Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

I could be talked into this being an East playoff team:

Mitchell Robinson
Julius Randle
Melo
Dennis Smith
Chris Paul

Do a couple smart draft picks, you're in business.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=2004485685f8b5982e83b4983760074

Starting Dennis Smith and Melo could get rough. Especially if Robinson doesn’t get better about fouling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thinking how funny the reactions from new York fans as they see cp3 do nothing productive for 3 quarters for the first time.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Rick posted:

Mitchell Robinson
Julius Randle
Melo
Dennis Smith
Chris Paul

I feel like any Knicks CP3 trade would involve Randle to keep their payroll open in 2021-2022

Also, Adams (assuming he stays) would seem to fit well with Randle

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 17, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dumping cp3’s contract is probably enough for the thunder not to ask for much back yeah?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Declan MacManus posted:

dumping cp3’s contract is probably enough for the thunder not to ask for much back yeah?

Doubt it considering they got rid of the most popular player in franchise history for him. Plus it's the Knicks dealing with Hinkie, he's gonna fleece them.

E: *Presti

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 17, 2020

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

BWV posted:

One time I got too drunk at a Christmas party and ended up telling a professional artist/professor why pop art is overrated and devoid of affect. He said that was a fine opinion to have, as not all art is for everyone. I then told him it wasn't an opinion but the actual Truth and that these wishy washy aesthetics were bullshit and a rip off of early Dada. I saw him at the same party a year later and he oddly avoided me.

Took a couple of reads before my brain didn't auto-replace pop art with pop dog

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Okc isn't paying tax but they don't really care about the cap right now so no lol

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I think the Knicks back up the Brinks truck for FVV to make themselves look like a team on the rise for 21-22 rather than get stuck paying out assets for the CP3 / Westbrook contracts.

Fred may force the Knicks into that deal himself, however.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thunder are going to upgrade the swaps with the Rockets to swaps with the Knicks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vernacular posted:

I feel like any Knicks CP3 trade would involve Randle to keep their payroll open in 2021-2022

Also, Adams (assuming he stays) would seem to fit well with Randle

So the trick to Julius Randle's contract is it's un-guaranteed its last year, so the Knicks have a defacto team option on him. They can get to a max still if they want to give up on Knox and RJ.

Metapod posted:

Okc isn't paying tax but they don't really care about the cap right now so no lol

If the plan really is to tank that is gonna be hard with both Shai and CP on the roster. I dunno if Billy was still there I could see them asking for Knox and seeing if they could develop him. I just picked Payton since he already had some familiarity with OKC. THey could probably get 2021 out of the Knicks too but . . . that's soooooooooooo many picks that year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh cp3 is getting traded without question but they aren't shipping him out just to get out of that contract which is what Declan was saying. Presti is getting more 'sets baby

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Doubt it considering they got rid of the most popular player in franchise history for him. Plus it's the Knicks dealing with Hinkie, he's gonna fleece them.

It's a $44m contract, this coming season would be a great opportunity to turn cap space into assets/take fliers on guys.

I think as long as OKC isn't taking anything bad back or anything else valuable out they'd hit accept on just about anything.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Can people stop interrupting art chat with Knicks posting we’re trying to talk about things that are nice to look at

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Getting assets is practically the worst thing you can do

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Knicks are Jeff Koons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guys who win in the playoffs >>>>> assets

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Guys who win in the playoffs >>>>> assets

Yeah that's why we're trading away chris

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

The Knicks are Jeff Koons

True

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

I agree. They're kind of out of their goddamn minds for not listing Jimmy as a potential hall of famer.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

Mitchell Robinson
Julius Randle
Melo
Dennis Smith
Chris Paul

DSJ sucks total rear end. Zero defense and he regressed hugely on offense. Can't drive, can't shoot, can't hit a 3. He'll flash for a dunk or two a game but the moments of clarity are too far between. Randle's a black hole on offense and I don't think that would change much with the addition of smart veteran presence.

The real addition to CP3 would hopefully move Payton to the bench and give the Knicks any resemblance of a second unit. Either way this would be stupid as hell because it'd just make the Knicks a middling east playoff team instead of correctly tanking for an alignment of superstar free agency signings or a big #1 draft pick.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do superstar free agents ever sign with the Knicks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If one of us on the forum has a child now, and trains him to be a superstar athlete, he could potentially woo Zhuri James, in say 20 years, and have superstar athlete children or post apocalyptic ranger type children depending on the status of climate collapse.

Hmm there might not be enough time. We'll just have to figure out who's the most athletic and have him marry a WNBA star.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The only thing I've taught my kids about basketball are the Kings are bad. Like my daughter said the Kings should practice more because there are some kids at her school that play basketball all the time and they are really good

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

indigi posted:

do superstar free agents ever sign with the Knicks

Stoudamire did but he was coming off a really bad injury

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only big market teams that gets stars to sign there just for being a big market are the LA teams, what the max salary did was make sure that superstars can get paid the same anywhere they go and they are smart enough to realize that playing with other good players for championships is way better than playing in a big city when the team is run by a bunch of maniacs anyway the bulls have never signed a superstar free agent in their entire history.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

They signed Wade who was coming off an all star season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thanks, i will see you in temecula

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That wasn't a real all star season, that was like a "hey we love you d wade" sort of all star. That doesn't count

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It was an alpha season

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

That wasn't a real all star season, that was like a "hey we love you d wade" sort of all star. That doesn't count

I know, there was a bidding war between the Bulls and Nuggets for him and Denver dodged a bullet

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

carlos boozer is probably the last big name they signed and that was like a decade ago

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

carlos boozer is probably the last big name they signed and that was like a decade ago

either booz or a 56 year-old gasol

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Carlos The Consolation Prize Boozer

At least that gave us the most epic nutshot in history.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Market size barely matters, I live in Chicago and love it and if I was a millionaire I would never spend my winters here

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Carlos The Consolation Prize Boozer

At least that gave us the most epic nutshot in history.

honestly have no complaints about the Carlos Boozer Experience

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

If jimmy, wade and rondo were the three alphas, then who were the three omegas...

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Does Dennis Rodman count? That was a great FA signing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

If jimmy, wade and rondo were the three alphas, then who were the three omegas...

i pray we never find out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Does Dennis Rodman count? That was a great FA signing.

that was a trade, the bulls traded will perdue lol