Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

DarkSephiroth, easily. One, his name makes sense and tells us everything we need to know. He fancies Sephiroth, but not the potentially redeemable Sephiroth, no this dude is going all-in on the darkness (evil people are better at videogames, it's a frighteningly direct correlation. for example, fred rodgers was the worst player in history at videogames, objectively). It also shows a certain gaming pedigree, I can assume this person is a fan of FF7 and had the patience to wade through its game systems and he sounds like someone who even went through the trouble of fighting all the secret Weapons and got Knights of the Round ASAP Disc 2. This is someone who lacks a little creativity and taste, two characteristics that are completely unsupported and useless in an MMO setting anyway. You can call him Dark, Darks, Darseph, Seph, Sephy, DS, or just D'roth. Easy to say and call out.

Delt4Zer0 on the other hand, what a loving mess. "Delt-four-Zerr-Oh" or "Delt-four-Zerr-Zero" or "Delt-four-Zerr-null" are all awful mouth-full names. Pretending it's leet and then translating the l337 is even worse, it gets you "DeltaZero." Either this person is an extreme niche Star Wars reference maker, which means they still like star wars enough in tyool 2020 to make a deep-cut reference to it. Any way you slice it, still being a self-described Star Wars fan is a little sad and pathetic. This is the name of someone who owns a Star wars related Funko Pop. Alternatively, this is just a username so unoriginal someone else had already taken it, and had to sub in arbitrary number substitution. The person probably chose it because it sounds vaguely militaristic, which means this person thinks military poo poo is cool, thinks "tactical" is a badass thing, and most often prefers videogames with thinly veiled excuses to simulate gun violence on increasingly realistic victims (FPS). This kid might have some good twitch reflexes when it comes to murder-sims in a point-n-click format but this is an MMO with no use for those skills, it just means this guy is going to be looking exclusively at some kills or damage metric he tracks that doesn't actually reflect how productive or useful he is being within a group.

This post brought a smile to my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

Hey let’s say you’re playing an MMORPG and you’re forming a group to go through a dungeon. You just need one more person...

You advertise in the general chat channel, and after a few minutes, you eventually get two simultaneous responses: one from a player named DarkSephiroth, and other from a player named Delt4Zer0.

Who do you invite?

DarkSephiroth easy. The other guy sounds like some dickwad bootlicker.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finished Pikuniku same day I started it (thanks game pass). Not worth the 13 USD they want on steam but it was a fun enough couple hour game with a couple of decent goofy jokes. Suffers a little from small team bloat where there are side things put in the game because they're done not because they're great or even fully fleshed out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh right Pikuniku was the game club game of the month this month? Or was it last month?

I kinda fell off it after the first hour or so

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
DarkSephiroth of course. As I am wisely playing FFXIV and not WoW, they are showing respect for the source material and the current expansion. If they end up being a goober I also have 'DorkSephiroth' ready on deck to handle it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

In just under two hours, the first Games Ring of Honor match will begin. I will be racing Man with Hat in Ocarina of Time Randomizer. We will be streaming our perspectives at:

twitch.tv/cheetah7071
twitch.tv/mickrov

if you wanna watch

someone should host a side-by-side with commentary

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I won't object if someone wants to go through the effort

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

when people were giving you tips, did anyone tell you about what Bravery and Faith actually do? it's worth looking up

I've been using a gamefaq, so I have some idea. Brave increases physical attack damage while faith improves magic. I think high faith is also more susceptible to magic as well?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

DarkSephiroth of course. As I am wisely playing FFXIV and not WoW, they are showing respect for the source material and the current expansion. If they end up being a goober I also have 'DorkSephiroth' ready on deck to handle it.

You just hosed up. FFXIV doesn’t let you use capital letters inside of a name. I don’t think you’ve played the game at all

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
poo poo....poo poo!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It does have a first name and surname, so we're talkin' Dark Sephiroth. Just forgot the space.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It would need to be like Daark Sephirothh probably though

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jay Rust posted:

You just hosed up. FFXIV doesn’t let you use capital letters inside of a name. I don’t think you’ve played the game at all

Waffleman_ posted:

It does have a first name and surname, so we're talkin' Dark Sephiroth. Just forgot the space.

Looks like we just spotted the fake gamer.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there is already a level 9 gladiator on Excalibur named Sephirot Dark

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I've been using a gamefaq, so I have some idea. Brave increases physical attack damage while faith improves magic. I think high faith is also more susceptible to magic as well?

super late but yeah, so a low Faith guy just straight up does not care about getting blasted with magic. doesn't believe in the stuff

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Awesome Animals posted:

Sort of. Brave is sometimes your damage like for fists and katanas. Every weapon has different formulas because of course they do.

More importantly it's your % chance to trigger most reaction skills. 97% auto-potion is big.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Man why am I misty eyed over this dumb dragon quest movie?

I am curious on how much the LEGO movie influenced the script they’re really similar in the ending.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Probably why the guide I am using had me spend a random battle cheering people up

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome Animals posted:

Probably why the guide I am using had me spend a random battle cheering people up

The funny thing is that if you get your Faith too high your unit will permanently leave your team to serve the Church

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just watched alien for the first time and now have a strong desire to play metroid fusion

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Hey let’s list every console we’ve ever owned, I have a theory I need proving

Me:
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Switch

This includes consoles I shared with my siblings and the order in which I bought them:

NES
Mega drive
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
Xbox
Xbox 360
WiiU
3DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
Switch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NES
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Switch
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 4
Xbox
Xbox 360
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
DS
3DS

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Me:
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Switch

lynx ii
playstation
game boy pocket
ps one
playstation 2
game boy advance sp
ds lite
new 3ds xl
switch

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

N64
Gameboy Color
Playstation 2
Gameboy Advance
Xbox
Xbox360
Wii
DS
3DS
PS3
WiiU
PS4
Switch

Feel like such a zoomer

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The funny thing is that if you get your Faith too high your unit will permanently leave your team to serve the Church

I saw that, and respect that design decision. I think if a unit's bravery gets too low they'll leave too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

this year i've been trying to only play stuff i haven't before, aside from the sonic series (and I'm getting to the games i never played as a child now anyway), but i think I'm january I'll probably replay a bunch of old favorites. such as this

maybe i could finally finish goemon's great adventure...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

Me:
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Switch

Including handhelds:

Gamegear
Genesis
Game Boy/GBC
GBA
DS
3DS
N64
GCN
Wii
Wii U
Switch
Xbox
Xbox 360
PSP
PSVita
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Listing my consoles by when i got them:

Playstation
Playstation 2
Xbox
Dreamcast
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Xbox 360 with HDMI output
Playstation 4
Super Famicom
GameCube
Xbox one x
Nintendo 64

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Here's mine:

NES
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Playstation
Gameboy Advance
Playstation 2

That's it, fell off the console bandwagon after that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My kid is freaking loving this david byrne concert on hbo right now

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

My kid is freaking loving this david byrne concert on hbo right now

That’s a solid kid, I only just discovered Byrne through Mulaney’s SNL episode and now I’m a fan. What’s the concert?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a recording of a concert he made for broadway where songs from his career are strung into a loose narrative and everyone on stage is wearing the same iconic david byrne grey suit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sinteres posted:

I think part of the reason the story works as well as it does is because of the WoL basically just being you the player instead of playing as a predetermined character, so they're able to connect you more directly to the story happening around you and characters that keep referring to you as a friend and everything. Lopping off huge chunks of MMO grind to get a slightly less compelling story might still be better though, so I'm not saying it's objectively better this way or anything.

I dunno, I feel like that might work better if I was allowed to express my personality in the story more. They did start adding very rare dialogue option choices but that's still pretty thin characterization. If my guy was a prewritten character he'd have like drama going on, a love interest, a backstory, etc. The WoL blank slate is only really defined by being friends with other story characters, mostly the Scions, and wanting to stop the bad things. And I hate some of those guys and there's zero chance in the story to ever express it.

Hell, since the game doesn't know what class I am, I never even get to do anything cool in the cutscenes, I just kind of brandish my staff.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a recording of a concert he made for broadway where songs from his career are strung into a loose narrative and everyone on stage is wearing the same iconic david byrne grey suit

from the guy who brought you malcolm x and blackkklansman

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its a spike lee joint.

I like byrnes real actual movie "true stories" too but my 3yo cant dance to it much.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

sounds like a once in a lifetime experience

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

Hell, since the game doesn't know what class I am, I never even get to do anything cool in the cutscenes, I just kind of brandish my staff.

There's at least one action cutscene in Stormblood and it's great when you jump at someone with like a book, or a gun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

sounds like a once in a lifetime experience

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Heavenward will recognize if you're a dragoon, and there are some points in Stormblood where they'll acknowledge that you're a healer