Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not really a mill guy but this seems like the perfect shell to abuse my favorite card in standard, so I present: Song of Crabation

4 Crab
4 Innkeeper
4 Secret Keeper
4 Cobra
4 Borrower
4 Bonecrusher
4 Beanstalk
4 Tutelage
4 Song of Creation
1 Seagate Restoration

4 Fabled Passage
4 Triome
4 Riverglide
4 Cragcrown
3 Island
3 Forest
1 Mountain

Easy game, easy life. Just play adventure creatures, play Song, Crab & Tute your opponents away

I genuinely believe that the interaction between Song and Adventures was always extremely powerful, crab allows you to play under your opponent rather than trying to go over the top with wish boards and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Anyone have the list for the version of Selesnya Counters that runs Ozolith?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m not really a mill guy but this seems like the perfect shell to abuse my favorite card in standard, so I present: Song of Crabation

4 Crab
4 Innkeeper
4 Secret Keeper
4 Cobra
4 Borrower
4 Bonecrusher
4 Beanstalk
4 Tutelage
4 Song of Creation
1 Seagate Restoration

4 Fabled Passage
4 Triome
4 Riverglide
4 Cragcrown
3 Island
3 Forest
1 Mountain

Easy game, easy life. Just play adventure creatures, play Song, Crab & Tute your opponents away

I genuinely believe that the interaction between Song and Adventures was always extremely powerful, crab allows you to play under your opponent rather than trying to go over the top with wish boards and so on.

Please let me know how this amazing sounding deck does.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Does anyone have a half-decent artifact jank list for standard? I'm hankering for some colorless nonsense

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
4-0 in the Zendikar event with the WB deck, in case you were torn on which to pick. Beat UB, RG, Colorless, UB.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Boco_T posted:

4-0 in the Zendikar event with the WB deck, in case you were torn on which to pick. Beat UB, RG, Colorless, UB.

Which is that? I know of Clerics, humans and Doom right now

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

BizarroAzrael posted:

Which is that? I know of Clerics, humans and Doom right now
The event has pre-constructed decks that you pick from

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
OTOH, the colorless deck is absurdly broken

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
It is an event where you can play brown, so you have to play brown. Got my 4 wins with tron. And the boros decks seems absolutely terrible.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

lol I lost like 600 ranks in an hour today

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

ex post facho posted:

OTOH, the colorless deck is absurdly broken

If by broken you mean absolutely loving atrociously bad and slow, sure.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bust Rodd posted:

4 Crab
4 Innkeeper
4 Secret Keeper
4 Cobra
4 Borrower
4 Bonecrusher
4 Beanstalk
4 Tutelage
4 Song of Creation
1 Seagate Restoration

4 Fabled Passage
4 Triome
4 Riverglide
4 Cragcrown
3 Island
3 Forest
1 Mountain

Had to craft 4 Cobras to make this work (seemed like a worthy investment) but I'm back to having fun with my good unscrupulous Innkeeper buddy.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Underworld Dreams + Peer Into the Abyss. Such a simple combo, yet so fun trying to land it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
idk just won 4 against the other decks in ~15 minutes who seemed to durdle doing nothing while I ramped into ugin and a constant stream of 4/4s and crawling barrens, the hedrons + monument + ugin are absurd

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Yeah, I went 4-2 with the colourless deck. It's too slow to compete against any real decks, but its endgame is much stronger than all the other ones and they're too slow to win before the endgame.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I went 0-6 with it, ramping to nowhere while the decks that went 1 drop 2 drop 3 drop smash smash ran me over every time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No offense to the colorless players because I think it’s a cool deck, but it really just speaks to how OP Ugin is that you can just build your entire deck around them and have it pay off.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I went 3-0 with the blue/red deck, it is fun! Mulligan for turn 2 Ominous seas, turn 4 storm's wrath/teferi's insight/inscription of insight and draw till you drop!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SalTheBard posted:

Please let me know how this amazing sounding deck does.

Was tooling around in the play queue with it. Once you get set up, their library goes away fast.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Underworld Dreams + Peer Into the Abyss. Such a simple combo, yet so fun trying to land it.

Peerbomb always does seem fun to try out when I get it run against me. I can usually see it coming a mile off, but I often struggle to deal with it.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

My most favorite fun jank deck, though I haven't fiddled with updating it for 2021 Standard.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Mill is so much fun. It's a style of play I've never used before. I'm amazed at how much thought can go into it. I had a Triple Tutelege / Into the story (24 cards) and then double Crab with a Passage (12 cards). I milled off 36 cards in one round. I got a snap concede. It was so much fun.

I agree, but recently I'm being matched only against other mill decks. The games tend to be short and most of the time end up on turn 5/6 - most of the time first person who puts Ruin Crab on the field wins. So, on one hand daily is super quick, on another - game is becoming ultra monotonous. Still, there are some fun cases - for example, today won when I had no cards in my library and still managed to mill my opponent out; also lost when my opponent drew 2 Bloodthirsts to counter my Crabs and 3 Cancels to counter my Teferi Tutelages

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I hate when you feel like you had a slam dunk drafting success with your lane wide open just to brick 0/3. Such an awful feeling. I ended up in R/B with Relic Robber, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Zagras, Deadly Alliances, Roil Eruptions, Spike field Hazard, Pelakka Predation, goblin rogues, warriors and wizards including three bug wranglers and two of the sneaks to help Robber get in, Fireblade Charger, Shatter Skull Minotaur, Ravager's Mace, etc. I could curve out with warriors, rogues, wizards and clerics with a nice efficient removal pile, nasty finishers, fun synergies, and then,

A short, terse fart of a run as I flood and get smashed by Drana three times in a row.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anybody got codes from FNM at Home that just straight up don't work? Not the Ashiok ones that cash in a nonexistent avatar but like codes that fail to redeem. I got three from my shop and one failed. The replacement one also failed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The most beautiful deck I have seen in like 3 years

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I just have to laugh at how owned I get.

On standard ladder with Realm-Cloaked Giant in hand... and this motherfucker brings an ALL GIANT GIMMICK DECK

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

On standard ladder with Realm-Cloaked Giant in hand... and this motherfucker brings an ALL GIANT GIMMICK DECK

That's amazing, do you think this was a happy accident or did this guy just have ENOUGH of Realm-Cloaked Giant one day and decided 'gently caress IT I'M BUILDING ALL GIANTS'
I hope you played it anyway just to show them :allears:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

That's amazing, do you think this was a happy accident or did this guy just have ENOUGH of Realm-Cloaked Giant one day and decided 'gently caress IT I'M BUILDING ALL GIANTS'
I hope you played it anyway just to show them :allears:

I was gonna play it then do the crying emote but he killed me before I could. I never saw him play it but I'm sure with the white mana he must have been packing them too so he could Plague Wind me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zero VGS posted:

That's hilarious. I've definitely thought about building a 120-card aggro deck because I'm so sick of all the mill decks.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
Put battle of wits in Jumpstart 2 cowards

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

My mind was boggled when I came here and saw people saying that the colorless event deck is good. I've been playing it all day because it seems cool, and I reckon I'm rocking maybe a 10% winrate with it. Most games consist of me piddling around with incredibly weak creatures and super slow mana-producing artifacts while my opponent, who actually has good cards that cost less than 6 mana, develops a board and kills me. Am I missing something?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

What kind of stupid rear end in a top hat designed Dream Trawler

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Ariong posted:

My mind was boggled when I came here and saw people saying that the colorless event deck is good. I've been playing it all day because it seems cool, and I reckon I'm rocking maybe a 10% winrate with it. Most games consist of me piddling around with incredibly weak creatures and super slow mana-producing artifacts while my opponent, who actually has good cards that cost less than 6 mana, develops a board and kills me. Am I missing something?

I got mana screwed with it about half the time. But getting Forsaken Monument out kicks it into high gear.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Bust Rodd posted:

The most beautiful deck I have seen in like 3 years

Was playing it in Mythic, confirmed fun...and beautiful too I guess?

Also I only lost 10% of games with the colorless deck. Aggressively trade and semi-aggressively sac artifacts for cards. Because once you have the monument out, it’s game over usually.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 18, 2020

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ariong posted:

Mulligan so you can ramp to four on three and have one of the karns and enjoy brown.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ariong posted:

As far as I can tell, success in the deck is wholly dependent on whether or not you get Forsaken Monument out.

I was playing the selesnya counters deck and I have no idea why Stormwild Capridor is in there. It's like someone just searched +1/+1 counters in standard and put that in there for some reason. Like loving Gnarlid Colony is more useful.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The truth of the matter is that in my very first game with the deck I ramped perfectly into turn 4 monument turn 5 WAR Ugin turn 6 M21 Ugin and I’ve been chasing that high ever since.

Sedisp posted:

Mulligan so you can ramp to four on three and have one of the karns and enjoy brown.

Is there a Karn in the deck? I never saw it, just the two Ugins.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I should really start building decks. Currently at 100+ rare WCs, 50+ mythic WCs

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I just finished some premier draft game and got a weird black card thing with 4 set symbols at the bottom as a reward together with my gold and xp, sadly didn't think to screenshot it. What is that thing? Hovering over it didn't tell me anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ariong posted:

The truth of the matter is that in my very first game with the deck I ramped perfectly into turn 4 monument turn 5 WAR Ugin turn 6 M21 Ugin and I’ve been chasing that high ever since.

Is there a Karn in the deck? I never saw it, just the two Ugins.

Haven't seen a list that isn't running four of the fetch karns minimum