Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Could save a lot of money and crunch if you just make the game a text adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

cheesetriangles posted:

Could save a lot of money and crunch if you just make the game a text adventure.

CyberElysium 2077

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cyberpunk wishes it could be as good as DE. But second place is nothing to be ashamed of

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Archer666 posted:

gently caress it, no voices and black and white mode only. Cyberpunk 2077: Silent Film edition.

No white, only black.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

Lets dig up some of the old Sierra folks and turn this into Leisure Suit Larry In Cyberspunk 2077

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Blind Rasputin posted:

They is singular. These is the pleural of they. The poster above is correct. We all say “they lost an arm” not “she, he, or they, lost an arm”. It’s all included. Sort of like use of the word them.

"These is the plural of they"? Now who's talkin crazy. I'm just trying to get "thems" to be accepted as common parlance. The precedent has already been set: "Thems the breaks."

"Thems fightin words."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What parts of Witcher 3 dragged in terms of quest-design? On a replay I'd wager follow-npc-kill-goons-repeat (Little Johnny), longass dungeon crawl (Keira Metz) , and linear-level-without-your-skillset (Ciri levels)

I detest any quest that forces you to be a chump as an excuse to go to a dungeon, like 90% of Fallout 4. Really any story heavy WRPG can be improved by not leaning on linear dungeons as a concept.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

queeb posted:

im going corpo first

I think I'm playing a female corpo V first, male nomad V second. That first playthrough will give the community time to ferret out exactly how gay I can be in Round Two.

**i'll eat my hat if there isn't a lesbian romance for Round One

Cheston fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 17, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i thought it was formal / nonformal

you = vous
thou = tu

e: i looked it up and ȝe is both honorific and plural. From West Germanic *jīz.

Pronouns: jizz, jizz, jizzself

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/Black_Chamber_/status/1317563378940915713

apperently this is the next great sin against according to era and such places. like yeah that show was dumb but driving around the cyberpunk general lee and running over Corpo Boss Hogg as he screams at some deputy.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What parts of Witcher 3 dragged in terms of quest-design? On a replay I'd wager follow-npc-kill-goons-repeat (Little Johnny), longass dungeon crawl (Keira Metz) , and linear-level-without-your-skillset (Ciri levels)

I detest any quest that forces you to be a chump as an excuse to go to a dungeon, like 90% of Fallout 4. Really any story heavy WRPG can be improved by not leaning on linear dungeons as a concept.

Ciri levels would’ve owned if she had her full skill set the entire time.

Oh, and that she was immune during her takedown thing.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently this is the next great sin against according to era and such places. like yeah that show was dumb but driving around the cyberpunk general lee and running over Corpo Boss Hogg as he screams at some deputy.

I seem to remember remember the roof being a giant confederate flag, so people will lose their poo poo for the association even if it’s omitted.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Oh thank god, we were running out of ridiculous things to be offended about.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Since we can’t be customized cars, I wonder if we’ll at least get to least pick the paint job when buying a car from a dealer or will we be only able to find them in world.

E: Tell me about it, scalpers and resalers using web-scrapping bots have freaking destroyed the GPU market. The amount of price gouging going on is ridiculous. VVVVV

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 18, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m offended I don’t have a 3080. The game will be literally unplayable with ray tracing on my 1070!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AlternateAccount posted:

I seem to remember remember the roof being a giant confederate flag, so people will lose their poo poo for the association even if it’s omitted.

i mean its gonna be omitted probably. its just the same style with number. i am all for gently caress the coward/traitors flag but lol if this is the kinda poo poo some people are screaming about now.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Is Miami Vice, Magnum P.I., or Murder She Wrote going to be paid tribute? That's the good stuff. Dean Stockwell was in all three, he was even in the A-Team. Now that's cool.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 18, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Them CD Projekt boys are at it again!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That... is an easy reference to miss. If it was even intentional. The Charger is a classic car all on its own even without the dukes of hazzard and a futuristic Charger painted orange is not automatically a reference to that show.

If they include the flag that's another story, but that'd be very brave of them to include it and that's putting it nicely.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

That... is an easy reference to miss. If it was even intentional. The Charger is a classic car all on its own even without the dukes of hazzard and a futuristic Charger painted orange is not automatically a reference to that show.

If they include the flag that's another story, but that'd be very brave of them to include it and that's putting it nicely.

i am sure there will custom options with different flags and poo poo. i kinda doubt the confederate flag will be there but i wouldn't be shocked if a texas one was since its an independent state now. the one gang might have chuddish flags since they are a chud gang.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 18, 2020

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Going by the art book, Texas ain’t independent no more, in fact California is one of the last hold outs. The new Wild West getting tamed again.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 18, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Back Hack posted:

Going by the art book, Texas ain’t independent no more, in fact California is one of the last hold outs.

isnt it like two sorta separate countries now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

Them CD Projekt boys are at it again!

"V and Jackie better grow some wings... or start flappin' their arms."

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

isnt it like two sorta separate countries now.

Only applies to the States that Arasaka intervened in, which is only some of the Western coastal states, and it’s only semi-independent at that, everyone else got ate up by the NUS in its bid to return to pre-collapse US.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 18, 2020

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Are there any good videos about the lore. I tried to watch some of the gamespot ones and they were ok but seemed a little surface level

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Are there any good videos about the lore. I tried to watch some of the gamespot ones and they were ok but seemed a little surface level

I tried looking stuff up a while ago because I was curious myself, a lot of the lore only goes up to the 2020-2040s (from the latest TT book released last month), everything beyond that is from little snippets gleaned from things like the art book or any of the trailers. I wouldn’t expect real let breakdown videos until after the game comes out. :shrug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

most videos are pretty surface level. the lore is deep but its not say, 40k/star wars/star trek deep.

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

just use the wiki.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That loving rules.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

That loving rules.

yeah. i love The Charger and using it against corpos and gangers sounds fun as gently caress.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I still cannot decide between Nomad and Street Kid

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i thought it was formal / nonformal

you = vous
thou = tu

e: i looked it up and ȝe is both honorific and plural. From West Germanic *jīz. Not related to the other "ye," þe, which is just the.

Cyberpunk 2077: West Germanic jīz

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

AlternateAccount posted:

Doubt the flag will be in the game, I remember some other stuff that was Dukes of Hazard came out in the last decade that didn't have the flag anymore and some people were upset. But really, who the gently caress cares what they think.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there any fat daddies in this game?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Can you cyber the fat daddies?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Game should have the Forza decal system so I can get a full anime girl wrap on my Geo Metro knockoff.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Happy Hedonist posted:

Can you cyber the fat daddies?

P sure that’s the only people still cybering

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

hobbesmaster posted:

I’m offended I don’t have a 3080. The game will be literally unplayable with ray tracing on my 1070!!!

800x600 ray tracing on :smugdog::hf::pcgaming:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress yeah, i am represented. fat white disabled assholes rise up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cavauro posted:

My first build is gonna be a Cyber Guy Fieri. A Cyguy Fieri, if you will. And my only mission will be jacking in to Flavor Town 2.0.