Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I was dead set against doing the EVGA step up as it seemed like a lot of hassle, but by now it seems like the only way I'm going to possibly get a 3080 before 2021.

Does anyone know how long it takes from registration to getting your step up card at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Samadhi posted:

I was dead set against doing the EVGA step up as it seemed like a lot of hassle, but by now it seems like the only way I'm going to possibly get a 3080 before 2021.

Does anyone know how long it takes from registration to getting your step up card at this point?

No one has gotten any step up cards yet. They're basically lowest priority. There's an unofficial fan made waiting list that their forums people have made because they're that bored and desperate to move names around and discuss their future cards.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wouldn't join step up queue now if you want a 3080 before 2021, only do step up if you're cool playing on a 2070s for the next several months at least. Last I saw they were still processing the first 30 min of step up requests. I signed up within the first hour of the 17th and have not gotten a card yet.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fuzz posted:

No one has gotten any step up cards yet. They're basically lowest priority.

Not true, my brother got his already. They started processing them last week.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah the first ~45 minutes of step up queue has been fulfilled at this point. The cards definitely exist in the hands of enrollees but anybody jumping into line now will almost certainly have months and months to wait unless inventory radically changes in the next six weeks.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

DrDork posted:

Either way gimped FP32 clearly isn't holding DLSS back at this point, so :shrug:

shrike82 posted:

That’s the thing, they probably don’t reduce performance when DLSS is being used since it’s a driver level setting. It just means all attempts to build a 3rd party analogue on a GeForce is going to be handicapped.

As far as I can find, the only 'gimping' is FP32 accumulate is half-rate. From what I read, FP16 multiply with FP32 accumulate is mostly used in training. Would inference for something like DLSS be harmed by half-rate FP32 accumulate? This is a bit too far from my area of expertise. Everything that I've read seems to say that by limiting FP32 accumulate in the tensor cores, NVIDIA is limiting training specifically but I can't find a full fledged explanation as to why, so perhaps to experts it is something that is self-evident?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

impacts anything running on the tensor cores

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Fuzz posted:

No one has gotten any step up cards yet. They're basically lowest priority. There's an unofficial fan made waiting list that their forums people have made because they're that bored and desperate to move names around and discuss their future cards.

It’s not true that no one has gotten step up cards yet, a number of people have. That said if you try to get on the step up list now I wouldn’t be surprised if took several months to complete. I got approved last week and sent my card back to them Friday, expect them to ship my card next week once they receive mine.

Edit: I did step up for the 3090.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 18, 2020

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs Legions is going to be 4K30 with RT on the PS5 and XSX
the comparisons with Ampere are going to be interesting especially with DLSS

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pivo posted:

You're a moron. Higher quality pixels literally does have meaning. It means quality > quantity in terms of the content of the raster vs. the size of the raster. It has meaning in displays, it has meaning in sensors, it has meaning in rendering. I can't believe this has to be explained. It can be quantified in various ways - shading precision, mesh complexity, raytracing bounce depth, whatever.

DLSS 2.0 is a general solution and doesn't require per-title training anymore, actually!

ah, great! thanks. i haven't been keeping up on this at all.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

shrike82 posted:

Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs Legions is going to be 4K30 with RT on the PS5 and XSX
the comparisons with Ampere are going to be interesting especially with DLSS
With upsampling, I presume?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think RT reflections and other effects for consoles will be sampled at a significantly lower resolution.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah IIRC the spoderman digitalfoundry analysis said the raster was running at full native 4K but the raytraced reflections were 1080p upscaled

Gran Turismo also appeared to be using quarter res RT reflections

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

ubisoft is also suggesting 4K ultra + ultra RT + DLSS performance mode (in lieu of quality mode) if you have a 3080

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

B-Mac posted:

It’s not true that no one has gotten step up cards yet, a number of people have. That said if you try to get on the step up list now I wouldn’t be surprised if took several months to complete. I got approved last week and sent my card back to them Friday, expect them to ship my card next week once they receive mine.

Out of curiosity what time did you jump in line? I’m assuming somewhere around 9:30-9:40 AM EST on the 17th yeah?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Out of curiosity what time did you jump in line? I’m assuming somewhere around 9:30-9:40 AM EST on the 17th yeah?

Sorry I should have clarified, I stepped up to the 3090. I applied for it about 2 minutes after it went live, 11:07 CST on 9/24. I assume there are for more people doing the 3080 step up.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

shrike82 posted:

impacts anything running on the tensor cores

Well no, that doesn't follow if we take as truth that FP32 accumulate is the only thing harmed. Tensors can accumulate into half-precision. All of this seems to be in the context of mixed-precision training, i.e. multiply FP16 accumulate FP32. I can't seem to find anyone discussing the impact on inference, and whether these deep learning models perform just fine with FP16 accumulate on inference.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

The point of accumulating in FP32 is so you don’t overflow the results of the FP16 multiplications. FP16-FP16 accumulate is theoretically possible but I haven’t seen anyone use it in practice.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

They've also optimized for sparsity, which they claim is a major boost to inference (whereas I'm led to believe training deep learning models with sparse ops is an area of active research and not mainstream).

I'm still not convinced that NVIDIA would meaningfully hobble inference at the same time as they're shipping models for use on the consumer cards, like DLSS and aiming it at '8K', where DLSS is a significant portion of frametime.

If they did use driver tricks to allow their models to run unconstrained while hobbling everyone else, I think that would be extremely un-competitive and worthy of a writeup. I imagine they're playing by their own rules, but using their latest research into half-precision and sparse matrices to maximally optimize within those constraints...

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

So did anyone NOT get hosed by dell on a 3080/3090 order? Cause mine is still sitting in confirmed status, but the charge fell off my card.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

B-Mac posted:

Sorry I should have clarified, I stepped up to the 3090. I applied for it about 2 minutes after it went live, 11:07 CST on 9/24. I assume there are for more people doing the 3080 step up.

You can just choose what to step up to? I assumed the 3090 was only an option for people stepping up from like the 20xx Tis.

I'd totally step up tip the 3090 if I can do that from any 20xx.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I've had a decent amount interest in posting HDMI 2.1 updates for OLED users who can fulfill those requirements for 4K/120. So maybe every week or two I'm going to try to carve a minute out to provide those updates, because there isn't a lot of ground level info on the subject beyond whatever small community exists for it. consolidating it should save people a lot of time that I had to spend to figure it out.

What cables will work for HDMI 2.1?

This is the shittiest and hardest to answer question, but we have some general answers. The short answer is that NO hdmi 2.1 certified cable exists. That's just how it is. You can buy literally any cable on the market and there is some chance it won't work, unless the cable length is 6 feet or less. If anyone has more info on this subject please PM me. I can, for now, only provide info on the cables that have personally worked for me. If you've had success with a different cable, that is valuable data.

1) The almost-foolproof choice: Monoprice DynamicView Ultra 8K https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31231

If you are less than 6 feet from your PC, you want this. HDMI 2.1 has a progressively stronger chance of failing the longer the cable is.

2) Club3d 8k cable: https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-CAC-1...nt&pageNumber=1

I have no personal use with this cable but it's a default recommendation in the... um... the HDMI 2.1 community as it exists. The best choice if you're in Europe where they seem to have a bigger presence.

3) Veskit 8K 16 foot cable https://www.amazon.com/48Gbps-Compa...6e-b06387f8bcf1

This has worked for a lot of people including myself, and it's 16 foot. It may not work for you, but Amazon has a super easy return policy and most people are having good success with this cable. By far the safest choice for lengths above 6 foot. This cable is ridiculously well made imo and very, very well priced. DO NOT purchase fiber optic, longer range HDMI 2.1 cables at this time. I don't know of a single cable above 16 foot that works consistently.

It doesn't work with my LG OLED for GSync?

Yep. Unfortunately it will take a month or two for retail LG OLED sets to support true HDMI 2.1 with GSync. However in the meantime, LG support will push a firmware update to your TV that supports your specific model. The best way to get this is if you have Twitter support in your country, just message them and you will be added into a beta program pushing the new firmware which will arrive in a day or two. If not you will have to call your country's LG support center.

These issues only affect HDMI 2.1 VRR and ALLM (auto low latancy mode aka the ability to auto switch to game mode when a game is detected). You can still use 4K/120 FPS without the new firmware, and 12 bit color if you're using a C9 in particular, since the CX doesn't support the full bandwidth of HDMI 2.1.

Side Note: you don't need 12 bit color but it's still beneficial. Basically, even though the panels cannot support 12 bit, it will still downsample in a way that has benefits mostly in color gradients. It's like online conference calls- you can feed a 4K input into a 720p resolution ceiling and it will look better than someone calling in from a native 1080p signal, for example. It's not a huge deal, and if you don't have 12 bit color from a CX it's not worth worrying about, but if you CAN freely turn this on, you should do so.

The 3080/90 can't do 4K/120 anyways

What a load of poo poo. That being said, you can't just set it to Ultra and expect it to work. Every demanding PC game has settings that do almost nothing but tank your FPS. In RDR2 it's volumetrics, anti aliasing, water (which are all beautiful but you won't miss them at ultra). Any demanding game should have decent tweak articles available. This is annoying but worth it. With a 3090 for example you should be averaging 90-110 FPS on RDR2 depending on your overclock / CPU / area of the game etc and drop that 10-15% or whatever for the 3080.

A big misconception I see is that HDMI 2.1 isn't worth it because the most demanding games can't hit 120 FPS. That's true, but running a game like RDR2 at 90+ fps is significantly better than 60fps. The relative scaling on FPS is weird. 30-60 is huge. 60-90 is huge. 90-120 is great but not something you'll be crying about if you can only achieve 90. If you're above 90, or above 100, you're golden, especially with HDMI 2.1 VRR.

This doesn't seem... worked out yet

Yeah pretty much, but getting a proper TV firmware and cable isn't too hard, and if you're browsing this thread, you could easily do it. It's very good.

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 18, 2020

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Fuzz posted:

You can just choose what to step up to? I assumed the 3090 was only an option for people stepping up from like the 20xx Tis.

I'd totally step up tip the 3090 if I can do that from any 20xx.

I had a 2080 Ti, had the option to step up to the 3080 FTW and 3090 FTW, or a lower level 2xxx card. You of course eat the money of you step down, so not sure why anyone would do that.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 18, 2020

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

VorpalFish posted:

So did anyone NOT get hosed by dell on a 3080/3090 order? Cause mine is still sitting in confirmed status, but the charge fell off my card.

Was this an actual charge, or a preauthorization?

If it was an actual charge, they never should have run it in the first place without shipping the product.

If it was a preauth, it falling off means nothing. Preauths naturally expire according to the policy of the bank that issued the card.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

B-Mac posted:

I had a 2080 Ti, had the option to step up to the 3080 FTW and 3090 FTW, or a lower level 2xxx card. You of course eat the money of you step down, so not sure why anyone would do that.

I found a 2060 Ultra in stock from one of their authorized direct resellers, gonna try to grab it and see if it works for a 3080 OR 3090 and they don't just try to force me to get a 2080 Ti or something.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Fuzz posted:

I found a 2060 Ultra in stock from one of their authorized direct resellers, gonna try to grab it and see if it works for a 3080 OR 3090 and they don't just try to force me to get a 2080 Ti or something.

Current list of US step up options.

Graphics Card
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (24G-P5-3987-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3897-KR, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (10G-P5-3897-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA, OVERCLOCKED, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Dual, 70C Gaming, RGB, Metal Backplate, 08G-P4-3173-KR, 8GB GDDR6 (08G-P4-3173-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING, 06G-P4-2068-KR, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, Metal Backplate (06G-P4-2068-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 BLACK GAMING, 06G-P4-1160-KR, 6GB GDDR5, Single Fan (06G-P4-1160-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GDDR6 GAMING, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate (04G-P4-1257-KR) (PDF)

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Taima posted:

I've had a decent amount interest in posting HDMI 2.1 updates for OLED users who can fulfill those requirements for 4K/120. So maybe every week or two I'm going to try to carve a minute out to provide those updates, because there isn't a lot of ground level info on the subject beyond whatever small community exists for it. consolidating it should save people a lot of time that I had to spend to figure it out.

What cables will work for HDMI 2.1?

This is the shittiest and hardest to answer question, but we have some general answers. The short answer is that NO hdmi 2.1 certified cable exists. That's just how it is. You can buy literally any cable on the market and there is some chance it won't work, unless the cable length is 6 feet or less. If anyone has more info on this subject please PM me. I can, for now, only provide info on the cables that have personally worked for me. If you've had success with a different cable, that is valuable data.

1) The almost-foolproof choice: Monoprice DynamicView Ultra 8K https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31231

If you are less than 6 feet from your PC, you want this. HDMI 2.1 has a progressively stronger chance of failing the longer the cable is.

2) Club3d 8k cable: https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-CAC-1...nt&pageNumber=1

I have no personal use with this cable but it's a default recommendation in the... um... the HDMI 2.1 community as it exists. The best choice if you're in Europe where they seem to have a bigger presence.

3) Veskit 8K 16 foot cable https://www.amazon.com/48Gbps-Compa...6e-b06387f8bcf1

This has worked for a lot of people including myself, and it's 16 foot. It may not work for you, but Amazon has a super easy return policy and most people are having good success with this cable. By far the safest choice for lengths above 6 foot. This cable is ridiculously well made imo and very, very well priced. DO NOT purchase fiber optic, longer range HDMI 2.1 cables at this time. I don't know of a single cable above 16 foot that works consistently.

It doesn't work with my LG OLED for GSync?

Yep. Unfortunately it will take a month or two for retail LG OLED sets to support true HDMI 2.1 with GSync. However in the meantime, LG support will push a firmware update to your TV that supports your specific model. The best way to get this is if you have Twitter support in your country, just message them and you will be added into a beta program pushing the new firmware which will arrive in a day or two. If not you will have to call your country's LG support center.

These issues only affect HDMI 2.1 VRR and ALLM (auto low latancy mode aka the ability to auto switch to game mode when a game is detected). You can still use 4K/120 FPS without the new firmware, and 12 bit color if you're using a C9 in particular, since the CX doesn't support the full bandwidth of HDMI 2.1.

Side Note: you don't need 12 bit color but it's still beneficial. Basically, even though the panels cannot support 12 bit, it will still downsample in a way that has benefits mostly in color gradients. It's like online conference calls- you can feed a 4K input into a 720p resolution ceiling and it will look better than someone calling in from a native 1080p signal, for example. It's not a huge deal, and if you don't have 12 bit color from a CX it's not worth worrying about, but if you CAN freely turn this on, you should do so.

The 3080/90 can't do 4K/120 anyways

What a load of poo poo. That being said, you can't just set it to Ultra and expect it to work. Every demanding PC game has settings that do almost nothing but tank your FPS. In RDR2 it's volumetrics, anti aliasing, water (which are all beautiful but you won't miss them at ultra). Any demanding game should have decent tweak articles available. This is annoying but worth it. With a 3090 for example you should be averaging 90-110 FPS on RDR2 depending on your overclock / CPU / area of the game etc and drop that 10-15% or whatever for the 3080.

A big misconception I see is that HDMI 2.1 isn't worth it because the most demanding games can't hit 120 FPS. That's true, but running a game like RDR2 at 90+ fps is significantly better than 60fps. The relative scaling on FPS is weird. 30-60 is huge. 60-90 is huge. 90-120 is great but not something you'll be crying about if you can only achieve 90. If you're above 90, or above 100, you're golden, especially with HDMI 2.1 VRR.

This doesn't seem... worked out yet

Yeah pretty much, but getting a proper TV firmware and cable isn't too hard, and if you're browsing this thread, you could easily do it. It's very good.

Thanks for this, can’t wait to get a 3080/90 to use with my C9. LG already pushed the firmware update to it. There’s a couple of games I plan to replay at 4k/120 but #1 will be Doom Eternal.

To clarify from your post, G-Sync is working 100% on HDMI 2.1 with the firmware update? And the VRR range is 40-120fps on all modern LG panels?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

B-Mac posted:

Does anyone know how fast people are getting stepped up cards vs trying to order one in 2 minute windows? I'd like to just get a 3070 at launch but if that's unlikely I might do a 2060 Super/2070 Super then step up if that can lock me into getting a 3070/3080 without scrambling.

Not sure if that's a 200iq move or just going to make me wait 3 months for no reason.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pik_d posted:

Does anyone know how fast people are getting stepped up cards vs trying to order one in 2 minute windows? I'd like to just get a 3070 at launch but if that's unlikely I might do a 2060 Super/2070 Super then step up if that can lock me into getting a 3070/3080 without scrambling.

Not sure if that's a 200iq move or just going to make me wait 3 months for no reason.

You're going to be waiting a while. Getting into the Step Up queue now is going to end up with you getting a card in February or March.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

B-Mac posted:

Graphics Card
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (24G-P5-3987-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3897-KR, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (10G-P5-3897-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA, OVERCLOCKED, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Dual, 70C Gaming, RGB, Metal Backplate, 08G-P4-3173-KR, 8GB GDDR6 (08G-P4-3173-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING, 06G-P4-2068-KR, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, Metal Backplate (06G-P4-2068-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 BLACK GAMING, 06G-P4-1160-KR, 6GB GDDR5, Single Fan (06G-P4-1160-KR) (PDF)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GDDR6 GAMING, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate (04G-P4-1257-KR) (PDF)

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

2070 Super, then.

Though it looks like I got a line on a 3080 FE, sooooo... maybe I don't have to care!

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Fuzz posted:

2070 Super, then.

Though it looks like I got a line on a 3080 FE, sooooo... maybe I don't have to care!

Just so we’re clear those are the cards you can step up to, it doesn’t matter what 16xx or 2xxx card you buy.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

jisforjosh posted:

You're going to be waiting a while. Getting into the Step Up queue now is going to end up with you getting a card in February or March.

Eh, given how pitiful the availability is for Ampere still is they'll probably be waiting just as long sitting on discord doing the F5 lottery. At least this way they'll have a decent card in the meantime. People on here who were fortunate enough to get a card seem not to realize they're the exception.

mA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 18, 2020

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Samadhi posted:

I ended up doing this. Managed to pick up a 2070 Super from Amazon. I only entered the step up queue recently, but even if it takes until next year, the super is a significant upgrade from my 1070. I'm still going to try and pick up a 3080 in the meantime, and I'll sell the extra 3080 if I end up with it.

BTW, you can step up to any card, you will just obviously have to pay a bigger difference if you buy a lower priced card initially.

A Proper Uppercut fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 18, 2020

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In only tangentially related news, I am so glad that the latest Nvidia drivers resolved the frustrating occasional black screen on GSync monitors when starting a game. It was previously like a 50% chance that I’d have to turn my primary monitor off and on again, and then rearrange all of my windows, every time I started a game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

B-Mac posted:

Just so we’re clear those are the cards you can step up to, it doesn’t matter what 16xx or 2xxx card you buy.

Right.

Now the question is do I want to keep this 3080 FE or actually still try to get an EVGA Ultra... I do love the look of the FE, but the EVGA seems better clocked, and I don't actualy plan to overclock the thing myself. (also I'm getting tempted to just get a 3090 solely for that stupid amount of VRAM)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In only tangentially related news, I am so glad that the latest Nvidia drivers resolved the frustrating occasional black screen on GSync monitors when starting a game. It was previously like a 50% chance that I’d have to turn my primary monitor off and on again, and then rearrange all of my windows, every time I started a game.

I wonder if that's the same thing that happens when alt-tabbing out of a game and then back in. I've noticed that the screen seems to take longer going back to full-screen in Borderlands 3 than seems reasonable, but I thought it was probably just BL3 still being a bit buggy on DX12. It's a minor annoyance and I think I'm still going to wait for the next driver release before updating, but on a single monitor this is not a big deal.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Animal posted:

Thanks for this, can’t wait to get a 3080/90 to use with my C9. LG already pushed the firmware update to it. There’s a couple of games I plan to replay at 4k/120 but #1 will be Doom Eternal.

To clarify from your post, G-Sync is working 100% on HDMI 2.1 with the firmware update? And the VRR range is 40-120fps on all modern LG panels?

Yessir!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

AirRaid posted:

Meanwhile, in Japan:

The ASUS Rog STRIX 3090 GUNDAM Edition.

meanwhile, in japan: (105 JPY = 1 USD)

I'm never getting a card.

here are the nonscalped prices, by the way (all out of stock)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Any rumors as to how many 3080s have been sold so far and what the production rate is, or is that pretty tightly guarded information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Any rumors as to how many 3080s have been sold so far and what the production rate is, or is that pretty tightly guarded information?

The most recent 'scandalous rumor' is that the shortage is entirely down to nVidia bogarting the entire supply of GDDR6X. Which *should* bode well for the 3070 simply because it doesn't use it.

I'd honestly be very surprised if the number of 3080s so far wasn't somewhere between 10k-15k.