Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1317468315627921408

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

And I thought Melbourne hosed up with consecutive Lord Mayor s being an ex liberal leader and the head of the property council (they did)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
From Fox Sports

quote:

The young Port Adelaide fan has outlined why he went over to Richmond star Tom Lynch following Friday night’s preliminary final.

In one of the most classy moments of 2020, young fan Archer Merritt went up to the fence to congratulate Lynch following his interview with Channel 7.

It came immediately after a fan had thrown a drink at Lynch, with the Tiger telling Daisy Pearce he had just had a ‘Bundy and Coke’ thrown on him during the interview.

“The Port Adelaide supporters were bullying him and making fun of him because he kicked a goal. We felt bad for him and wanted to congratulate him,” Archer Merritt revealed on Channel 7.

His father Jason explained Archer “felt bad” for what had occurred by another Power fan.

“One of the Port supporters had thrown a drink on him. Archie was getting a bit worried because things were getting a bit violent and escalating,” he said.

“So basically I took him up the back and away from it and said to him, ‘that’s not how you lose and that’s poor sportsmanship to carry on like that when your team has lost’.

“Archie felt bad for that and understood that that’s not how you lose a game of football and that’s not how you treat the footballers, so he asked if he could get down there and congratulate Tom Lynch on making the Grand Final.”

The fan is facing a ban from the Adelaide Oval after an investigation was launched.

That’s nice. It’s nice.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Those loving idiots should've left the bundy and coke in the can before they threw it

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

realbez posted:

From Fox Sports

That’s nice. It’s nice.

This is maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Its hard though, because gently caress tom lynch

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

realbez posted:

The fan is facing a ban from the Adelaide Oval after an investigation was launched
Poor kid.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

And I thought Melbourne hosed up with consecutive Lord Mayor s being an ex liberal leader and the head of the property council (they did)

One of his main running platforms is legit to kick all the homeless out of the Perth CBD.

Also: everything else about the guy

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think it is good that that kid's dad is teaching him to not be a crappy fan

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s a good learning moment

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

realbez posted:

It’s a good learning moment

Hopefully Tom Lynch takes something from it

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Tom Lynch is an ethical thug, he will only attempt to crush the windpipe of someone if they're over 18

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Jack Steele is a good footballing man.

edit: I'm fairly sure his ~3rd place is the closest anyone from GWS - past or present - has come to winning a Brownlow.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 18, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Neale won the brownlow which just happened apparently

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
wtf, thought you were kidding so i had to go to the abc site to check. a worthy winner from the games i saw this year.

edit: kidding about it being held a day early, i mean

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah it’s really weird and I don’t think they made it clear enough that it was going to happen

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I lol’d at Gill announcing Jack Gunston as “son of Ray and .... Gunston” (can’t remember his mums name)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

Neale won the brownlow which just happened apparently

By a decent margin too. Did Gil just speed run through the last 5 rounds when it became clear who had won?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

By a decent margin too. Did Gil just speed run through the last 5 rounds when it became clear who had won?

last 2 or 3 rounds they didn't do a summary, just vote crazy, with the camera sitting on an awkward looking Neale

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

So next week either Tom Lynch or Tom Hawkins will be a premiership player ... again.

So ...... yay?

On Hawkins, it's pretty impressive that 2020 was possibly his best year of football - 9 years after what was arguably his best game of football, the 2011 Grand Final.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Tigers v Cats GF is the worst possible outcome and the only good result would be an asteroid hitting the stadium during the singing of the national anthem.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Giants are kill

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1318069191635656705?s=19

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 19, 2020

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

So Geelong are about to play in a grand final and are going to get Jezza next year, also probably Shaun Higgins. Cool, cool cool

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Seems like a fair system that is working well.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

As a fan of a club whose problems stem from being poo poo off the field I feel like this should incentivize clubs to not be poo poo off the field. Act like a professional organisation and maybe good players will want to move there.

Or you could just get really really good at pretending to be a professionally run organisation and score guys like Goddard, Saad and Shiel lol

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Act like a professional organisation and maybe good players will want to move there.

*and don't be North Melbourne

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

monolithburger posted:

*and don't be North Melbourne

I feel like appointing a coach who didn't actually know how to coach into a senior coaching role where he stressed the gently caress out at not knowing how to coach is the definition of not acting like a professional organisation.

I'm sure poo poo facilities might have turned a few away but I doubt that was the only thing players found a bit repulsive about that club.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I feel like appointing a coach who didn't actually know how to coach into a senior coaching role where he stressed the gently caress out at not knowing how to coach is the definition of not acting like a professional organisation.

I'm sure poo poo facilities might have turned a few away but I doubt that was the only thing players found a bit repulsive about that club.

Uhhh this seems really out of left field

Shaw has done the AFLs coaching program, he did pretty well as interim coach last year.

Yes they were appointing a relatively young coach, but they were doing so under the assumption he would have a full footy department and suite of assistant coaches to support him.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

North could do with a dose of Ross the Boss tbh

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress that, send him over to us. I feel like everything he's said about Essendon recently I've just sat there nodding my head over.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

As a fan of a club whose problems stem from being poo poo off the field I feel like this should incentivize clubs to not be poo poo off the field. Act like a professional organisation and maybe good players will want to move there.

It does however result in a rich get richer world, where Hawthorn can win 3 flags in a row while poaching A Graders from bad sides every year

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Make player contracts public so we can at least understand how the gently caress the Cats are fitting all these fuckwits in their salary cap.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cameron's girlfriend now earning $300k a year cleaning offices at Costa

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I am seriously struggling to give even one iota of a poo poo about the grand final this weekend.

Port vs Lions would have been fantastic. This is just a contest of who has the most hated players.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Just really looking forward to Dusty winning the NS with 11 touches and 2 goals. Footy media will go ballistic over that too since they love the narrative more than anything else

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Uhhh this seems really out of left field

Shaw has done the AFLs coaching program, he did pretty well as interim coach last year.

Yes they were appointing a relatively young coach, but they were doing so under the assumption he would have a full footy department and suite of assistant coaches to support him.

He wouldn’t be the first person to be qualified on paper but have NFI how to put it in practice.

There’s a bit of a difference between implementing someone else’s game plan as an assistant and designing your own as it turns out.

Also the assistants they had around him weren’t much chop, hence the cleanout

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

I am seriously struggling to give even one iota of a poo poo about the grand final this weekend.

Port vs Lions would have been fantastic. This is just a contest of who has the most hated players.

:hmmyes:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
At least if Richmond win it's mostly just a bunch of pricks who have already tasted the ultimate glory before. What's one more time?

But if Geelong win, there's a bunch of pricks who will get to experience that sheer elation for the first time, which is obviously the greater evil.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

If Richmond win it it’s a bunch of pricks who start talking about how they’re the greatest team EVER. Better than the Hawks, Geelong, or Lions. I don’t want that.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Essendon have apparently asked for one of Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay or Sam Walsh from Carlton in exchange for Saad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

If Richmond win it it’s a bunch of pricks who start talking about how they’re the greatest team EVER. Better than the Hawks, Geelong, or Lions. I don’t want that.

No threepeat, no conversation.