Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
when i first started my most current job back in 2017 my coworkers took me to a Thai place that had this thing on the menu they were gonna order for the table (see thread title). it was one of the spiciest things on the menu and let me tell you

i was amazed at those green beans, both from a spicy and also from the a flavor standpoint. to this day when i order from that place i will always get those beans. they are truly amazing

do you have some other kind of comestible or potable product that you marvel or wonder at (in a good way, hopefully)?

i have not picTURES to actually visually storytell how amazing these green beans are. they are just that amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
so what youre saying is that youre thinking about thos beans

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the past few years i realized that i'd missed out on broccoli for the majority of my life and once i found ways to prepare it i realized i love it. i found a great recipe for grilled broccoli

coat the broccoli in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese and grill on medium high, turning once to get it kind of crispy. don't cook it in tinfoil cook it right on the grill so make sure not to cut it so small that it falls through. it's good if you can get a little char on it.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

so what youre saying is that youre thinking about thos beans

correct

actually, my mom just made some amazing green beans today. im gonna have em for luncherino

Luvcow posted:

the past few years i realized that i'd missed out on broccoli for the majority of my life and once i found ways to prepare it i realized i love it. i found a great recipe for grilled broccoli

coat the broccoli in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese and grill on medium high, turning once to get it kind of crispy. don't cook it in tinfoil cook it right on the grill so make sure not to cut it so small that it falls through. it's good if you can get a little char on it.

hot doggy that is a good soundin way to cook a brocc!

i found a cool video because aside from thinking about beans recently, i have thought about drinking a very large quantity of chai, which is why i am getting near a kilo of jaggery and a pound of cardamom pods tomorrow (we got the rest of the stuff already)

there used to be a place when i would visit now IK leperflesh where we'd go out to eat sometimes that was a badass indian restaurant that had bottomless chai. i could just not get enough of the stuff whenever we ate there! it was real good. fond memories, of chai

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

aldantefax posted:

correct

actually, my mom just made some amazing green beans today. im gonna have em for luncherino

hot doggy that is a good soundin way to cook a brocc!

i found a cool video because aside from thinking about beans recently, i have thought about drinking a very large quantity of chai, which is why i am getting near a kilo of jaggery and a pound of cardamom pods tomorrow (we got the rest of the stuff already)

there used to be a place when i would visit now IK leperflesh where we'd go out to eat sometimes that was a badass indian restaurant that had bottomless chai. i could just not get enough of the stuff whenever we ate there! it was real good. fond memories, of chai

leperflesh used to post in some of my threads years ago, i like them :)

curious if anyone knows any good green bean recipes as i've tried a ton but can only make them "ok" whereas most other veggies i can make taste great be it by grill, saute or roasting

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Luvcow posted:

leperflesh used to post in some of my threads years ago, i like them :)

curious if anyone knows any good green bean recipes as i've tried a ton but can only make them "ok" whereas most other veggies i can make taste great be it by grill, saute or roasting

i present to you for consideration a way to make ur beans crisp and flavorful with a sauce https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/thai-green-beans/

basically, you dont gotta go hard to the paint on the beans, just get em hot and sauced and serve immediately, or you can slice them diagonally so they look cool and stir fry em with your protein and sauce of choice

green beans have a good way of texturally enhancing a dish while providing a little bitterness and a little sweetness - sometimes i will just eat them as a side lightly steamed and then with a sauce or like some mayo because drat it feels good to be a gangsta sometimes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

aldantefax posted:

i present to you for consideration a way to make ur beans crisp and flavorful with a sauce https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/thai-green-beans/

basically, you dont gotta go hard to the paint on the beans, just get em hot and sauced and serve immediately, or you can slice them diagonally so they look cool and stir fry em with your protein and sauce of choice

green beans have a good way of texturally enhancing a dish while providing a little bitterness and a little sweetness - sometimes i will just eat them as a side lightly steamed and then with a sauce or like some mayo because drat it feels good to be a gangsta sometimes

i'll definitely try this at home, ty. i like them with almonds too. when i cook for the people i work with one of them is deathly allergic to nuts so i have to avoid those so my go to has been cooking them with some diced sweet onion and garlic in chicken stock and it comes out ok but just not the "wow" i want out of a good veg

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
one thing you can try is blanching the beans to help them maintain their crispyness and color, they should have a satisfying crunch to em when you start chewin and they basically end up being excellent sauce delivery vehicles similar to like, penne pasta and the like. if you make the sauce really punchy and then the beans are crispy then you put that over a bed of rice it is just like, Woah! Them's Some Good Beans

Finger Prince

I always hated green beans but then I tried French beans and was like, where have you been all my life! I usually sauté them in butter and a bit of Olive oil with some salt flakes and a splash of vermouth or some other boozy thing.

alnilam

Still thinking about thos Beans

google THIS

It's kind of become a trend food now but I love roasted Brussels sprouts. My wife found an awesome recipe. A little bacon, honey, and balsamic reduction, gotta get some good browning and a nice crisp char on the outer leaves for the full effect.

Crusty Nutsack

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

you know what the secret to Asian green beans is???? deep frying!

if the beans have wrinkly skins (they're the best when they do) that means they either deep fried or shallow fried them (that just means less oil)

once they're fried then they throw 'um in with whatever sauce or other ingredients

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

It's kind of become a trend food now but I love roasted Brussels sprouts. My wife found an awesome recipe. A little bacon, honey, and balsamic reduction, gotta get some good browning and a nice crisp char on the outer leaves for the full effect.

i've gotta try that. i roast them with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder and make sure to space them far enough apart so they crisp up nicely.

Busty Nutsack posted:

you know what the secret to Asian green beans is???? deep frying!

if the beans have wrinkly skins (they're the best when they do) that means they either deep fried or shallow fried them (that just means less oil)

once they're fried then they throw 'um in with whatever sauce or other ingredients

ok two posts now about asian green beans, i need to look into asian recipes more

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i think i've captured the essence of thread for further consideration

also, the jaggery arrived. as soon as i can find the cloves i'm going to make a bigass pot of chai

Finger Prince

google THIS posted:

Oh man Brussels sprouts can be so good.
This is my favourite recipe:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/pan-seared-brussels-sprouts-996189
It's awesome and takes like 10 minutes tops. Because the outer leaves on the sprouts I can get are usually gross, not many make it on top like the recipe says, but I've had good success with sliced onions, leeks, kale, spinach, basically anything you want to throw over top of the sprouts.

Khanstant
why not a green bean drink???

more falafel please

forums poster

i usually just cook green beans in some oil with some onions and salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and maybe some sesame seeds

I really like roasting vegetables or any kind. usually just coat in some olive oil, s/p and then maybe add a little sauce or something. I've used a little honey and sriracha mixed together on Brussels sprouts before, that's good and easy

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

alnilam

google THIS posted:

What the heck? roasted bruss is "trending"? I was not aware it ever went out of fashion enough to need to become trendy again

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
fresh cut green beans sauteed in olive oil and then tossed in minced garlic and Soy Vay™ teriyaki sauce. can't be beat

:discourse:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

google THIS

alnilam posted:

What the heck? roasted bruss is "trending"? I was not aware it ever went out of fashion enough to need to become trendy again

Maybe it finally moved into Ohio with enough force to make us look up from our relish melange with ranch-mayo drizzle

Crusty Nutsack

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Khanstant posted:

why not a green bean drink???

bloody mary with plenty of pickled dilly beans as a garnish

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
we use a toaster oven we recovered from the garbage dump in the apartment complex about a year ago (works 100% OK and is pretty kickass) to roast all manner of veggies and then just toss them with a curry sauce. it's very good! i like having it with some kind of fish that has also been grilled or roasted, an excellent meal:

related to the image but i have a hankering for some berries, but i might have a nectarine or peach instead. hell yeah, peaches

Areola Grande

what would happen if I sprayed some g beans w/ olive oil and put em in my air fryer at 400° F

more falafel please

forums poster

prepuce repurposed posted:

what would happen if I sprayed some g beans w/ olive oil and put em in my air fryer at 400° F

hmm. not sure that would be good. you'd have to let me eat them to be sure.

Areola Grande

I'm doing it tomorrow. I already made shake n bake pork chops in there and they were juicy as hell

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i heard them air fryers do a good job of convecting

i'm considering my food options today. i had curry last night for dinner and it reminded me of a place in the town i grew up in that i would order from in my twenties. this town was not very big, and it was on an island (was the world's largest man-made project before the panama canal, hint hint). they had their own way of making chicken tikka masala that would always be really heckin good, they added coconut to the mix as well. very flavorful and on the thicker side

i would always order from that place when i was feeling like i wanted a real treat for myself and i'd get chicken tikka masala, garlic naan, and two kinds of pakora, no rice. i'd eat all the chicken out and then use the remaining sauce as a dip and it was just enough that there weren't leftovers but instead a wholesome feeling of satisfaction and satiation. just a real heckin good place! miss that place, and the dude who would always run the delivery being this really tall chonky dude who we'd exchange glances and nod because we knew when that delivery was comin' poo poo was bout to pop off

Prof. Crocodile

now i'm thinkin bout thos beans too...

Areola Grande

thos beans.

thos beans

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Prof. Crocodile

there is a little cafe/bar in the jersey city area that has banging rear end roasted brussels sprouts. they're so good that sometimes they run out by like 5 pm. it's one of those recipes that seems like it has too many ingredients--little berries and nuts and bits of bacon, etc.--but they are so good.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 19, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

i made a Thai basil stir fry tonight and all the way through prepping it, cooking it, and eating it I was thinking "drat this would be better with some green beans"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i'm tellin ya, green beans are heckin dope!