Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Alright Rays you have a tradition to uphold dammit, do not let the Dodgers win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

Carlos Correa redemption tour derailed

imagine if they threw him a fastball though bro

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Thank you Rays for eliminating the Asterisks. Now I can be happy no matter who wins the series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Gotta give it up for the scrappy underdog Houston Astros. I think I speak for the entire forum when I say I'm excited to see them come back better and even hungrier next season!

Hell, same

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about watching that david byrne

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

we all love ji-man choi, don't we folks?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
It's nice to be able to breathe again

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

marioinblack posted:

It's nice to be able to breathe again

Oh boy, just way until next week

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Popete posted:

Oh boy, just way until next week

Hey now, I'm taking everything I can get now because I know what's coming.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh my god Ron Darling is insufferable

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

Oh my god Ron Darling is insufferable

The Astros faced so much adversity. It was like the whole world was against them! I don't get it. They have a lovable manager!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's all over for the astros, they are exiting the bubble, a team of MLB investigators has got a wand over altuve to check him for buzzers, someone is throwing a breaking ball towards correa, laureano is waiting for them with the Baseball Furies

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
These trophy ceremonies are always so cringey. Just give the dudes the hardware and let em celebrate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Rays being asked about their good culture really makes me wonder if these were stock questions for either team.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

The Rays being asked about their good culture really makes me wonder if these were stock questions for either team.

"What was it like playing behind <starting pitcher> tonight?"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
bye trashtros

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

I'M SO loving GLAD WE GOT ZUNINO

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

lmao asking Randy a complicated question and getting a 'I am very happy!' answer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Social distance interviews going well.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
The Astros playing in the American League still doesn't make any loving sense

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

STAC Goat posted:

Kevin Cash does a good job putting the Rays in an open baseball setting where there's more team is more free to roam and mingle with each other. It helps build team synergy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Astros faced so much adversity. It was like the whole world was against them! I don't get it. They have a lovable manager!

“I think I speak for everyone—“

No you don’t

“—when I say there were conflicting feelings—“

No there weren’t

“—you know, this team showed so much heart coming back—“

We don’t care

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

marioinblack posted:

Kevin Cash does a good job putting the Rays in an open baseball setting where there's more team is more free to roam and mingle with each other. It helps build team synergy.

Oh, I wasn't criticizing the Rays. I'm saying that would have been a VERY different question to the Astros.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Radirot posted:

bye trashtros

:hmmyes:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the astros were serious about winning they should have done the cans again

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, I wasn't criticizing the Rays. I'm saying that would have been a VERY different question to the Astros.

You set it up, and I felt the need to go stupider

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
What an insane couple of months, I have a lot of feelings right now. If they win it all, I'll probably spill my guts in true E/N style, but I've always felt so close to the Rays since 98. Worked in the Trop for 6 years including the first WS run. This combined with the Cup run is completely surreal. Win or lose, I'm happy they didn't make stupid history in this series.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

marioinblack posted:

What an insane couple of months, I have a lot of feelings right now. If they win it all, I'll probably spill my guts in true E/N style, but I've always felt so close to the Rays since 98. Worked in the Trop for 6 years including the first WS run. This combined with the Cup run is completely surreal. Win or lose, I'm happy they didn't make stupid history in this series.

whats up long time Rays fan goon. It actually happened.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

marioinblack posted:

congrats on tom brady also forgetting the number of downs

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

R.D. Mangles posted:

congrats on tom brady also forgetting the number of downs

At this point, Tom Brady could show up in Arlington thinking he's supposed to bat cleanup and I wouldn't care

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

marioinblack posted:

I still have my seat cushion from their first home game. My dad pulled me and my brother out of school to go. Last game I went to was with my brother last summer, with his kid - we caught two line drive foul balls on the third base side, was a great day. My brother died last November - he was a huge Cubs fan though so at least he got to see them win in 2016.

It's 'just' sports and it can be easy to forget among all the stats and competition that we are just spectators and a lot of our fond memories are how we shared that spectating with people we care about. I guess what I mean is, feel your feelings, man.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

E: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about cracking a beer during this baseball game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gonna crack a can you say

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Escaping me, feel like it wasn't long ago but when was the last time both LCS went 7?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

thinking about cracking a beer during this baseball game

i may crack in the psychological sense of the word

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Escaping me, feel like it wasn't long ago but when was the last time both LCS went 7?

Only happened twice: 2003 and 2004.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: beaten

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer