Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

How is Mona? Just got her off the pity timer as my only 5* and running on water is nifty but not sure how she slots into my current team setup (Fish, Xiang, Noelle, Barbara). I also have the free characters and Bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Virtue posted:

How is Mona? Just got her off the pity timer as my only 5* and running on water is nifty but not sure how she slots into my current team setup (Fish, Xiang, Noelle, Barbara). I also have the free characters and Bennett.

AoE taunt and makes your guys do gorillans of damage with her ult. A very solid hero.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Loaded Razor up with some elemental mastery artifacts for the hell of it and my god his Stand is never not out have become The Jojo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vargs posted:

Was this not linked yet?

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1317676780250038273

Personally I'm not really interested in any of these 4, so I won't be rolling on this banner. Hopefully Ningguang and Beidou are on the next one.

Ah drat I was hoping we'd get Klee banner immediately after Venti's expires. Not too long of a wait though.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Inverse posted:

AoE taunt and makes your guys do gorillans of damage with her ult. A very solid hero.

How much is a gorillan damage in base 10?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ooh the next catalyst on rateup is pretty good...I'm assuming its even less worth it to roll on the weapon banner than the normal banner...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm learning way too late how good geo is against encounters with all the same element type, e.g. slimes. Crystalline basically makes you immune while it's up, it's almost like having a personal abyss mage shield. Geo traveler almost feels like a requirement on Abyss 9-1.

I still don't really understand how Crystalline works but Noelle seemingly at random feels like a complete juggernaut so I definitely dig it and look forward to more geo characters in the future.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I still don't really understand how Crystalline works but Noelle seemingly at random feels like a complete juggernaut so I definitely dig it and look forward to more geo characters in the future.

When you hit another element with a geo attack, it produces a crystal of the element hit, pick up the crystal and you get a temp resist barrier to that element specifically and all damage types generally

Idk the numbers but it’s more effective against that element but protects from all damage

only one element barrier at a time tho

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 18, 2020

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

When you hit another element with a geo attack, it produces a crystal of the element hit, pick up the crystal and you get a temp resist barrier to that element specifically and all damage types generally

Idk the numbers but it’s more effective against that element but protects from all damage

only one element barrier at a time tho

Oh, okay, I was wondering what caused those crystals because I couldn't quite figure out where they all came from and now feel extra dumb for not picking up on that. That explains why after doing damage with keqing and swapping to noella produced a lot of electro crystals.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Oh, okay, I was wondering what caused those crystals because I couldn't quite figure out where they all came from and now feel extra dumb for not picking up on that. That explains why after doing damage with keqing and swapping to noella produced a lot of electro crystals.

No need to feel dumb, it's not all that obvious. It really could have benefited from having one of those character trials to really make it obvious.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yeah i had to look it up on the wiki even as i was typing that explainer, i still have no idea how much it protects % wise from elements or all damage though, I just know it's a real nice armor buff for when im running around as Ning and the double geo gives +15% atk when i have the shield on so I'm always trying to pick one up, which is easy because all of ning's attacks are geo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

As someone who is not good with numbers is the 25% attack from having 2 fire units as good as it seems or does it only factor base attack or something

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Vargs posted:

Was this not linked yet?
Personally I'm not really interested in any of these 4, so I won't be rolling on this banner. Hopefully Ningguang and Beidou are on the next one.

Ningguang would go along pretty well with Johnny if hes the next rate up 5*.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 18, 2020

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Xiao is next if the datamined banners stay accurate. She is on zhongli's banner though which should come after.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sad to hear klee might not be that good and xiao is an anemo character which I'm swimming in. Oh well

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Klee seems really funny if you have Jean you can suck up her mines and then shotgun them at enemies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Klee seems really funny if you have Jean you can suck up her mines and then shotgun them at enemies.

I do have jean and its pretty much the only reason I might pull for her. It depends on how well the mines and ult synergize with her dandelion field and ventis succ

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

:stare:...I want Klee now. I drew Jean on the Venti banner but that was long enough ago now that I can't see it in my history, so it's even reasonable to hope to get her on pity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Xiao could be very interesting if he's a better DPS spear user than Xiangling so I could put her on support. What I really want from the Klee banner is Xingquan so I have to hope I find him in time - I have about 30 rolls saved so may get 50 rolls before the banner ends.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

So I just hit 30 on the BP the temptation is setting in. Even without the special weapon, all that exp and mora are looking juicy at AR37.

I'm starting to crunch the numbers, and Serpent Spine actually seems easily superior to Prototype Aminus at this stage in the game. And that's before taking the passive bonus into account. You're trading 22.7% +ATK% and a few dozen base ATK for 22.7% crit chance. Keeping my current artifacts, I'd get about a baseline 5% increase to my effective ATK. If I keep up the DMG multiplier, then it's a 35% increase.

:stare: :10bux:

just wanted to hit on a little serpent spine thing for people who are thinking about getting it. if you have diluc, it's important to note that when he stands or steps into the fire he leaves on the ground, it counts as a hit and will remove a stack of the weapon's bonus. something i didn't consider but makes sense with how beidou's parry works, basically.

obviously this is something you can play around but i found it annoying enough to just swap spine off of him.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

As someone who is not good with numbers is the 25% attack from having 2 fire units as good as it seems or does it only factor base attack or something

It's exactly as good as the %ATK on artifacts. It stacks additively with other %ATK bonuses, which apply to the character attack + weapon attack, but doesn't apply to flat ATK bonuses (e.g. the +ATK on artifacts).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dogsicle posted:

just wanted to hit on a little serpent spine thing for people who are thinking about getting it. if you have diluc, it's important to note that when he stands or steps into the fire he leaves on the ground, it counts as a hit and will remove a stack of the weapon's bonus. something i didn't consider but makes sense with how beidou's parry works, basically.

obviously this is something you can play around but i found it annoying enough to just swap spine off of him.

Huh that kind of explains why the guide site I was looking at recently swapped from listing the spine as his best to listing other weapons for him in their recommended tab. Though currently it says his best weapon is the prototype aminus so :shrug:.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Got to AR 30 today, did the final available Archon quest too. I guess the game is on "do the dailies + spend resin and log out" mode until I get to AR 36 and I can unlock those 3 other character quests... and then thats it? Wait for next big content patch?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yea

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Well if you're only AR30 then you most likely have a ton of the open world exploration stuff unfinished too.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well you can always farm ascension mats for characters / weapons, collect poo poo like glaze lillies / wall mushrooms / the specialty stuff that is limited quantity, and farm fatui etc for their ascension drops (you need a LOT of these)

there's also basically an infinite need for Mora which you can farm via anemo/geo sigils (1600 per 2 once you finish the shop), the floating water boxes usually have 1k per, chests of course have a bunch, etc. Whenever I'm 'out of stuff' to do I just go around farming stuff in a relaxed way, re-exploring areas I've been to cuz i've almost always missed something, killing random enemies.. game is still fun to play without quests directing you to places

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 18, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah you need to periodically update your gear and skills cause ar scaling is gonna kill you on world level 4.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol i was having baffling trouble being able to do any stasis fights.

then i climbed on top of a traveler geo boulder and ignored all mechanics omg.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Inzombiac posted:

You can still go to the second area and do stuff there. It's only talking about the next story mission.

I got an AR level just hoofing it over to the central portion of area 2.

How do I do that? Every time I travel more than a short distance outside of the lit map, Paimon lectures me about boundaries and I get stopped.

EDIT: Reached AR 20 and got Barbara. Hello, She Who Will Never Leave My Team. Now, THAT'S a healer.

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 18, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not-China is south, not whatever the red outlines are.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Since my stash of noob stuff ran out I've basically just been playing enough to roll once a day. My one roll today got Fischl, and she owns. I will probably never use Lisa again now lol bye

I've done a few ley line fights and spent the resin and all I seem to have got is some mora and companion EXP. I guess this automatically goes out equally to the characters in your party and increases their friendship (?), but what does THAT do?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I'm sad about the next character banner, my only non-f2p characters are basically sucrose and xing and I don't really use them. Noelle c1 could be good but lol rolling specifically for that.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Paperhouse posted:

I've done a few ley line fights and spent the resin and all I seem to have got is some mora and companion EXP. I guess this automatically goes out equally to the characters in your party and increases their friendship (?), but what does THAT do?

Character fluff in their profile, at max friendship you get a their namecard background I think.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Is there anything specifically good to use resin for on sundays? With all the daily materials being available it just seems a bit less efficient to farm talent/weapon materials since you'll most likely be getting stuff you don't need right now. So I'm guessing you should just run things unaffected by the day of the week, but I might be missing something that makes sunday more useful?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Archonex posted:

So I was looking up why the birthday input matters and it turns out that on your birthday you get a cake that appears to give you infinite resin. :fap:

Each use of it gets you fragile resin. Once you use it some web sites are saying it goes on cooldown for some amount of time. At which point it gives another resin.

This is what the cake gives you after you use it. I named my traveler after my kid and used her birthday lol, so I got it on Wednesday. If it refreshes I think it’ll either be once a week or once a month. I’ll let everyone know if/when it refreshes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Do we have any idea what 4* are going to be on Xiaos banner? I saw something about Xingqiu but I doubt they would repeat like that and I think that was the CBT version of the banner

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

This is what the cake gives you after you use it. I named my traveler after my kid and used her birthday lol, so I got it on Wednesday. If it refreshes I think it’ll either be once a week or once a month. I’ll let everyone know if/when it refreshes.

when on wednesday did you get the cake? it's my birthday today and i haven't gotten one

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Weedle posted:

when on wednesday did you get the cake? it's my birthday today and i haven't gotten one

When I logged in for the day, it was in my mail. Did you make sure your birthday is set? Happy Birthday!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

When I logged in for the day, it was in my mail. Did you make sure your birthday is set? Happy Birthday!

oh lol i never check my mail. thanks! and thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Xun posted:

Ooh the next catalyst on rateup is pretty good...I'm assuming its even less worth it to roll on the weapon banner than the normal banner...

fwiw i used 20 of my free rolls on the weapon banner at AR7 before I knew pity wasn't banner-agnostic. Got a 4* greatsword (the bell), two Favonius Lances. Bell immediately went on Beidou and carried me until I got Xiangling at AR20. Knowing what I know now about prototype weps and other free or easily obtainable 4*s, especially when I had a Debate Club...yeah, should have rolled the character banner lmao