Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Oh yeah that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

The only thing I've taught my kids about basketball are the Kings are bad. Like my daughter said the Kings should practice more because there are some kids at her school that play basketball all the time and they are really good

your daughter's right

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

that was a trade, the bulls traded will perdue lol

will vanderbilt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

came across this picture, i'm dying

what an awful photoshop job

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 18, 2020

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

indigi posted:

do superstar free agents ever sign with the Knicks

Number 7... Carmelooooooo AN-THO-NYyyyyyyy

Busted up Stoudamire when Mike D'Antoni was coaching (who promptly ran him into the ground)

Future Knicks Legend FVV if literally no one gives him a better offer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Booze is the best jazz free agent ever by a mile and they had to resort to subterfuge to get him screw you guys

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Booze is the best jazz free agent ever by a mile and they had to resort to subterfuge to get him screw you guys

boozer was not nearly as funny on the jazz as on the bulls, chicago wins again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

also they only got him because the cavs tried to get cute and sign him to under market value

supposedly the jazz were interested in drafting him but couldn't help themselves and traded up for a big white stiff instead

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Who's the best Nuggets FA? Millsap or K-Mart?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Grab that poo poo Mehmet!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pistons’ best FA signing is obviously Chauncey but their biggest at the time of signing is like, Josh Smith

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

also they only got him because the cavs tried to get cute and sign him to under market value

supposedly the jazz were interested in drafting him but couldn't help themselves and traded up for a big white stiff instead

He was the rare guy who actually really wanted to play there too because he'd grown up in another cold mountainy state and was karl malone fan. But then I guess the altitude really hosed with his daughter's asthma or something like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Am I misrembering or did the media actually pretend Will Perdue was good when on the Spurs and Bulls?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Am I misrembering or did the media actually pretend Will Perdue was good when on the Spurs and Bulls?

will perdue is a three-time nba champion

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

will perdue is a three-time nba champion

4 time

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Pistons’ best FA signing is obviously Chauncey but their biggest at the time of signing is like, Josh Smith

The closest thing to a big FA signing is probably the Rasheed trade, since he refused to sign with Atlanta and would only go to a good team. The first round pick the Pistons gave up to get Rasheed became Josh Smith. I think that's the curse of the bambino moment for Detroit. Josh Smith. Will Josh Smith die before they're good again? It's possible.

Having an old dying owner and no clear succession really messed up the Pistons. Having a bad owner as a replacement isn't helping them either.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

The closest thing to a big FA signing is probably the Rasheed trade, since he refused to sign with Atlanta and would only go to a good team. The first round pick the Pistons gave up to get Rasheed became Josh Smith. I think that's the curse of the bambino moment for Detroit. Josh Smith. Will Josh Smith die before they're good again? It's possible.

At least he’s finally off the payroll.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

At least he’s finally off the payroll.

Time to give Christian Wood the supermax

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Josh Smith Game was one of the funniest NBA moments in recent years please don't tell me it was already like 5 years ago i don't want to think about Time

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Raptors best free agent signing is obviously Fred Van Vleet, but I have no idea who their best FA who was actually in the NBA. Dell Curry? Landry Fields just for the story? Their two biggest UFA signings are Hedo Turkoglu and DeMarre Carroll.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Gerund posted:

Number 7... Carmelooooooo AN-THO-NYyyyyyyy

Also a trade, the Nuggets got Jamal Murray for him

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

minnesota's best FA signing was NBA All Star Jeff Teague

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Josh Smith Game was one of the funniest NBA moments in recent years please don't tell me it was already like 5 years ago i don't want to think about Time

Why, I’m pretty sure Time is a big fan of that game too

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

The Raptors best free agent signing is obviously Fred Van Vleet, but I have no idea who their best FA who was actually in the NBA. Dell Curry? Landry Fields just for the story? Their two biggest UFA signings are Hedo Turkoglu and DeMarre Carroll.

Calderon had some good years for the Raps, pretty solid signing

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Calderon had some good years for the Raps, pretty solid signing

Signed from Spain, so doesn't satisfy the "was actually in the NBA" criterion.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Oh crap I forgot that Alex English was a FA signing. That might be the best one by a small market team ever. Unless you count LeBron going back to the Cavs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish the free agency was sooner so I could get overhyped on Burke's return already.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have absolutely no idea what the bulls are going to do, no idea if they're going to try to trade zach or laurie and blow it up or try to hope that the CORE and maybe one wing player capable of playing professional basketball can get them to the 8 seed or whatever, it was sort of comforting to know exactly what boneheaded poo poo the old front office would do because they were lazy and always did the same things.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Raptors fans obviously try not to remember it, but Hakeem Olajuwon has to be their biggest FA signing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Maneck posted:

Raptors fans obviously try not to remember it, but Hakeem Olajuwon has to be their biggest FA signing.

i would say their biggest signing was oliver miller

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hornets’ best FA signing is Al Jefferson and I don’t know if there’s anyone else close

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oh crap I forgot that Alex English was a FA signing. That might be the best one by a small market team ever. Unless you count LeBron going back to the Cavs.

Ah I see you are forgetting Mike muscala

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i would say their biggest signing was oliver miller

Biggest, not rotundeust.

In terms of best signings, yeah it's got to be FVV. Bismack Biyombo worked out pretty well for the Raptors too. Glad he got paid, elsewhere.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Hornets’ best FA signing is Al Jefferson and I don’t know if there’s anyone else close

Remember when Lance Stephenson was a big get

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when Lance Stephenson was a big get

He was probably the biggest, yeah. They way overpaid to get Jefferson but Lance is one of the few I can remember where they actually beat out competition

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I saw that one on a list of denver free agent signings, but they traded for him first. Aren't as many "true" free agent signings as I thought apparently!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

He was probably the biggest, yeah. They way overpaid to get Jefferson but Lance is one of the few I can remember where they actually beat out competition

https://youtu.be/C02WBFWDiqE

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

I saw that one on a list of denver free agent signings, but they traded for him first. Aren't as many "true" free agent signings as I thought apparently!!

I could've sworn they signed him away from the Pacers because Indy wouldn't give him minutes

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe the only rap video that ever included Grantland in the Special Thanks section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

We talked about the games and paintings before and I still think by and large y’all have

good taste BUT

which ASSHOLES proved themselves to be Fools and Poseurs by picking The Great Wave Off Kanagawa??

That’s not a painting you CHUMPS

It is a woodblock print which is NOT a form of painting

evil_cheese
fuckplaneoq
the mean lunch lady

morestuff posted:

— I’m 99% sure I picked Horford for most overrated and I feel like I won that pick

Yes.

Aye Doc posted:

"tall rondo is being too generous, dammit!"

:lol: