Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Hollandia posted:

Just finished XCOM 2 vanilla, then Chimera, then found a flash sale on Humble for War of the Chosen so it's right back into X2.

Enjoying the poo poo out of them but I kinda expected a bit more out of the X2 basebuilding and research tree. I miss the X1 importance of taking risks to stun at least one of each alien, pokemon style.

I had to stun 26 alien engineers, 20 leaders, and 3 commanders and research them all to get plasma weapons in xcom files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
:piss:
But that sounds pretty cool, I'll look into it after Chosen.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Hollandia posted:

:piss:
But that sounds pretty cool, I'll look into it after Chosen.

To be fair, xcom files has much less random tech gating than xpiratez does, but the one part where it's there, it's huge.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
something screwed up in this playthrough and a ufo has been following me for so long that a second one has popped

https://i.imgur.com/FWRoB9u.gifv

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Do you have the resistance order slotted which gives a chance for ADVENT units to join the XCOM team?

It won't have anything to do with your weird UFO friend, but it would be an amusing coincidence!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

I've been having almost as much fun with the character creator and mods as I have with the game itself.

The Boss is a templar (She is a CQC master with Bladestorm), Peace Walker Big Boss and Solid Snake are Reapers, everyone else are soldiers. Maybe I'll make a skirmisher Raiden soon. Kaz is worth a closer look.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 18, 2020

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
...Unless you intended for Kaz to be telekinetic, you *might* wanna give him a different attitude...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No it's perfect

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I haven't played WOTC since release but I just got it for switch this weekend and have been having a good time with it (loading takes forever, other than that its a good port!)

Do PSI people still take forever to train and basically just live in the Psi buildings until the last 5 or 6 missions? If so that's a real bummer :(

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

I was getting sick of the same twenty or so AWC perks every campaign, so I downloaded some perk packs and put together an ini-only mod that gave each class about 60 more perks they could roll. Except now my friend who plays XCOM is inordinately impressed by this and is insisting I upload it to the workshop.

And I'm... not sure if I should do that? It's just using someone else's work in a novel way rather than something I actually made, and being an ini-only mod anyone who actually knows what they're doing could slap something similar together in a few days. Given that, plus the work I'd need to do to actually upload it as a mod (Getting permission from the mod authors, downloading mod manager and whatever, formatting it into something that actually can be uploaded because I suspect it can't as-is)... Is there enough interest in something like that for it to be worthwhile? Would anyone here actually want a mod like that on the workshop? Or should I not bother?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Just take them out when they have 3-4 good abilities and rotate em you don’t need them to have every training done to be effective. It makes sense that a guy would have to live in a lab to be a crazy wizard, but taking someone who knows one or two cool things is much more fun and fits the tone. You’ve got this guy who the lab rats have been experimenting with running around shooting people then all of a sudden he sends a beam of pure energy through an advent’s chest.

I remember sending out a guy who only had the immunity to area effects (fortress?) and inspire so I imagined him just striding through fire in a badass fashion and my grenadier being like “gently caress it I’ll drink to that” and blowing more poo poo up.

This is also why I generally never play impossible. Commander has enough difficulty while still preserving the option for playing a bit sub optimally to have fun with the game.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

karma_coma posted:

I haven't played WOTC since release but I just got it for switch this weekend and have been having a good time with it (loading takes forever, other than that its a good port!)

Do PSI people still take forever to train and basically just live in the Psi buildings until the last 5 or 6 missions? If so that's a real bummer :(

You can get them by the early midgame if you prioritize the Psi building, and they generally make it to their final level before other classes. There's always an opportunity cost to it, but I usually do whatever I can to not advance the main quest anyway, which leaves you some room for them.

They're also still the best class in the game even with the WOTC additions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arkanian posted:

I was getting sick of the same twenty or so AWC perks every campaign, so I downloaded some perk packs and put together an ini-only mod that gave each class about 60 more perks they could roll. Except now my friend who plays XCOM is inordinately impressed by this and is insisting I upload it to the workshop.

And I'm... not sure if I should do that? It's just using someone else's work in a novel way rather than something I actually made, and being an ini-only mod anyone who actually knows what they're doing could slap something similar together in a few days. Given that, plus the work I'd need to do to actually upload it as a mod (Getting permission from the mod authors, downloading mod manager and whatever, formatting it into something that actually can be uploaded because I suspect it can't as-is)... Is there enough interest in something like that for it to be worthwhile? Would anyone here actually want a mod like that on the workshop? Or should I not bother?

I've literally been looking for a mod like that for months and cobbling together my own to mixed success. I'd be super interested.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Zore posted:

I've literally been looking for a mod like that for months and cobbling together my own to mixed success. I'd be super interested.

Well, that's one person I guess. I'll look into it? Or I could just put the config onto pastebin for you to copy if you want, so long as you have the three perk pack mods I linked in my post you should be able to just turn them into inis and dump them into any config folder for an active mod and it should work.

Well, "work." I still can't get the Stinging Gale perk to function, and I still haven't tested all of the perks -- though given that the mod adds more than 260 perks, I doubt I'll ever finish testing them on my own. I still need to figure out how to make the melee perks I gave to Templars trigger momentum, too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arkanian posted:

Well, that's one person I guess. I'll look into it? Or I could just put the config onto pastebin for you to copy if you want, so long as you have the three perk pack mods I linked in my post you should be able to just turn them into inis and dump them into any config folder for an active mod and it should work.

Well, "work." I still can't get the Stinging Gale perk to function, and I still haven't tested all of the perks -- though given that the mod adds more than 260 perks, I doubt I'll ever finish testing them on my own. I still need to figure out how to make the melee perks I gave to Templars trigger momentum, too.

If you need some help with it I can flag any troubleshooting issues.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Zore posted:

If you need some help with it I can flag any troubleshooting issues.

That would be really helpful!

Give me a bit to clean it up and I'll put it up on Pastebin. The big issue at the moment is Stinging Gale -- I've tried everything I can think of, but it always just says "No Targets Available." I posted on the Mod author's page asking for help, but it seems they don't actually log on to Steam on weekends.

Other than that, the only real problems with the current build (Other than the Momentum issue anyway) are weapon assignment and SPARK BIT perks. For the first one (And you probably already know this), some perks need to be assigned to a weapon slot in order to function. I think I got all of them, but I've already caught a few I missed so there might be a few oversights. For the second, the SPARKs have a few perks that are meant to be used with Gremlins rather than BITs. You don't really need to worry about that one, though -- the few I've actually tested have worked fine (albeit with wonky animations), and the only reason I haven't tested all of them yet is because I made this mod for personal use and haven't really used SPARKs much this campaign. I could probably knock those all out in an hour or two once I get home today.

Anyway, I'll go see about uploading the configs. In the meantime, here's the list of all the perks, sorted by class (Psionics is for the Psionic Class mod). I originally made that just to keep track of what class got what, but I added some slightly more helpful notes once my friend expressed interest in using it himself (though they're still a mess -- should probably clean that up too).

Edit: Here are the files:

https://pastebin.com/JPk2mRc0
https://pastebin.com/FhhaDgff
https://pastebin.com/vWZmhkBZ

File names probably have to be the same. The last one is borrow from Mitzruti's Perk Pack; That mod already has programming to add perks to the AWC pool, so I borrowed it to make my own mod work; everything above ";Base Game Perks added:" is straight from that mod's config. There's actually a fourth ini file, but it's just to make the mod compatible with the jet pack mod (And hasn't had any problems) so unless you're using that mod you shouldn't need it.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 18, 2020

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Arkanian posted:

That would be really helpful!

Give me a bit to clean it up and I'll put it up on Pastebin. The big issue at the moment is Stinging Gale -- I've tried everything I can think of, but it always just says "No Targets Available." I posted on the Mod author's page asking for help, but it seems they don't actually log on to Steam on weekends.

Other than that, the only real problems with the current build (Other than the Momentum issue anyway) are weapon assignment and SPARK BIT perks. For the first one (And you probably already know this), some perks need to be assigned to a weapon slot in order to function. I think I got all of them, but I've already caught a few I missed so there might be a few oversights. For the second, the SPARKs have a few perks that are meant to be used with Gremlins rather than BITs. You don't really need to worry about that one, though -- the few I've actually tested have worked fine (albeit with wonky animations), and the only reason I haven't tested all of them yet is because I made this mod for personal use and haven't really used SPARKs much this campaign. I could probably knock those all out in an hour or two once I get home today.

Anyway, I'll go see about uploading the configs. In the meantime, here's the list of all the perks, sorted by class (Psionics is for the Psionic Class mod). I originally made that just to keep track of what class got what, but I added some slightly more helpful notes once my friend expressed interest in using it himself (though they're still a mess -- should probably clean that up too).

Edit: Here are the files:

https://pastebin.com/JPk2mRc0
https://pastebin.com/FhhaDgff
https://pastebin.com/vWZmhkBZ

File names probably have to be the same. The last one is borrow from Mitzruti's Perk Pack; That mod already has programming to add perks to the AWC pool, so I borrowed it to make my own mod work; everything above ";Base Game Perks added:" is straight from that mod's config. There's actually a fourth ini file, but it's just to make the mod compatible with the jet pack mod (And hasn't had any problems) so unless you're using that mod you shouldn't need it.

I also was looking for exactly this, but where do you slap the INIs?

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Dzus posted:

I also was looking for exactly this, but where do you slap the INIs?

Well in theory, I think you can just put them in any config folder that doesn't already have ini files with the same name.

In my case though, I just downloaded a mod I didn't plan to ever use, deleted the contents of the sub-folders (Just the contents of said sub-folders, mind -- if you delete the ".XComMod" file it won't show up in the Steam Launcher), and put them in the now-empty config folder there.

Oh, and keep in mind you also need to be subscribed to those three perk pack mods I linked up the page.

Edit: You may also need to leave in the XComEditor, XComEngine, and XComGame ini files. I left them in on the current version I'm using, and I can't remember whether it was because I needed to or because I was still figuring out how it worked and did something unnecessary. Editing them doesn't change anything, at least.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 18, 2020

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Decided to do a run through with RPGO, and I'm finding it kind of a mixed bag. It's fun but maybe I shouldn't have gone with the 'just randomize everything' option for my first go. Ended up with weird things like a soldier whose weapons are knives or ripjacks. Pure melee can be tricky to deal with, even Templars have their little autopistols to fall back on. And also it's annoying to hit my 'overwatch all' button and then have the melee soldier stuck waiting until I have them hunker or just end turn manually. Probably next run I'll go with the option where I get to choose part of their build and have the rest filled randomly. I should probably also pick up all the extra class mods to make it really insane.

The gunslinger skill that makes them take a shot at every enemy in a newly revealed pod is completely insane. Pump them up enough and they can delete all the base Advent guys out of a squad only leaving the beefier aliens alive, but already well wounded.

The ability to pump points into aim is ridiculously good, and I think the modder should have ramped up the point cost more quickly on that one. Mobility and HP are nice, defense and dodge are cool, but getting everyone on your team an easy 90+ aim is just ridiculous. Although it does somewhat make up for the dumb changes it makes to weapon mods where most of them have an upside and a downside. That really wasn't needed, it's just an extra frustration. And also the way that shotgun damage and aim turns to garbage outside of a few tiles away. I'm the opposite of a gun nut in real life, but even I know that shotguns don't just spray a giant cloud that dissipates after a few feet. That's a cartoon blunderbuss you're thinking of.

Also running into a weird but not really problematic bug where it seems like some of my troops are equipping multiple weapons in the same slot. Like I'll end up with 3 different shoot buttons, overwatch buttons, and reload buttons. I've even had soldiers run out of ammo only to still have other shoot buttons still active. No idea what's causing it, and I've tried a few other mods to work around it, but some soldiers just insist on still having two shoot buttons at the least. Not gamebreaking, just odd.

In conclusion, RPGO is a land of contrasts

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Arkanian posted:

Well in theory, I think you can just put them in any config folder that doesn't already have ini files with the same name.

In my case though, I just downloaded a mod I didn't plan to ever use, deleted the contents of the sub-folders (Just the contents of said sub-folders, mind -- if you delete the ".XComMod" file it won't show up in the Steam Launcher), and put them in the now-empty config folder there.

Oh, and keep in mind you also need to be subscribed to those three perk pack mods I linked up the page.

Edit: You may also need to leave in the XComEditor, XComEngine, and XComGame ini files. I left them in on the current version I'm using, and I can't remember whether it was because I needed to or because I was still figuring out how it worked and did something unnecessary. Editing them doesn't change anything, at least.

Could you just upload it to the workshop? Because your mod sounds cool but this process sounds annoying.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

Could you just upload it to the workshop? Because your mod sounds cool but this process sounds annoying.

I'll probably do that... once I actually have permission from the authors of those perk packs, and have downloaded the programs I'll need in order to upload it (Which I can't do from where I am at the moment). And figure out why Stinging Gale doesn't work I guess.

I wasn't actually planning to share it here -- just check if there was any interest -- but they offered to help troubleshoot and I felt it was probably better to do that before uploading it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

BlazetheInferno posted:

...Unless you intended for Kaz to be telekinetic, you *might* wanna give him a different attitude...

I'm not sure I understand. Attitude?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
status report: i got tag teamed

https://i.imgur.com/9mkGYMM.gifv

whoops wrong gif

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 19, 2020

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

I'm not sure I understand. Attitude?

Under "Character Info" -- it's the section where you define their personality as "Twitchy," "Normal," "By-theBook," etc. It determines their idle animations and what voicelines they use -- he's suggesting you pick a different one for Kaz so that his idle animation doesn't have him lifting his gun with his invisible arm. Though I don't think there is an attitude that wouldn't have him using his right arm like that to some degree.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Kaz would never agree to the idea. He has to hold on to the pain of the past.....so to speak.

Also it's accurate

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 18, 2020

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

moist turtleneck posted:

status report: i got tag teamed

I assume the fight was normal right? For some reason I want to say this happened to me once as well.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah it was the normal ufo thing except I had fully upgraded turrets because they gave me an extra month or two of preparation

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Don't think I've ever really had turrets up when I needed them. It tends to be a low priority research, and a low priority build, so if I build them at all it's usually late game when I have nothing else to do. And if I happen to get a UFO attack at that point, my supersoldiers are capable of taking on the whole map at once and the turrets are lucky if they even manage to get a shot in. Seems like that could have been balanced better, so that you have a way to get them early without requiring you to waste precious research time and build time/space plus power.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yeah, one Reaper and a couple of good Sharpshooters will do more heavy lifting than any number of turrets. IMO the turret facility would be a bit more worthwhile if it had a chance to thwart Chosen sabotage attempts, since then at least it would be useful on runs where you never get UFO'd

e: or, actually, what if it caused a disposable turret to deploy nearby when you manually designate an evac point? Just drop a little murder box to provide cover fire for your troops when poo poo goes sideways

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 19, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah, one Reaper and a couple of good Sharpshooters will do more heavy lifting than any number of turrets. IMO the turret facility would be a bit more worthwhile if it had a chance to thwart Chosen sabotage attempts, since then at least it would be useful on runs where you never get UFO'd

Good news :toot:

quote:

While staffed with an engineer, in addition to the boosted stats, all turrets also gain the Squadsight ability. In addition, the facility itself decreases the chances of Chosen sabotages succeeding.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Danaru posted:

Neat! I will still never build it :v: There's just so much poo poo to spend time and resources on. I would rather build a SPARK than the turret room, additional costs notwithstanding, because at least the SPARK can go out on missions!

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Danaru posted:

Angry Diplomat posted:

Neat! I will still never build it :v: There's just so much poo poo to spend time and resources on. I would rather build a SPARK than the turret room, additional costs notwithstanding, because at least the SPARK can go out on missions!
Unfortunately it's bugged -- you need a mod to make it block sabotage correctly.

Though speaking of mods to make turrets useful...

Angry Diplomat posted:

or, actually, what if it caused a disposable turret to deploy nearby when you manually designate an evac point? Just drop a little murder box to provide cover fire for your troops when poo poo goes sideways
There is a set of mods that lets you do something like this, albeit only on Protect the Device missions (Which they retool into wave defense -- you get five turns to get into position around the device before aliens show up). There's an addon that came out the other day that adds it to Reatliations as well.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Can use the Templar’s “swap places with an ally” to move the turrets forward—not extremely useful, but funny.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

wuffles posted:

Can use the Templar’s “swap places with an ally” to move the turrets forward—not extremely useful, but funny.

the displaced turret aiming up as the avenger lifts off without it, a single oily tear running down its barrel

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Decided to do a run through with RPGO, and I'm finding it kind of a mixed bag. It's fun but maybe I shouldn't have gone with the 'just randomize everything' option for my first go. Ended up with weird things like a soldier whose weapons are knives or ripjacks. Pure melee can be tricky to deal with, even Templars have their little autopistols to fall back on. And also it's annoying to hit my 'overwatch all' button and then have the melee soldier stuck waiting until I have them hunker or just end turn manually. Probably next run I'll go with the option where I get to choose part of their build and have the rest filled randomly. I should probably also pick up all the extra class mods to make it really insane.

The gunslinger skill that makes them take a shot at every enemy in a newly revealed pod is completely insane. Pump them up enough and they can delete all the base Advent guys out of a squad only leaving the beefier aliens alive, but already well wounded.

The ability to pump points into aim is ridiculously good, and I think the modder should have ramped up the point cost more quickly on that one. Mobility and HP are nice, defense and dodge are cool, but getting everyone on your team an easy 90+ aim is just ridiculous. Although it does somewhat make up for the dumb changes it makes to weapon mods where most of them have an upside and a downside. That really wasn't needed, it's just an extra frustration. And also the way that shotgun damage and aim turns to garbage outside of a few tiles away. I'm the opposite of a gun nut in real life, but even I know that shotguns don't just spray a giant cloud that dissipates after a few feet. That's a cartoon blunderbuss you're thinking of.

Also running into a weird but not really problematic bug where it seems like some of my troops are equipping multiple weapons in the same slot. Like I'll end up with 3 different shoot buttons, overwatch buttons, and reload buttons. I've even had soldiers run out of ammo only to still have other shoot buttons still active. No idea what's causing it, and I've tried a few other mods to work around it, but some soldiers just insist on still having two shoot buttons at the least. Not gamebreaking, just odd.

In conclusion, RPGO is a land of contrasts

You're not wrong. I think the Multiple Weapons bug is caused by the 'unequip barracks' button, they've been trying to find a fix for that for a while. As for shotguns, I think they're supposed to have a rifle range table and then only damage changes, but clearly something has gone wrong. I recommend using New Weapon Range Tables WOTC + LWOTC to fix your shotguns being wet farts at anything but point blank range.

Another thing to consider with RPGO Random Classes is that the number of specialisations per primary weapon is differnt, so depending on which extra classes and specialisations you add you may see more characters with Vektor/Sniper rifles & cannons than shotguns or Assault Rifles.it's a fun system, but i'm also a fan of adding in some other classes that cover those weapons.

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: or, actually, what if it caused a disposable turret to deploy nearby when you manually designate an evac point? Just drop a little murder box to provide cover fire for your troops when poo poo goes sideways

Yeah the Defence matrix isn't great. But if you're looking for a sentry gun... That one only has one rank tho.

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 20, 2020

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Torchlighter posted:

You're not wrong. I think the Multiple Weapons bug is caused by the 'unequip barracks' button, they've been trying to find a fix for that for a while. As for shotguns, I think they're supposed to have a rifle range table and then only damage changes, but clearly something has gone wrong. I recommend using New Weapon Range Tables WOTC + LWOTC to fix your shotguns being wet farts at anything but point blank range.

Another thing to consider with RPGO Random Classes is that the number of specialisations per primary weapon is differnt, so depending on which extra classes and specialisations you add you may see more characters with Vektor/Sniper rifles & cannons than shotguns or Assault Rifles.it's a fun system, but i'm also a fan of adding in some other classes that cover those weapons.

Yeah equipping things is just weird. It really seems to get confused with the tactical legacy weapons. I'll equip one but it just shows a default empty weapon, then I'll equip another weapon over that and then it will start showing the TLP weapon. No idea what's going on there. I got another mod 'Soldier Loadout Overhaul' that was supposed to help with managing equipment, but it doesn't really seem to do much. Ostensibly it should allow you to equip something even if it's already equipped to another soldier, and just unequip it from that other one. But in practice doing that will not just take the weapon or grenade or ammo or whatever that you're swapping, it will also strip everything off that other soldier, like to the point where their equip slots are entirely blank. And that's just annoying to deal with. But I will grab that mod to try and help the anemic shotguns.

I'll try out some of the other classes soon, this campaign is close to wrapping up. So far the only notable unusual weapons I've seen have been a few ripjacks on non-skirmishers, and also one soldier that can use a bullpup. Which isn't all that great really, since the bullpup has a weaker damage output to balance out the skirmisher's ability to shoot twice in a turn, so putting it on a normal soldier means it's basically just a worse rifle. I do find it pretty useful that it will randomly give gremlins to people, though. One person got a sniper and a gremlin and a full medic skill line, so I can have them chill in the back popping aliens and also dropping heals when needed. The lack of a pistol isn't noticeable when you build them for long range sniping anyway.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

lmao, some mod I installed broke the Chosen:

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

binge crotching posted:

lmao, some mod I installed broke the Chosen:

I got something like this when I uninstalled A Better Chosen (It was my first time on Commander difficulty, and I hadn't realized how much of a difficulty spike there was from Veteran). The Warlock had been spawned with a strength created by that mod, so when I encountered him for the first time he had a blank space where one of his strengths should have been. Though in that case, the upper border of the icon for his other strength stretched up to also occupy the spot where the missing icon should have been.

Speaking of mods though, for the somewhere between zero and two people who downloaded the mod I put up: While putting together something that would make the Lone Wolf perk provide a crit bonus without editing that mod directly, I found that the LW2 perk pack modifies how some base-game perks function (nerfing them in most cases). This and This will fix that. They also make the Templar melee perks interact properly with Focus(Though they still don't generate momentum), buff Sapper's destruction bonus by 90 (I'm checking to see if it makes a noticeable difference in the perk's effectiveness -- a small boost to cover destruction is a lot less meaningful in the base-game than it is in Long War), make Area Suppression cost 1 less ammo (To compensate for the base-game cannons having a smaller default clip-size), and make a bunch of Sniper perks compatible with Double Tap.

Please let me know if I should stop posting this sort of thing here, by the way; I don't want to clog up the thread with stuff no one actually cares about.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 20, 2020

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'll try out some of the other classes soon, this campaign is close to wrapping up. So far the only notable unusual weapons I've seen have been a few ripjacks on non-skirmishers, and also one soldier that can use a bullpup. Which isn't all that great really, since the bullpup has a weaker damage output to balance out the skirmisher's ability to shoot twice in a turn, so putting it on a normal soldier means it's basically just a worse rifle. I

Bullpups got changed in RPGO to be 'the Overwatch weapon', but I also forgot to mention if you just don't want to deal with any of the weapons or attachment changes and have MCM you can turn all of them off by going to the RPGO General Settings Tab of the Mod Config menu.

(Ignore the other tabs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I ain't never seen a pod be here in over 200 rounds of xcom 2 before. This made for a very nice shot!