Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ZIuoQDtL0

The "Pandemic Proof TM" FOX broadcasting gives us an 11th season (of 13!) of everyone's favorite Jerdelmarva shore area Burger place. I thought I saw something over the summer about people being annoyed by the Linda and Tina being voiced by males, but that seems to have petered out? Marshmallow is however being recast.

The movie is coming now on 4/9/2021, we hope.

1: Dream a Little Bob of Bob
Bob goes on an epic quest to find a misplaced lock box key. Tina attempts to learn a hand-slapping song that everyone can do - but her.

Next week's episode was written in the before times, but they've been asked about it, obviously:

2: Worms of In-Rear-Ment
Linda tries to take her family to the symphony on free admission night, but her efforts are thwarted by a pinworm epidemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Why is Marshmallow being recast? She was perfect in every way.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If I were to guess, it's probably because David Herman is the wrong color and that's a no-go nowadays.

edit: Just re-reading and my tone sounds kind of dismissive. I would like to clarify that I don't really have a strong stance on this one way or the other.

PizzaProwler fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 29, 2020

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I thought I saw something over the summer about people being annoyed by the Linda and Tina being voiced by males, but that seems to have petered out? Marshmallow is however being recast.

There are a couple of ways for guys to do female voices that don't bother me at all. One is Linda Burger: put in the effort and produce a voice that could pass as a woman's voice. The other is the Doc Hammer's voice for Dr. Mrs. the Monarch: lean in to your male voice because funny.

As for Tina's voice, I think that's more of a joke that they did it the way they're doing it, and it worked, so they kept it. For those who don't know, Tina was originally a boy named Daniel. You can probably find a video of the original pilot floating around somewhere; Daniel's voice was pretty much the same as Tina's. Then they were all like, "What if Daniel was exactly the same, except he's a girl instead?"

When I found out about that, it kind-of made her voice make sense to me.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

PizzaProwler posted:

If I were to guess, it's probably because David Herman is the wrong color and that's a no-go nowadays.

Ok, it's a behind-the-scenes problem, not an actual "Marshmallow" problem. Because, like I said, Marshmallow (the character) is perfect in every way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

2: Worms of In-Rear-Ment
Linda tries to take her family to the symphony on free admission night, but her efforts are thwarted by a pinworm epidemic.

hahaha WHAT

Mrenda posted:

Ok, it's a behind-the-scenes problem, not an actual "Marshmallow" problem. Because, like I said, Marshmallow (the character) is perfect in every way.

Marshmallow isn't perfect she's beautiful

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Mrenda posted:

The context here is the Central Park recast:
https://mobile.twitter.com/lorenbou...02%2Fframe.html

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Gene’s “Good Lord” as he stared at Tina made me nearly choke with laughter. I also appreciate every single episode that features a Bob hallucination. They’re the best in the series.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was hoping for another instance of PK Bob but it's probably best he appears sparingly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I want the Burgers to eventually get a dog

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

I want the Burgers to eventually get a dog

I don't. Once a Burger place starts expanding like that, it loses its focus. It's Bob's Burgers, not Bob's Dogs.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
They already have a pet: Little King Trashmouth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You mean Teddy.

Look at the easy beaver's motorcycle logo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:stare:

Jesus, Linda. Give up on the symphony. You're going to give everyone there covid pinworms.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 5, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gene eating a tator tot that was on the bathroom floor was legit upsetting.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Children are vile.

“Why did you even have kids?!”

“...It seemed like a good idea at the time...” :ohdear:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This has the feel of a halloween episode

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

muscles like this! posted:

Gene eating a tator tot that was on the bathroom floor was legit upsetting.

This show is now under administrative review with me. I’m going to have to see a plot synopsis before I watch any further episodes while having anything to eat or drink.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

screamin and creamin posted:

This show is now under administrative review with me. I’m going to have to see a plot synopsis before I watch any further episodes while having anything to eat or drink.

Yeah I had just started dinner when I was watching this episode, had to pause it and finish dinner before continuing.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
3: Copa-Bob-Ana
Bob agrees to be the temporary chef at the Fischoeders' new nightclub. Meanwhile, the kids get a hold of a stock tank and decide to throw a pool party in the restaurant basement.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I like the A plot and I like the B plot. I got high hopes for this one

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A month's rent in a night? That's more than we make in a month!

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Copa-Bob-Ana is kind of a weird episode to me because it ends up not showing all the stuff it's leading up to: Felix doesn't bust the sewage pipe, then it cuts away from Felix and Calvin fighting really fast, Linda and Calvin don't sing their duet except over the end credits, and the kids having fun with the tub is also just shown for a second.

Maybe tried to have too much with Felix, Mickey, Jenn and Chloe all showing up in the same episode. Mickey trying to make cocktails was great though.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
The NLCS is preempting tonight's episode. At least Joe Buck isn't calling a football game?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

The NLCS is preempting tonight's episode. At least Joe Buck isn't calling a football game?

Bad news, friend:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've been looking forward for another reason to hate tom brady and lo,

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been looking forward for another reason to hate tom brady and lo,

Nah, blame the Dodgers for not lying down and bringing the series to 7 games; I didn't really care for this NLCS, go Rays I guess. You know what, Brady would have (and will have more) chances to delay Animation Domination so blame away.

I guess I'll just have to take comfort in syndication Bob's Burgers, spanning all of season 9.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
4: Heartbreak Hotel-oween
Louise's plan to get revenge on Halloween for a candy transgression hits a snag when the Belcher kids meet a mysterious elderly woman at a hotel. Meanwhile, Linda and a very squeamish Bob donate blood at a vampire-themed blood mobile.

Late Football today but we're otherwise back until the next thing 2020 brings up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I thought that one already came out

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought that one already came out

Maybe in other countries? NLCS game 7 preempted it

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
5: Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School
Tina is put in charge of the Wagstaff School time capsule project, but she makes an enemy when she rejects Tammy's submission; Bob teases Linda over her inability to whistle.

Futon critic has this listed as 10-3, not 11-5. Either way I'm expecting 2020 shenanigans instead of :burger: at 9:30

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

2020 shenanigans is it gets shitcanned before it airs and the last episodes deleted lol

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
One long, one short

That was a better episode than I've seen in a while.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I’m catching up on the Halloween episode. What is tina’s costume in the flashback? I know it’s a pun of some sort but I can’t figure it out. (A bunch of drawer handles on her dress)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

AFewBricksShy posted:

I’m catching up on the Halloween episode. What is tina’s costume in the flashback? I know it’s a pun of some sort but I can’t figure it out. (A bunch of drawer handles on her dress)

According to my wife, she's dressed like Molly Ringwald and it's supposed to be "16 Handles"

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
200th EPISODE
6: Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids
The family must figure out how to keep the restaurant open after Bob's flattop breaks on the morning of the Ocean Avenue Business Association's: Ocean Fest on Ocean Avenue.

Late football game on Fox to celebrate!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Linda should have won. I guess we never see their competition except for trev

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There was a very nice looking dolphin statue in the background of one scene.

Great episode overall. I love that Bob was worried about cheating on his grill.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
More illness this season

7: Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid
When Gene can't eat Thanksgiving dinner because of a stomach flu, the family tries to cheer him up.

I don't know what other broadcast does l shows are doing, but this is 7/9 Sundays* with new episodes. I'm assuming I won't be posting in this thread from January to March

*Would have been 8/9 if not for a Game 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
enjoyed this one

"I can't believe it is butter"