the majority of players never finish games, like ever, hopefully we’ll see more shorter games that can be supported longer vs giant 5+ yr dev cycles that make or break a company.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

And a bunch of multiplayer hangout service games on various themes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

Well we all know Microsoft makes nothing but good decisions.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

And a bunch of multiplayer hangout service games on various themes

Expect to see a lot more single player because gaas needs the player to stay engaged in that one game, which defeats the purpose of gamepass as they'll just drop the sub after using the discount to purchase the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

Expect to see a lot more single player because gaas needs the player to stay engaged in that one game, which defeats the purpose of gamepass as they'll just drop the sub after using the discount to purchase the game.

Nah gaas is perfect for gamepass cause every update brings you back

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah gaas is perfect for gamepass cause every update brings you back

For that one single game, which you can still purchase at a discount. Why would anyone keep the gamepass sub after that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

For that one single game, which you can still purchase at a discount. Why would anyone keep the gamepass sub after that?

I have no idea but sea of thieves and grounded and gaas halo are all getting made

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I have no idea but sea of thieves and grounded and gaas halo are all getting made

Sea of thieves and halo were both already chosen to be this before their new path or gamepass's existence. All I'm saying is expect to see more single player games, as that's the only way they can keep people engaged on the subscription. Bethesda games will stay single player, still going to get more arkane games, plus a lot of the recent acquisitions already had projects in place, like grounded and bleeding edge, and are already working on other things. You need a constant stream of games and if they're all gaas, you're not gonna have a sub base since they're spending it all on VC and skins.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda's recently published games have been Fallout 76, an online game, Wolfenstein Youngblood, a co-op game and Doom Eternal, which pushed its terrible multiplayer big time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I think gamepass is absolutely going to change how and what games make it to market. Considering most achievements show the majority of players never finish games, like ever, hopefully we’ll see more shorter games that can be supported longer vs giant 5+ yr dev cycles that make or break a company.

gently caress that it’s gonna be all GaaS bullshit to offset the lack of money up front

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

bushisms.txt posted:

All I'm saying is expect to see more single player games, as that's the only way they can keep people engaged on the subscription.

You think people are more engaged with single player games than multiplayer? I’ve always spent way more time playing multiplayer games than single player.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

No it won’t.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im excited to play Full Throttle, a game I wanted to play but not like, directly buy and own level interested.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Im excited to play Full Throttle, a game I wanted to play but not like, directly buy and own

It's easily the weakest of those 3 IMO

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's easily the weakest of those 3 IMO

Could very well be true but the aesthetic is always the more appealing one if that makes sense. Everyone always tells me day of the tentacle is great but the setting and concept doesn't appeal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grim fandango is exceptional except the parts where its hard to figure out what they want you to do

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Day of the Tentacle is my favorite Lucas Arts game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

Day of the Tentacle is my favorite Lucas Arts game.

Same. Maybe the only game my dad and I played together. Good memories.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
They gon put an Xbox logo screen in front of that Bethesda ps5 game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

They gon put an Xbox logo screen in front of that Bethesda ps5 game

The deal may not be done by the time it launches.

Now will they back patch it so it does when it finishes? Oh I absolutely would.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bethesda will still keep their publishing label and not be part of xgs so it will likely say "bethedsa, a microsoft company" rather than throw a xbox logo up but it would be funny.

Minecraft also isnt a xgs thing, what do their splash screens say?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Ryoga posted:

Full throttle might be one of the easiest adventure games ever but it's still one of the best.

I feel like with any adventure game any “difficulty” is in direct conflict with how enjoyable it is.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Stan Taylor posted:

I feel like with any adventure game any “difficulty” is in direct conflict with how enjoyable it is.

When the difficulty comes from moon logic, yeah. Well designed tough puzzles are nice, if rare in the genre.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Crafty posted:

You think people are more engaged with single player games than multiplayer? I’ve always spent way more time playing multiplayer games than single player.

To the subscription service, yes. Again, I'm not talking about what takes up more time, in fact I'm pointing to that as the problem with multiplayer gaas being the only thing on the service. Okay sure, single player games will get extra features to try to stop the bleeding, like ghosts of tushima, but the majority have already moved on. Gamepass is about an ever growing library you can just pick something up and play. If you're stuck playing one game, what good is the sub?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I havent used Game Pass for GaaS titles in general. Its been amazing because I can fire up shorter singleplayer games without the same level of risk getting burned for 20 bucks. This month Ive gotten through brutal legend, found out I hate Ikenfell, played Katana Zero for about as much as I think Im going to care to. I still have night in the woods to chew on but, as mentioned up thread Ill probably never actually play it and am excited to play Full Throttle in the future*

*Dont have a computer at the moment so, who knows when really.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My Game Pass usage has been almost exclusively small indie games. Carrion, Spiritfarer, Hotshots Racing. I don't give a poo poo about Halo or Gears or whatever. Forza is awesome but the majority of my downloads from the service aren't AAA games.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Stux posted:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We already know they're stupid tho

they did call the third xbox Xbox One

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I said come in! posted:

Sony will be fine. Those games aren't going to be selling the same numbers anymore.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

they did call the third xbox Xbox One

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1316973332609310720
https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1316975587609792513

XSX even looks like X5X, and it's less upsetting to the marketers than Xbone

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On the note of of Game Pass; Pikuniku. Its a fairly easy simple short little game that I would have a hard time suggesting to people for 13 bucks but Ive had a good time and enjoyed it. Still playing but can't imagine it nosediving at this point.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Shirkelton posted:

Sony will be fine. Those games aren't going to be selling the same numbers anymore.
Yeah. Skyrim sold way less than Oblivion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Yeah. Skyrim sold way less than Oblivion.

Did it actually?! That's mad considering Skyrim came out on double the platforms

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did it actually?! That's mad considering Skyrim came out on double the platforms
No. Skyrim is the 19th highest selling video game of all time. I was making fun of they guy that said they aren't going to sell well anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Oblivion for the PS3, widely considered the best version of the game.