Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Don't text and drive SNG :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote db i like this best

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh my lord

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
At least it was almost deadline this time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah i have a shortened break today so my opportunity to be here is limited, so i felt i better squeeze my vote in rather than cause an NL

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

BAH GAWD, CENA'S GOT HIM IN THE STF :bahgawd:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There was over an hour left and people were around what is this nonsense

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

criminies

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well I *was* excited to come home swiftly. No traffic, I should have known :p

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The rolling start cannot be stopped this game, apparently!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:ghost:i'm a cold frozen husk of bean, a monument to beankind in the vast, dark and limitless void of space now lol:ghost:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly, Black, Weapons, Vanilla, was sent out the airlock D2

He was an Impostor!

It is now N2

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

He was an Impostor!
Thought experiment: How likely is it that DB told JC to drop the hammer for town clout? DB was clearly here at deadline. JC showed up fairly quickly once he was at -1 again, but more than an hour before deadline. I'm not saying it's likely it was coordinated, but there's something about the circumstances here that are making me scratch my chin.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

on my way to my car, the reason i voted was because i was on a very brief lunch break. i have to check my phone out when im on the clock so i cannot follow the thread during hours due to the nature of my job. i was only going to have one window to vote and i was more than fine voting for dick bastardly for process of elimination. had ceyton or zzyzx had been at -1, i would have been okay with voting them as well.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

:toot:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BODY FOUND!

SNG, Lime Green, Shields, Town Aligned Doctor, was killed N2

It is now D3

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 18, 2020

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): Biaga, Ceyton, Hal Incandenza, JOHN CENA, ObamaAkbar., PMush Perfect, Sandwolf, zzyzx

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 20th, 2020 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

...we're hosed, aren't we?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

...we're hosed, aren't we?

Not really...

Although Like Green is not a color so there is that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ceyton’s points about Sandwolf certainly seem more salient now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not really...

Although Like Green is not a color so there is that

autocorrect has been modkilled for messing up my flips.

The day continues

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

:ghost: “*crunching glasses out the air lock* but... I had time now! No! It’s not fair.... *fade to black* :ghost:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I was wrong about DB so I pretty much need to rethink my view of the game. Ceyton probably looks a lot better. Something about PMush still pinging me but it could be tunnelvision

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not sure how to feel about sandwolf although my gut is saying that it’s unlikely he would get it so wrong that he’d defend DB pretty consistently all D2. Pmush’s posting comes across to me as a bit performative too though

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My strongest town feel right now is Obama. He hasn't been posting very much, but he came out strong against DB fairly early into the day, and stuck on the vote even when it started gaining traction, which I don't think lurky scum would have done. Ceyton also looks pretty good right now after DB's flip.

I feel like I should see JC as town, but my gut still says something smells a bit about that hammer.

As for scum... maybe zzyzx or Hal? There's not anything solid there, I'm gonna try to reread and let my thoughts percolate, but that's my first instinct. Gut isn't good enough for Day 3 with the cop AND doc dead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ah so we are just going to not read the part where i said i only had a short 15 minute window to put a vote in, a vote on the guy who i said is probably scum before anyone was even looking at him while pmush was doing weird performative posting on how newbie scum would be reassured by nice strong veteran scum partners

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pmush your posting feels fake and doesn't contain motivation to uncover scum but to get certain parties lunched. i point to the following

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes. Newbie scum would have scum buddies assuring him it's not that bad.

this post right here is what makes me the most uncomfortable about you. it feels unnecessary and like you're pre-apologizing or rationalizing. why would it matter how scum's partners are treating them in their scum chat? we aren't privy to it and it wouldnt come up in the game.

PMush Perfect posted:

Not digging the Ceyton dogpile. That definitely reads like a newbie town meltdown to me.

There's no single big sentence I can point to here and say "that! That's scummy", but there's something about talking around the point so much only to land on "I'm voting this because SW is voting this" that I really don't like.

##vote SNG

here you (like i did) think the ceyton vote looks funny. but you choose to vote sng for what was a pretty innocuous post, way moreso than anything biaga or zzyzx or hal posted. to me this looks like you recognize sng is a player who is a bit of an easier lunch and you're trying to move the waves toward that direction.

PMush Perfect posted:

Philosophically? A bit better. In the context of this specific game? Maybe? I'll need to give them a reread.

you do a great job not giving an answer at all here when it comes to feeling about voting akbar

PMush Perfect posted:

I also don't like this! This isn't OA's first game, I don't buy this "hmm, if I remember correctly, OMGUS is scummy :thunk:" thing.

PMush Perfect posted:

Hot take: Dogpiling on the newbie because they're an easy target is a lovely tactic as town or scum, and it happening to me very nearly killed my interest in Mafia when I first got started.

lol.

PMush Perfect posted:

Ceyton's right. SW's doing this weird back and forth between serious posting and snappy one-liners/jokes, but in a way where I kind of feel like he's only using jokes to deflect when he can't come up with a good-sounding way to respond to something.

##vote Sandwolf
this feels lazy and after the hemming and hawing about where you might lay a vote down earlier on, this feels like enough to belt one out?

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly I should straight up reread, but I don't have the focus for that right now.

It's... internally consistent? The logic is shaky, but all of it is clearly coming from a place of OMGUS. I'd think if Cey scum, he'd lay off once it became obvious that they were catching a lot of heat for it. So I'm actually leaning town on Ceyton now, rather than it just being philosophical reason to not want to vote them. I don't put a lot of weight into the validity of their arguments about SW being scum, that's something I'll have to decide on my own, but I believe that they believe it.

i want to point to some of the earlier quotes, specifically the first major one i included, as well and point out that pmush makes it very clear that she thinks ceyton is definitely town. shes looking for arguments why he is town in spite of his posting which feels like, especially with the earlier quote about how scum behaves, theres some frustrated coaching going on.

PMush Perfect posted:

I roughly agree with the DB case, and I'd put a vote there, or on SNG.

I don't follow the logic on this post, SNG. Wouldn't a scum rush, by definition, include the hammer? Why am I given a pass for just being dumb if Ceyton, a newbie who posted not long before me, doesn't? If Ceyton and DB were both scum, then they... what? Rushed it to -1 and waited for some moron to bumble in and hammer for them?

NOBODY LOOK AT HOW DAY ONE TURNED OUT, TY

so im not gonna wait until we're closer to deadline, im just gonna vote you now. ##vote pmush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is a hell of a response to me saying I’m not ready to call you 100% confirmed town.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

That is a hell of a response to me saying I’m not ready to call you 100% confirmed town.

its a continuation of my case building from yesterday.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah I don’t see final vote on scum launch as anything short of a null action really, either you are scum and it’s inevitable so you might as well or you are town convinced of the case or worried about a NL.

I’d like to hear more people’s reads on sandwolf, I was going to come out of the gate swinging at him once D3 started but I’m still not 100% sure about it, I think either him or pmush are scum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

If I remember right, PMush had the ~third vote on DB, before the lynch was a done deal, and in a spot that was very important in solidifying the momentum for him. I'll have to go back and do some counting, but I remember her vote being a very strong one. Much stronger than the votes at the end from Biaga or Cena, who are voting after the decision has essentially been made.

Sandwolf comes out swinging hard in favor of DB all day, which is wrong but not necessarily scummy. I think you get more looking at the people who are softly against the lynch - "I'd vote for DB but look at this other guy," "DB might be scum but," so on. There are a couple of those that would be worth focusing on, like Hal or Biaga. Will do some more re-reading today.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Stuff like this is worth looking at, I think:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed, that was a decent Ceyton post, glad he woke up!

However I am not feeling Sandwolf as the scum right now, although I haven't explored the DB interactions that Ceyton mentions so maybe I should look closer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I don't see why it would be a scumrush, can't rule it out but what's the point? There wasn't really some second option floating out there that they were worried might be the next to go.

Like if there a reason to vote Ceyton (I think there is) or DB (not seeing it as much) outside of the fact that they were late Squiggly votes, fine. But if your whole case is those votes that's not good

JOHN CENA posted:

this interaction [between Amoeba and DB] felt weird.

JOHN CENA posted:

i want to vote for db but that ceyton and zzyzx are voting him make me feel wary

we have time, i am gonna dig a little deeper and see what comes out

still dont like dick bastardly

Biaga posted:

Think you and I fall into the same realm.

Biaga posted:

after my zealous action day one, I think I need to re-calibrate and step back (this is also because I got too engaged in another game and talked myself into a twist and people dog pilled me like a fat kid at a cannibal convention). Honestly, Creyton screams scum to me - but there is a solid toss up on who is his scum-ally.

That all being said, I barked up the wrong tree day one.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Strongest mark in Cena's favor is that he cuts off DB's chance at a fakeclaim with the hammer well before the deadline, but I go back and forth on the significance of that. Could just be that he was at work, had to put a vote down, and figured the street cred was worth more than DB's claim would be.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm pretty sure Zzyzx and Obama are town, they both correctly read DB's play, suspected him early on, and stuck to their guns.

Quite a few people hedged their bets between me and DB, and I get that. But given DB's flip I think anyone who strongly suspected me while downplaying DB (lookin' at you Sandwolf and Biaga) is suspicious.

I've got mixed feelings on PMush, need to think about it some more. Definitely not my #1 suspect right now though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

zzyzx posted:

Stuff like this is worth looking at, I think:
Can you elaborate on why you think those posts are worth looking at?

zzyzx posted:

Strongest mark in Cena's favor is that he cuts off DB's chance at a fakeclaim with the hammer well before the deadline, but I go back and forth on the significance of that. Could just be that he was at work, had to put a vote down, and figured the street cred was worth more than DB's claim would be.
Nobody else had more than two votes, and it was within an hour of hammer. Even something like a doctor claim might not have saved him.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Can you elaborate on why you think those posts are worth looking at?

The profile that I'm looking for, generally, is: a) knows that DB is scum and doesn't want to be seen on the wrong side of history, but b) doesn't want to commit to lynching a buddy while there are other viable options.

So, Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed, that was a decent Ceyton post, glad he woke up!

However I am not feeling Sandwolf as the scum right now, although I haven't explored the DB interactions that Ceyton mentions so maybe I should look closer

"Maybe I should look closer" is the sort of non-committal line that strikes me - it gives Hal an out to vote for him later, and also an excuse for not suspecting him early. Likewise,

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s definitely some weird logic to unvote DB and then continue to push Sandwolf for supposedly defending his scum buddy DB

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fair, but I am not totally clear on the Sandwolf case. Is it just that he hopped onto DBs case against you and was defending DB? I feel like Sandwolf thus far has been poking around and seeing what is up in a fairly townie way

He encourages the narrative that Ceyton is scum for the way he interacts with DB, and criticizes a case on Sandwolf for the way Sandwolf interacts with DB; but does both in a way that avoids giving an opinion on the underlying question (is DB scum or not). The best he gets to is "I'm not seeing it as much" later.

If I read the count correctly, he had the opportunity to cast the "let's make this happen" third vote for DB that you did later, but voted SNG instead while the lynch was still unclear. That vote stays there through the end of the day.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Cena:

JOHN CENA posted:

it doesnt read like you thought he was scum at all dick b

JOHN CENA posted:

this interaction felt weird.

JOHN CENA posted:

i want to vote for db but that ceyton and zzyzx are voting him make me feel wary

we have time, i am gonna dig a little deeper and see what comes out

still dont like dick bastardly

He's constantly trying to make clear that he finds DB suspicious, and finds DB's posts weird, and wants to vote DB; but finds excuses not to (pretty artificial ones, at that) until the very last minute, when the decision has already been made for him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like zzyzx’s analysis here. I think it’s coming from a very town place, and I think his points on Hal specifically are meritorious.

I still think PMush is scummy for the reasons I have. (also PMush are you an ITK now? Congrats!)

Also, re: Cena. I have a light town reading on Cena but his hammer yesterday was not a point for town. He could have just as easily hammered for the townie points, DB May have even told him to do so for cred. Not sure that happened, but the hammer doesn’t insure Cena is town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also Biaga feels like he’s kinda playing a nothing game here, I don’t know if it’s scummy necessarily, but not a lot of opinions tryna find scum from Biaga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Biaga:

zzyzx posted:

I'd be down to vote either DB, SNG, or Biaga, who I can't come up with an acronym for.

Biaga posted:

Think you and I fall into the same realm.

The "fall into the same realm" is, presumably, him trying to be helpful and agree with the names I've just listed off (which includes him, but whatever). The rest of his posts, though, generally try to avoid the question of whether DB is scum or not and seem to be in tension with this initial post. Ceyton is suspicious because of the rapid re-focus onto DB. Ceyton screams scum but it's an open question on who might be scum with him. Sandwolf is less suspicious than Ceyton for the way he interacts with DB.

If I count correctly, his timing is similar to Hal's - instead of the third vote for DB he chooses to vote for Ceyton, while Hal votes for SNG. He doesn't switch until the very end.