Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

I wanna use Lisa more, but her hold is just so excrutiatingly slow. If that was sped up a bit, she'd instantly be a regular on my team.

Constellation 2 does make it more reliable, though. Constellation 6 looks incredibly spicy.

Is her E with 3 stacks the highest scaling attack in the game?

Beidou's counter is instant and does almost as much damage as Lisa's 3-stack fully-charged burst (442% vs 487%). But you need to time it so that an enemy hits you as you're doing it, otherwise it only does 122% damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

AweStriker posted:

Who's Xingqiu? What's he like?

hes a hydro sword burst/enabler/light support

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Beidou's counter is instant and does almost as much damage as Lisa's 3-stack fully-charged burst (442% vs 487%). But you need to time it so that an enemy hits you as you're doing it, otherwise it only does 122% damage.

it'll also do full damage if you absorb 2? or 3 hits while holding it. mastering the instant counter is necessary to really make her feel good though.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Working on getting about 12 more pulls to get Venti before the banner is up. Curious if I could clear Abyss 4 or higher, that seems to be the best source of pull currency for me atm. Is there something better to do to get some more pull bucks?

Here is my crew:

I'm using Diluc (no constellation) as DPS with Fischl and Barbara who both have all but their last constellation. I also have Xiangling in reserve with a Crescent Pike and Mona with a Skyward Atlas among others. I mainly don't have a good way to corral/group enemies and Fischl doesn't really take advantage of the electro buff on level 4.

Curios what my best investment is right now or a better strategy, I basically buff with Barbara (dragon tome) whenever I remember, drop the bird with Fischl, attack with Diluc who has 900 ATK. I mainly use traveller when I need some non-fire elemental attacks, I'm just hearing about combining fire with fire so I wonder if Xiangling would be better than traveller. I have a favonius and sacrificial greatsword if either would be better for Diluc.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Araganzar posted:

Working on getting about 12 more pulls to get Venti before the banner is up. Curious if I could clear Abyss 4 or higher, that seems to be the best source of pull currency for me atm. Is there something better to do to get some more pull bucks?

Here is my crew:

I'm using Diluc (no constellation) as DPS with Fischl and Barbara who both have all but their last constellation. I also have Xiangling in reserve with a Crescent Pike and Mona with a Skyward Atlas among others. I mainly don't have a good way to corral/group enemies and Fischl doesn't really take advantage of the electro buff on level 4.

Curios what my best investment is right now or a better strategy, I basically buff with Barbara (dragon tome) whenever I remember, drop the bird with Fischl, attack with Diluc who has 900 ATK. I mainly use traveller when I need some non-fire elemental attacks, I'm just hearing about combining fire with fire so I wonder if Xiangling would be better than traveller. I have a favonius and sacrificial greatsword if either would be better for Diluc.

mona's E is a big totem that taunts mobs. You should be using her.

Xiangling/Diluc/Fischl/Mona or diluc/bennet/fischl/mona (if you need healing)

bennet's a good healer/support and you don't need to level him that much since you'll probably just applying pyro and using his ult unless you can gear him.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
My last five 5* artifacts have all rolled HP%. Looks like I'm a Barbara main now.

The artifact grind at AR40 is absolute brutal. Not only do you need to roll Atk% on your main stat, you need to get at least good sub stats like crit or attack and have those upgrade when you level up the item. It's RNG stacked on RNG stacked on RNG.

I did some testing with defense by making a 1400 defense Noelle and I found out that the defense stat is useless. You still get pounded on by higher level enemies. Having 600 more defense than usual means you take one less hit, when you can get stunlocked into 5 or 6 hits. Shields, however, are very good.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Tabletops posted:

mona's E is a big totem that taunts mobs. You should be using her.

Xiangling/Diluc/Fischl/Mona or diluc/bennet/fischl/mona (if you need healing)

bennet's a good healer/support and you don't need to level him that much since you'll probably just applying pyro and using his ult unless you can gear him.

I have heard great things about Mona, I think I'll use here - the fire/fire/electro/electro combo sounds pretty good.

edit: well right after I posted I did a single pull and got Venti so I guess he should be worked into one of those combos....

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Araganzar posted:

I have heard great things about Mona, I think I'll use here - the fire/fire/electro/electro combo sounds pretty good.

edit: well right after I posted I did a single pull and got Venti so I guess he should be worked into one of those combos....

mona is hydro :)

diluc/venti/fischl/mona would probably blast rear end

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

dogsicle posted:

100% they hit the gacha at some point, main question is whether they have some way before then to get them refined via further passes or other events i guess? bonuses aside from the spear seem pretty good at base so i don't mind having r1, but with how hard refining even prototypes gets after r2 i can't imagine they'd make these BP ones much easier.

I'm guessing either they'll hit gacha or be the next addition to the crafting system as a step beyond the current prototype things a few months down the road. But that's me just being hopeful more likely than not.

Lord Ephraim posted:

My last five 5* artifacts have all rolled HP%. Looks like I'm a Barbara main now.

The artifact grind at AR40 is absolute brutal. Not only do you need to roll Atk% on your main stat, you need to get at least good sub stats like crit or attack and have those upgrade when you level up the item. It's RNG stacked on RNG stacked on RNG.

I did some testing with defense by making a 1400 defense Noelle and I found out that the defense stat is useless. You still get pounded on by higher level enemies. Having 600 more defense than usual means you take one less hit, when you can get stunlocked into 5 or 6 hits. Shields, however, are very good.

Shields are kind of absurd, I've noticed when I use Noelle that the shield she generates sometimes just seems to make me invincible for a while, I can power through pretty much whatever non-elemental attacks things throw at me for a surprising amount of time and use her to heal the rest of my team back to full.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm definitely looking forward to seeing some noelle and xinyang builds using the shield-specific artifact set (retracing bolide)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So I was looking up why the birthday input matters and it turns out that on your birthday you get a cake that appears to give you infinite resin. :fap:

Each use of it gets you fragile resin. Once you use it some web sites are saying it goes on cooldown for some amount of time. At which point it gives another resin.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 18, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lord Ephraim posted:

Using an already-enhanced artifact as fuel to enhance another artifact preserves something like 90% of the xp from the first one. So you should absolutely max out your "it has the right mainstat but all the substats are garbo" artifacts for now, and then if/when you get a better-rolled one, simply feed the mediocre artifact to the good artifact and it'll be nearly maxed out for free.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Here is my crew:

Run Diluc, Xiangling, Venti(because you just drew him) and Fischl for floor 4. Floor 5 onwards you need 2 teams, so you can go Diluc, Amber(for pyro damage boost), Fischl, Venti on one floor and Xiangling, Bennet, Mona, Barbara for the second half.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Archonex posted:

So I was looking up why the birthday input matters and it turns out that on your birthday you get a cake that appears to give you infinite resin. :fap:

Each use of it gets you fragile resin. Once you use it some web sites are saying it goes on cooldown for some amount of time. At which point it gives another resin.

Well shoot, mine isn't until July

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Same. :shepicide:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bruceski posted:

To be fair, only a few websites are reporting that it gets infinite resin. Though given that the cake gives you cake leftovers it seems likely that it does have some sort of function.

Also, you can set your birthday in game. If you do that you can set it to whatever you want. Not sure if that might have repercussions down the line though.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 18, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Using an already-enhanced artifact as fuel to enhance another artifact preserves something like 90% of the xp from the first one. So you should absolutely max out your "it has the right mainstat but all the substats are garbo" artifacts for now, and then if/when you get a better-rolled one, simply feed the mediocre artifact to the good artifact and it'll be nearly maxed out for free.

That would involve getting a 4* or 5* artifact that has atk% or crit%, which I have ZERO of. At AR40. I still rock 3* artifacts. My attack stat is carried mostly by 5* feathers. My strongest character is Keqing at level 80 with 1700 attack, 30% crit and 105% crit damage. With actual good artifacts, you can almost double the crit and crit damage and up attack by 50%. They're that important.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Archonex posted:

Ugh, my birthday was a month before the game came out, and I can't lie to the video game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got my Xiangling to the constellation level where her burst move is out 40% longer. Her burst is really nice because of the way it stays out after you switch, and now it stays out a really long time.

Also just hit AR29, so I can continue the main plot. This is the last segment of main plot in currently released content, right? Though I know that there are still character stories, which have been cool so far.

Archonex posted:

To be fair, only a few websites are reporting that it gets infinite resin. Though given that the cake gives you cake leftovers it seems likely that it does have some sort of function.

Also, you can set your birthday in game. If you do that you can set it to whatever you want. Not sure if that might have repercussions down the line though.

My actual birthday is fortunately October 24th, so I didn't have to lie to the game to make it soon.

Pain of Mind posted:

I guess just start wandering around if you are missing that many. Maybe there is some section of the map that is shown from the tower things but that you never went to? For a while I was missing 1 (I know there is an extra which I have not found) which I snagged on the secret sundial island, but I found the rest just wandering around without a guide. 13 seems like a lot to be missing.

Also, I think I am bad at this game. Maybe it is just from clicking through the instructions where I still do not know what elemental combos do, or maybe it is just rolling Diluc early I never needed to learn how to play. I went through and redid artifacts and upgraded most of them to 12 or 8, with some good ones to 16 thinking that would markedly change my dps, but I still 6 star Spiral Abyss Floor 4 which I was doing with trash tier 3* artifacts. My current party is either Diluc, Fischl, Xiangling, and either Barbara or Venti. I just got Venti and do not really know how to incorporate him into the party, I played with him a little, but must not be using him correctly because I was not impressed. My normal rotation is run up to bad guys, drop fire bear, drop electric bird, switch to Barbara to use her E for the 40%ish damage buff from the Book of Dragon Slayers (skip on most smaller things since they will be dead by now), then switch to Diluc and start hitting things.

For stats Diluc is at 1309 ATK, 33.9% Crit and 61.8% Crit damage, Fischl is at 1004 atk ~ 20% crit, Xiangling is at 725 attack 20% crit, and Barbara is at 582 atk, about 12,000 HP for healing, with everyone level 59-50. I am not sure if I am under-geared or/and just bad.

Is your issue that you can't kill things fast enough or that you're getting killed? If it's the latter, you can dodge a lot of stuff with dashing.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I actually got the cake for my birthday yesterday and when I used it I think I got some resin, and it replaced the cake with an item that looked the same, but showed as a new item, so I was assuming it was one time use and I wasn't sure what I could do with it beyond that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Mistikman posted:

I actually got the cake for my birthday yesterday and when I used it I think I got some resin, and it replaced the cake with an item that looked the same, but showed as a new item, so I was assuming it was one time use and I wasn't sure what I could do with it beyond that.

The new item has no immediate use. However, some websites are reporting that eventually a cooldown will end (and if you read it's description a certain way it also suggests that) and you can use it again to get more resin. At which point I guess you get more leftovers.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 18, 2020

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nuebot posted:

It was my assumption based on asking for f2p advice and being told to use gacha weapons or the battle pass weapon. :shrug:

That's the plan though, I got the iron sting or whatever and have most of the mats to upgrade it, I just need to hunt down a few more of those earth lizard guys. Hopefully that gives a much desired power boost.

There is a difference between optimal and functional. People were recommending her ideal weapons. She's still an incredibly powerful 5* regardless.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ytlaya posted:

I got my Xiangling to the constellation level where her burst move is out 40% longer. Her burst is really nice because of the way it stays out after you switch, and now it stays out a really long time.

Also just hit AR29, so I can continue the main plot. This is the last segment of main plot in currently released content, right? Though I know that there are still character stories, which have been cool so far.

My actual birthday is fortunately October 24th, so I didn't have to lie to the game to make it soon.

Is your issue that you can't kill things fast enough or that you're getting killed? If it's the latter, you can dodge a lot of stuff with dashing.

hey october 24th birthday buddy

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So I just hit 30 on the BP the temptation is setting in. Even without the special weapon, all that exp and mora are looking juicy at AR37.

I'm starting to crunch the numbers, and Serpent Spine actually seems easily superior to Prototype Aminus at this stage in the game. And that's before taking the passive bonus into account. You're trading 22.7% +ATK% and a few dozen base ATK for 22.7% crit chance. Keeping my current artifacts, I'd get about a baseline 5% increase to my effective ATK. If I keep up the DMG multiplier, then it's a 35% increase.

:stare: :10bux:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lord Ephraim posted:

That would involve getting a 4* or 5* artifact that has atk% or crit%, which I have ZERO of. At AR40. I still rock 3* artifacts. My attack stat is carried mostly by 5* feathers. My strongest character is Keqing at level 80 with 1700 attack, 30% crit and 105% crit damage. With actual good artifacts, you can almost double the crit and crit damage and up attack by 50%. They're that important.

You have zero 4* atk artifacts by AR40? :wtc:
That's incredibly terrible luck.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i lied to the videogame about my birthday because i already found it creepy it was asking for my year of birth and wanted to remain running in background, leave me alone viedoegmeane

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I used the 10 free wish rolls on the venti banner before it went for the hell of it and got Diluc. Okay, game, sure. I don't even know what to slap on this guy, fire damage I assume? Same pull got me a 4* bow, "Stringless", anyone know if that's great for anyone in particular? I've got a surplus of materials so I'll probably level it up since I like using Amber and this'll give me a good chance to keep her and Fischel outfitted.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

i fought the cryo regisvine thing and it kept doing the small range aoe and i just kept dodging it and was very confused by the apparant complete invincivbility frames

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nuebot posted:

I used the 10 free wish rolls on the venti banner before it went for the hell of it and got Diluc. Okay, game, sure. I don't even know what to slap on this guy, fire damage I assume? Same pull got me a 4* bow, "Stringless", anyone know if that's great for anyone in particular? I've got a surplus of materials so I'll probably level it up since I like using Amber and this'll give me a good chance to keep her and Fischel outfitted.

Stringless is the best bow for Fischl since it buffs up her raven's damage.
For Diluc you just wanna build +atk on all your gear, just like any other character. Having one slot with +pyro damage is a good idea but don't go overboard sacrificing multiple slots worth of attack for it. You wanna eventually aim for the Crimson Witch or Gladiator sets on hiim.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ytlaya posted:

I just can't kill fast enough, though from memory I cannot recall what mobs are giving issues. Probably those stupid bubble mage guys where I never seem to have the correct element and they take forever. I feel like I was close to getting 3 stars, but was not quite there.

Also, I put my birthday as October 8th even though it is in July because I figured the odds of still playing this game in 9 months were pretty slim. For the discussion on the cake refresh, I wonder if it refreshes on your birthday :v: .

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

kinda weird going from leave emulator on all night to auto epic 7 for gear to this where you run it a few times and just shrug!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got Gladiator set for Keqing, ATK on everything aside of flower. Now only to level her to 70, I guess, and gacha whale for better weapon than 2R ProtoRancour.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pain of Mind posted:

I just can't kill fast enough, though from memory I cannot recall what mobs are giving issues. Probably those stupid bubble mage guys where I never seem to have the correct element and they take forever. I feel like I was close to getting 3 stars, but was not quite there.

Also, I put my birthday as October 8th even though it is in July because I figured the odds of still playing this game in 9 months were pretty slim. For the discussion on the cake refresh, I wonder if it refreshes on your birthday :v: .

It's not immediately obvious, but some targets including mage shields and regisvine weakspots actually totally ignore your damage. The only thing that affects how fast you can break them is which element you're using. A level 1 Barbara can break a Pyro Mage's shield faster than a level 90 Diluc.
You can check which enemies are on an abyss floor before forming your party to enter it, so it's a real good idea to bring 1 character specifically just to counter whichever element is on that floor. Even if they're level 1 they can still be MVP (just don't let them get oneshot).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Stringless is the best bow for Fischl since it buffs up her raven's damage.
For Diluc you just wanna build +atk on all your gear, just like any other character. Having one slot with +pyro damage is a good idea but don't go overboard sacrificing multiple slots worth of attack for it. You wanna eventually aim for the Crimson Witch or Gladiator sets on hiim.

I lucked out then, I can't wait to build my explosive team of forever explosions. Plus I guess noelle for healing or something and to take care of anything I can't explode.

Pain of Mind posted:

The mage shields are really weird, if you do the co-op event even at like level 11 their shields can feel nigh impenetrable at times. There was one hilarious run where everyone in the party was either Fischel or Keqing and none of us could do more than a tiny sliver to the ice mage's bubble. But then I play solo and I just tear them apart.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Do we know if we're getting a +hydro damage set eventually?

berenzen fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 18, 2020

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Was this not linked yet?

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1317676780250038273

Personally I'm not really interested in any of these 4, so I won't be rolling on this banner. Hopefully Ningguang and Beidou are on the next one.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 18, 2020

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

It's worth mentioning that both Sucrose and Xingqiu have passives that give you extra items/item refunds when crafting character progression items at the alchemy table, so they're definitely not bad characters to have on the roster even if you have no intention of using them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm learning way too late how good geo is against encounters with all the same element type, e.g. slimes. Crystalline basically makes you immune while it's up, it's almost like having a personal abyss mage shield. Geo traveler almost feels like a requirement on Abyss 9-1.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Bland posted:

It's worth mentioning that both Sucrose and Xingqiu have passives that give you extra items/item refunds when crafting character progression items at the alchemy table, so they're definitely not bad characters to have on the roster even if you have no intention of using them.

Is there one in the banner that gives you back materials or gives you free materials for crafting weapon upgrade mats? IE: Ores and not the alchemy table stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Archonex posted:

Is there one in the banner that gives you back materials or gives you free materials for crafting weapon upgrade mats? IE: Ores and not the alchemy table stuff.

None. But Diluc gets at 15% discount when crafting claymores (pretty lame, lol). Ningguang gets to see ore on the map.