Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

800x600 ray tracing on :smugdog::hf::pcgaming:

7 fps in quake ii rtx which I suspect means I didn't set the resolution scale right. :v:

Control was 5 fps in the first room!

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The best car in the game has a swastika on it and you cant change it so you have to use it if you want the best car

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Swastikcar OP pls nerf

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I really question what sort of bubble these people live in that an virtual modern clone of an orange Charger in a loving video game is an immeasurable offense. They should probably hang out more with common blue collar people, instead of sipping latte writing stupid articles in a Starbucks on their couch. They'd find more important things to get upset about than this sort of poo poo.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

I really question what sort of bubble these people live in that an virtual modern clone of an orange Charger in a loving video game is an immeasurable offense. They should probably hang out more with common blue collar people, instead of sipping latte writing stupid articles in a Starbucks on their couch. They'd find more important things to get upset about than this sort of poo poo.

Ok dennis leary

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
idk avoiding iconography that lionizes slavers seems like a pretty easy bar to clear but considering huge swaths of america won't even try and might shoot you for asking i understand why some people might prefer not to have reminders of hate symbols in their escapist video game

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So not featuring the confederate flag isn't enough? Without it, it's just a dumb orange Charger.

Also, Dukes of Hazard not getting aired in the US anymore? --edit: I guess not.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 18, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

lol, take your own advice fuckhead. Find something more important to be upset about.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the car itself is called the general lee and flag or not it's still inextricably tied to that iconography

it's really not a huge deal either way and you're absolutely allowed to think the reference is cool while acknowledging why some people might find it distasteful

just don't be all weird about it

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Dukes of Hazzard movie came out 15 years ago and the main dudes are like "well this is not good" when they see the flag on the roof.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Pwnstar posted:

The Dukes of Hazzard movie came out 15 years ago and the main dudes are like "well this is not good" when they see the flag on the roof.

Immediately cuts to them getting yelled at and poo poo thrown at them in traffic iirc lol

Now i wonder how much of that part is a johnny knoxville mea culpa for when he wore rebel flag poo poo in early jackass skits

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wonder if your choice of genitals will factor in as skill-checks somewhere.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I wonder if your choice of genitals will factor in as skill-checks somewhere.

If you have a vagina you'll only get 77% of the eddies promised to you.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
When the TV show came out the confederate stuff was more about Hollywood going "lol look at the silly hillbillies am I rite?" Like it always had bad implications if you thought about it, but it's not like now where pretty much only people who are being aggressive assholes on purpose use that symbolism.

It was always bad and dumb, but the people doing it for a laugh all stopped and all that's left are people doing it to deliberately provoke people.

Or put another way, I think unironic jerking off to the confederacy is more of a thing for right wingers in America now than it was in 1980. That poo poo really seemed to take of during the George W Bush administration, like a lot of other bad and dumb poo poo.

E: The :911: shitbird gang having a General Lee analogue would be very on point though!

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

sean10mm posted:

When the TV show came out the confederate stuff was more about Hollywood going "lol look at the silly hillbillies am I rite?" Like it always had bad implications if you thought about it, but it's not like now where pretty much only people who are being aggressive assholes on purpose use that symbolism.

It was always bad and dumb, but the people doing it for a laugh all stopped and all that's left are people doing it to deliberately provoke people.

As someone who barely watches any movies, let alone old irrelevant politically-charged ones, I didn't realize that I needed a phd in watching them in order to not deliberately provoke people now. Gently caress.

Ok, so is the manufacturer, Dodge, considered racist by extension as well as the model? I don't really think that the Dodge Charger itself should be guilty by association just because some movie painted(?) a confederate flag on it, but I also don't think that the OK symbol should be considered racist just because some dumbass white nationalists use an upside down version of it :shrug:

I thought almost all the cars in Cyberpunk look insanely good and fit the Mike Pondsmith cyberpunk style. Also, there's no way in hell that I'm driving in third-person after seeing interiors like this:

The Gadfly fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 18, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Gadfly posted:

As someone who barely watches any movies, let alone old irrelevant politically-charged ones, I didn't realize that I needed a phd in watching them in order to not deliberately provoke people now. Gently caress.

Ok, so is the manufacturer, Dodge, considered racist by extension as well as the model? I don't really think that the Dodge Charger itself should be guilty by association just because some movie painted(?) a confederate flag on it, but I also don't think that the OK symbol should be considered racist just because some dumbass white nationalists use an upside down version of it :shrug:

What

Nobody is saying what you think they're saying, I don't even know how the hell you got any of that from my post lol

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

The Gadfly posted:

Is a giant confederate flag on the roof really too subtle to appreciate without being steeped in the discourse?

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
I didn't even watch the movie, let alone know the exact make and model of a car that had a confederate flag painted on it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think it's cool that the car from the dumb show everyone is aware of through cultural osmosis will be in this video game because it's much more about being a rebel and outracing the law

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

sean10mm posted:

What

Nobody is saying what you think they're saying, I don't even know how the hell you got any of that from my post lol

People are actually saying this about the ok symbol though, it was a discussion just a few pages ago

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Confederate flag on the roof? Time for some personal responsibility, motherfucker.

Ive got a 1050ti. Should I be able to min settings this?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

You'll be fine.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Goodfeila posted:

People are actually saying this about the ok symbol though, it was a discussion just a few pages ago

pretty sure that dude was trolling

there's nothing inherently racist about ok symbols or dodge chargers, context is important

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

pretty sure that dude was trolling

there's nothing inherently racist about ok symbols or dodge chargers, context is important

I was making a joke when I called out someone for having ok symbols in their posted image but they did end up apologizing and removing the image in question, so...
The fact that the person's username happened to be "No Mods No Masters" is a cherry on top.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

I was making a joke when I called out someone for having ok symbols in their posted image but they did end up apologizing and removing the image in question, so...
The fact that the person's username happened to be "No Mods No Masters" is a cherry on top.

Yep, that's my bad for missing your incredible joke :jerkbag:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yep, that's my bad for missing your incredible joke :jerkbag:

I mean...the joke wasn't me being pretend offended. The joke was someone taking it seriously.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
maybe i didnt read right but the porsche is not the only classic car yes?
ferrari testarossa or bust

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The post was 100% indistinguishable to me from someone being seriously offended. I felt it was a less piece of poo poo thing to do to try to make a reasonable accommodation, but yeah you really got me good for thinking someone might be sensitive about nazis in 2020

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think it's cool that the car from the dumb show everyone is aware of through cultural osmosis will be in this video game because it's much more about being a rebel and outracing the law

The Confederacy would be corpo-rat as gently caress, though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/Black_Chamber_/status/1317563378940915713

apperently this is the next great sin against according to era and such places. like yeah that show was dumb but driving around the cyberpunk general lee and running over Corpo Boss Hogg as he screams at some deputy.

hell yeah, that's nomad as gently caress

AlternateAccount posted:

I seem to remember remember the roof being a giant confederate flag, so people will lose their poo poo for the association even if it’s omitted.

yeah it was, but also... you're supposed to be allowed to paint your car anyway you like so the cyber general might not even be in the actual game unless you do it yourself.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pulcinella posted:

Cyberpunk 2077: West Germanic jīz

mods if you can't do marx please do this

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
New monitor purchase was 99% influenced by this game coming out soon....

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Confederate flag on the roof? Time for some personal responsibility, motherfucker.

Ive got a 1050ti. Should I be able to min settings this?

The ps4/xbone in essence have a Radeon hd7850. Anything better than that will run the game at some settings at a “playable” frame rate. This has been true for basically the entire console generation.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

mods if you can't do marx please do this

Someone just needs to make a new thread with a good title

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Polaron posted:

The Confederacy would be corpo-rat as gently caress, though.

if you brought the Jefferson Davis and the Confederacy to the future of Cyberpunk 2077, they'd say, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and be confused about what they're seeing

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 18, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i am pretty sure they arnt gonna have a confederate flag on the top. like its basicaly just a not-charger with the same number and a different color. i am sure their will be other weird car references too like knight rider.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

I like their new design. I bought the previous model 2 years ago and it's been great so far. Could use more inputs, but that's on nVidia.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hammerstein posted:

Can it do 144Hz?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Game only runs 4:3, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Gadfly posted:

I thought almost all the cars in Cyberpunk look insanely good and fit the Mike Pondsmith cyberpunk style. Also, there's no way in hell that I'm driving in third-person after seeing interiors like this:

Yeah same.

When the game comes out I may honestly just go in 1st person and drive around the town for a few hours before doing any quests.