Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lumpy posted:

You didn't find it on your first two playthroughs?

this is my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

psn might be down

seems to okay for other stuff, i googled it and someone else had this problem and it was setting up the chalice dungeon that did it for some reason. they had to go back and remove it and it worked again. i, uhh, cant seem to get back to the hunters dream right now, however :negative:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Seedge posted:

The fact that EA didn't see the money they made on ME3 MP crates and port that multiplayer over to PS4 as a standalone app within the first two years of the console is still the most mind boggling fact of this generation in my eyes

Rumor is there's a trilogy collection coming relatively soon... with no mp.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Rumor is there's a trilogy collection coming relatively soon... with no mp.

Lmao that would be an awful idea

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ME Remasters probably on 17th November if EA have any cop-on

(They don't)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I’m fine with zero MP.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao that would be an awful idea

I don't really see why. I can't imagine that many people would be raring for mp.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ME3 MP ruled. Remaster's a no-buy from me if they don't have it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ff16 really looks like they want a do-over with some leftover 15/Versus ideas.

Vv
ME:R would be fine. Just make sure you get the canonical ending in 2 where Shep misses the initiative roll to get on the ship, tells everyone to warn the galaxy about the Reapers, then falls to their death.

Story over.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 17, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

exquisite tea posted:

ME3 MP ruled. Remaster's a no-buy from me if they don't have it.

I played it a couple of times and thought it was ok. I think most people would be buying a remaster trilogy of the space opera rpg for the rpg though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ok i started a new character and that works fine online, i played until i saw blood graves and player messages, but when i load my main character while online i get "lost connection to the network, returning to title screen" every loving time. I got back to hunters dream in offline and removed the chalice like that reddit post suggested but its still doing it. Ive restarted the ps4 but no go

How hosed am i now, i dont understand why this is happening

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 17, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I can personally confirm that ME3 multiplayer was the highlight of the series

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

JBP posted:

I played it a couple of times and thought it was ok. I think most people would be buying a remaster trilogy of the space opera rpg for the rpg though.

I would have paid 70 euro for the MP of ME3 on this console. It was phenomenal at the time and probably holds up really well.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Lumpy posted:

You didn't find it on your first two playthroughs?

I appreciate this post.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ok i started a new character and that works fine online, i played until i saw blood graves and player messages, but when i load my main character while online i get "lost connection to the network, returning to title screen" every loving time. I got back to hunters dream in offline and removed the chalice like that reddit post suggested but its still doing it. Ive restarted the ps4 but no go

How hosed am i now, i dont understand why this is happening

i fixed it, i think... i had to switch from wifi to a wired connection, turned off my router for a good few mins, restarted it, change network from worldwide to local, start my character in offline, made sure all the chalices were removed, warped to ward area with all the npcs, changed network to worldwide, exit to menu, go online and load the game and ...it worked. just in case anyone else gets this issue, this is what worked for me. lost 15000 echos in the process. what a gently caress around.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

i fixed it, i think... i had to switch from wifi to a wired connection, turned off my router for a good few mins, restarted it, change network from worldwide to local, start my character in offline, made sure all the chalices were removed, warped to ward area with all the npcs, changed network to worldwide, exit to menu, go online and load the game and ...it worked. just in case anyone else gets this issue, this is what worked for me. lost 15000 echos in the process. what a gently caress around.

eyes inside

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh grant us wifi

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Played a ton more SOMA thanks to lady vg being around (because I am so terrified of it) and have reached the point where off with Catherine omni tool to find another cutie vessel

Lady vg has been laughing because when I get scared I make a wooo noise in time with my breathing.

Very glad you are playing this legendary game. And just in time to also play Amnesia Rebirth on tuesday :woop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PS... or some say PSN....

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oh Snapple! posted:

Do...do you want it to be like 4 rounds or something? It's a survival mode, of course it's not going to be some 10 minute thing.
They can call it whatever they want, but I was hoping for something 10 minutes long yeah.

Is there one somewhere and I’m missing it?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 18, 2020

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I beat Vampyr with the best ending which requires you not to kill anyone (well, anyone in the plot, you kill dozens of guys wandering around and the game mostly pretends you didn't). The tradeoff for not killing is supposed to be less XP so harder combat, but the whole system doesn't really work because outside of a mid game slump where I forgot to level up for awhile you will get more than enough XP through just playing through the plot to keep your abilities and health/stamina/etc pretty well topped off. Like, to give you an idea I struggled for over an hour against a mid game sewer boss and then proceeded to steamroll the final boss in less than five minutes.

I don't even know if it's bad design so much as they clearly ran out of or mismanaged their time. Like, combat never rises above janky and less than a quarter of the NPCs have anything to them beyond their initial basic conversations....but then the epilogue takes place at a large, intricately detailed castle filled with unique art assets. It gave me heavy KOTOR2 'gently caress ok its unfinished but it's at least playable go go go' vibes. It even kinda feels like the kind of game that would become a cult classic if it had been released in the early 2000s on PC and get a bunch of mod projects dedicated to restoring all the cut content.

I guess I'd recommend it if you wanna get those Halloween vibes going but also played Bloodborne too recently to just play that again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

PS... or some say PSN....

when I get my pissfive then i def gonna be psn

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1317616221580218368?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baggot posted:

I appreciate this post.

I appreciated it also.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I finished Death Stranding last night. I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed playing it or not. The loop certainly hooked me, but I can't tell if my OCD took over or I actually enjoyed 5 starring all of the delivery locations.

I enjoyed the story, but the writing wasn't that great. Kojima could definitely use an editor or Co-writer. He clearly doesn't trust his audience to pick up on everything so a lot of it is repetitive, but then a lot of really import points are locked behind interviews that only unlock when you complete certain standard orders. I just found out about some pretty important backstory by reading the wiki because I didn't unlock the interviews in my 75 hour playthrough. More automated bots and the ability to deploy them from anywhere would have helped a lot of this was the system they were going to use.

I appreciate that it tried some new things, but the general structure was really reminiscent of Peace Walker and Phantom Pain. The combat was boring despite some of the encounters being visually impressive.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 18, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/alex_moukala/status/1317547405269700611

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot that Medievil is Tim Burton: The Game lol

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Samurai Sanders posted:

They can call it whatever they want, but I was hoping for something 10 minutes long yeah.

Is there one somewhere and I’m missing it?

The story missions average out at 15 minutes each on Bronze difficulty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I forgot that Medievil is Tim Burton: The Game lol

Tim Burton hires better actors.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Good because voice chats being tied to text chat is really weird and I don’t like it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo: instead of built in voice and text chat you'll be using an app on your phone

Gamers: lol they're so backwards

Sony: Now when you form a party you can easily chat over both voice and text

Gamers: Noooo I want to use an app, on my phone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rad Valtar posted:

Good because voice chats being tied to text chat is really weird and I don’t like it.

They're a lot slower and crappier all around right now too. I can't even start one correctly at the moment, I have to rejoin one that failed to start earlier and send invites from that, for some reason. It just times out otherwise.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Doesn't seem like people were very happy with the changes on the whole.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Nintendo: instead of built in voice and text chat you'll be using an app on your phone

Gamers: lol they're so backwards

Sony: Now when you form a party you can easily chat over both voice and text

Gamers: Noooo I want to use an app, on my phone

What the heck are you talking about?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can’t imagine a time where I would ever use a phone for voice chat while gaming.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

I can’t imagine gaming.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

veni veni veni posted:

What the heck are you talking about?

My read was people don't like the new party features because they view it as an attempt to make them use the console instead of discord

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My read was people don't like the new party features because they view it as an attempt to make them use the console instead of discord

Nope.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It actually just works badly now and removes functionality that was once streamlined and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Other way around, they made the console's functionality worse.