Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Acerbatus posted:

Face me, coward.

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

KillHour posted:

The free remake they half did but abandoned is really good, if lacking a little in content.

Edit: '99 is still the best though
Not an empty-quote. I still hope they'll come back to it at some point when Fortnite isn't as all-consuming as it is now :shrug:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I will kick your butt at board games
(via Tabletop Simulator)

Unless you are in Australia, then I will kick your butt IN PERSON
(at board games)

Hit me up if you want a little bit of down under thunder
(Time zones TBA)

Does this open challenge extend to TCGs?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I am accepting any and all challenges related to Mega Man. I am also challenging goon Nep-Nep to 11 Mega Man games in a row.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Does this open challenge extend to TCGs?

I unfortunately do not play card games :(
(As I am bad at them)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Oyster posted:

I am accepting any and all challenges related to Mega Man. I am also challenging goon Nep-Nep to 11 Mega Man games in a row.

I accept, hmu on discord some time and we can work out the dates and details

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I unfortunately do not play card games :(
(As I am bad at them)

Shoot, all the non card heavy board games I know aren't competitive so I don't know what to challenge you in.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

aniviron posted:

2k4 is pretty much 2k3 but with More Stuff. I definitely have a CD copy and a steam copy of 2k4 but might have to try and dig up 2k3 as well.

If you need me to say some mean words or something so we can kick off a grudge I can probably also manage that. I have a setup that can stream, too.

Whelp, turns out I don't have either, and they still want $10 for 2k4 when not on sale, which is a lil more than a one-off match is worth to me. Sorry, no insults of your butt shamelessly stolen from Strong Bad today.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

This is where I admit I have absolutely no idea how to make this work as an online game, and it probably is not possible. I'm sorry, I have brought dishonour to this thread.

aha, victory by default! and now to never participate in another duel

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

This is where I admit I have absolutely no idea how to make this work as an online game, and it probably is not possible. I'm sorry, I have brought dishonour to this thread.

I don't know how difficult it is to setup/how well it works (or if it's even possible with emulators of whatever console this game is on), but many emulators have the ability to do local multiplayer over internet now.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Some Goon posted:

Whelp, turns out I don't have either, and they still want $10 for 2k4 when not on sale, which is a lil more than a one-off match is worth to me. Sorry, no insults of your butt shamelessly stolen from Strong Bad today.

:hellyeah: I am so good at grudging.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Nep-Nep and I will be facing off with Mega Man 1 through 11 on Saturday, November 7th at 11 AM EST.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If I got my timezones right, I will be racing Man with Hat in just over 24 hours, in Ocarina of Time randomizer

I will be streaming it at twitch.tv/cheetah7071

Maybe post the seed 15 minutes ahead of time?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:siren::siren:WE HAVE GOT A MATCH TIME SET:siren::siren:

Tomorrow, October 16, 2020 at some point between 4pm and 5pm EASTERN Relax or DIE will indeed die at my hands in a best of 5 Starcraft II match. If someone wants to obs & stream, we would love to have you. Shoot either of us a PM about it and we can work something out. If that doesn't happen we'll probably just stream POVs or something like that. Keep your eyes peeled for additional details. This is going to be some very high level play.

Amp fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 16, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
additionally if i win the official Games Forum Time Zone will be Mountain Time

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

If I got my timezones right, I will be racing Man with Hat in just over 24 hours, in Ocarina of Time randomizer

I will be streaming it at twitch.tv/cheetah7071

Maybe post the seed 15 minutes ahead of time?

We're doing this in two and a half hours from this post.

I'll be streaming my run at https://www.twitch.tv/mickrov if anyone wants to watch

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
soon the matches between myself and whoever the other guy is will be at:

me: twitch.tv/pharohdactyl
them: twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

no criticism please i cannot handle it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

You can yell at me in chat if you want

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Well, I have been defeated 3-1 in Starcraft II. Congrats to Relax or DIE, resident Starcraft II Moderator Champion and all around swell guy.

I'm not even sure what my punishment is!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I enjoyed watching even though I was clueless!!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

VideoGames posted:

I enjoyed watching even though I was clueless!!

It's a little late but here's the primer for sc2.

You turtle up on 2 bases until you have a max population army and then you right click on the other players base and sit back

May 8, 2006

your punishment is having to continue to mod this forum!!! get owned idiot gg no re

once it's done processing i'll link the youtube copy of our match stream

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I completed the OoTR race with a time of 3:17:01

you can watch my half here:

https://twitch.tv/videos/773380074

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:siren::siren:WE HAVE GOT A MATCH TIME SET:siren::siren:

Tomorrow, October 16, 2020 at some point between 4pm and 5pm EASTERN Relax or DIE will indeed die at my hands in a best of 5 Starcraft II match. If someone wants to obs & stream, we would love to have you. Shoot either of us a PM about it and we can work something out. If that doesn't happen we'll probably just stream POVs or something like that. Keep your eyes peeled for additional details. This is going to be some very high level play.

You never posted your battletag!!

May 8, 2006

here is my match perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tCVcZXfZ4&t=4s

see if you can tell when my cat decided to climb all over me!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

if I defeat you I will post a childish pun on your name

As promised:

Man with Fart

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

SeXReX posted:

It's a little late but here's the primer for sc2.

turtle [...] 2

Did you just challenge the thread to a Turtle 2 the arcade game race? Because it is on in that case.

cheetah7071 posted:

you can watch my half here:

https://twitch.tv/videos/773380074

My half will probably be muted since I played copyrighted music the whole time. Also I lost, a lot, congrats to Cheetah for still being better than me at OoTR! It was fun though! And thanks to anyone who showed up for any of our streams.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I challenge to do a 1v2 vs the guys who did the best of 5 in starcraft 2

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

As promised:

Man with Fart

I gotta say, this is strong incentive to race you in OoT Randomizer

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arzaac posted:

I gotta say, this is strong incentive to race you in OoT Randomizer

I'm up for more!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

oh no that would be peak embarrassment

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::boonie::australia: OPEN CHALLENGE :australia::boonie::siren:
:siren::spooky: TIME TO GET SPOOKY MOTHER FUCKERS :spooky::siren:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to form a team of Goons to fight me 4 vs 1 in Fury of Dracula; wherein I will proceed to murder the gently caress out of you all as the titular namesake.
You would be incorrect in assuming that this is somehow an unfair fight for me in any way shape or form, as I can assure you Dracula will punch a hole clean through your chest if you are not prepared.

:getin:

Requirements:
- A team of 4 players (I will not help you form the squad!) :siren:
- A copy of Tabletop Simulator
- This Fury of Dracula workshop module

Starting Time
Due to ~time zone nonsense~ It will be in the morning for me, as this time generally works out 'best' globally.
- 10 or 11am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard) November 1st :siren:
- 8 or 9pm EDT
- 5 or 6pm PDT
- 1 or 2am BST
(We can talk about what time works best for people)

Most games will take 2-3+ hours to play, please set aside time for this! :siren:

Streaming
- If someone could stream the event that would be great, as I am lazy and don't want to setup twitch again :v:

How to Play
Here is the first of a 2 part episode of Fury of Dracula being played, and what inspired me to pick it up in the first place
I strongly recommend you watch the first episode at the very least to get an understanding of the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kU__uZDYTI&t=86s
(:rip: Grant Imahara)

Here is a pretty good overview of mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwtvXzSzgE

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 19, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr

- Form a team of 4 Goons, and then send me a PM once you've assemble a crew. We will work out details of start time, discord, streams, etc
I will not help you form the team.

- If no team is put forth in time, I will assume you are all cowards and claim :siren: SUPREME VICTORY :siren:
Dracula will hence forth rule forever, and your souls are forfiet this coming hallows eve.

- Come get your arse kicked in Fury of Dracula fuckers :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkzENGzjN8

Cross-posted in:
- Games Chat
- Trad Games Chat
- Board Game Thread
- Mafia Thread

Not sure where else to highlight :thunk:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 19, 2020

May 8, 2006

teasing aside Infinitum's idea here is rad as poo poo, I can't commit to that day yet or i'd try to form a team

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

i will submit to a hilarious bodying of SNU and myself by someone who actually knows how to play the game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In honor of me being an absolute tool who REALLY needs to work on her Pokemon Stadium LP, I will fight anyone in Pokemon Showdown. It's a browser-based Pokemon battle simulator. The format I choose is not my best, but it's definitely the one that's most on theme: Generation 1 OU.

Fight me, best of three rounds. If you win, you get to guilt me into working on my LP. If I win, I... probably still feel guilty about needing to work on my LP.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

:siren::boonie::australia: OPEN CHALLENGE :australia::boonie::siren:
:siren::spooky: TIME TO GET SPOOKY MOTHER FUCKERS :spooky::siren:

I don't know how to play FoD, but I'm willing to learn, if there isn't a bunch of more experienced hunters out there. (In which case, I'll step aside and watch the masters at work)
I have the added benefit of being Australian too, so that would potentially make timings easier! Although, I've never used Twitch, so I can't be much help there.

Also drat, how did I never know about this thread? I hope I haven't missed any R6 Siege or Sea of Thieves showdowns!

EDIT: Oh and which edition is this for, btw?

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 19, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It will be 4th Edition rules.

I'll double check to ensure the TTS module has the correct rule book in it, as I can just reference my physical.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I have 2 copies of Tabletop Simulator to give away for people too if they need them and may be monetarily constrained. I can probably also stream it Inf, slide into my PMs if you want to hash out specifics.

Relax Or DIE posted:

teasing aside Infinitum's idea here is rad as poo poo, I can't commit to that day yet or i'd try to form a team

i will submit to a hilarious bodying of SNU and myself by someone who actually knows how to play the game

Also yeah, let's just do this for the amusement factor regardless.

Amp fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 19, 2020

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

cheetah7071 posted:

Your reign of terror ends here. I will take you down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Aston posted:

Your reign of terror ends here. I will take you down.

I'm in pacific time zone. Suggest a time and a set of settings and we can go from there. PM me or hit me up on discord at Cheetah7071#0554