Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If you haven't beaten a game out of spite can you really call yourself a gamer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I played through ATV Racers on the PS and it made me a worse person, if you can imagine that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

The last time I did this was probably Jedi Fallen Order

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I don't like a game I will just... not play the game.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Imhotep posted:

Of course not, but it’s Fridge Corn, he will complain about a game for weeks and then say ‘well I finished it, it wasn’t that good’. And also is a self proclaimed lover of mediocre games.

It's good to finish games you're not enjoying. It's like a self-imposed punishment for wasting your money.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

If I don't like a game I will just... not play the game.

I'll go one better and post about how much i didn't like it on the internet!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Morpheus posted:

I platted Bloodborne out of spite and still regret it

It did a lot to show me exactly why I hated so much of it though, and more importantly, what I loved about the Souls games.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RBA Starblade posted:

I platted Bloodborne out of spite and still regret it

At least you could get the plat!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Most recent was Black Ops 3. One of the worst games I've ever played, it was aggressively not fun to play. And I'm the person who likes COD games.

What's everyone's worst game they've bought for the PS4?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hmm great question, probably warhammer 40k: deathwatch which is basically a port of a mobile game

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Most recent was Black Ops 3. One of the worst games I've ever played, it was aggressively not fun to play. And I'm the person who likes COD games.

Left Alive and I've barely played it a couple hours. That said I do plan to finish it one of these days because at least one of the main characters is pretty cool (Olga).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd have to check but it's almost definitely some downloadable trash I picked up for cheap. If we include PS+ it's probably Aava's Awakening, which is pretty much just that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't think of many real stinkers I've bought this gen. back in the PS2 era I'd buy any old poo poo. I'll need to check my library.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The worst things I've bought this generation in general were on Switch, but that's because there are endless amounts of poo poo on 99% off sales that I bought for a penny because why not lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think I've bought any high-profile game that was real trash I hated, but I can't remember every bit of indie PSVR crap I've bought

There were a couple of VR games I bought and never played because they gave me an instant headache, but that's not really "bad" in the same sense

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

It’s not a terrible game, but the one I enjoyed the least was dragon age inquisition. I think I played about a dozen hours before realizing I was having the opposite of fun. Everything about it was video game as poo poo and it seemed to take itself entirely too seriously.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Worst game I've played this generation was probably The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Just terrible.

I don't have a very high miss rate with PS4 games since I only tend to get the high-profile exclusives for it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
assassin's creed origins repulsed me on pretty much every level

think i made it about ninety minutes before tapping out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

The worst things I've bought this generation in general were on Switch, but that's because there are endless amounts of poo poo on 99% off sales that I bought for a penny because why not lol

Yeah I've bought so much sub-€5 poo poo on Switch that I play for ten minutes and never touch again.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They might have fixed it since then but at launch the PaRappa remaster was unplayable broken

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fridge corn posted:

Masterworks all, you can't go wrong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

God of War (2018)

EDIT: Actually I didn’t buy it, I got it for Christmas.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

fridge corn posted:

I can see that since they removed the best song from the game in the re-release

https://youtu.be/8XBlBPtQW6g

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

WaltherFeng posted:

I can see that since they removed the best song from the game in the re-release

https://youtu.be/8XBlBPtQW6g

On 360 I always tried to see if I could load into the game before the buttrock part started

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There will never be a worse purchase than outer worlds at full price

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bought Agents of Mayhem for £5 off eBay because Saints Row was pretty ok despite the sharp downward trajectory of the franchise from 2 onwards.

I would have had a better time setting that fiver on fire.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

nachos posted:

There will never be a worse purchase than outer worlds at full price

yeah but wasn't that one of the first big games on the gamepass when it was £1 for 3 months ?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Going back over my library, my least favorite AAA game I own is Killzone Shadowfall, which I bought mostly so I had something to do with this brand new console while PSN was overwhelmed. And that wasn't even really bad, just acceptable.

Although, I somehow own a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate which I've never launched because I have no desire to actually play it, not sure how that happened but I guess it's the winner now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

haveblue posted:

Going back over my library, my least favorite AAA game I own is Killzone Shadowfall, which I bought mostly so I had something to do with this brand new console while PSN was overwhelmed. And that wasn't even really bad, just acceptable.

Although, I somehow own a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate which I've never launched because I have no desire to actually play it, not sure how that happened but I guess it's the winner now

That was a free game on the Epic Store launcher for a bit. I somehow own like 7 Assassin's Creed games now despite only ever paying money for two of them.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Outside of PS+ dross which I don't think counts, probably Mass Effect: Andromeda. I beat it but it was disappointing.

I also bought the remastered versions of Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and X/X-2 on the PS4. I rebought them on the PC so I could mod them but I should have realized they would need it and not bought them on the PS4 in the first place.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I enjoyed Demon’s Souls right up until the final boss where I couldn’t beat it and managed to lose like 25+ levels to the grab attack so went gently caress it and exploited a bug with the boss pathfinding limits and poisoned them to death.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
God it's crazy how much time I spend farming machines to get more potions because each and every machine kicks my absolute rear end and I can't stealth worth a drat. Feels like getting a bomb to a head hurts less than arrows

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

I enjoyed Demon’s Souls right up until the final boss where I couldn’t beat it and managed to lose like 25+ levels to the grab attack so went gently caress it and exploited a bug with the boss pathfinding limits and poisoned them to death.

I love how there's this ridiculous internet mantra about Souls games being a true meditative experience on the improvement of the self or w/e yet to watch me play them is just abusing the cheapest poo poo imaginable to exploit 10 y.o. game logic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think the worst game I own a box copy of is Anthem, a game that I effectively was paid to take off the store's hands thanks to a promotional offer. I don't know how you make a looter shooter where none of the loot noticeably changes the look of your shooter or your looter but by God BioWare did it. I probably own some abject trash on a digital level but with how easy it is to pick up trash with Humble Bundles or PS+ or whatever I don't even consider it worth the effort to look at my Library.

Honestly I don't play a lot of games I'd say are "bad." I do a lot of research a head of time when purchasing most games so I know what I'm getting into instead of just buying a game because someone says it's really good then tumbling in here to say how poo poo it is and if I should keep playing it. Every once in awhile though I'll buy a game that I know is not going to be good and explore it just to see if/why it's bad rather than just trust YouTube 20 minute essayists ranting over game footage. Like I played Sonic Forces, Anthem, and Dynasty Warriors 9 (which actually I enjoyed but is a real franchise misfire) this past year and I'd describe them all as horribly frustrating experiences where I could see what they're going for but oh they didn't do this right and ah if they don't did this it'd be better but I still had some kernels of fun and enjoyment. Of course then I bought Thief Simulator on Switch when it was on sale for a dollar some months back and man that game is just poo poo all around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

owl_pellet posted:

Outside of PS+ dross which I don't think counts, probably Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I think this was the biggest stinker I bought this gen. I really disliked Fallout 4 and payed €70 for it but it was better than MA:E for a few hours at least.

I bought Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Switch at launch and it was really buggy to the point where I couldn't play it so that might be the worst buy this gen.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jedi: Fallen Order is the only PS4 game I ever played that felt like I had just completely wasted all my time.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Morpheus posted:

Bishop infinite.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order is the only PS4 game I ever played that felt like I had just completely wasted all my time.

That was another really bad one. Such a badly made game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still think about Anthem, that title was suppose to get a massive overhaul but just kinda quietly disappeared I think and theres been nothing on it since. That is the case for UBISofts Ghost Recon Breakpoint, they were promising a huge overhaul of everything and then that never materialized.